Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter - $86.99 Shipped via Amazon

Eww... I think I might stick with DDWRT router. That way I can at least use it for something else later on then (and it won't break).

I am much happier with my superior and cheaper DWL-G820 Ethernet WAP (which is easily expandable for multiple systems) it just required configuring on a PC before connection (unless you run a "nekked" wireless set up, then it's plug and play).

[quote name='bhk']you guys do know that the original xbox wireless adapter works on the 360 right?

It's $44.99 new at amazon.

See the reviews for how to get it work on your 360.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless...TF8&coliid=I2W1N98A0TJXKW&colid=1I8TQ8PP89JXU[/quote]

Frankly, most of the appeal of the official XBox 360 Wireless Adaptor is that it's officially licensed by XBox and it looks very nice stuck to the back of the system.

If you want to spend $45 for just the XBox wireless adaptor, you might as well spend some money on a router and use it as a bridge.

The adapter is certainly convenient but I'm making do with hooking up the 360 to my laptop via Ethernet and then enabling Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP with my wireless connection. Much better instructions on how to do it here but it's very simple. Already have a laptop so this is perfect for me since I didn't have to spend any extra cash to get the system online.

[quote name='fatez']used adapters @ gamestop are about $49 after 20% off accessories coupon + 10% off edge. the condition can be pretty good also, they come in a clear bag so u can always check out how it looks before u buy it. if it don't work u can always take it back.[/quote]

Which Coupon Code are you talking about, I can't seem to find it.

[quote name='V878']The adapter is certainly convenient but I'm making do with hooking up the 360 to my laptop via Ethernet and then enabling Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP with my wireless connection. Much better instructions on how to do it here but it's very simple. Already have a laptop so this is perfect for me since I didn't have to spend any extra cash to get the system online.

smile.gif

[/quote]

Similar to my setup.

[quote name='Laughing Man']How used is it? I might be interested.[/quote]

was wondering the same too. how about $50 shipped?

I bought a wireless bridge on Newegg to hook up my 360 wirelessly for like $30. After wasting 3 hours trying to get any of my wireless devices to recognize it, I went to Circuit City and bought the Official adapter for $89 on sale. It was working in about 5 minutes. I returned the bridge to Newegg and paid a like $7 in shipping and restocking fees. I've had no issues with the official one and highly recommend it if you want a plug and play solution.

[quote name='JaroldL']was wondering the same too. how about $50 shipped?[/quote]

Sorry guys, I've already paid for his, and it should be on its way to my house soon.:)

[quote name='lorkeng']spend 50 dollars, get a wrt54 gl, flash it with ddwrt, use it as a ethernet bridge. itll bascially work as a backwards router, turning a wireless connection into a wired connection. not only is it cheaper, you come out with an unbelievably versatile router instead of a POS adapter that only works with the 360.[/QUOTE]

more info on this, please?

[quote name='V878']The adapter is certainly convenient but I'm making do with hooking up the 360 to my laptop via Ethernet and then enabling Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP with my wireless connection. Much better instructions on how to do it here but it's very simple. Already have a laptop so this is perfect for me since I didn't have to spend any extra cash to get the system online.[/quote]

Only problem with ICS is that you usually get a NAT status of moderate. Bridging is much better (you can do it in Windows as well).

Right now I have ICS set up in Linux but I can't get bridging to work, so my NAT status is stuck on moderate (so I can't play some games very well).

[quote name='oasisboy']Just buy it on ebay. I bought mine brand new for $60 shipped.[/quote]

That's nice, but go ahead and show me a single listing on Ebay that has it for $60.00 shipped. Unless, you're home looking at ebay all day, you're very unlikely to find it for that price.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']$69.99 used at GS. Use the 20% coupon and EDGE for even better price.[/quote]

i think i'll take this route instead, make use of my edge card. thanks

For the people using the laptop route, how fast is the connection? I use wireless with my PS3 and its pretty good, so should I expect the same for my 360?

[quote name='Laughing Man']Only problem with ICS is that you usually get a NAT status of moderate. Bridging is much better (you can do it in Windows as well).

Right now I have ICS set up in Linux but I can't get bridging to work, so my NAT status is stuck on moderate (so I can't play some games very well).[/quote]

Sometimes when I connect to LIVE it complains about the NAT but usually if I repair my wireless connection in XP and retry the connection, it goes away.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']For the people using the laptop route, how fast is the connection? I use wireless with my PS3 and its pretty good, so should I expect the same for my 360?[/quote]

I have two 360's and the one upstairs I use my laptop for now until I buy a wireless bridge. I don't notice any speed differences between the 360 hooked up to my laptop vs the 360 directly wired.

