Xbox 360 slim - $299 -- Old Arcade $150, Elite $250 -- READ OP

poker360

Banned
shipping to retailers this week, and available to buy this week. not yet on any websites.

Hey guys, i just picked up my xbox 360 250gb S console. I have been trying it out and will give a few impressions, including how hot this thing gets. First off, the wireless adapter works great, very easy to find my network. The console itself is beautiful, loving the buttons where they are touch sensitive. I cannot hear the console when on dashboard, but i can while playing games and the disc is spinning (still not nearly as loud as old models). There is one big issue that i AM having with this however: The thing is whisper silent, but it is also Flaming Hot. Look at the picture. See the big vent on the side? That's where all the heat is at. It's not on the back like the previous console, it doesn't seem like the fan is pushing out the heat very well. This could just be me, but i had someone else touch it to verify that they indeed thought it was outrageously HOT. Let this be a warning to buyers! .. Also i do understand this may not be a problem at all. My Wii does get hot with wii connect 24 (But not as hot as the 360..). My Mac also get's rather hot (still not as hot as the 360..). I'm just throwing this out there.

Fix: Make your 360 sit horizontally. It will help the 360 ventilate better, and won't get nearly as hot!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-QITCFx9nwsTluOMMcV9Frw

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250G..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276552010&sr=1-7

360 Arcade will drop to $150
360 Elite will drop to $250
New 360 250GB "slim" is $300

img7345.jpg

250gb hdd, built in wireless n adapter

Built in transfer software, so if you want to upgrade, no worries!
includes wireless controller, headset, and composite cables

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rbarba4']That was their plan all along... Mua-ha-ha-ha!;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah which puts me back to should I just get an arcade now or wait for the new model and hope it has a HDD.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Yeah which puts me back to should I just get an arcade now or wait for the new model and hope it has a HDD.[/QUOTE]

I know what you're talking about.

My Pro died at the 3 yr mark, still under warranty. Shipped it off and got a refurb (not even the unit I sent in). In the mean time, I picked up an Elite since I wanted a larger HDD and BB was giving a $50 gc with purchase.

I want to get rid of the refurb since it probably won't last too long.

If I'm smart, I go for an existing arcade deal so that I can swap my drives back and forth if either unit goes bad. Most important of all, I WILL NOT give up my Transformer G1 Faceplate of Jazz.

But, I'm really tempted by the new slim and feel like trading in the refurb towards it. Afterall, the value of the old units are only going to keep going down in value.

EDIT: Does anyone know how low the trade value of the older units go? Not necessarily asking for an actual price but rather does the value of the older drop so much that eventually your are better off keeping the unit as a paper weight? I mean what happened when the PS2 went to slim or when the DS Phat went to Lite. Anyone... anyone...

[quote name='rbarba4']I know what you're talking about.

My Pro died at the 3 yr mark, still under warranty. Shipped it off and got a refurb (not even the unit I sent in). In the mean time, I picked up an Elite since I wanted a larger HDD and BB was giving a $50 gc with purchase.

I want to get rid of the refurb since it probably won't last too long.

If I'm smart, I go for an existing arcade deal so that I can swap my drives back and forth if either unit goes bad. Most important of all, I WILL NOT give up my Transformer G1 Faceplate of Jazz.

But, I'm really tempted by the new slim and feel like trading in the refurb towards it. Afterall, the value of the old units are only going to keep going down in value.

EDIT: Does anyone know how low the trade value of the older units go? Not necessarily asking for an actual price but rather does the value of the older drop so much that eventually your are better off keeping the unit as a paper weight? I mean what happened when the PS2 went to slim or when the DS Phat went to Lite. Anyone... anyone...[/QUOTE]

If applying to a new 360 250gb you'll get $100 trade in credit, no matter how old the 360 is as long as it works. If not applying towards the new 250gb xbox then you will get ~$85 if you trade with a wireless controller.

I fielded at least 100 calls today asking about the slim. Considering we are getting in less than a dozen, it should be a fun Friday. I can't believe the morons who said they were going to camp out starting tonight or tomorrow morning.

