Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

[quote name='hlb96']I picked up a pro bundle yesterday at BB, here are the specs:
Lot-736
Team-FDOU
Manufacture date- 09-05-07
DVD drive-Hitachi ( wish it was a Ben-Q)
Stickers on box not GO PRO
Fans-DC Brushless
Falcon chip with 2 inductors and new heatpipe

I also purchased the 2 year PRP.[/quote]

I got a very similar model at Target in Springfield VA, got their 3yr warranty with it.

[quote name='chhenry']I got a very similar model at Target in Springfield VA, got their 3yr warranty with it.[/quote]
and you consider yourself a CAG? Everyone who purchases one gets a 3yr warranty from MS. Congrats! :applause:#-o

Let's see... Wait a couple of weeks for MS to fix it or even replace it, or get an instant replacement in store? Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='velvet396']and you consider yourself a CAG? Everyone who purchases one gets a 3yr warranty from MS. Congrats! :applause:#-o[/QUOTE]
Microsoft only covers on 3 RROD. Nothing else though.

[quote name='velvet396']and you consider yourself a CAG? Everyone who purchases one gets a 3yr warranty from MS. Congrats! :applause:#-o[/QUOTE]
MS 3 year only covers Red-Ring. Targets should cover everything for the 3 years.

[quote name='sasukekun']MS 3 year only covers Red-Ring. Targets should cover everything for the 3 years.[/quote]

There are 2-3 very critical differences between Target and BB extended warranty. One thing to note is that in order to repair a 360 without voiding the Microsoft warranty, you need to be a trained and licensed MS technician...meaning you work at Microsoft. Why is that important? Read on to Target's part below. I shall do my best to explain it:

BB:
a) official name is "Product Replacement Plan". "Replacement" is the key word here. There is no attempt to fix on BB's part whatsoever, not that Geek Squad would even know where to start for something so technical as 360 hardware.

b) you get the full original purchase amount back to you. Feel like you no longer want a 360? Buy anything else you want in the store. Bought a Pro 360 back when it was $399? Hey, why not buy the Halo 3 version or better yet, pick up a new Pro and put the $50 towards a new PRP.

Target:
a) official name is "Extended Service Plan". "Service" is the key word. On the service plan product card it clearly states "If we can't fix it, we'll replace it." In other words they never said replacement...unless they can't do anything to fix your original actual product. But how can Target attempt to fix it without having licensed MS technicians? The second you open a 360 console without a Microsoft employee badge and a job title like engineer, the company warranty is VOIDED.

b) you do not get an actual refund of some sort but are only given a new equivalent product (if you are lucky and they can't fix it). This is irregardless of the original purchase amount. Bought a Pro 360 back when it was $399? Tough luck, you don't get the $50 back.

Wanna bet that Target's 360 repair center is 1-800-4MY-XBOX?

"Hello and thank you for calling XBOX service help. How may I help you today?

"Hi. This is Target warehouse 0123. There is a 360 that needs repair from retail location 4567. This cannot be a refurb exchange because this is a warranty-liable purchase. We need to know by next week if it can be fixed."

"Sure thing. I'll be sure to note that right now for this serial number. Are there any other 360s that need to be sent in from that location?"

[quote name='sasukekun']MS 3 year only covers Red-Ring. Targets should cover everything for the 3 years.[/quote]

There are 2-3 very critical differences between Target and BB extended warranty. One thing to note is that in order to repair a 360 without voiding the Microsoft warranty, you need to be a trained and licensed MS technician...meaning you work at Microsoft. Why is that important? Read on to Target's part below. I shall do my best to explain it:

BB:
a) official name is "Product Replacement Plan". "Replacement" is the key word here. There is no attempt to fix on BB's part whatsoever, not that Geek Squad would even know where to start for something so technical as 360 hardware.

b) you get the full original purchase amount back to you. Feel like you no longer want a 360? Buy anything else you want in the store. Bought a Pro 360 back when it was $399? Hey, why not buy the Halo 3 version or better yet, pick up a new Pro and put the $50 towards a new PRP.

