Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

[quote name='pimpinc333']I am sure the update is on the Halo Reach Disc they are sending us...[/QUOTE]

Don't think thats right. I'm guessing that ppl in the disc update are getting the dash update that places the beta channel on their xbox. Therefore they get a shorter update. Ppl in the live update get the entire disc format update resulting in longer downloading times. Point being, everyone should get a dash update.

yeah I'm in the disc group, and did not get the update, I went back and checked and the console ID on the back of my 360 did not match the one that was under system INFO so I had to resubmit, said I will get the update within 48 hours

[quote name='Jbellvil64']yeah I'm in the disc group, and did not get the update, I went back and checked and the console ID on the back of my 360 did not match the one that was under system INFO so I had to resubmit, said I will get the update within 48 hours[/QUOTE]
Where did you find the info on the website?
Edit: I found out what I did wrong, I typed the serial id wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shosh']Don't think thats right. I'm guessing that ppl in the disc update are getting the dash update that places the beta channel on their xbox. Therefore they get a shorter update. Ppl in the live update get the entire disc format update resulting in longer downloading times. Point being, everyone should get a dash update.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

People with the LIVE update already got the beta firmware through a traditional dash update.
Those in the Disc group have had the Beta channel added to their Xbox, but will need to install the beta firmware from the Halo Reach disc when it arrives.

I don't see why people are so confused, unless of course they can't read, which is entirely possible.

From the Connect site (which is clearly posted if you check your own page)

Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Preview Program

• Where's the Halo Reach Discs? We are finalizing the logistics to distribute the discs now, stay tuned to Microsoft Connect for further details.
  • Preview DISC Update Audience: As a member of this audience, should ONLY have access to the Xbox Beta Channel at this time, your dashboard update will be delivered via the Halo Reach disc in the coming weeks.
  • Xbox Private Forums: Coming Soon...

[quote name='Number 905']Nope.

People with the LIVE update already got the beta firmware through a traditional dash update.
Those in the Disc group have had the Beta channel added to their Xbox, but will need to install the beta firmware from the Halo Reach disc when it arrives.[/QUOTE]
you just repeated what i just said. where's the nope?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Yeah, Cause some of us visit the awesome and easy to navigate connect site every time they update it :eyeroll:

Edit: Got yet ANOTHER update just a couple mins ago that took 15 minutes and yet I'm still in the disc group. Can't wait to see what happens when the disc comes. :/[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see as well.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I can't wait to see as well.[/QUOTE]

Well since all this update is for is a new piracy prevention disc, it won't be doing much.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Hmmm, I'm in the Live update group but haven't been prompted for an update yet. Hopefully my Halo will come soon![/QUOTE]

Maybe doublecheck your console serial number. I'm not sure if everybody received the update, but a couple people didn't because they typed in their console info wrong when they registered.

[quote name='shosh']Don't think thats right. I'm guessing that ppl in the disc update are getting the dash update that places the beta channel on their xbox. Therefore they get a shorter update. Ppl in the live update get the entire disc format update resulting in longer downloading times. Point being, everyone should get a dash update.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're wrong. On MS's website it even says the people on the Disc Update will be getting the update via the Halo Reach Disc... THIS MEANS you will NOT get the update via Xbox Live but rather the Halo Reach Disc will contain the update. Understand?

Geeez, reading comprehension is above some people these days...

praxus07 took this info straight from MS Website. So now there should be no confusion.

[quote name='praxus07']I don't see why people are so confused, unless of course they can't read, which is entirely possible.

From the Connect site (which is clearly posted if you check your own page)

Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Preview Program

• Where's the Halo Reach Discs? We are finalizing the logistics to distribute the discs now, stay tuned to Microsoft Connect for further details.
  • Preview DISC Update Audience: As a member of this audience, should ONLY have access to the Xbox Beta Channel at this time, your dashboard update will be delivered via the Halo Reach disc in the coming weeks.
  • Xbox Private Forums: Coming Soon...
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pimpinc333']....

Yeah you're wrong. On MS's website it even says the people on the Disc Update will be getting the update via the Halo Reach Disc... THIS MEANS you will NOT get the update via Xbox Live but rather the Halo Reach Disc will contain the update. Understand?

Geeez, reading comprehension is above some people these days...

praxus07 took this info straight from MS Website. So now there should be no confusion.[/QUOTE]

didn't i just say that ppl who are in the disc update got the beta channel via update through the website that doesn't include the new disc format update. if you read this thread, everyone got an update. even the disc group. whether you're getting the disc format update through live or the disc, you need an update to get the beta channel that is required by both groups. which has been received through live by both groups recently.

reading comprehension, yeah.

from here
Preview DISC Update Audience: As a member of this audience, should ONLY have access to the Xbox Beta Channel at this time, your dashboard update will be delivered via the Halo Reach disc in the coming weeks.

states you should have access to the beta channel AT THIS TIME. how else are you able to get the channel if not through an live update?