[quote name='coupegamer']Did anyone who bought from AMAZON get a shipping notification or "prepping for shipping" notification yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, mine just says it's estimated to ship Monday.

I ordered shortly after it went live and selected free shipping.

I ordered from Amazon est delivery date June 17 no shipping notification or prepping for shipment called 3 times and I was told I would have it by tomorrow. I don't believe it.

[quote name='coupegamer']Did anyone who bought from AMAZON get a shipping notification or "prepping for shipping" notification yet?[/QUOTE]

Still nothing. I don't think Amazon is getting them until Sat. 19th just like the product listing says.

[quote name='seanr1221']Nope, mine just says it's estimated to ship Monday.

I ordered shortly after it went live and selected free shipping.[/QUOTE]
two day estimate is the 22nd while 1-day is the 18th. From my order placed a handful of hours ago.

[quote name='shadowkast']two day estimate is the 22nd while 1-day is the 18th. From my order placed a handful of hours ago.[/QUOTE]

placed mine as soon as it went up on amazon and estimated delivery is tomorrow, yet it still has not been shipped still "not yet shipped"

i've called amazon 3 times as well and they all said i'd have it tomorrow. thinking about calling again because its 8 00 pm and it still hasn't shipped.

Ya called Amazon they said even though my order said 17th,it was wrong and it was "stuck", that they didn't have any stock and wont have it until 22nd/23rd.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Am I the only one confused how on a site named CHEAPassgamer, so many people are clamoring to buy something at full retail value?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I don't get it either, especially since this is the same company that shit all over their customers for years and ONLY after losing a few lawsuits finally decided to extend the warranty. Wish I could sucker people into giving me money so easily, too.

[quote name='flagg1216']I fielded at least 100 calls today asking about the slim. Considering we are getting in less than a dozen, it should be a fun Friday. I can't believe the morons who said they were going to camp out starting tonight or tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can imagine what that's going to be like.

I went in to a couple a stores to talk with the guys I know and they were telling me that they should definitely have them on Monday. I asked about Thursday or Friday and they said that their manager wouldn't confirm it.

They figured that they're being told to inform people about Monday so as to not disappoint/piss-off too many people. Of course, their manager didn't mention the console trade promo. They only knew about the accessories TIV boost.

They were happy I told them about the console trade boost. Remember, most of these guys are cool. They don't like sounding like idiots any more than most people do;).

[quote name='poker360']placed mine as soon as it went up on amazon and estimated delivery is tomorrow, yet it still has not been shipped still "not yet shipped"

i've called amazon 3 times as well and they all said i'd have it tomorrow. thinking about calling again because its 8 00 pm and it still hasn't shipped.[/QUOTE]

I've had stuff not ship until around midnight, yet it still made it the next day.

Amazon can work the magic.

i called amazon again, they talked to their supervisor, and confirmed that i will get it tomorrow and they understand it is different than normal as far as shipping status.

I placed my order on bestbuy.com. They have the release date down as the 21st and my delivery date as the 23rd. Spoke to someone at the store I was at before ordering online (have lots of bb gift cards) and they were told to expect it in stores in a week or two as it won't get to their warehouse until this weekend for distribution.

[quote name='poker360']i called amazon again, they talked to their supervisor, and confirmed that i will get it tomorrow and they understand it is different than normal as far as shipping status.[/QUOTE]

Weird. So if I change it to one day shipping now will I get it Friday/Saturday? :lol:

Will you guys quit bitching about shipping until tomorrow passes and you haven't received it? When Amazon says you'll have it a certain day they mean it. I've had Amazon courier me f'ing Pop-tarts same-day on a Saturday because that's what my ETA said and typically when they're using a courier service the tracking info is basically lacking so that's why you're not getting updates like you're expecting.

