XBOX 360 Red Ring of Death FAQ: Soon to be known as the Red Dot of Death! :P

Well, my Elite is on it's way back to MS. Well, actually, it is spending the weekend in the UPS store since they don't pick up UPS Ground on Saturday. The girl there knew right away it was a 360 even though I didn't have a coffin (used an Amazon box actually). She just knew the Mesquite, TX address meant a broken 360 - so sad, really. And I live in a pretty small town where I wouldn't expect them to see too many. She did say that she sees fewer these days than previously, so I guess that's good. Though I imagine a lot of people at this point probably give up and buy new ones if they are going through multiple original units. Hopefully since mine is an Elite I'll get a newer model in return like dipset121. It would be hard to get one much older than my 2007-03-14 manufacture date. I think I got the very first Elite they rolled off the assembly lines :roll:.

RROD last night on my 2nd system. It was manufactured in june 2006 but the original was manufactured in november 2005. So I think this means I'm not under warranty. Guess I call India now, bitch at them for a half hour about how you don't replace a broken faulty system with another faulty system just waiting to break, and then hopefully I can talk them into taking it. I've heard some people have gotten this to work.

[quote name='io']Well, my Elite is on it's way back to MS. Well, actually, it is spending the weekend in the UPS store since they don't pick up UPS Ground on Saturday. The girl there knew right away it was a 360 even though I didn't have a coffin (used an Amazon box actually). She just knew the Mesquite, TX address meant a broken 360 - so sad, really. [/quote]

When the UPS guy dropped mine off at my door, he goes "You got the Red Rings too?" The box didn't have anything that said it was from Microsoft, just the Mesquite, TX address. I guess they're used to this sort of thing by now.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']RROD last night on my 2nd system. It was manufactured in june 2006 but the original was manufactured in november 2005. So I think this means I'm not under warranty. Guess I call India now, bitch at them for a half hour about how you don't replace a broken faulty system with another faulty system just waiting to break, and then hopefully I can talk them into taking it. I've heard some people have gotten this to work.[/quote]

Well I went online and they said the repair cost would be $0.00. If they try and charge me I'll make them send it back to me and try and solder the damn thing myself. I think I may have fallen through the cracks because they sent me a new unit last time. Good thing I kept my coffin ;)

[quote name='Sockey']I finally got the console registered online and it says that it will cost me $99.99 to fix it. Right now I'm thinking I might just open it up and try to follow a tutorial for fixing it .[/QUOTE]

I took my Xbox apart last night and followed an X-clamp replacement tutorial. It seems to be working fine now. Hopefully it stays that way.

[quote name='Sockey']I finally got the console registered online and it says that it will cost me $99.99 to fix it. Right now I'm thinking I might just open it up and try to follow a tutorial for fixing it .[/quote]

That's what I did, there are some great tutorials on youtube, I can give you the links if you want them, just PM me. I had the RROD and Fixed it by following some tutorials and it's working great now, I had nothing to lose because my warranty was voided (I took my 360 apart a few months back to fix a Disc Read Error) so I was actually surprised that the fix works, saved me $100 and the hassle of having Moneysoft, I mean Microsoft "fix" it themselves :bouncy:

I have a question about recovering your Gamertag. If I get a different 360, either by getting back a refurb from repairs or just buying a new one, what happens to the secondary IDs? Mine is the only ID on my 360 with a Live account, but my wife and kids have their own offline sign-in IDs as well. I'm thinking mostly of my son- is there any way to recover his gamerscore, or is he stuck being reset to 0? I know without the original hard drive, game saves are gone, but I'd hate to see him lose all his achievements as well.

It looks like I'm going to need to send mine in (My problem is not RRoD or E79, so I assume I'll have to pay) but with all the horror stories here I'm wondering if it wouldn't be much less hassle to just go buy a new 360.