[quote name='leylines']Can I move my gamertag to another xbox if I'm part of the beta? Wanted to play some over at a buddy's house.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I got mine on a USB drive and moved it yesterday without any issues.

[quote name='shosh']didn't i just say that ppl who are in the disc update got the beta channel via update through the website that doesn't include the new disc format update. if you read this thread, everyone got an update. even the disc group. whether you're getting the disc format update through live or the disc, you need an update to get the beta channel that is required by both groups. which has been received through live by both groups recently.

reading comprehension, yeah.

from here
Preview DISC Update Audience: As a member of this audience, should ONLY have access to the Xbox Beta Channel at this time, your dashboard update will be delivered via the Halo Reach disc in the coming weeks.

states you should have access to the beta channel AT THIS TIME. how else are you able to get the channel if not through an live update?[/QUOTE]
:wall:

[quote name='pimpinc333']:wall:[/QUOTE]
here
[quote name='Vulcan2422']Weird thing is, I was choosen for the Disc update. Yet as I went to go to Netflix I was prompted to update. Took about a minute to download the update and there it was, X Box Beta channel. Sorta confused since I'm in the disc group how ever.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='GenPirate']I think there's two different updates. One that adds the beta channel to the dashboard and the one that adds the disc support to the xbox. So for the people getting the update via disc you probably only got half the update. I could be wrong but it felt like the Xbox downloaded two updates as I saw it install one then it rebooted and downloaded something else.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='COLDblood']I am in the Disc group but my dashboard just updated. At least I know for sure I am in now![/QUOTE]

do you understand that ppl in the disc group got an update just for the beta channel?

and the person you replied to

[quote name='garrett007']Where did you find the info on the website?
Edit: I found out what I did wrong, I typed the serial id wrong.[/QUOTE]
i believe he did get an update, even though he's in the disc group

[quote name='shosh']here

do you understand that ppl in the disc group got an update just for the beta channel?

and the person you replied to

i believe he did get an update, even though he's in the disc group[/QUOTE]

Moot point anymore. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pimpinc333']:wall:[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you're arguing. You said this.

[quote name='pimpinc333']....

Yeah you're wrong. On MS's website it even says the people on the Disc Update will be getting the update via the Halo Reach Disc... THIS MEANS you will NOT get the update via Xbox Live but rather the Halo Reach Disc will contain the update. Understand?[/QUOTE]

Unless you're arguing semantics (ie. the beta channel update is not really THE update), you're wrong. Either way, it's a pointless argument.

[quote name='clickpow']Well since all this update is for is a new piracy prevention disc, it won't be doing much.[/QUOTE]

It also gives them more space on the disc

Hah! I totally forgot I signed up for this. I never got an email, but I just checked and I'm in the Disc Update Audience.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Who cares about updates at this point, just let me know when you get the disc. :D[/QUOTE]

exactly. I don't understand (or want to understand) why everyone is arguing about disc groups getting xbl updates.

[quote name='sp00ge']Hah! I totally forgot I signed up for this. I never got an email, but I just checked and I'm in the Disc Update Audience.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten my acceptance email at all but I checked the first day people were reporting being accepted. The only people that got emails have been those rejected it seems. Congrats on getting in!

I signed up a few weeks ago. Well, I got in the disc preview update and should be getting the disc in shortly. Hope it comes in a case as well.

Got the beta channel and had to check this thread.
Went to the webpage and i"m part of the "disc" program or whatever.

nice. now just gotta receive my disc haha.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yup. I got mine on a USB drive and moved it yesterday without any issues.[/QUOTE]
when i tried to play with my GT on my second (non-selected) xbox via USB, it asked me to update. did anyone see that? i didnt update cuz i didnt want to screw it up, and now i cant get on live with that xbox with my GT.

I didn't get prompted to update the 2nd X360 I used. I've gone back to my previous one without any issues either. I'm in the Live update if that matters.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I didn't get prompted to update the 2nd X360 I used. I've gone back to my previous one without any issues either. I'm in the Live update if that matters.[/QUOTE]

Huh? You registered 2 consoles in the beta? Or.......

Disks are scheduled to start arriving today. People are reporting on the Xbox forums that they've called FedEx who have confirmed deliveries from Microsoft. I just did that myself, should be here by 4:30 :D

314qe6x.jpg

I tried to go into matchmaking, but wasn't able to get in. Might have to d/l a mappack or something, I'm supposed to be working right now so I can't really get into it.

[quote name='Market Vault']nice does it come with anythign other than case and game?[/QUOTE]

Case, game & welcome/instruction letter is all you get.

[quote name='seanr1221']You're not supposed to discuss this stuff. I'd remove the picture, just in case.[/QUOTE]

they cant do anything, they dont have their gamertags on their profiles

[quote name='Market Vault']they cant do anything, they dont have their gamertags on their profiles[/QUOTE]

Umm...yeah they do. Look under their join date, noob.

bread's done
Back