Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

Well I ordered an Elite from Amazon.com, wish me luck!

I says it won't ship until Nov. 7 so I'm guessing I'll get a newer model with the Falcon.

Just got one from Sears today (I work there so I got 10% discount :) )
Anyways mine is manufactured 9-14-07, lot 0737, and Team FDOU

So im pretty sure its falcon :)

[quote name='wildnuts02']old and not a deal.[/QUOTE]
May not be much of a deal to you but I was able to resell the two games that came with it (forza for $30 and Marvel UA for $20) bringing my 360 price down to a cool $300! Now THAT is a cheap ass gamer!:applause:

[quote name='richdmoore']I purchased a pro bundle Tuesday, in addition to the bundle games you get Bioshock free (the coupon needed is at the display case.) The deal ends the 27th, I think.

Deal is also posted on the NW regional deals section.[/QUOTE]

Im confused. I bought my 360 bundle pack (the 20gb version with the Forza and MUA) ;) about two weeks ago and would LOVE to get Bioshock for free. How do I get it? I live in Illinois and not sure if your reference is a section on GS website or on this forum. I did a search in this forum but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='bluteg']Well I ordered an Elite from Amazon.com, wish me luck!

I says it won't ship until Nov. 7 so I'm guessing I'll get a newer model with the Falcon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pcgamer58']Just got one from Sears today (I work there so I got 10% discount )
Anyways mine is manufactured 9-14-07, lot 0737, and Team FDOU So im pretty sure its falcon.[/QUOTE]

Not to burst both of your bubbles, but the only way to tell is to actually check and see what is inside. Just because one is shipping later or you have a high date and lot # does not mean anything right now. There have been 737s that have not been Falcons. You have to actually check it out to see. A lot of these systems are still systems MS had left over before they started using the new chip.

[quote name='Alf']Where should I get a 360 from? Does Best Buy have the best warranty plan?[/QUOTE]

I 2nd this request. I'm looking to get a Pro very soon.

I've been thinking that stores will be offering deals like a free controller or game as we get closer to the holidays. What do you think my chances are of a good deal like that coming soon? I see Fred Meyers has one but they don't have those in my area. I remember last year at xmas quite a few stores were offering a little something extra.

[quote name='Talyssa']I've been thinking that stores will be offering deals like a free controller or game as we get closer to the holidays. What do you think my chances are of a good deal like that coming soon? I see Fred Meyers has one but they don't have those in my area. I remember last year at xmas quite a few stores were offering a little something extra.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember when Gears came out, Target as giving a $50 gift card w/ purchase of a system. Man, I wish they had that now.

I now have two controllers, two play-and-charge kits, and the 360 VGA cable and an audio cable to hook it up to my monitor and computer speakers. I just need the 360 itself. Do you folks think there'll be some good deals or bundles coming up or should I just get one of these?

[quote name='DomLando']Not to burst both of your bubbles, but the only way to tell is to actually check and see what is inside. Just because one is shipping later or you have a high date and lot # does not mean anything right now. There have been 737s that have not been Falcons. You have to actually check it out to see. A lot of these systems are still systems MS had left over before they started using the new chip.[/QUOTE]

Hey Dom, I should be getting my Elite tomorrow (it shipped out last Thursday with DHL 3-5 day shipping from Illinois to Atlanta), so I'll post my complete findings here. I'm thinking that Dell.com may only be stocking newer machines because they didn't stock any 360 Elites until last Thursday when I ordered (I checked every day), and when they finally listed it the Go Big bundle (with sticker on front) was specifically pictured.

Even if I don't get a Falcon, it's not the end of the world. I keep my 360 on my desk in the open air so any heat-related motherboard warping is pretty unlikely.

[quote name='OGHowie']In stock now with free shipping.[/quote]

I waited as long as I could for Amazon to list these last week and ended up paying tax to get the Elite Bundle from Dell. My new 360 should be here today, but the Amazon.com no tax/no shipping deal is a good one.

I just got my Elite Bundle from Dell. It looks to be a re-package because the manufacture date was July 2007 and the extra game's case is cracked (probably due to ill repackaging).

I'm excited to be playing 360 again, so I'll live - even though I'm a bit disappointed.

[quote name='Eric78DX']May not be much of a deal to you but I was able to resell the two games that came with it (forza for $30 and Marvel UA for $20) bringing my 360 price down to a cool $300! Now THAT is a cheap ass gamer!:applause:[/QUOTE]
where did you sell it to.

Everyone's gone Falcon crazy.

I actually don't think it's going to make much of a difference till next year when the Jasper is released. The ATI graphic chips and smaller memory chips are the ones to target in 2008. Plus it's going to down the price.

I got my 360 Elite from Dell.com yesterday and it's definitely not a Falcon - manufactured in July 2007, and the package was "retrofitted" to include the Forza/Marvel combo disk. You can tell it was retrofitted because the original seal on the box was broken, and a new one was put on top of it. It looks like they open up the old box, replace some of the cardboard inserts so there's room for the game, and seal it back up again.

