Xbox 360™ Wireless Network Adapter for $50 @ Kmart YMMV

Ejaywillie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I went to Kmart today to buy a 360 hd while there I notice the sign of the deal. I bought one. I don't know if it was only my kmart, but just give them a call before making the journey there. (sorry if it's a repost)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']im still pissed at my kmart, a week and a half after 360 launch and they have all the crappy accessories but havent gotten a single system in.[/QUOTE]
I'm upset because some ass told me they wouldn't get any systems in when I went there on the 21st. After I waited all night at Wal-Mart to get a Core I find out K-Mart had 7 in back for atleast a few days. It didn't look like a basic employee, unless the employees in training are required to wear nice shirts and ties.

[quote name='TimPV3'] unless the employees in training are required to wear nice shirts and ties.[/QUOTE]

That's a manager.

I haven't heard of this deal, and I just priced these stupid things yesterday.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']im still pissed at my kmart, a week and a half after 360 launch and they have all the crappy accessories but havent gotten a single system in.[/QUOTE]

um, they would love to have a bunch believe me, it isn't their fault they have none, other than the fact that their stores are horrible and no one shops there.

[quote name='TheShiz']um, they would love to have a bunch believe me, it isn't their fault they have none, other than the fact that their stores are horrible and no one shops there.[/QUOTE]

they dont care if they have a bunch of not, no retail store makes any money off system sales anyway.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']they dont care if they have a bunch of not, no retail store makes any money off system sales anyway.[/QUOTE]well, they could if they had em in stock. from what i hear, they get from 15 to 20 bucks profit for each system. my walmart sold 44 of them in a half an hour. id say theyre making some money.;)

$50 for a wireless adapter is still ridiculously expensive.
Can't you just link your 360 to any wireless router?

[quote name='jtreumuth']$50 for a wireless adapter is still ridiculously expensive.
Can't you just link your 360 to any wireless router?[/QUOTE] uh yes... if you have a wireless adapter.

[quote name='thagoat']well, they could if they had em in stock. from what i hear, they get from 15 to 20 bucks profit for each system. my walmart sold 44 of them in a half an hour. id say theyre making some money.;)[/QUOTE]

Plus the store will often make some game sales at point of purchase, and a second controller.

[quote name='jtreumuth']$50 for a wireless adapter is still ridiculously expensive.
Can't you just link your 360 to any wireless router?[/QUOTE]The XB360 is ethernet-only out of the box. No built-in wireless. Since wireless routers typically have ethernet ports, you can hook it up with an ethernet cable. Or you can buy the overpriced wireless adapter. Or an ethernet bridge, etc.

[quote name='thagoat']well, they could if they had em in stock. from what i hear, they get from 15 to 20 bucks profit for each system. my walmart sold 44 of them in a half an hour. id say theyre making some money.;)[/QUOTE]

and if even one of them get stolen, there goes the profits of about 18 sold systems.

Iv been using a fairly old LinkSys Game-Router I got for $50 at Best Buy 2 years back. It actually works fairly well for sending the wireless signal to my router. However, I wouldnt mind getting an official XB360 one for $50.

[quote name='mario23air']It should have been $50 in the first place.[/QUOTE]

No, it should have been, like $2!!!!! Why should it have been $50?

I will third the confirmation. I picked up one in the Lansing, MI K-Mart for $49.99. Man, these stores are falling to pieces...

[quote name='007bond']So are these marked at $49.99 or do they just ring up at $49.99?[/QUOTE]

Kmart is so disorganized, none of the Xbox 360 accessories were marked with prices. YOu just tell a person to get it out of the case and it will ring up as $49.99.

Great price but I doubt each store will have more than a couple.

Even if each store only has 1 or 2, how many people actually shop at K-Mart for videogames, especially 360 stuff? Could be a great thing to pricematch at CC and get another 10% off.

Just got back from the Kmart on 7 mile and Farmington in Livonia. $49.99 and they still have one more in stock. Thanks so much. This is the reason I love this site so much!!!!

I was going to head over to the diamond bar, ca to pick one up after work. but OGHowie said he got the last one there, so i headed over to the west covina, ca kmart and picked one up along with a nice toaster. They had at least 1 more left, i couldnt really see.

Thanks to Ejaywillie for pointing out the sale.

Bought the last one at the KMart closest to me for 49.99.

This makes for a successful Saturday!

Bought the last one in Stow, OH. Thanks OP.

As others have stated it is tagged $99.99. Note that when I asked the people at Kmart they said they didn't have any Xbox 360 accessories and if they did they would be pegged next to all of the other accessories. It turns out they were behind the glass with the games.

[quote name='Draccius']On a side note, I am pretty impressed with how easy the setup was with this adaptor.[/QUOTE]

It looks pretty nice too. If you are even thinking about getting one I would strongly recommend you jump on this.

I would also suggest calling around to Kmarts before driving out there, since the item is tagged at $99.99. The item # on my receipt is 88222403568.

[quote name='jkanownik']It looks pretty nice too. If you are even thinking about getting one I would strongly recommend you jump on this.

I would also suggest calling around to Kmarts before driving out there, since the item is tagged at $99.99. The item # on my receipt is 88222403568.[/QUOTE]

Lying down, I think it makes the 360 look like a large, but nice-looking, router. ;)

I just went to the Kmart in Oswego, IL. They had 2. Picked one up. It was marked for $99.99 but rung up for $49.99.

Picked one up at the kmart on Plainfield (louis joliet mall) , IL

49.99 - with a 99.99 price tag on it

Theres at least one more.. and they're on an aisle endcap among a horrible mess in that department

The dissapointing part is that kmart doesnt take competitors coupons .. because I brought the Best Buy 10 off coupon for extra cheapness

I hate to be a naysayer, but I found a dwl-G820 Ethernet gaming adapter at CompUSA for $50 (after rebate of course). It’s really an Ethernet bridge that is pretending to be only for gaming devices. I like it because it works on any Ethernet ready machine through the Ethernet ports. I use it on my PS2 and my computer running Linux. If any of you have tried to set up a Linux machine with a wireless dongle or a wireless card then you know it’s a pain.

In short, if you want to be sure that your wireless device can be used for several gaming systems/other computing devices, I would suggest one of these bridges. If all you have is an X-Box 360 and will wait until the next generations of consoles come out to need other wireless devices, maybe the 360 adapter will be good for you.

Good Gaming,

[font=&quot]umcthomas[/font]

bread's done
Back