Xbox Arcade for $130 @ Target + $30 GC

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This deal would work out to be like Amazon's or Walmart's to be about $100 for an Xbox Arcade. However some Target stores are giving $50 GiftCards instead of $30. Apparently the Weekly Ad for Target listed the Xbox Arcade to include a wired headset, to compensate for the error Target has reduce the price an additional $20.

from Target.com:

Includes game console and 1 wireless controller.
The Xbox 360 Arcade game does not include a wired headset. To compensate for this error the price will be further reduced to $130.00. (Value of wired headset is $19.99)

FREE $30 TARGET GIFTCARD® with purchase of this XBOX 360 system! Quantities limited; no rain checks. Terms and conditions apply to GiftCards.

edit: This deal is good again this week. No more $50 GC, only $30 GC now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rvdnsx']Does anyone know if the Arcade system itself is still 130 in store without the gift card? I guess I could use the $50 gift card from the previous week to get an extra system for 80 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

Deal's dead.

[quote name='lorne']Currently I'm using one 40gb and one 160gb drive. Of course the xbox will only show 16gb but it's a cheap way to add space if you have a spare hdd/case handy. You may get "incompatible" or unrecognized drive warning during format but it still works fine.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just partition the 40gb drive into two?

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']the pathetic thing is that in my area, it showed the Arcade was available in 9 out of 10 stores online yesterday, and not one store actually had it in stock. i went to one store, and they didn't have it, and then they checked the inventory of the other stores and not one store showed a single piece. i know online inventory trackers are sometimes wrong, but 9 out of 10, come on now...[/QUOTE]
It's like that scene from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), where you see a van filled with electronics one moment, and then nothing the next.

"Duhn, duhn--duhn-duhn.
..!" (the Foot Clan theme)

[quote name='The_Linux_Crew']Why don't you just partition the 40gb drive into two?[/QUOTE]
The xbox will format it to one 16gb drive only(or less if it is smaller than 16gb). No other option.

Any good deals on a 20gb hard drive at the moment? Purchased an Arcade console myself during this killer deal. Now I just need more space on the cheap. I tried using the search function but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

I just talked to a manager at my local Target, and he told me that their sale of Xbox 360s for $130 + $50 GC will be going for a while... so I'm going to try to get one once they're back in stock. Will let you all know if I get one, or if he's just full of sh1t.

Ended up returning the arcade I bought on saturday because it was missing a game. I thought it looked kind of fishy when I first opened it. When I brought it back got a full refund and raincheck in case I wanted to repurchase. I bought another one at another Target for $85 (minus the gift card). Have yet to open it and make sure everything is in it.

[quote name='geotech']Ended up returning the arcade I bought on saturday because it was missing a game. I thought it looked kind of fishy when I first opened it. When I brought it back got a full refund and raincheck in case I wanted to repurchase. I bought another one at another Target for $85 (minus the gift card). Have yet to open it and make sure everything is in it.[/QUOTE]
Both games are packaged into the same case so there should only be one (front cover will show Banjo, back cover will show Viva Pinata, side will show both titles) -- I sold the games fully sealed on CL so didnt open it but my guess is that theres 2 discs in there

Also of note is the game is kind of hidden in the packaging. It's tucked into the side into one of the green supports/padding for the system.

[quote name='dothatthing']I just talked to a manager at my local Target, and he told me that their sale of Xbox 360s for $130 + $50 GC will be going for a while... so I'm going to try to get one once they're back in stock. Will let you all know if I get one, or if he's just full of sh1t.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say, but I think he's full of it. I checked the price on Monday with our scanner and the price was back to normal at $149. I haven't checked to see for sure if the gift card still prompts at our registers, but I'm fairly certain there's a ^ or some symbol like that next to the price on our PDA if it rings up with a gift card, and when I checked there was no such indication.

[quote name='JaTaN']Both games are packaged into the same case so there should only be one (front cover will show Banjo, back cover will show Viva Pinata, side will show both titles) -- I sold the games fully sealed on CL so didnt open it but my guess is that theres 2 discs in there[/QUOTE]

Yep, 2 discs in there. I traded both in to Gamestop and got 16 bucks when I added a third game for the Trade 3 Get $10 promo. Brought the purchase price of the Arcade down to 69 dollars =D

[quote name='dothatthing']I just talked to a manager at my local Target, and he told me that their sale of Xbox 360s for $130 + $50 GC will be going for a while... so I'm going to try to get one once they're back in stock. Will let you all know if I get one, or if he's just full of sh1t.[/QUOTE]

Full of it. All Target sales are reflected online. If it's no longer there, it's no longer honored.

so is this offer still going on? i know BB is having a similar deal but this ones better. if not still available i think i will just go wit BB

[quote name='koopa213']so is this offer still going on? i know BB is having a similar deal but this ones better. if not still available i think i will just go wit BB[/QUOTE]

What's the deal at BB?

Yeah, they got 'em back in stock yesterday, and they rang up as 150. Was just wondering if there's any way to do a price override, because the guy i talked to two days ago was convince that the sale was still going... Maybe I could get him to ring it up?

Idk, but I was at walmart yesterday and they still had the 50 dollar GC sign up so even if it rang up without you could probably get them to give it to you since it was up.

but that's walmart and not target. It also depends if there are any left. But try walmart if you can.