Target:
a) official name is "Extended Service Plan". "Service" is the key word. On the service plan product card it clearly states "If we can't fix it, we'll replace it." HERE In other words they never said replacement...unless they can't do anything to fix your original actual product. But how can Target attempt to fix it without having licensed MS technicians? The second you open a 360 console without a Microsoft employee badge and a job title like engineer, the company warranty is VOIDED.

b) you do not get an actual refund of some sort but are only given a new equivalent product (if you are lucky and they can't fix it). This is irregardless of the original purchase amount. Bought a Pro 360 back when it was $399? Tough luck, you don't get the $50 back.

Wanna bet that Target's 360 repair center is 1-800-4MY-XBOX?

"Hello and thank you for calling XBOX service help. How may I help you today?

"Hi. This is Target warehouse 0123. There is a 360 that needs repair from retail location 4567. This cannot be a refurb exchange because this is a warranty-liable purchase. We need to know by next week if it can be fixed."

"Sure thing. I'll be sure to note that right now for this serial number. Are there any other 360s that need to be sent in from that location?"

[quote name='abreed']Did you pick up the Pro version or the repacked version?[/QUOTE]
I picked up the pro version
Manufacturing date 9-04-2007
team fdou

are you guys sure the elites are bein bundled with the free games aswell, as ive yet to see a single elite, online or in store that has teh forza2/marvel bundle

[quote name='hlb96']I picked up a pro bundle yesterday at BB, here are the specs:
Lot-736
Team-FDOU
Manufacture date- 09-05-07
DVD drive-Hitachi ( wish it was a Ben-Q)
Stickers on box not GO PRO
Fans-DC Brushless
Falcon chip with 2 inductors and new heatpipe

I also purchased the 2 year PRP.[/quote]

How do you know that your 360 has the falcon chip in it?
Also, if MS give a 3 year replacement program, what is the point of buying BB 2 year PRP?

[quote name='-DirtySanchez-']are you guys sure the elites are bein bundled with the free games aswell, as ive yet to see a single elite, online or in store that has teh forza2/marvel bundle[/QUOTE]
Dell.com and gamestop.com have the Elite Bundles up for sale. I have yet to see any in store.

[quote name='stojko23']How do you know that your 360 has the falcon chip in it?
Also, if MS give a 3 year replacement program, what is the point of buying BB 2 year PRP?[/QUOTE]
The MS warranty is only for the 3 Red Rings. If anything else goes wrong they do not cover this. Also if you go to the Xbox.com forums there are a bunch of threads explaining how to see if you have the Falcon chip.

[quote name='DomLando']Dell.com and gamestop.com have the Elite Bundles up for sale. I have yet to see any in store.[/quote] damn, i really hope they show up in stores soon, cuz i have to get it from wal mart for my mom to use her 20% off holiday discount crap, and i would much rather have the elite then the premium

[quote name='nintendokid']There are 2-3 very critical differences between Target and BB ...[/quote]

I realized when I bought it that It probably wasnt the best warranty but it was only $30 and with what I hear about the reliability of these things I figgure that it's better than nothing.

I'm buying this on monday. Whats the best place to buy them? I was thinking EB Games.

Also forza and UA come in their boxes right? Like buying a new game are they packaged in their original boxes or do they give it to you in a stupid liittle plastic folder that they put used games in.

[quote name='LocDogg']I'm buying this on monday. Whats the best place to buy them? I was thinking EB Games.

Also forza and UA come in their boxes right? Like buying a new game are they packaged in their original boxes or do they give it to you in a stupid liittle plastic folder that they put used games in.[/quote]

Just check eBay if you want to see pictures. There is a single case with the picture for Forza on one side and the Marvel game on the other. Inside there are separate discs for the games.

Can anyone tell me what the packaging for M:UA and Forza 2 looks like?

Does it have a big "Not For Resale" box like the Crimson Skies bundled games?

[quote name='PyroGamer']Can anyone tell me what the packaging for M:UA and Forza 2 looks like?

Does it have a big "Not For Resale" box like the Crimson Skies bundled games?[/quote]

No, the phrase "Not for Resale" does not appear ANYWHERE on the bundles game discs, instuction manuals or packaging.

And The way the games are packed is:
- ONE Xbox 360 game case with the M:UA art on front and Forza 2 art on the back, with 2 separate disc tray holders

- M:UA game disc and separate Forza 2 game disc

- M:UA manual and separate Forza 2 manual.

To summarize, M:UA and Forza 2 are entirely separate, excpet for sharing the same DVD case/insert art. The phrase "Not for Resale" does NOT appear ANYWHERE on the pack in!