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='io']Well, my Elite is on it's way back to MS. Well, actually, it is spending the weekend in the UPS store since they don't pick up UPS Ground on Saturday. The girl there knew right away it was a 360 even though I didn't have a coffin (used an Amazon box actually). She just knew the Mesquite, TX address meant a broken 360 - so sad, really. And I live in a pretty small town where I wouldn't expect them to see too many. She did say that she sees fewer these days than previously, so I guess that's good. Though I imagine a lot of people at this point probably give up and buy new ones if they are going through multiple original units. Hopefully since mine is an Elite I'll get a newer model in return like dipset121. It would be hard to get one much older than my 2007-03-14 manufacture date. I think I got the very first Elite they rolled off the assembly lines :roll:.[/QUOTE]

The guy at my UPS store said he still gets an average of about 5 per day.

Good job,MS. I swear, if my shit doesn't work after signing back into XBL,I'll be pissed.

[quote name='Danimal']I have a question about recovering your Gamertag. If I get a different 360, either by getting back a refurb from repairs or just buying a new one, what happens to the secondary IDs? Mine is the only ID on my 360 with a Live account, but my wife and kids have their own offline sign-in IDs as well. I'm thinking mostly of my son- is there any way to recover his gamerscore, or is he stuck being reset to 0? I know without the original hard drive, game saves are gone, but I'd hate to see him lose all his achievements as well.

It looks like I'm going to need to send mine in (My problem is not RRoD or E79, so I assume I'll have to pay) but with all the horror stories here I'm wondering if it wouldn't be much less hassle to just go buy a new 360.

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

I'd assume there's no way to get them back. But you should be able to copy them to a memory card first (I think?)

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'd assume there's no way to get them back. But you should be able to copy them to a memory card first (I think?)[/QUOTE] I'm not sure I can do that, though, because right now anything I try to do with my 360, I'm doing blind. My 360 is powering up fine, no red rings, but I'm getting no picture on my TV. Just a black screen and a "Mode not supported" message. After lots of searching online message boards, I seem to be having a problem that lots of people who had their 360s hooked up to Samsung LCD sets had right after MS launched the NXE. It seems like somehow either resolution settings got switched, or graphics cards got fried. Why mine has worked fine for 5 months with the NXE and suddenly doesn't now, I have no idea.

[quote name='Danimal']I'm not sure I can do that, though, because right now anything I try to do with my 360, I'm doing blind. My 360 is powering up fine, no red rings, but I'm getting no picture on my TV. Just a black screen and a "Mode not supported" message. After lots of searching online message boards, I seem to be having a problem that lots of people who had their 360s hooked up to Samsung LCD sets had right after MS launched the NXE. It seems like somehow either resolution settings got switched, or graphics cards got fried. Why mine has worked fine for 5 months with the NXE and suddenly doesn't now, I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Oh crud...and I just bought a Samsung TV (would have bought Sony, but Samsung was the only company with a 40" LCD with LED backlighting). So far my 360 is fine though...although actually it wouldn't boot with the Microsoft HDMI cable. Gave red lights usually. I'm having to swap back and fourth with my Playstation's HDMI cable until I order a new one. Sooooo....not sure what that means, or if its a related problem.

You've probably already explained this 12 times, but are you able to hook up through composite or component? (Or VGA or something for that matter if you have the cable?) Yeah, without being able to see it, it's probably basically impossible to get anything copied off of it :(

I think normally they don't have you return the hard drive though? Oh, there's a thought, have you tried booting it without the drive? I've heard of a case where for some reason it wouldn't boot with it (though 99% of the time the hard drive is just fine).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oh crud...and I just bought a Samsung TV (would have bought Sony, but Samsung was the only company with a 40" LCD with LED backlighting). So far my 360 is fine though...although actually it wouldn't boot with the Microsoft HDMI cable. Gave red lights usually. I'm having to swap back and fourth with my Playstation's HDMI cable until I order a new one. Sooooo....not sure what that means, or if its a related problem.

