Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

[quote name='pete5883']Have you checked to see if you have the new heatsink?[/QUOTE]

nope lol. I haven't even opened the box yet.

I did hear from someone at xbox forums (I think it was the official forums), that he got the same exact model number and manufacturer date, and looked to see what heatsink he got and it was the new one. I'm not sure if it also speaks for me too.

If anyone willing to purchase Xbox 360 Elite Bundle with 2 free games inside from NewEgg.com. The Lot Number must be 737, Team Name must be FDOU and Manufacturer Date must be 09/06/07. Thanks!

[quote name='jer7583']Since they're just putting the games in the boxes, has anyone tried bringing in their reciept for a 360 purchased recently at best buy and getting the free games? It'd be worth a shot, right?[/quote]I was thinking the same thing. I bought the halo 3 console (Sept. 16th) when it launched and it's barely within the 30 day return policy. I think I'll give it a shot if I have time.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I was thinking the same thing. I bought the halo 3 console (Sept. 16th) when it launched and it's barely within the 30 day return policy. I think I'll give it a shot if I have time.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can exchange it as long as it's within 30 days and you have the receipt.

I exchanged my 360 at work today (controller connection issues) and we just got the holiday bundle in. I got it, but sadly it doesn't seem like I got the falcon. My lot # is 0733 and date is 8/16/07. Sucks...

[quote name='Ma12kez']I was thinking the same thing. I bought the halo 3 console (Sept. 16th) when it launched and it's barely within the 30 day return policy. I think I'll give it a shot if I have time.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can exchange it as long as it's within 30 days and you have the receipt.

I exchanged my 360 at work today (controller connection issues) and we just got the holiday bundle in. I got it, but sadly it doesn't seem like I got the falcon. My lot # is 0733 and date is 8/16/07. Sucks..

Edit: It seems like I might have the falcon chip. People are claiming some of these have them.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']For those who wish to know, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:
  1. Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs) (So far only Halo 3 Lot 0734 consoles have been found with 65nm)
  2. Manufactured on or after 8/24/07
  3. Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)

How to find Lot and Team info:
There is a white sticker on the side of the box with the lot # and team. In order to find the manufacturing date without opening the box, there is a flap on the side of the box that allows you to peek inside and see the manufacturing date on the console itself.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. looked in several threads for this.

I just picked up a 360 bundle from Gamestop. New stock this week with the games included.

Lot 735, 9-2 Mfg date. But team CSOM

I know there's a thread around, can someone point me to how to check for the Falcon?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I just picked up a 360 bundle from Gamestop. New stock this week with the games included.

Lot 735, 9-2 Mfg date. But team CSOM

I know there's a thread around, can someone point me to how to check for the Falcon?[/quote]

I doubt it, but for updated info on how to identify if you have a falcon, the forum is:

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15904566

These guys are xbox fanatics, so they should know best as the first poster opened his console I believe

It's all so confusing, I think I'm just going to wait until the "Go Pro" boxes are out there. Those have a better chance at being Falcons right?

So the Elite bundle has already been released?? I'll wait for Black Friday, before I decide to buy the Elite at a cheap price.

Edit: I hope you guys in the US are getting a good deal. Just checked the FS stores in Canada and there going to be selling the Elite, Forza and MUA and a free Guitar Hero II Bundle with game for $499.99 starting Nov. 2...I'm hoping the US has similar deals, as I'm liking the currency conversion rate their at the moment :D

[quote name='NolbertoS']So the Elite bundle has already been released?? [/quote]

I'm waiting for best buy to put these back on the shelves....maybe next week?? anyone know??

I got one (Elite) yesterday, had to return a brick premium to Best Buy and they had no Premiums. So I could get the Halo Edition or a Elite and spend a extra 52 for a bigger HDD, Marvel: UA (I can pay for the extra characters, had the game before and LOVED it) and Forza 2 (and return the Forza 2 I have to Gamefly). It's great because both games are on two discs and have the original manuals.