I'm a little disappointed, but all I wanted in the first place was a bigger hard drive and HDMI so I'm perfectly content. In fact, I was fine with 360 over component until I saw my PS3 running at 1080p over HDMI, and then changes had to be made.

-silks

The easiest way to check is use a flashlight on the bottom and look for inductors next to the heatsinks. 2=Falcon, 3=Zephyr

1603431576_79878d9bd7_o.jpg

This is from the top, but you should be able to see them from the bottom as well.

Heads up, the elite bundles are starting to hit retail outlets. I've seen them at Target stores the past 2 days. I have a pic that I can upload later tonight if people want.

The Elite bundles seemed to be just reseals, since the 'Go Big' phrase wasn't on it.

Most of the places I have been to have been sold-out and dont know when they are getting any in.

I managed to find the actual bundle at Gamestop, but later that day I found out that they planned to stop selling PRP with the system, so I returned it.

[quote name='sasukekun']Just picked up an 360 elite bundle from my local BestBuy.[/QUOTE]

Was it a Go Big box or just a resealed regular box?

[quote name='OGHowie']Was it a Go Big box or just a resealed regular box?[/QUOTE]
I think right now most if not all of the bundles have been just the ones with the stickers put on. Nobody has reported getting one with Go Big on them.

where do you see the lot number of the Xbox? I got mine in from ebgames and it doens't say "go big" on ti either.... seems like a rebadge... I assume this isnt' a falcon...

I saw a big pile (about 20 elites) at the front of my local BestBuy (Moreno Valley, CA).

It was under another sticker on the side.

[quote name='Drnick']where do you see the lot number of the Xbox? I got mine in from ebgames and it doens't say "go big" on ti either.... seems like a rebadge... I assume this isnt' a falcon...[/QUOTE]
Nobody knows if the "Go Big" ones are even Falcons. You can check on the Xbox.com forums for ways to see if you have a falcon. But actually looking with a flashlight is the only way to tell as lot numbers right now really haven't shown anything. To see your lot number it is on the White sticker on the box that your 360 came in. My Elite had a white sticker over that sticker which a lot of people have been reporting as well. I don't know if Microsoft is doing that for a purpose though.

yeah, it seems to have a sticker over it... it came in the other day, but tis a christmas present.. (so I can't open ti til then). my big concern is, should I get an extended warranty on this? can I do that if its a gift? (it was bought from EB games)

thanks

I would recommend the extended warranty (replacement plan), but EB/GS no longer offers it. So since you havent opened it, I would return it and buy it elsewhere (bestbuy).

well, how much is best buys extended warranty?

does microsoft offer an extended warranty?

it was bought from ebgames.com, can I return it to the store and get my money back? or do I have to ship it back?

answered the last question on my own, ebgames lets you return it in store.... I just wanna make sure I get a falcon, what is my best bet as far as that goes?

Just saw some Elite bundles at my local Target, and it looks like Amazon has them in stock. I'll probably picking one up from Amazon. Free shipping and no sales tax on a $450 will save me a nice amount of cash.

[quote name='Drnick']answered the last question on my own, ebgames lets you return it in store.... I just wanna make sure I get a falcon, what is my best bet as far as that goes?[/QUOTE]
There is no way to know unless you look at the parts in the system. So when you are buying it in store right now it is impossible to know if it is a Falcon.

[quote name='DomLando']There is no way to know unless you look at the parts in the system. So when you are buying it in store right now it is impossible to know if it is a Falcon.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? Wouldn't it have to be a Falcon if the box doesn't say Zephyr and it's a recent manufacture date?

What I'd like to know is how to get a QUIET DRIVE. My first three 360s sounded like freaking blenders. So awful I'd actually rather play a Playstation 2 version of a game in many cases than deal with that. Not sure if I'm going to be able to enjoy Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey with that noise.

[quote name='Drnick']

[/quote]

Microsoft has an order form in the box to extend the 1 year warrenty to a 3 year warrenty for $60 (I think that is the price.)

If you buy the warrenty from microsoft, it covers everything for 3 years, while if you don't you get 1 year on everything, and 3 years only if you get the general hardware failure 3 red lights.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Are you sure? Wouldn't it have to be a Falcon if the box doesn't say Zephyr and it's a recent manufacture date?

What I'd like to know is how to get a QUIET DRIVE. My first three 360s sounded like freaking blenders. So awful I'd actually rather play a Playstation 2 version of a game in many cases than deal with that. Not sure if I'm going to be able to enjoy Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey with that noise.[/QUOTE]
Nope. If you look on the Xbox.com forums there is a huge thread about the Falcons and what not. People have manufacture dates as recent as Late September and have Zephyrs. Also with the drive the only way to tell is actually looking into the box as well. If you buy it at somewhere like BB, there return policy is 30 days so I mean you can just keep swapping 360's until you are happy.

I shone a flashlight inside my new Elite and it's a Zephyr. The box did NOT have "Go Big" on it, just the "Free Games" sticker.