[quote name='manthing']No, the phrase "Not for Resale" does not appear ANYWHERE on the bundles game discs, instuction manuals or packaging.

And The way the games are packed is:
- ONE Xbox 360 game case with the M:UA art on front and Forza 2 art on the back, with 2 separate disc tray holders

- M:UA game disc and separate Forza 2 game disc

- M:UA manual and separate Forza 2 manual.

To summarize, M:UA and Forza 2 are entirely separate, excpet for sharing the same DVD case/insert art. The phrase "Not for Resale" does NOT appear ANYWHERE on the pack in![/QUOTE]

the one I got which is similar to yours has the phrase "Not packaged for individual resale" in a green box at the bottom of the case with ultimate alliance on the cover.

I'm not sure what that means, but I'm guessing it means we cannot sell these games.

[quote name='vatochewy111']the one I got which is similar to yours has the phrase "Not packaged for individual resale" in a green box at the bottom of the case with ultimate alliance on the cover.

I'm not sure what that means, but I'm guessing it means we cannot sell these games.[/QUOTE]

As long as its not on the discs themselves, Gamestop should take them without a problem.

Has anyone heard anything as to when Amazon is going to get these? I tried calling, but got the wonderfull call center in India that didn't understand a word I was saying. I really find it hard to believe that Amazon does not have the Elite Holiday Bundle in stock, when I have seen other places have it online already.

Thanks.

I've been wanting an Elite for a while but I have to say I am somewhat disappointed there has been nothing done to make the Elite have more value. Prior to the new motherboards, the Elite was sporting HDMI (with cable) and the 120GB harddrive for $100 extra. Now all of the 360s are sporting HDMI so your $100 for the Elite only nets you 100 extra gigs and the HDMI cable. Granted I'd still get the Elite since that extra space is STILL worth $100 extra, I'm just disappointed that Microsoft isn't doing a little something extra to set it more apart from its peers, black paint job not withstanding.

[quote name='Cursor']Saw premiums with MUA and Forza 2 at my local Fred Meyer yesterday(Seattle, WA area). They have a deal where you also get a free copy of some killer game that I already have (Orange Box?).

They had Wiis, too. :)[/quote]

I purchased a pro bundle Tuesday, in addition to the bundle games you get Bioshock free (the coupon needed is at the display case.) The deal ends the 27th, I think.

Deal is also posted on the NW regional deals section.

[quote name='richdmoore']I purchased a pro bundle Tuesday, in addition to the bundle games you get Bioshock free (the coupon needed is at the display case.) The deal ends the 27th, I think.

Deal is also posted on the NW regional deals section.[/QUOTE]

Damn thats a good deal.

[quote name='vatochewy111']the one I got which is similar to yours has the phrase "Not packaged for individual resale" in a green box at the bottom of the case with ultimate alliance on the cover.

I'm not sure what that means, but I'm guessing it means we cannot sell these games.[/quote]
I looked at my 2 pack last night and saw that it has that disclaimer on the front. But the disclaimer is NOWHERE on the actual discs or instruction manuals.

So, if you tried to trade these in to Gamestop as is, they might not consider them 2 separate games, thus ineligible for the $10 bonus.

But the easiest way around this is to place each disc/manual into a blank DVD case and trade them in that way. When coupled with the $10 bonus and EDGE, these 2 will get you $32 or $33.

I know for a fact that these games will trade in when separated, I traded Forza in on Monday this week.

Buyer beware when ordering the Pro bundle from Amazon! My console was a Lot #727 with a manufactured date in July. Ouch...

I'm hoping that the Elites are. I have one coming from Dell.com and it should be delivered today. I'll post my findings.

[quote name='silks']I'm hoping that the Elites are. I have one coming from Dell.com and it should be delivered today. I'll post my findings.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully you get the bundle that says GO Big on it. If it was done with the "kit" stores got to change over there older stock there is a good chance it will be and older Elite. Good luck though and let us know.

[quote name='wwfward']What are the lot numbers for Falcon Xboxes?[/QUOTE]
Nobody is sure yet. People are reporting certain Lots that have a Falcon and other people with the same lots do not have it. Lot 738 seems to be having a good amount of people reporting it has the Falcon.

bread's done
Back