Xbox Arcade for $130 @ Target + $30 GC

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This deal would work out to be like Amazon's or Walmart's to be about $100 for an Xbox Arcade. However some Target stores are giving $50 GiftCards instead of $30. Apparently the Weekly Ad for Target listed the Xbox Arcade to include a wired headset, to compensate for the error Target has reduce the price an additional $20.

from Target.com:

Includes game console and 1 wireless controller.
The Xbox 360 Arcade game does not include a wired headset. To compensate for this error the price will be further reduced to $130.00. (Value of wired headset is $19.99)

FREE $30 TARGET GIFTCARD® with purchase of this XBOX 360 system! Quantities limited; no rain checks. Terms and conditions apply to GiftCards.

edit: This deal is good again this week. No more $50 GC, only $30 GC now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be picking one up tomorrow morning. I traded in my 360 for the new one but saved my 120 HDD. My gf has been wanting a console since she got bored with my PS2 and this is just cheap enough for me to bite. Plus I get a gift card.

1st, again, thanks to Cag ( AGAIN ) & OP , just by luck i was looking around to buy a 360, to raffle off for a fund raisers we are having for are local fallen police officers & i was put in charge of buying one, so i was going to go to best buy & just pick up a spring bundle, when it hit me, let me check out CAG.com 1st, & found this post, my lucky day! i had to call around & all my local Target's had sold out, but found one 30 miles from me that had 5 left, ran right over & got it for $130. plus tax, plus the $50.00 gift card, the deal was so sweet i picked up two. one for the raffle & one for me, i've been wanting to buy a new controller anyway & the games i can give to my little one to play, & now knock on wood, if any of our other 360's die, i have a back up. you can't beat a 360 for around $85. bucks! LOL SWEET, Thanks again!

p.s. excuse my grammar , i've been up for 2 days on 2 hrs sleep.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm, is the online item locater useful? A few stores in the area I am working at tomorrow have them in stock online. Has anyone had any luck using that. I'll call first anyways I guess.

First, big thanks to the OP. This offer is currently available in Tennessee. I scored an Arcade for $130 plus tax with a $50 GC. To anyone looking for an Arcade, I have some advice. Don't waste time driving from store to store. Pick up the phone and speak to the Electronics Dept. at Target. Unlike BB or Wal-mart, Target will hold the item for you for 24 hours. I had two Arcades held for me at different stores yesterday.

Good luck!

Seriously, thank you to the OP. My 360 red ringed a bit ago, and I was mulling over buying one because I was kind of pissed it red ringed. I really missed my 360, and it feels awesome knowing that I really only paid $80 for it. I got the $50 giftcard.

The employees didn't know about the offer, and they said "Well I guess we can try scanning it at the register to see what happens" and the employee was shocked that it worked. He even said "my wife will HAVE to let me buy one now".

I'm so glad I didn't sell my old 20 gig hard drive. It feels like I have my old console back! :)

Finally got mine, thanks OP!!!!

So here was my experience:

I woke up, called 3 Targets to confirm the deal for my location and none of them even knew about this deal. I then drove to my closest location and found out that this deal is no secret, there's a promotion price tag in the right place so I don't get how all 3 of those store person couldn't tell me about them. Anyway, the first location already ran out of stock (I was there 1 hour after opening). They checked other locations but could not place them on hold for me saying it's because this was a promotion (I was confused). Anyway, I drove all the way to the next location and finally was able to purchase the second to last 360 Arcade in that store. Again, since this is Arcade version, it doesn't come with hard drive and headset, and the bundle doesn't include those 2 games which I thought it would. Doesn't matter though, I'm hella satisfied! Thanks again OP!

If you're still hesitating, know that they're selling so quickly, I strongly suggest you to act first and think later!

[quote name='diishen']They checked other locations but could not place them on hold for me saying it's because this was a promotion (I was confused). [/QUOTE]

That was my experience too, they said they couldn't hold any for me because it's a sale price. Personally, I would ask them about stock but not confirm the deal. The guy who rang me up clearly didn't know about the deal because he got very surprised when he saw 1st the price and 2nd the $50 gift card. At least at the stores here, it's in the register.

Two Targets near my home had them in-stock...I may have picked up the last one at the Lebanon Target in Ohio. Anyhow....one Target had the price on the shelf at $130.00 while the other still had the $149.99 price. Either way...they do come with the $50.00 gift card. I am sure if you take it up to checkout it will scan at $130.00. I may pick another one up tonight...still have the other receipt as proof if the other Target does not scan at $130.00.

