Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

[quote name='CheapyD']You can be sure those $299.99 Core Systems are made with Walmart in mind.[/QUOTE]
You know, I never even thought of that. :D Makes perfect sense, since they are the largest retailer around and they do stress price.

They sell 1 out of 5 CD's sold at retail. Yeah, I think they have a little pull with vendors. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']You know, I never even thought of that. :D Makes perfect sense, since they are the largest retailer around and they do stress price.

They sell 1 out of 5 CD's sold at retail. Yeah, I think they have a little pull with vendors. :D[/QUOTE] 1 out every 4 games are sold at Walmart.

[quote name='CheapyD']1 out every 4 games are sold at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

If that is true, that is very, very sad. But Wal-Mart is not all bad. That did just start carrying Armed and Dangerous again, and for $15 at that. Counts for something, right...?

[quote name='Dogpatch']Think it is kinda weird that Walmart has Halo 3 as one of the games you can pick from. :whistle2:k

Wonder if they remember to send it to you when it finally comes out?[/QUOTE]

You might be able to order Halo 3 with the bundle then cancel Halo 3 and get credited the $60 or they might not charge you the $60 until Halo 3 is released that will make the hit a little less harder.

[quote name='fidodido']Odd...I just checked and Walmart only lists the 2 Core bundles, but no Premium bundle anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a link to it from earlier today when it was listed. Still says in stock. I spend a couple of hours making SURE i get the best two games out of what they have listed, add it to cart and it says "Configuration is not available at this time. Please delete it from your cart. Click here to see available options." The click here takes me back to the item it just wouldn't sell me. Then I do a search for 360 and only the two piece of shit core systems bundles show up. So either it sold out, or the site is just fucked up. Either way it shouldn't say "in stock." I fucking hate walmart. So now I'm back to waiting in line for a day or so or giving EB $700 for games and crap I don't want/need. Wonderful. fucking walmart cocksuckers.

[quote name='fidodido']Odd...I just checked and Walmart only lists the 2 Core bundles, but no Premium bundle anymore.[/QUOTE]Damn. I didn't pull the trigger in time. :cry:

Microsoft has fucked this launch up HUGE. Who the hell is gonna buy the core system?? So most people who want the Premium system get screwed because Microsoft wants to say they launched at $299. What a bunch of bullshit! Plus now IGN is reporting it will launch on Black Friday. Anyone else about ready to say screw the whole thing??

[quote name='mmercer13']Microsoft has fucked this launch up HUGE. Who the hell is gonna buy the core system?? So most people who want the Premium system get screwed because Microsoft wants to say they launched at $299. What a bunch of bullshit! Plus now IGN is reporting it will launch on Black Friday. Anyone else about ready to say screw the whole thing??[/QUOTE]

Parents of whiney spoiled kids and other morons. The stupid ass core systems will sell to people who don't actually know what they are buying, and meanwhile the gamers (25 years strong and counting here) are fucked becuase the dumb ass core systems could have been made into the normal ones, which someone that actually knows what they are buying would buy, instead of the dumb fuck core systems which 50+% will be returned to the store on dec 26, and that WILL make microsoft look stupid. Guarentee you, you will be able to buy all the core systems you want dec 26 on, but the fucking actual system will probably be out of stock most places until march or so, maybe later. Worldwide lauch, yeah real good idea. The original xbox has only sold a couple hundred thousand untis in Japan so Ms, in their infinate wisdom, is sending over a million there at lauch, creating an even BIGGER shortage than necessary in the US. Way to reward your loyal customers. fuck you to microsoft and fuck you to Wal-mart. Pricks.

What the blue hell is going on at walmart.com now? Now there are no 360 bundles listed at all and I seriously doubt they sold out of core ones. It also now says to come back soon to reserve your console. I know they are morons, but it would be nice if they at least knew what the fuck they were doing, which, it appears, they do not. But remember "Wal-Mart and Walmart.com are the destinations for the Xbox 360". Yeah, right...