It also had a white sticker over the sticker that usually has the Team and all that. Through that sticker I can see that the team on the old sticker is FDOU.

Edit: Oh yeah, the DVD drive is LOUD.

[quote name='Drnick']well, how much is best buys extended warranty?

it was bought from ebgames.com, can I return it to the store and get my money back? or do I have to ship it back?[/QUOTE]

do people still recommend the Best Buy warranty for $60 even if you got a falcon? I'm 99% sure I got a falcon in my new Premium today. But, i'm cheap and didn't want to spend the extra $$.

if anyone is buying an elite, i wouldnt worry about it being falcon or not. If your elite red rings on you, microsoft treats you like they baby and basically overnights you a new system to use while your elite gets repaired quicker than usual.

Anybody know if the Falcons are in the new holiday bundles?? Been reading the circuitcity ads about the Holiday Elite Bundle with 2 games for $450, but I'm debating on waiting out till Xmas and hope the Falcons are being used in the 360 or should I take my chances now and buy it with a 2 yr warranty?? Anybody know if the Best Buy Elite Bundles with 2 games are available yet??

I didn't think the falcon boards were even out yet. Only Zephyr boards in Pro systems with the extra heatsinks.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Anybody know if the Falcons are in the new holiday bundles?? Been reading the circuitcity ads about the Holiday Elite Bundle with 2 games for $450, but I'm debating on waiting out till Xmas and hope the Falcons are being used in the 360 or should I take my chances now and buy it with a 2 yr warranty?? Anybody know if the Best Buy Elite Bundles with 2 games are available yet??[/QUOTE]
If you read some of the thread before asking your questions you would have answers. Falcons are out but they are not guaranteed in holiday bundles. You actually have to take a flashlight and look at the parts in the system to see what you have. Best Buy does have the Elite bundles as well.

[quote name='slavefive']do people still recommend the Best Buy warranty for $60 even if you got a falcon? I'm 99% sure I got a falcon in my new Premium today. But, i'm cheap and didn't want to spend the extra $$.[/QUOTE]
Personally I would get the warranty. Who knows if the Falcon chip is even going to affect any thing? Also they are coming out with the Jesper chip next year so if you do pick a warranty you can swap your system out for the newer chip next year.

[quote name='DomLando']Personally I would get the warranty. Who knows if the Falcon chip is even going to affect any thing? Also they are coming out with the Jesper chip next year so if you do pick a warranty you can swap your system out for the newer chip next year.[/quote]Excellent point. This is exactly what I did this weekend. I switched my prem out with an elite (not a 65nm, btw) and was able to renew my warranty until 2009.:bouncy:

[quote name='NolbertoS']Anybody know if the Falcons are in the new holiday bundles?? Been reading the circuitcity ads about the Holiday Elite Bundle with 2 games for $450, but I'm debating on waiting out till Xmas and hope the Falcons are being used in the 360 or should I take my chances now and buy it with a 2 yr warranty?? Anybody know if the Best Buy Elite Bundles with 2 games are available yet??[/quote]

Yeah, the falcons are in the holiday bundles but its hit or miss. Supposidly different lot numbers have like a 90% chance of getting a falcon. These numbers are extremely rough of course as they were based on people in a forum placing their information. I think lot 736 team fdou was supposed to be high (80%) chance of getting a falcon. I bought one from circuit city, wasnt a falcon. Returned it, and actually opened 4 more in the middle of the store (what a cool cs guy) and looked, none of them were falcons.

and to reply to someone else in this thread, yeah, they are a lot better from what Ive seen so far. They produce a whole lot less heat than the zephyrs from what I can tell. Thats just subjective of course. What isnt subjective is the fact I measured two xbox's (my sister in law's falcon and my zephyr) side by side and the falcon used ~30 less watts in similar tasks. Granted its the GPU that is giving rrod, but the cpu producing less heat will certainly lower the overall ambient temperature in the xbox 360 and therefore lessen the temp the GPU is running at.

[quote name='relith']Yeah, the falcons are in the holiday bundles but its hit or miss. Supposidly different lot numbers have like a 90% chance of getting a falcon. These numbers are extremely rough of course as they were based on people in a forum placing their information. I think lot 736 team fdou was supposed to be high (80%) chance of getting a falcon. I bought one from circuit city, wasnt a falcon. Returned it, and actually opened 4 more in the middle of the store (what a cool cs guy) and looked, none of them were falcons.

and to reply to someone else in this thread, yeah, they are a lot better from what Ive seen so far. They produce a whole lot less heat than the zephyrs from what I can tell. Thats just subjective of course. What isnt subjective is the fact I measured two xbox's (my sister in law's falcon and my zephyr) side by side and the falcon used ~30 less watts in similar tasks. Granted its the GPU that is giving rrod, but the cpu producing less heat will certainly lower the overall ambient temperature in the xbox 360 and therefore lessen the temp the GPU is running at.[/QUOTE]
But since the Falcons are just recently popping up there is still no way to tell if this is going to help the problem or not. Is it all assumption as of now.

bread's done
Back