They're not shipping from Amazon today. If they were, they'd be in "shipping soon" status. I'm in the same boat. They'll likely ship Friday, or more likely over the weekend/Monday. This kind of stuff happens a lot on products that get throw up on Amazon quickly. I've had it happen many times.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Will you guys quit bitching about shipping until tomorrow passes and you haven't received it? When Amazon says you'll have it a certain day they mean it. I've had Amazon courier me f'ing Pop-tarts same-day on a Saturday because that's what my ETA said and typically when they're using a courier service the tracking info is basically lacking so that's why you're not getting updates like you're expecting.[/QUOTE]

no, i'll bitch until i get it tomorrow, and if i don't get it tomorrow, i'll bitch more.

If I am spending 300 bucks for something, I want to be on the lookout for when it arrives so it doesn't sit in front of my apartment door. So if I am expecting it tomorrow and it says it hasn't shipped yet or even been prepped for shipping...i think that deserves some concern. We aren't all as rich as you grap3fruitman.

So it looks like any NEW orders for this via Amazon wont be shipped until June 19th.

Hmm, i'll place an order now anyway, see what happens. I can wait. :)

u guys should boycott amazon if the system doesnt show up tmw, u wont have to deal with such a horrid company anymore that has been no good to the cag community

[quote name='coupegamer']If I am spending 300 bucks for something, I want to be on the lookout for when it arrives so it doesn't sit in front of my apartment door. So if I am expecting it tomorrow and it says it hasn't shipped yet or even been prepped for shipping...i think that deserves some concern. We aren't all as rich as you grap3fruitman.[/QUOTE]
What the hell are you talking about? What do my finances have to do with anything? You're ordering another $300 console, I'm not. I'm merely stating my experience with Amazon's last minute shipping via courier services so you can all STFU and stop harassing the poor Amazon Customer Service reps 3+ times a day after they've told you the same thing every time.

My experience with Amazon couriering stuff: shipping info on site is updated minimally and usually after product ships, tracking during is also very minimal, a couriered shipment will likely require a signature. I had to sign for f'ing Pop-tarts but not for my Matrix Blu-rays so your experience may vary. A big package like this however will almost certainly require a signature.

Stop being an idiot (at least try) and shut up.

[quote name='poker360']placed mine as soon as it went up on amazon and estimated delivery is tomorrow, yet it still has not been shipped still "not yet shipped"

i've called amazon 3 times as well and they all said i'd have it tomorrow. thinking about calling again because its 8 00 pm and it still hasn't shipped.[/QUOTE]
maybe your getting hand delivered white glove treatment

Hey Grap3fruit man. I actually do not even own an Xbox so I don't know what ur talking about when you say I'm "ordering another 300 dollar console." Also I havent contacted Amazon once. That's why I was asking people here on the site about their shipping status. U really should not make assumptions about people when you don't know the facts. It makes you sound like an ignoramus :D

[quote name='poker360']no, i'll bitch until i get it tomorrow, and if i don't get it tomorrow, i'll bitch more.[/QUOTE]

You mind taking your bitch session to a social board or somewhere out of the DEALS section please? I came in here looking for info and couldn't find it past all this fucking nonsense. I found more helpful information on GameFAQs for fucks sake! That's not good.

[quote name='coupegamer']Hey Grap3fruit man. I actually do not even own an Xbox so I don't know what ur talking about when you say I'm "ordering another 300 dollar console."[/QUOTE]
Did I state that you were ordering another another Xbox? Or another expensive console since, I'm assuming here, you have video game consoles because you browse Cheap Ass GAMER.

[quote name='coupegamer']Also I havent contacted Amazon once. That's why I was asking people here on the site about their shipping status.[/QUOTE]
Did I say you were specifically contacting Amazon? Let's see what I wrote:
[quote name='grap3fruitman']I'm merely stating my experience with Amazon's last minute shipping via courier services so you can all STFU and stop harassing the poor Amazon Customer Service reps 3+ times a day after they've told you the same thing every time.[/quote]

[quote name='coupegamer']U really should not make assumptions about people when you don't know the facts.[/QUOTE]
I'm making assumptions? What was it you said about me?
[quote name='coupegamer']We aren't all as rich as you grap3fruitman.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='coupegamer']It makes you sound like an ignoramus :D[/QUOTE]
You should learn to read, you look like a fucking idiot when you can't.