You've probably already explained this 12 times, but are you able to hook up through composite or component? (Or VGA or something for that matter if you have the cable?) Yeah, without being able to see it, it's probably basically impossible to get anything copied off of it :(

I think normally they don't have you return the hard drive though? Oh, there's a thought, have you tried booting it without the drive? I've heard of a case where for some reason it wouldn't boot with it (though 99% of the time the hard drive is just fine).[/QUOTE]I tried component cable when I tried taking the 360 to my brother's house (both my TVs are Samsung LCDs, both gave me the "Mode not supported" message, and he has an LG. Unfortunately, I got the same results on his TV, with both the HDMI and component)

If you're interested, here's a link to a 2 page thread that talks about the issues the Samsungs (and some Sony TVs as well I guess) have had. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=160670 On the second page, there's a link to a similar thread (7 pages) on the xbox.com forums. Seems like most of these people were having this issue back in November, immediately after NXE launched. Not sure what that means in my case.

Well, whenever I get around to calling customer support (I keep finding reasons to put it off, not in the mood to have a giant stress headache) I'll ask them about sending it in without the hard drive. I suppose if I could do that, that would solve the lost gamerscore and game saves problem.

Thanks! I'll check out those links. I'm not sure what the heck to make of what happened. Hope it doesn't happen again.

It seems like they actually want you to keep the hard drive, but I may be remembering wrong. If so, at least that problem's solved.

I hate dealing with customer service people too. I put stuff off forever if I can :lol:

I just checked my repair status and it said warranty expired! When I requested a repair it said $0.00 to repair it. Are they going to try to charge me? If they do try and charge me will they send it back to me for free or are they going to try and charge me for that too!?

I can't believe I just fell into this trap. I'm not giving microsoft money to repair it!!! I'll tell them to shove it up their ass.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I just checked my repair status and it said warranty expired! When I requested a repair it said $0.00 to repair it. Are they going to try to charge me? If they do try and charge me will they send it back to me for free or are they going to try and charge me for that too!?

I can't believe I just fell into this trap. I'm not giving microsoft money to repair it!!! I'll tell them to shove it up their ass.[/QUOTE]

Mine says that too (since it is just over 2 years old). But I verified on the phone that it is still under RRoD warranty so I won't be paying for it. So in any case, the "warranty expired" message is for the 1 year warranty so it isn't too useful. I don't know how they handle multiple repairs if you've original console was purchased 3+ years ago. The guy at Gamecrazy told me that when I get my new/refurb back I should come in and get my warranty there (since I got an extended one) reset with the new serial number. Supposedly they will cover me in the fourth year - we'll see ;).

[quote name='Wolfpup']
It seems like they actually want you to keep the hard drive, but I may be remembering wrong. If so, at least that problem's solved.[/QUOTE]

You are not supposed to send in the hard drive or even the faceplate for that matter (if you have a non-standard one).

Well, you are the second person this week in this thread with a new one. If my launch Elite doesn't come back with that new car smell I'll be pretty pissed - I paid big bucks for that PoS.

Are you sure it's new? I just heard on the player one podcast from Greg Stewart that his console had the manufactured date replaced with the service date!!! This probably screws up your chances of being covered in the future.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Are you sure it's new? I just heard on the player one podcast from Greg Stewart that his console had the manufactured date replaced with the service date!!! This probably screws up your chances of being covered in the future.[/QUOTE]

Interesting....I'll need to check the voltage when I get home to see if it's a Jasper. I do know that it's NOT the unit I sent in, however.

I've heard that too that the dates and serial number you get back may not be what it originally was. I've even heard that was the case for some NEW units back in 2007.

The last 5 digits of my serial number was the month and year, I doubt it was a 1 in 10000 coincidence. I'd be curious to know if the date matched the serial number, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything cause they could change the serial date too.

[quote name='io']You are not supposed to send in the hard drive or even the faceplate for that matter (if you have a non-standard one).[/QUOTE]Well, I'm glad to hear that; that would take care of my concern about losing game saves and all my son's achievements, etc. I still haven't called customer service yet. (tomorrow morning for sure, it's killing me to have my 360 sitting here unable to be played) Will they specifically tell me to remove the hard drive before I send it in?

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Are you sure it's new? I just heard on the player one podcast from Greg Stewart that his console had the manufactured date replaced with the service date!!! This probably screws up your chances of being covered in the future.[/quote]

I just checked my elite, and sure enough, that's exactly what they did with mine. Instead of printing the manufacture date, it has the Service Date. I assume that since it is linked to my Windows Live ID, there won't be an issue with being covered, but that's unsettling.