[quote name='dothatthing']Yeah, they got 'em back in stock yesterday, and they rang up as 150. Was just wondering if there's any way to do a price override, because the guy i talked to two days ago was convince that the sale was still going... Maybe I could get him to ring it up?[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about Target, that employee would have to override two things: the XBox price and the gift card price. To do so, he would need manager approval, and no one is going to approve that.

My local target only had the non- spring bundle arcade so I just went to wal-mart and picked up the last spring bundle arcade and bought 50 dollars worth of groceries with the gift card.

This was a great deal, I bought 2 (bought 1 and then used the $50 GC to buy a 2nd one, and then got another $50 GC on top) and sent out an email at my office to everyone about it and 7 other people picked up units for themselves.

Good stuff.

[quote name='JaTaN']If anyone is looking to make a hard drive then Newegg has the WD Blue 250GB 7200rpm hard drive for $45 shipped (they had the 5400rpm one for sale a few days ago for $40, but extra $5 for 7200rpm is great)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136279
$53 - $8 coupon EMCYTNN35 (ends 6/28) = $45 shipped[/QUOTE]

You can also buy a HD enclosure to put it in for $9 and some change from Deal Extreme. Might take a few weeks to show up, but I always get my stuff from them.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25939

[quote name='JaTaN']If anyone is looking to make a hard drive then Newegg has the WD Blue 250GB 7200rpm hard drive for $45 shipped (they had the 5400rpm one for sale a few days ago for $40, but extra $5 for 7200rpm is great)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136279
$53 - $8 coupon EMCYTNN35 (ends 6/28) = $45 shipped[/QUOTE]

Hey, is it hard to make it a 360 hardirve? is there anything you need to flash, & what are the steps to.

thanks in advance..

would the game credit work on a harddrive or only games, it seems self explanitory but just making sure

[quote name='fullhavok']Hey, is it hard to make it a 360 hardirve? is there anything you need to flash, & what are the steps to.

thanks in advance..[/QUOTE]
You can just flash the drive and install it in a 360 drive case to make it work (format the drive from the 360 memory settings page to make sure everything is good before using)

If you want backwards compatibility with Xbox 1 games then you'll also have to flash one of the partitions before using (I dont play Xbox 1 games so I didnt bother with it)

Not sure if its against the rules to post a tutorial like this so mods can remove the link if it is
Copy and paste it: digiex.net/computing-section/guides-tutorials/consoles/3152-xbox-360-how-hack-250gb-sata-drive-work-360-a.html

[quote name='jab1235']would the game credit work on a harddrive or only games, it seems self explanitory but just making sure[/QUOTE]
Gaming credit should work on everything in the gaming section of Amazon

[quote name='Guerrilla']If you're talking about Target, that employee would have to override two things: the XBox price and the gift card price. To do so, he would need manager approval, and no one is going to approve that.[/QUOTE]

I used to work at Target back in 1995. The policy back then was to honor any ad up to two weeks after it was posted, but we never and I mean NEVER publicized that fact. Might be worth a shot.

According to the post on next week's ad, the $150 + $30 GC is back. Might be less seeing as how they again advertise the headset.

[quote name='bananafish900']I used to work at Target back in 1995. The policy back then was to honor any ad up to two weeks after it was posted, but we never and I mean NEVER publicized that fact. Might be worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

That's an extreme YMMV situation. Nowadays, if you purchased an item that went on sale two weeks or less from your purchase date, I think guest service is supposed to adjust the price for you. You could always return an item if it's outside the two week window and repurchase it, but that, of course, depends on the item you are attempting to return.

[quote name='fatez']this deal is suppose to be alive again this week and on the ad. :)[/QUOTE]

Yep it is in the ad. The $30 Gift Card though, no $50 GC.

I think the AD states that it comes with a wired headset but it doesn't, was browsing one of the PDAs at work today and it said that in the AD it comes with a headset but doesn't.

[quote name='theenforcer1']Does the arcade come with a wireless controller? I thought it was wired? The ad states wireless...[/QUOTE]

All 360s have always come with wireless controllers.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']All 360s have always come with wireless controllers.[/QUOTE]

They do now, but remember: at launch there was a "Core" model that had no support for wireless controllers.

[quote name='Ed_']They do now, but remember: at launch there was a "Core" model that had no support for wireless controllers.[/QUOTE]
No, the core always supported wireless controllers, it simply did not come with one.

[quote name='Blackjacker']No, the core always supported wireless controllers, it simply did not come with one.[/QUOTE]

Not all that important but that is wrong. When the Arcade was first introduced, it included a WIRED controller, not a wireless one.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep it is in the ad. The $30 Gift Card though, no $50 GC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- it's a $30 gift card and the console is $129.99 so this is not as good a deal as it was with the $50 gift card since that deal made the console effectively $80.

In stores only, I hope I can find one tomorrow.... I can't believe I didn't bite on this for a second console 2 weeks ago. Not missing it again...

[quote name='romeogbs19']Not all that important but that is wrong. When the Arcade was first introduced, it included a WIRED controller, not a wireless one.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what he said...

Confirmed just picked up an arcade model for $130 with $30 gift card. No spring bundles in the area. Just he basic. The spring bundle just came with 2 games and nothing else, right? Here's hoping they'll bump up the gc to $50 like they did last time.

[quote name='Joartrak']I wonder if Gamestop will price match so I can trade in my ps2 and the 30 games i have towards it...[/QUOTE]

I don't believe GS price matches.

The Target ad that came in my Sunday paper (today), says $149.99 plus $30 gift card. Yet you guys are talking about $129.99 ?

bread's done
Back