I decided to grab a zipcar and pick this up. I'm still annoyed that even w a printed ad best buy repeatedly said they won't match total value w gift card or price --- despite saying otherwise on their website. Almost missed the sale cause of that. Really dumb policy to waste customers time in a competitive market, but given they're the only major one in san fran, I guess they can get away w it.

Yep, the Target I work at had one out, price was labeled as $149 but rang up as $130, total came up to about $126 with my employee discount, also got the $50 GC, sweet deal.

the two i bought for this sweet deal where two Spring Bundle's with the two games, Hey if your in South Florida, near Miami in Hialeah 1750 W 37th St
Hialeah, FL 33012, still had 3 left last night.

but everyone call around, cuz the on line lo cater told me about some stores with up to 4 in stock, & when i got there, all sold out! so call ahead & like posted before, hurry up , they are flying out of the store, the more people are realizing this deal, so think later & buy one now! LOL!!!

No one was buying them at the Target in Bayview/Milwaukee. I went on Thursday night and there were 4 spring bundles. Picked one up and decided to go again on Friday to get another. I'm pretty sure the same 3 were still just sitting there.

Anyways, just got back from Gamestop. They basically paid me 52 cents (arcade was $84.48 after tax and GC) to upgrade my old out of warranty xbox for a brand new one. Granted $50 and $85 of that is money that has to spent at Target and Gamestop, but that won't be a problem. Great deal....still decided I'm gonna keep the second one to use in the bedroom as a netflix/media center extender.

[quote name='hypertails02']Hey, has anyone tried to Pricematch this deal at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Yes, with varied success. Some people said it worked, others said it didn't (they wouldn't match the GC).

I'm thinking I may actually go try to get one... online inventory says all my targets have them available, I want to call, but that's always hit and miss on whether you'll get anyone with a brain.

[quote name='fldash']Yes, with varied success. Some people said it worked, others said it didn't (they wouldn't match the GC).[/QUOTE]
What about pricematching from $150 to $130? I could use a $20 savings.

[quote name='hypertails02']Hey, has anyone tried to Pricematch this deal at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]
Yes. They wouldn't match either the price or gift card.

Hey fellas. I bought one Friday @ 4pm after work in Gastonia, NC. They only had 3 bundles in the store. No one was buying them though. The had a sign for the $130 + $50 GC and a sign for the $200 bundle (not spring) +$50 GC.

So, I wanted to know if anyone knew if I could go to another Target and switch my arcade for a spring bundle Xbox?

One more question, Since we can only migrate once a year, should I migrate my license to the arcade (I have a 16 month old 60 GB) or wait until I buy the new "slim/short" Xbox? I can wait another year if I have to, but If I see that sweet deal I may have to bite on the new one. I really want it now, but this arcade deal is a no brainer. :roll:

Peace to the CAG,
Jimmy
Webmonk

Never thought I would buy a 360 after the RROD thing, but picked one up at the Windsor, NJ Target. There were none at the Manalapan, NJ Target. I considered picking up some games that were on sale but decided to hold off and of course see them cheaper on Amazon with no tax. Thanks for the notice!

Got one at Gateway mall Brooklyn NY. There were like 3 or 4 left and there was someone who came to get one like 3 minutes after I got mine. Also the employee said that this deal only lasts until the 20th.

[quote name='geotech']Never thought I would buy a 360 after the RROD thing, but picked one up at the Windsor, NJ Target. There were none at the Manalapan, NJ Target. I considered picking up some games that were on sale but decided to hold off and of course see them cheaper on Amazon with no tax. Thanks for the notice![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the whole RROD thing does keep ppl away from the 360 -- however, the Jaspers are known to have practically eliminated the problem. The Falcons and the Zephyrs still are known to have high rates of failure, though.

It's interesting that MS has moved to the Slim -- I would actually prefer this one to the Slim b/c MS has tried to rectify the problem in it vs. the Slim being completely new hardware. I wonder if we'll now see an uptick in console failures (Red dot of death) in these babies.

Also, as someone who never ever intends to go online, I'm sad to see MS go the route of one skew and take away the Arcade system.