Did you check the power connector on the system (NOT on the power supply)? As far as I know, that's the only 100% reliable way to tell the major revisions apart.

[quote name='Danimal']Well, I'm glad to hear that; that would take care of my concern about losing game saves and all my son's achievements, etc. I still haven't called customer service yet. (tomorrow morning for sure, it's killing me to have my 360 sitting here unable to be played) Will they specifically tell me to remove the hard drive before I send it in?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the instructions on packaging tell you that. I think there's also a video they link to showing it ;).

Reality's Fringe;5826486]Yeah said:
[quote name='Wolfpup']Did you check the power connector on the system (NOT on the power supply)? As far as I know, that's the only 100% reliable way to tell the major revisions apart.

Can someone 'spain this to me? I know the newer ones have the smaller chips which means less power, but how do you check that?

Darn, I wish I had a link. I think Anandtech had the best explanation (with pictures).

Basically you just look at the place you plug in the power supply-look on the system itself, and you can tell which is which. The labels may not be right, and the power supply doesn't mean anything either because the older power supplies can be used with newer units (and frequently get packed in with newer units).

Basically its just keyed a certain way so that you can't plug a new power supply into an old unit, but you can plug an old power supply into a new unit. It's really obvious if you can see it, but I don't have the link :(

And Io, where' Obi Wan! I miss him! :)

So if anyone is wondering there is absolutely no reason to email customer support. I contacted them twice because I forgot the service number in one of the emails. Of course the email with more information got me a less helpful email back.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Hi,

I filed a request for repair of my xbox yesterday, and it said that the repair would be $0.00. Today I checked the repair status and it said that the warranty on the console is expired. The warranty for 3 red rings was extended to 3 years and the console was manufactured less than 3 years ago on June, 14th 2006. Can you please confirm that I am covered under warranty and not going to be charged for this service request. Thank you, -Wyatt[/quote]

and here are the two replies I got. enjoy.

[quote name='ESL1']Hello Wyatt,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Venus and I will be helping you today with this issue.

As I understand, your Xbox 360 console is flashing three red lights on the Ring of Light. Additionally, you might see that the upper-right quadrant light is the only light that does not flash red. The three flashing red lights may indicate that your Xbox 360 console has experienced a hardware failure.

I know how disappointing it is when you experience this issue. Please be assured that I will do my best to help you resolve the issue.

Wyatt, here are some things that you can try to resolve the issue or to determine what the cause is. .

If you suspect that you are experiencing this issue, you can submit a console-repair request online. However, before you submit your request, we ask that you first try the following two steps to verify that you are indeed experiencing this issue:

1. When you turn on the console, examine the light on the power supply. The power supply light should illuminate green even if the three lights on the Ring of Light flash red. If the power supply light is not green, please troubleshoot the issue using the following links:
Power supply light is ORANGE , http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906102
Power supply light is RED , http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906101
Power supply light is NOT ILLUMINATED http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906103

2. Turn off the console. Wait 10 seconds, and then again turn on the console to see whether the symptom occurs again.

If your console continues to display the three flashing red lights, your console may have to be repaired. For information about how to start the repair process online, please visit one of the following Web Page links:

United States customers - Online console repair
Outside the United States - Online console repair

Note: Online console repair service is currently not available in all countries and regions.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number 1101124098 so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Best Regards,

Venus[/quote]

[quote name='ESL2']

Hello Wyatt,

This is Eljay, with Xbox Customer Support services!

As I understand it, you filed a repair request for your Xbox 360 due to three red lights error. You have mentioned that at first your console is still eligible for free service, but when you tried checking the status of the repair it is said that the warranty has been expired.

We just want to write a quick note to apologize for the above. We realize that this issue has caused you an inconvenience. I look forward to providing you with the necessary assistance.

If you feel the warranty status of your console displayed online is incorrect, you can call us to dispute the warranty status. You may be required to provide the original purchase receipt of the product to verify purchase date. Please understand that we may require personal information for verification which cannot be divulged over email. When you call, immediate action will be given to your inquiries or request.

