Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Game Pack- $26.99 clearance at Best Buy (YMMV)

TheHUZSG20

CAGiversary!
Just got back from Best Buy. Found the Xbox 360 wireless game pack for $26.99 on clearance.

The pack contains a black wireless 360 controller, Geometry Wars 2, Lumines Live, Bomberman Live (on a disc) and a Ms. Pac-man download code. Not a bad deal at all for those who can find it.

Unless they fixed it somehow, Bomberman doesn't work. The required update causes the system to think you don't have the full version.

MjC

The one I found it in was in Philadelphia PA on Roosevelt Blvd...

Haven't tried the disc yet MCalvert1 so not sure if it's fixed yet... I only really bought it for the controller though, just in time for Halo Reach...

Saw these about a year ago on clearance at Best Buy in Selinsgrove, PA for like $19.99 .. some stores probably still have stock floating around somewhere.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Unless they fixed it somehow, Bomberman doesn't work. The required update causes the system to think you don't have the full version.

MjC[/QUOTE]

I bought this when Toys R Us was doing the 40% game accessories a month ago. I can verify that they fixed the bug with Bomberman Live. Works like a charm!

[quote name='kburns10']I bought this when Toys R Us was doing the 40% game accessories a month ago. I can verify that they fixed the bug with Bomberman Live. Works like a charm![/QUOTE]

I totally scored the XBL messanger gold pack at 40% off during the same promo. Sadly, they only had 1 in stock.

[quote name='100xp']I totally scored the XBL messanger gold pack at 40% off during the same promo. Sadly, they only had 1 in stock.[/QUOTE]

That was a great promo! If they do it again, I'll definitely get the messenger. That chat pad seems like it would come in handy.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']It's still showing up at $49.99 on BestBuy.com but since I see a few available around me I'm game to check it out later today. Here's a link to the item page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&usc=All+Categories&ks=960#storeInventoryLink[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's kind of a similar situation here @ my BB as well w/ the Tatsunoku VS Capcom fight stick. Online it shows $59.99 however my store has it on clearance for like $46.99.

I know it's not the best quality stick in the world part's wise, but it'll be my first fight stick. I might try to pick it up when I get my next paycheck in a couple of weeks. That, or wait until there's another 10% off coupon.

They had about 4 or 5 left & they've been there awhile (as obvious by them being clearanced out).

I can confirm this at the store I work at in Waterford, CT. We're sitting on about 9 of them and they have been sitting there since I started working at BB in Oct of last year. Easy way to score a controller for cheap.

[quote name='TheHelix']I bought one for 39.99 a month ago...damn.[/QUOTE]

I bought one for 39.99 last week....double damn

[quote name='daemissary']I bought one for 39.99 last week....double damn[/QUOTE]
If you bought it at BB go back and they'll refund the difference.

[quote name='gospelman']might pick this up, have a $25 gift card to burn..

will the 10% off coupon work on this?[/QUOTE]

As long as the coupon doesn't say it can't be used on clearance items then I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work.

I price checked it at the newly opened Anaheim (but located in Fullerton) BBY where they had 8 in stock, but it rang up at $44.99. *sigh* I was hoping to finish using my g/c.

So I headed across the street to TRU to pick up this week's Halo card ($15 off any wireless 360 controller). They had the same 360 controller pack for $39.99 and I tried using the coupon but the register wouldn't accept the discount. Might try going to another TRU and haggle with the Manager since the coupon does specifically say ANY wireless controller.

Called a few BB's in the Phoenix area. All have this listed at 49.99. Asked them to check the computer price and it was the same. :(

Really wish Best Buy had a nationwide clearance system like Target. I can't understand how this is clearance in some parts of the country, yet I go to 2 stores within 10min of each other, both have at least 5 of this item and one store is $44.99 while the other is $49.99 (although the old sale tag said $39.99).

[quote name='Sizu']I called one of the three in town, said it was $50. Do they have to scan it?[/QUOTE]

You've been here over a year and don't see what's wrong with your statement?

Saw these today at Bestbuy, and actually just came on here to post the deal; but then I saw this thread :)

The Columbia, MO store had about six of them sitting by the accessories with no tag. Out of pure curiosity, I brought it to the register with me (Cause I also found a copy of non-PH Halo Wars for $9.99). The clerk was a douche and told me the tag is out there, and they wouldn't clearance it without a sticker. I asked politely that he scan just to be sure. Rang up $31.99. I said I'd take it, and he told me that he'll "have to tell the manager to take those off the shelf". Idiot.

Anyhoo... I imagine they'll still be there if anyone wants one at this location.

If anyone finds these on clearance (less than $39.99) in SoCal, please post the location. I'd even be tempted to do a buy then return/re-buy for the clearance price.

Called a BB where a fellow CAG lives in Ohio. They had two left at $24.99 (which worked out well, 1 for each of us). He then was able to get them to take the $15 Toys R Us coupon, making them $10 each.

May be worth a shot if you want to get em even cheaper.

[quote name='jrxone1']23st BB NYC have alot them 26.99[/QUOTE]

I saw like 3 dozen at the 23 st store and they were $24.99
wanted to buy but I already have more than I need

Good to know about the 23rd street store. It was the only place to have my iPad in early August too :D I love that store. I might make a trip down there. I'll check 86th & Lex first though.

Just picked one up for $26.99 at the BB in NYC on 5th Ave btwn 43rd & 44th. They had about 15-20 more left.

Plenty at the Burlington MA Best Buy for 24.99. Scagged it. (That's a combination of snagg and cag. I'm hoping it catches on... Don't you judge me.)

[quote name='murphyspub']Plenty at the Burlington MA Best Buy for 24.99. Scagged it. (That's a combination of snagg and cag. I'm hoping it catches on... Don't you judge me.)[/QUOTE]

It sounds dirty .. "Scagged" will catch on ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
$49.99 at Flatirons in Broomfield, CO. $33.99 at the one in Longmont. Grabbed, er, scagged one, had four or five more out on the shelf.

[quote name='rootbeerafloat']$49.99 at Flatirons in Broomfield, CO. $33.99 at the one in Longmont. Grabbed, er, scagged one, had four or five more out on the shelf.[/QUOTE]
Nice!

bread's done
Back