Major Major Hassle getting the Xbox price adjustment from $149.99 to $130

Store: Eagle Rock, CA Target

1st, I was told I could not get the price adjustment because the system would not let them.
2nd, then the LD Manager (?) said if I had the gift card then may be I could get a price adjustment. But I had already used the gift card.
3rd, I was told “if I was unhappy to call Corp Office”.
So, I called the Corp Office. After 30 minutes on the phone, the Corp Office told the store to give me the price adjustment in store credit (not cash).
4th, Spent another 15 minutes watching the LD Manager struggle to figure out how to give me store credit.

Just a bad experience with Target

P.S.
While on the phone, I notice Target telling people “they do not take returns on defective productions” and the customer will “have to call the manufacture for a replacement”.
I was too busy on the phone, but does anyone know what defective products they will not take back.

The Arcade I purchased had a broken power button and they exchanged it with no problems. I then went back to get a price adjustment and it took awhile for them to figure out how to do it, but eventually they got it. They were nice about the whole thing.

Make sure to check your box before leaving. By peaking through the window where the serial number of the unit was visible, I saw that the unit I was about to purchase was not wrapped with plastic. The seal on the side looked liked it had been messed with. Dead giveaway for a return where somebody took the serial number off the new unit and placed it on the dead xbox they were returning. Target return associates seem to be a foolish lot.

The Davenport, IA area is officially sold out. I ended up taking the last arcade and managed to score it at 130 with the 50 dollar gift card. I don't intend on keeping the arcade, but I'll prolly sell it to a friend. If that doesn't happen, I'll gladly keep as a spare at my parent's house.

Thanks OP and everyone. Finally found a store that has a couple in the LA/Orange area: Buena Park. As of 6:30 PST, they have at least 3 more for sale for $137 after tax. You've only a few hours left, so go go go!

This is a pretty awesome deal though, almost puts it at the disposable price imo.

Too bad they'll pretty much be all gone soon and everyone will have to wait until fall to get a 199 360 model.

[quote name='hordak']So does pricematching not work for this at Walmart? You know, they have the lowest price ALWAYS (as they guarantee it). :)[/QUOTE]
You might be able to get them to shave off 20 dollars.
But I have no target near me anyway so it's not like they could call and check.

How the hell did I not see this thread until today. Argh.

1 hour left in the sale and all the local Targets are sold out.

[quote name='GoVols']Is today the last day of this sale?[/QUOTE]

Indeed it was. If you live on the West coast, in Alaska or Hawaii you still might be able to find one, but as most of the country's Targets are closed for the night you may be out of luck.

Had a huge rush come in at 9pm tonight snagging the remaining 360s... had one gent buy two and then come right back a few minutes later to buy the third with the two gift cards he got from the first two. I'd been limiting it to one per guest all evening, but I guess at that point it was ~20 minutes til the store closed and everyone who wanted one had already come in.

I never see acknowledged pricing screw-ups on this magnitude from Target, so it was fun while it lasted. I'm sure I may have run into a few CAGs and/or their friends so I appreciate the understanding when we were limiting consoles earlier. :)

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']You might be able to get them to shave off 20 dollars.
But I have no target near me anyway so it's not like they could call and check.[/QUOTE]

No luck. The walmarts around me were sold out, and when I showed them the pictures from http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2084750 , they said they could only price match ads --- not pictures. Oh well... no big loss!

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']That guy who bought two, then used the GCs to buy a third made out like a bandit haha.

That's crazy. 3 360s for like 300.[/QUOTE]
What a waste of gift cards.

[quote name='sadboy']What a waste of gift cards.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='FR0GGY']So when do we get cheap 60 gb hard drives?[/QUOTE]

hopefully the 250 will be the one that's being pushed by microsoft and all the 60s will clear out from sears and kmart. I could use another hard drive since i bought an extra arcade. So weird not to have a massive storage device.

They only had one left when I got there this morning! Sign said it came with $50 GC too! Its my first 360. My PS3 died 2 months ago and I havent gotten around to replacing it yet. It didnt come with any games but ill just see what they have on sale tomorrow! Thanks!

Im ashamed to admit I am actually glad this deal is dead now. Have been so friggin tempted to buy an arcade but have stopped myself all week at least 2-3 times a day....

Already have a Elite that not even a year old prolly.... and already plan on picking up a slim 360 and keep the Elite for an extra room or something ...just couldnt find a way to make myself have 3 360's ....and still have a ps3 and wii .... funny how sometimes a killer deal makes you fight common sense lol

Went to 3 Targets 2 sold out. One store had 2 in stock but they were the pre spring versions without the 2 free games. Both were made in January and the boxes were pretty beat up. I passed.

bread's done
Back