Thank you for understanding and for providing us with the opportunity to be of service to you.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) so we can expedite our service to you.

For US and Canada customers, you may call Xbox Customer Service at 1-800-469-9269 at your earliest convenience and we'll be happy to help you. We are open everyday from 6am to 10pm US Pacific Time.

For international customers, please contact Xbox Customer Service in your local region. (To find the correct Customer Service number for your region first use this link http://www.xbox.com/en-US/ChangeLocale.htm to select the appropriate country and then use the contact number found under the support menu). You may also choose to call international assistance (direct dial to the US ) by dialing 425-635-7180.

To expedite service, please provide Service Request Number ##### when you call.

Thank you for visiting xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Kind Regards,

Eljay[/quote]

Looking good India, just keep smiling and nodding, and you'll destroy are country in no time. Then we'll be doing their customer service! :applause:

What version of 360? (Original? Falcon? Jasper?)

I'm always hoping I don't start hearing about dead Falcons or Jaspers :lol:

Dont you mean E74? not E79? cause E74 is covered >.> id know because mine amazingly happen to me 4 days after they started to cover it. XD

[quote name='Wolfpup']Darn, I wish I had a link. I think Anandtech had the best explanation (with pictures).

Basically you just look at the place you plug in the power supply-look on the system itself, and you can tell which is which. The labels may not be right, and the power supply doesn't mean anything either because the older power supplies can be used with newer units (and frequently get packed in with newer units).

Basically its just keyed a certain way so that you can't plug a new power supply into an old unit, but you can plug an old power supply into a new unit. It's really obvious if you can see it, but I don't have the link :(

And Io, where' Obi Wan! I miss him! :)[/quote]

This Anandtech article shows you how to tell which model you have by the power rating on the back. I checked mine and I have a fucking Zephyr even though the box I was sent back says Falcon Pro. I checked the plug on my unit and it is definitely a Falcon.
http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2

EDIT: Here is the article with the plug pictures as well:

http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfpup']Nice! And glad you got back a Falcon! :)

But...you had a Falcon die? :( What happened?[/quote]

I bought my first 360 (Falcon Pro) last April and the DVD drive stopped working in March. I sent it in, received the replacement, and it red-ringed the next day. So I recently got my 2nd replacement in mid-April which as it turns out is another Falcon Pro.

Whoa...I wonder if they bothered testing that first one they sent you. It's like someone probably sent it in for the RRoD, and they just shipped it back out or something...

Seriously? As in you can't hear it? I have a supposedly quiet Falcon, and it's still crazy loud. Its better with the optical drive spun down, but still a lot louder than my Playstation.

[quote name='DrFoo']I got my 360 back a couple of days ago and the new one is dead silent. I like it.[/quote]

Can you check the plug on the back and see which model you got back?

so is there any chance of an upgrade? I had a pretty early zephyr. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would be really nice to get a falcon or hdmi.

EDIT: This article maybe answers my question and should be considered for the first post faq
http://xbox.joystiq.com/2008/06/18/opus-model-360s-begining-to-flow/

basically they're installing 65mm ships on the old zephyr motherboards with no hdmi. this has maybe been covered in the previous 100 or so pages but should be in the faq probably. If they send one of these to you it'll say opus on the packing slip and it might come with a new power supply I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Can you check the plug on the back and see which model you got back?[/QUOTE]

Well it's still the same console as before (same serial number) so I'm guessing they just threw in a new fan or something. Its manufacturing date is 9/11/06 so I think it was just an original model.

[quote name='DrFoo']Well it's still the same console as before (same serial number) so I'm guessing they just threw in a new fan or something. Its manufacturing date is 9/11/06 so I think it was just an original model.[/quote]

Well they either reuse your original case or they put a new serial number sticker on the back when they send out a refurb. Both refurbs I received have my original serial number but the guts inside the machine have definintely been swapped (games installed to my hard drive will not play since it detects that I have a new console).

I was just curious what model you got back since you said it was silent. There is also a sticker on the box that says which model they sent back.