:D

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']You mind taking your bitch session to a social board or somewhere out of the DEALS section please? I came in here looking for info and couldn't find it past all this fucking nonsense. I found more helpful information on GameFAQs for fucks sake! That's not good.[/QUOTE]

ok, cool story bro. lmao

Ok, i finally contacted a "SUPERVISOR" @ amazon. Here is the status:

THEY DID NOT GET ANY SHIPMENT IN OF THE CONSOLE FROM MICROSOFT AS PROMISED, ANYONE WITH A RELEASE DATE PROMISE OF THE 17TH WILL NOT GET IT THEN. APPARENTLY THEY WILL GET THEM NOW ON THE 19TH! I asked for saturday delivery and they said ok. I was extremely raged and the lying from amazon. And before you start complaining because amazon screwed up for once, they got me to pre order at their website, i could have ordered at gamestop where i would be receiving it tomorrow!

pretty fail if you ask me.

LOL. How long did that take you grap3fruitman? Get a life... :D Hey poker 360 Thanks for the update man. That's all I wanted to know. You are very helpful!

[quote name='DrMunkee']I ordered mine yesterday about 6PM and it just shipped. (Gamestop)

With the free shipping, mine is expected on Friday.

Mine went from "Verifying" to "shipped"[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Totally not worth paying overnight to get it one day ahead of the people who paid nothing for shipping and will get it Friday. So glad I went free shipping! Rock on! The days of loud 360's are nearly at an end! Finally!

[quote name='hellhunde']But there's really no reason for the demand, except people being sheep. Anyone who needed wifi would've already solved their problem. The previous bundles are much cheaper and the hardware is FINALLY proven to be reliable. Paying full price for less value because its the new thing is just silly and poor economics.[/QUOTE]

Situations change. I didn't need wifi before. My layout changed and now I do. I had a launch unit that I sold to GS for 120+ (with 20gb hd, battery pack, recharger kit). Did some smart online buy-trades to get that credit up to over $200. And I have great hearing and even the Jasper-based MW2 360 I had bought from amazon was getting louder, if you can believe it. Louder every day.

I installed every game and it was still that high pitched whine of two fans running at high speed that I could not get to stop annoying me. The promise of a 360 that is BUILT to be quiet that costs LESS than the launch 360 and Jasper 360 I previously had, well that's a deal to me.

And I suspect the promise of silence is a sweet deal to a great many of gamers who can hear. ;) Now I'll feel like I'm playing my PS3 when I'm playing my 360. Hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hellhunde']But there's really no reason for the demand, except people being sheep. Anyone who needed wifi would've already solved their problem. The previous bundles are much cheaper and the hardware is FINALLY proven to be reliable. Paying full price for less value because its the new thing is just silly and poor economics.[/QUOTE]

Situations change. I didn't need wifi before. My layout changed and now I do. I had a launch unit that I sold to GS for 120+ (with 20gb hd, battery pack, recharger kit). Did some smart online buy-trades to get that credit up to over $200. And I have great hearing and even the Jasper-based MW2 360 I had bought from amazon was getting louder, if you can believe it. Louder every day.

I installed every game and it was still that high pitched whine of two fans running at high speed that I could not get to stop annoying me. The promise of a 360 that is BUILT to be quiet that costs LESS than the launch 360 and Jasper 360 I previously had, well that's a deal to me.

And I suspect the promise of silence is a sweet deal to a great many of gamers who can hear. ;) Now I'll feel like I'm playing my PS3 when I'm playing my 360. Hopefully.

I bit on amazon. I am paying a total of $309.98 and no tax. This is for over night shipping. I am still saving $12 cause amazon doesn't charge tax :D. I can wait until tuesday for my new slim console.

\\:D/ So glad I ordered from gamestop. I just sold my 250GB HD in the trade forum. So now I can transfer on friday and send the HD out first thing on Saturday. :D

I shouldn't have hesitated ordering from gamestop.com though cuz I would have it tomorrow had I ordered it yesterday like I was going to.... :bomb:

No biggie though!