I bought one 'on ebay for 55 dollars total a few weeks ago and honestly, it was kinda worth it...

yea, i could use my laptop....but shoot, i might not always be near a laptop if i were to take it to other people's homes like i do.

Wow, I knew the 360 did not come w/ wireless, but I did not know it would be that much...I am so glade I got the other systems, and not this one

Yeah, I do love the Microsoft adapter though. I'm on the second floor, my router is on the first floor in the opposite corner of the house from my xbox, and I get 3-4 bars everytime I use my 360. It's great.

[quote name='bajingo']im glad you didnt get it either, so i dont have to play with your dumbazz[/QUOTE]

Feel free to return to GameFAQs with that attitude.

Sorry to to a bit off topic. But I was at Circuit City yesterday and noticed that while the price was at $99.99 the tags all said clearance. Do we know if this device is getting replaced with a new and (hopefully cheaper) different model?

[quote name='EvilIA']Sorry to to a bit off topic. But I was at Circuit City yesterday and noticed that while the price was at $99.99 the tags all said clearance. Do we know if this device is getting replaced with a new and (hopefully cheaper) different model?[/quote]

That's not on clearance. That is the price you will find in most retail stores.

I thought it was expensive due to the inclusion of 802.11a... most wireless-a components are pretty pricey, from any company.

[quote name='trooper09']That's not on clearance. That is the price you will find in most retail stores.[/quote]

I know that it's typically xx.96, but it was marked clearance as were other things. It along with maybe a refresh of the tech inside (maybe .n) could mean a new model of the adapter.

does anyone know if that 20% discount coupon will stack with my friends Barnes & nobles employee discount (15%)?, cause if its possible I"ma find me a used network adapter instead.

this thing is dumb. Just hook a laptop with ethernet 2 ur 360 or u can take a router. plug it in to the wall, and connect that 2 ur 360 with an ethernet cord

^ unfortunately some people's router is not accessible. also some people do not own laptops. I currently connect through my laptop but find it is a pain since I rather not have to take my laptop out just to play online.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I hate anyone and everyone that plays on Live with this thing. Quit ruining my experience with your laggy wifi. =P[/QUOTE]

Everyone's experience is different. I haven't had anyone complain while I've used it.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I hate anyone and everyone that plays on Live with this thing. Quit ruining my experience with your laggy wifi. =P[/quote]

The assumption that wifi = laggy is simply wrong.

[quote name='SniDa']The assumption that wifi = laggy is simply wrong.[/QUOTE]
Uh, no it's not. If you're using wireless you will have a much larger ping that will negatively affect the gameplay of other players. Particularly in games that need tighter timing, like fighters.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Uh, no it's not. If you're using wireless you will have a much larger ping that will negatively affect the gameplay of other players. Particularly in games that need tighter timing, like fighters.[/QUOTE]

And again, you talk like it's 100% all the time. It's not.

i asked for a network adapter for christmas because i'm not paying that much, but i'll let my family pay that much :) previously i just had a switch ran between my ps3 and the 360...so since i have the wireless now i just have the ethernet running from my router to the ps3 (it's a 20gb version)

but i dont' see how people are like "just hook up a laptop to get WIRELESS"...if you're running a wire to the 360 it's not wireless and you might as well just run the damn cat5 to it...imo of course ;)

same with getting a wireless original xbox that you have to plug in and it's friggen huge.

I don't get why people say the 360 adapter looks good. No, it really doesn't. It looks like some weird ass ghetto add-on itself. Yeah it matches the color of the original 360 system, but it still totally stands out, especially if you have your 360 standing vertically.

I agree on the original xbox wireless adapter, shouldn't get that one. It is big, way more ugly than the 360 adapter, and you have to plug it into your powerstrip or outlet.

Performance-wise, the 360 adapter will drop some, but usually not very long. There were a couple times where I couldn't get it to connect at all while my PS3 connected just fine.

I never had any problem with my PS3 connecting or dropping. Well, I did have a problem getting into the Metal Gear Online Beta, but that wasn't my hardware, that was probably too much demand.

Microsoft should've made the wireless built-in. They're the ones that are supposed to be the online experience champions. What were they thinking?

The 360 elite has built-in wifi. Anybody have a review of how it does?

Wow, then what the hell is the point in getting one? ohhh big hard drive, psh, or you could buy the regular 20 gig hard drive version and replace it with a 160-250 gig laptop hd on sale online for under $100. YouTube has tutorials.

I was misinformed, someone told me it had built-in wifi and I assumed they were correct given the price difference and the name, elite.

bread's done
Back