I got the Elite. The great thing is that since I bought the Premium at 400, I had to pay less of a difference. I could have copped the Halo one, but if that bricked out on me (this is my 3rd system and I keep good care of all my systems and stuff in general), at least it might be easier to get a Elite or whateve SKU they come out with than a Halo 3 360.

sounds like the elite bundle is slowly showing up at best buy....my 360 just died and I rather not wait for the repair - I'll sell mine once I get it back but this gives me a good excuse to buy an elite, and I might as well wait for the bundle to show up, never played forza or MA.

I traded in all my stuff this past Thursday (ps2 & games, xbox & most games, DS & games) and well as some dvds and picked up the Pro Bundle. I just hate that it's the original version of MUA, meaning I have to buy the new characters. I kinda wish it was 2 different cases so I could just trade out Forza2 if I want to, rather then trading just the disk and manual, but i guess that's what Goozex is for (it's fetching a high price on there too). The best part was that I got my 360 technically for free (though with the trade-in prices at GS, I feel a bit cheated).

Have there been any reports of the "Go Pro" or "Go Big" versions out yet? It seems like it is just repackaged systems right now. At a Best Buy near me they even reprinted the labels (the ones that say lot #s and teams) and stuck them over the older ones.

EDIT: I guess someone posted street date is the 23rd... it is not mentioned in any ads for this week. It is kind of like they don't want anyone to know about it yet.

23rd you say? buy.com has the elite bundle for the 23rd as well.

I'll call tuesday and see if they have any in stock, sounds like a safe bet.

Saw premiums with MUA and Forza 2 at my local Fred Meyer yesterday(Seattle, WA area). They have a deal where you also get a free copy of some killer game that I already have (Orange Box?).

They had Wiis, too. :)

Saw a stack of the bundled premium's at TRU the other day. It's just a sticker on the top and side of the box that says that it now includes the two free games.

[quote name='linkmon']I own it already. The 360 seems to be quieter and cooler, alot cooler and HDMI RULES!![/QUOTE]

What model (zepher, falonc, etc.)? When was it manufactured? What drive did you get?

[quote name='Wolfpup']What model (zepher, falonc, etc.)? When was it manufactured? What drive did you get?[/QUOTE]

I'll chime in since I just got a Pro bundle from the Frys.com deal last week.

Mine was Lot 0736, Team FDOU, Manuf Date: 2007-09-08. No idea what drive, but it is pretty loud. Not sure on chip either. Mixed reports on that lot number and team on line with some saying they see the Falcon heatsink and others the old Zephyr with the heat pipe.

broke down, bought the elite bundle from buy.com
should be here thus......CA tax hurt me too!!
best buy said it could be 10-14 days before it shows up BTW

my lcoal best buy had about 25 sitting out on the show floor. I'm guess they either sold them all or got in trouble for breaking the street date and put them all up but they're all gone now.

yeah the pro bundle isn't hard to find but finding the elite bundle between now and nov. 1st (in a store) won't be easy. buy.com seems like the only place that has 'em right now.

just got one from best buy, they had none on the floor had to go in the back to get one, lot no: 0736, im guessing thats the newer one.

[quote name='shimz']yeah the pro bundle isn't hard to find but finding the elite bundle between now and nov. 1st (in a store) won't be easy. buy.com seems like the only place that has 'em right now.[/quote]

Dell.com has them available for shipping in 1-2 weeks with free "slow" shipping.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']just got one from best buy, they had none on the floor had to go in the back to get one, lot no: 0736, im guessing thats the newer one.[/QUOTE]

Did you pick up the Pro version or the repacked version?

I picked up a pro bundle yesterday at BB, here are the specs:
Lot-736
Team-FDOU
Manufacture date- 09-05-07
DVD drive-Hitachi ( wish it was a Ben-Q)
Stickers on box not GO PRO
Fans-DC Brushless
Falcon chip with 2 inductors and new heatpipe

I also purchased the 2 year PRP.

[quote name='DomLando']Anyone see any Elites?[/quote]

I'd like to know as well. I was hoping Amazon would start selling them so I could get it tax-free and with free shipping, but they only have the Pro bundle. :bomb:

I'm hoping the Elite bundle shows up on Dell.com, since I can use my American Express Rewards points to get a $150 Dell gift card. Getting an Elite for $300 would be SWEET.

I've sent Dell.com an email asking about Elite bundle availability...if they send me anything useful I'll post it here.

bread's done
Back