I hope my June 19th ship date from Amazon stays. I need to get rid of this ethernet cable for the 360 im currently kicking around at my feet.

I don't get why some get so excited, and pissed, over something they already have and does nothing extra. Sure, if you didn't have one and waited till now, that might be one thing, but when you're only looking to "upgrade" then it seems pretty ludicrous

Yeah, I've calmed down about it. I stopped worrying about getting it in-store on Friday and have now ordered it on Amazon with one-day shipping for $3.99 via a Prime trial and am content now.

[quote name='Neo']Yeah, I've calmed down about it. I stopped worrying about getting it in-store on Friday and have now ordered it on Amazon with one-day shipping for $3.99 via a Prime trial and am content now.[/QUOTE]I really want to hear how loud the disk drive is. All the youtube videos I have found only show you how loud the fan is.

The only reason I care about upgrading is to get a quieter unit since my pro is 2 months shy of finishing its 3rd year and I have no doubt it will die sooner rather than later.

[quote name='poker360']ok, cool story bro. lmao

Ok, i finally contacted a "SUPERVISOR" @ amazon. Here is the status:

THEY DID NOT GET ANY SHIPMENT IN OF THE CONSOLE FROM MICROSOFT AS PROMISED, ANYONE WITH A RELEASE DATE PROMISE OF THE 17TH WILL NOT GET IT THEN. APPARENTLY THEY WILL GET THEM NOW ON THE 19TH! I asked for saturday delivery and they said ok. I was extremely raged and the lying from amazon. And before you start complaining because amazon screwed up for once, they got me to pre order at their website, i could have ordered at gamestop where i would be receiving it tomorrow!

pretty fail if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

It must be nice to have such an easy life that a 48 hour delay on something so necessary for human life such as xbox slim that this is something worthy of such vitriol on your part...but then again, you could just be a douche

[quote name='K_G']It must be nice to have such an easy life that a 48 hour delay on something so necessary for human life such as xbox slim that this is something worthy of such vitriol on your part...but then again, you could just be a douche[/QUOTE]

Lol.

I guess you've never wanted something as soon as it came out eh?

yeah i like being a douche regularly

I ordered my 360 slim two days ago with an estimated arrival date of the 22nd (w/ overnight shipping). At first I was content.. but then I browsed through this thread and now I'm angry and impatient.

But really.. it's essentially the same console with a new look. Why the rush?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I ordered my 360 slim two days ago with an estimated arrival date of the 22nd (w/ overnight shipping). At first I was content.. but then I browsed through this thread and now I'm angry and impatient.

But really.. it's essentially the same console with a new look. Why the rush?[/QUOTE]
Well, yes and no. Essentially it is the same console but it is supposed to be a better console and quieter with features that were not available before. It is a perfect setup for those of us that have 3+ year old consoles that have already been repaired one or more times. I do think it is kind of odd for owners to jump on this when they just bought a new console a few months ago though. I know it is easy to get caught up in the "shiny and new" syndrome but there is no reason to upgrade if you don't need to. These consoles will be here for quite some time. But, everyone has their own reasons and as long as they are happy with that reason, that is all that matters.

I haven't read this whole thread, but someone may have said this already. I swear, Microsoft must've just dropped this on the whole world, INCLUDING the companies like Amazon.com, when they first announced it at E3. I wish they would've prepared and shipped out a little earlier. I know, I'm just complaining because I'm just another person who ordered it and is waiting for Amazon to get it, to ship it. My three year old console is still running fine, but I can't wait to get this, to sell this one, before it somehow dies.

I e-mailed Amazon this morning and they told me that the 360 Slim is on back order and I won't be getting it until 6/22 or 6/23. I originally ordered my system on Monday with an estimated delivery date of 6/17. I went ahead and cancelled my order with Amazon and placed one with the Microsoft store.

When I ordered my Wii system from Gamestop, the status stated shipped, but the package actually never left the warehouse for 3 days! Printing out UPS labels, doesn't neccessarily mean it's shipped. On top of that, I had to call in a week later to get my $30 promotional credit.

bread's done
Back