The hell with it. I just preordered the god awful EB bundle for almost $800. Since the system itself will probably be that or better on ebay shortly after launch, guess it's not that bad. OK, I don't even believe that, but it is better than Gamestop's bundle at the very least. And it can always be canceled if something better presents itself. Just curious, since Wally world appears to have pulled the 360 bundles (I'm just assuming there's no way in hell the core bundles sold out), would someone that did order one while they were up post if Wal-Mart cancels the order or not? Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did. Now I just have to figure out how to get the 800 frikkin dollars in the next month and a half. Joy. Well at least it IS better than sleeping outside at Target or spending 16 hours in a line at Wal-mart only to be told "You wanted the core thingie, right? 'cause that's all we got". I could totally see Wal-Mart doing that. On a total tangent, does anyone remember for sure the last time a system launched with 2 versions? I know the Neo Geo did (Gold and silver-at least I'm pretty sure they were both at launch), but I don't remember if both 3DOs launched at the same time. And no, different colors doesn't count. I mean actual different packages, like this one. If anyone remembers for sure, let me know. I would advise anyone who wants one at launch to go ahead and preorder one at eb. You can always cancel and that way you are in the queue if nothing better becomes available. Credit card is not charged until 10 days before shipment, btw. Any bets on which of those games won't be at launch. DOA4 and PGR3 probably will be. If PD0 is, it will probably be rushed crap, and there's just no way Kameo can be. I mean it just wouldn't be right. It's been delayed so many times before, it would just be anti-climatic to make any deadline.

For the record, Gamestop only charges tax for delivery to two states, where as EB charges tax to all but 2 states. What this means is, even though the basic decent bundles are $100 difference in price, after shipping (21 overnight for EB, 35 for GS), the actual price difference is only about $45. From EB to GS, you drop Kameo and pick up Call of Duty 2 and Elder Scrolls 4, plus a 1 year protection plan. If you want CoD2 and ES4 and don't want Kameo, that's an additional $70 worth of game for only about $45. I know it makes a far too expensive item even more expensive, and I'm sticking with the EB one, but just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who didn't know about the tax situation. I didn't know that GS still doesn't charge tax until a few days ago, so I figured there are others as well. I always order from EB or buy from ebay/half.

A Noob is the bearer of badness news any orders after noon (est) 9/6 for the XBOX 360 ultimate bundle will no longer be filled from the first shipment . The core bundle is still available, thats a suprise.

[quote name='CrisMase']A Noob is the bearer of badness news any orders after noon (est) 9/6 for the XBOX 360 ultimate bundle will no longer be filled from the first shipment . The core bundle is still available, thats a suprise.[/QUOTE]

Man, you just made my day. That means the order I placed on the 2nd is guarenteed to be first shipment, from the way it is stated. Woo Hoo.

[quote name='mietha']For the record, Gamestop only charges tax for delivery to two states, where as EB charges tax to all but 2 states. What this means is, even though the basic decent bundles are $100 difference in price, after shipping (21 overnight for EB, 35 for GS), the actual price difference is only about $45. From EB to GS, you drop Kameo and pick up Call of Duty 2 and Elder Scrolls 4, plus a 1 year protection plan. If you want CoD2 and ES4 and don't want Kameo, that's an additional $70 worth of game for only about $45. I know it makes a far too expensive item even more expensive, and I'm sticking with the EB one, but just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who didn't know about the tax situation. I didn't know that GS still doesn't charge tax until a few days ago, so I figured there are others as well. I always order from EB or buy from ebay/half.[/QUOTE]

That also means when they merge, they will cancel each other out and they won't charge tax at all.

[quote name='ECW_fan']No one has FF11 listed with any bundle I thought it was going to be a launch title.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's even a "launch window" title. I may be wrong about that though. It will probably come in the second wave with gears of war, full auto, etc.

Despite my earlier rant, now that the Wal-Mart preorders are back up, I don't think I'm going to cancel my eb one. Wal-Mart's shipping is $14 more for overnight and takes up to a day longer in processing. Also, it doesn't include a second battery and I'd rather have more games than a live card. Would be $62 dollars less (with 2-3 day shipping, not overnight) and it's $62 less in merchendice. Plus, I think eb will put forth more of an effort to get it to me quicker than wal-mart would. Might be wrong in that, but still. Mainly just wondering if I am alone in this decision. Of course, by doing this, one of the 4 games will be delayed and they'll replace it with f'ing madden or some other POS like that...