On another topic, is the support section of xbox.com completely broken for everyone else or is it just me? I can't view my registered consoles, check repair status or anything on the site.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']On another topic, is the support section of xbox.com completely broken for everyone else or is it just me? I can't view my registered consoles, check repair status or anything on the site.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that when using any other browser besides IE you run into problems. Not surprised since it is a MS site.

[quote name='Santorum X']I've noticed that when using any other browser besides IE you run into problems. Not surprised since it is a MS site.[/quote]

I'm using IE 7 so not sure what the deal is.

Fantastic - the web site says "Zip / Postal Code does not match Service Request Number." when I enter my repair number and zip.

It worked yesterday and the package is still in transit, but that is giving me phenomenal confidence in the whole process. Anyone else getting this error now too? Maybe their DB is just down or messed up right now. (Edit - I see the posts above mine are talking about problems with the site, though way earlier today - maybe it is still screwed up now though).

To top it off, the tracking number I got for the Wii I just mailed in today shows it was delivered on January 8th, 2008! Yeah, they seem to have given me a tracking number already used by someone else. This crap is just amazing...

I have a question, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before(I did some searching but found nothing), but how do I get my old profile from my RRoD'd system to auto sign-in on my new Jasper model? I've recovered my GT and transferred the licenses to the new 360, but it won't sign-in automatically, online or off, like it did on my original system. I even moved the profile onto the internal memory unit of the new system and it still didn't work. Is it something I neglected to do?

[quote name='BlueSwim']I have a question, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before(I did some searching but found nothing), but how do I get my old profile from my RRoD'd system to auto sign-in on my new Jasper model? I've recovered my GT and transferred the licenses to the new 360, but it won't sign-in automatically, online or off, like it did on my original system. I even moved the profile onto the internal memory unit of the new system and it still didn't work. Is it something I neglected to do?[/quote]I'm having this issue as well, any help would be much appreciated :)

[quote name='io']Fantastic - the web site says "Zip / Postal Code does not match Service Request Number." when I enter my repair number and zip.

It worked yesterday and the package is still in transit, but that is giving me phenomenal confidence in the whole process. Anyone else getting this error now too? Maybe their DB is just down or messed up right now. (Edit - I see the posts above mine are talking about problems with the site, though way earlier today - maybe it is still screwed up now though).

To top it off, the tracking number I got for the Wii I just mailed in today shows it was delivered on January 8th, 2008! Yeah, they seem to have given me a tracking number already used by someone else. This crap is just amazing...[/quote]

For the zip error, try adding the extra 4 digit extension to your zip code (eg: 12345-6789).

As far as xbox.com, after I log in and go to any of the support links, this is what I get:

xbox_error.jpg

The site has been like this for me for weeks. If I attempt to click on the "Register a new console" button, that area just grays out and won't do anything.

[quote name='maigoyume']I'm having this issue as well, any help would be much appreciated :)[/quote]

I think you just need to hit the guide button to open the mini-guide, scroll all the way to the right, open the profile (?) option, and choose to auto sign in.

[quote name='dipset121']So now that my xbox 360 is fixed and my status online is shipped. UPS status still says "billing information received" god I hope they pick it up soon. Haven't had my xbox since 4/13/09.[/quote]

So I got my xbox back on the 4/21/09 and to my surprise it was not my original xbox 360 but a brand new xbox 360 manufactored date of 4/19/09 AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you microsoft. I also pulled off the faceplate to confirm it was new as well.

[quote name='dipset121']So I got my xbox back on the 4/21/09 and to my surprise it was not my original xbox 360 but a brand new xbox 360 manufactored date of 4/19/09 AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you microsoft. I also pulled off the faceplate to confirm it was new as well.[/quote]

What model is it? I'm guessing it's an OPUS. Also are you sure that's not a service date?

Meanwhile my console status is "repair in progress"! Man that's a load off my mind. I was worried they might try and charge me, since my warranty is listed as expired and I am outside of the 3 year window for console #1, but not console #2.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']For the zip error, try adding the extra 4 digit extension to your zip code (eg: 12345-6789).[/QUOTE]

Nah, because it worked the other day. And it is working now - they were just being flaky yesterday I guess. BTW, my 360 is now "out for delivery" in Mesquite, TX.

bread's done
Back