Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

[quote name='seanr1221']You're not supposed to discuss this stuff. I'd remove the picture, just in case.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't read the small print or know this was supposed to be hush hush.

[quote name='bfauble83']Thanks, I didn't read the small print or know this was supposed to be hush hush.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you didn't read ANYTHING when signing up did you...

[quote name='Market Vault']what is the worse they can do? ban your gamertag for nothing?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Technically you are sharing confidential information. They could ban your gamer tag and theoretically since by sharing information you are breaking the contract you agreed to with them, theoretically allowing them to sue you for breach of contract if they so wished.

[quote name='draven1089']Gotta call you out, Market Vault= Troll[/QUOTE]

the purpose of that was?

wait for it, OH! it makes you a troll

I got my disc today. Funny, I was apprehensive to even say that in this thread, but I would no way post pics or say more than "yes, materials arrived, commence testing".

[quote name='Market Vault']the purpose of that was?

wait for it, OH! it makes you a troll[/QUOTE]

Yea, because I'm the one making remarks that don't even help the thread. I'm calling you out becuase like your last 3 post have nothing to to here except to show your just watching the thread.

got mine, looks gross, just a silver label with warnings on the disk.

wonder if this will be worth anything in the future, for those weirdo xbox game completionist.

[quote name='shosh']got mine, looks gross, just a silver label with warnings on the disk.

wonder if this will be worth anything in the future, for those weirdo xbox game completionist.[/QUOTE]

it's a shame, didn't want to get rid of my original case and disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shosh']got mine, looks gross, just a silver label with warnings on the disk.

wonder if this will be worth anything in the future, for those weirdo xbox game completionist.[/QUOTE]

Silver? Mine has a green label with black text.

[quote name='sp00ge']Silver? Mine has a green label with black text.[/QUOTE]
im guessing you're on disc update? since im live

Just got my copy today too. Went ahead and deleted my previous install of Reach on the hard drive so I can try and install the new copy, see if there is any difference in install sizes. Old one was 6.6 GB I think.

Edit: New install is 6.7 GB. Browsing through the in game menus, did not notice anything different. And for those few who were hoping they would give the map pack for free on disk, looks like that isn't so. Oh well, worst case this will be an extra copy of Reach that I can keep or give to my brother (once the update goes out to the public of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Got mine as well. They could have at least but some box art on it or the disc itself.[/QUOTE]

They are not going to put art on the game disc to make sure people do not try to sell it to Gamestop.

[quote name='Owen']They are not going to put art on the game disc to make sure people do not try to sell it to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I've got a copy of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger that looks just like this. Came in a regular cd jewel case even, not even an Xbox case.

clickable:

The disc didn't install anything extra. Everything must have been included in the update the other day.

That's all I'm sharing. :) Don't want to piss anyone off.

[quote name='screwkick']Got my Halo Reach disc today via UPS standard overnight.[/QUOTE]

Same here. My mom told me that I had a package, and I thought it was from GoHastings, lol.

I thought mine was going to be the Brutal Legend that I ordered, but when I got home I had another package in the mailbox. Was so confused until I opened it.

sucks, I was hoping for a second copy to sell. Now Im not sure if even want to sell my original since this one sounds bunk. Ohh well, Ill check it out once I get home. anyways, 2 copies of reach cant hurt.

[quote name='draven1089']Woot, wife just called saying I have a package from MS.[/QUOTE]

So did mine. Though mine was more "WTH did you have FedExed from MIcrosoft?! You better not be buying more games!"

how do i make sure i have all the updates needed? It says putting the halo disc in a non preview xbox will disable xbox live. I cant risk that with the gears beta coming in 7 days.

[quote name='The 7th Number']how do i make sure i have all the updates needed? It says putting the halo disc in a non preview xbox will disable xbox live. I cant risk that with the gears beta coming in 7 days.[/QUOTE]

Having the Beta on your dashboard maybe?

[quote name='The 7th Number']how do i make sure i have all the updates needed? It says putting the halo disc in a non preview xbox will disable xbox live. I cant risk that with the gears beta coming in 7 days.[/QUOTE]

Are you a live or Disc Member? if your live you should already have the update if not adn your disc you'll get the update from the disc.

So what happens if you already have a retail copy of reach installed to the HD? I imagine since the beta copy is different in GB sizing, would some conflict arise or should I just uninstall the copy from the HD to be safe?

Sadly Halo:Reach clocks in at 6.7GB (beta disc) versus 6.6GB with the retail disc. Hoping it's just a fluke because of the testing.

[quote name='distinct101']So what happens if you already have a retail copy of reach installed to the HD? I imagine since the beta copy is different in GB sizing, would some conflict arise or should I just uninstall the copy from the HD to be safe?[/QUOTE]
i would reinstall just incase

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So has anyone gotten an email from MS yet? I got the update, but I was expecting a little more formal announcement.[/QUOTE]

There is a letter with the game disc. I assume that is all they are sending.

Just got my disc via fed ex. Not a retail copy, not even close. I'll update with a pic in a few. It's just a clear green case with not retail copy beta, blah, blah on the disc itself. I'll try it and see if it's even a full version in a minute.

Edit: On second thought, don't want to break the NDA, so just know that it's not the retail version. Just a green case, no label and a disc that barely looks professional.

Im kinda happy that all the grubs wanting to stick it to the man and resale the disc are getting boned... :p I love when people trying to take advantage of others get screwed.

[quote name='Rollett']Im kinda happy that all the grubs wanting to stick it to the man and resale the disc are getting boned... :p I love when people trying to take advantage of others get screwed.[/QUOTE]

ehh I love it when people don't know what they are talking about. People are selling their original copies(not the copy that clearly states not for resale, illegal etc.)

So I'm in the LIVE group, but haven't gotten the update yet. And no disc yet either, though I'm on the West coast so it's barely noon here and FedEx/UPS always show up to my house at the last minute.
Still, shouldn't I have the update by now?

[quote name='SynGamer']Sadly Halo:Reach clocks in at 6.7GB (beta disc) versus 6.6GB with the retail disc. Hoping it's just a fluke because of the testing.[/QUOTE]
why would the data of halo reach decrease in size?

isn't the point of the new format is to add and extra gig of data to the disc? and/or piracy?

bread's done
Back