[quote name='mietha']Despite my earlier rant, now that the Wal-Mart preorders are back up, I don't think I'm going to cancel my eb one. Wal-Mart's shipping is $14 more for overnight and takes up to a day longer in processing. Also, it doesn't include a second battery and I'd rather have more games than a live card. Would be $62 dollars less (with 2-3 day shipping, not overnight) and it's $62 less in merchendice. Plus, I think eb will put forth more of an effort to get it to me quicker than wal-mart would. Might be wrong in that, but still. Mainly just wondering if I am alone in this decision. Of course, by doing this, one of the 4 games will be delayed and they'll replace it with f'ing madden or some other POS like that...[/QUOTE]

Well this one was a tough one for me. I've always been the type to want a system as soon as it's released but I'm not the type to camp out at B&Ms so pre-order was the best option for me.

I'd been holding out on pre-ordering from Gamestop for a better bargain and I went with Wal-Mart last night. For me, being in NY, I'm going to pay tax either way so I went with the cheaper premium Wal-Mart bundle. Also, there is something to be said for choosing your own games. Personally, I think I would have opted for Live Gold anyway which will retail for $69.99.

Common sense tip: unless you want all the games and accessories offered in the mega bundles, and you're going to have to pay taxes, your best bet is to go with the cheapest bundle you can find from reputable online store. The sales tax that you save by doing this will probably be enough to finance a "free" upgrade to overnight shipping or just money in your pocket as opposed to your state.

Ebay is going to be flooded with 360's... I think a lot of people are going to end up losing money (or end up with a bunch of games and accessories they end up having to sell at a loss)thinking they can sell these things for an incredible profit. I predict you will NOT SEE ANY Premium bundles (with no games, extra accessories, etc) going for more than $500+shipping. Well, maybe one or two will slip in there being purchased by complete morons or overseas buyers, but there is no way it will be the "norm."
A max of ~$50-60 profit is not worth the hassle and downside risk. MS is going to keep the pipeline filled - I just don't think there will be a PS2-like shortage (which we all know was most likely on purpose, anyway). All of the parents of the whiny kids will just buy a core bundle which no "gamer" would ever consider buying unless they were really, really straped for cash so there should be plenty of those to go around.

Just my opinion...

[quote name='shadowknight']Ebay is going to be flooded with 360's... I think a lot of people are going to end up losing money (or end up with a bunch of games and accessories they end up having to sell at a loss)thinking they can sell these things for an incredible profit. I predict you will NOT SEE ANY Premium bundles (with no games, extra accessories, etc) going for more than $500+shipping. Well, maybe one or two will slip in there being purchased by complete morons or overseas buyers, but there is no way it will be the "norm."
A max of ~$50-60 profit is not worth the hassle and downside risk. MS is going to keep the pipeline filled - I just don't think there will be a PS2-like shortage (which we all know was most likely on purpose, anyway). All of the parents of the whiny kids will just buy a core bundle which no "gamer" would ever consider buying unless they were really, really straped for cash so there should be plenty of those to go around.

Just my opinion...[/QUOTE]

I totally agree on your Ebay observation. I think the model to look at here is the DS. The "pipeline" was relatively full. Only when there was a shortage (of say, a few days between shipments) did prices spike up on Ebay during the holidays. I think it's a VERY risky proposition to attempt to sell at a profit because predicting the inevitable, but brief, shortages will be next to impossibe.

Going with a mega-bundle to secure a system early and selling the unwanted crap to recoup will also probably come at a loss after Ebay and Paypal fees. As I think most of us know, accessories are NEVERin short supply.

Sure, there is a good chance that premium systems will be on the shelves after launch, but I'm paying $16 worth of insurance (shipping cost) just in case.

Would have jumped on Walmart's Bundle as it was reasonable and let you pick 2 games, but premium bundles are sold out and Im not getting stuck with a core.

I already have $50 down at a local Ebgames which is supposed to be for the first shipment, but I dont trust them, they still dont have sperate Skus for Core and Premium bundles.

I think I'll buy a brand new Xbox (0?) at a CAG price this winter!
I just too much of a fucking CAG'er to plunk more than $200 for a console.

Never have had a problem picking up a system launch day, (PS2(2), XBOX(2), Cube(2), DS(3), PSP(2)). Don't think 360 will be a problem either. Even more sure games will not be a problem and Best Buy (I know, they suck) always has deals on launch day if you buy more than one game. Usually it is only something like buy 3 save $15-$20, buy hey, it is better than the bundle "deals" elsewhere.

Just to note, I bought the extra launch systems listed above for friends and/or family, not to try and sell on ebay like some.

yeah I plan on hitting Best Buy early, unless launch is on Black Friday..But it's nice to have a backup plan at ebgames

The Walmart site says that the Pro bundle is in stock, but once I've added it to the shopping cart, I get a this configuration is not available error. Anybody else run across this?

Amazon.com just started taking pre-orders for the Xbox 360. Just pre-ordered mine! And I got an estimated ship date for this item: November 7, 2005!!!!!!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...431164-1747951?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

Product Description
The fully-loaded Xbox 360 System delivers the most powerful console, the best games, the next generation of Xbox Live and unique digital entertainment experiences that all revolve around you. The full system includes the Xbox 360 console, wireless controller, component HDAV cable, composite AV cable, hard drive, ethernet cable, headset, Xbox Live Silver, Xbox Live Gold 30-day trial, and premium chrome details.

Product Description
Microsoft (X-Box) (B4J-00001) Xbox 360 Platinum System

[quote name='KCgamester']Amazon.com just started taking pre-orders for the Xbox 360. Just pre-ordered mine! And I got an estimated ship date for this item: November 7, 2005!!!!!!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000B43OY4/qid=1126148209/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-6431164-1747951?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

Product Description
The fully-loaded Xbox 360 System delivers the most powerful console, the best games, the next generation of Xbox Live and unique digital entertainment experiences that all revolve around you. The full system includes the Xbox 360 console, wireless controller, component HDAV cable, composite AV cable, hard drive, ethernet cable, headset, Xbox Live Silver, Xbox Live Gold 30-day trial, and premium chrome details.

Product Description
Microsoft (X-Box) (B4J-00001) Xbox 360 Platinum System[/QUOTE]

I take it you won't be charged until they ship the system?

[quote name='007bond']I take it you won't be charged until they ship the system?[/QUOTE]

That's right, you will not be billed until it ships. I've been shopping with Amazon.com for years, so I'm speaking from experience.

I've been following CAG (unfortunately not an avid poster, since work/class kills my deal-finding time) since right before the big $4.99 CC sale, and I'd have to say this is the most excitement I've had here since that event.

A big thanks to KCgamester... I finally got one thanks to you.

[quote name='KCgamester']Amazon.com just started taking pre-orders for the Xbox 360. Just pre-ordered mine! And I got an estimated ship date for this item: November 7, 2005!!!!!!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...431164-1747951?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

Product Description

Product Description
Microsoft (X-Box) (B4J-00001) Xbox 360 Platinum System[/QUOTE]

FREAKIN' SWEET! Thank you, now I can preorder what I want w/ my system

Just pre-ordered as well from Amazon. Thanks KC for finding this before Amazon sends the e-mail to people telling them they are available for Pre-Order. I figure that I can cancel up until ship date if I so happen to win one on everytenminutes.com :) One can only hope!

[quote name='wildnuts02']Personally, I think I would have opted for Live Gold anyway which will retail for $69.99.
[/QUOTE]

For the record, the live card included in the Wal-Mart pack is the $50, not the $70 "value pack." And as a side note for the amazon pre-order, it falsely lists 2 av cables "component HDAV cable, composite AV cable" which is guess is their way of describing the one that does come with it, but makes no mention of the media remote. This scares me a little. Since the media remote is first wave only, does this mean their's is not from the initial release. Might just be an oversight on their part, but something to think about.

bread's done
Back