Xbox Arcade for $130 @ Target + $30 GC

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This deal would work out to be like Amazon's or Walmart's to be about $100 for an Xbox Arcade. However some Target stores are giving $50 GiftCards instead of $30. Apparently the Weekly Ad for Target listed the Xbox Arcade to include a wired headset, to compensate for the error Target has reduce the price an additional $20.

from Target.com:

Includes game console and 1 wireless controller.
The Xbox 360 Arcade game does not include a wired headset. To compensate for this error the price will be further reduced to $130.00. (Value of wired headset is $19.99)

FREE $30 TARGET GIFTCARD® with purchase of this XBOX 360 system! Quantities limited; no rain checks. Terms and conditions apply to GiftCards.

edit: This deal is good again this week. No more $50 GC, only $30 GC now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dakotaSioux']Saw this on slickdeals a little while ago, worked great for me.
$130 + $50 gift card. The wife will hesitate when she sees my hardware until I give her the gift card and turn that frown upside down...you could interpret that any way you see fit :)[/QUOTE]
Bow-chicka-wow-wow ... Dayumn.

Confirmed in the San Diego area as well. I was lucky enough to get the last arcade bundle that had Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata. At first total comes to $147 but after registering the gift card- it lowers the tax to 137 and you still get the $50 gift card. I myself didn't need the xbox either but it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Good luck to all that are looking for this.

Man, I bought 2 and I don't even need them. I just could not help myself. It's such a good deal. They will end up gifts for someone.

I'm interested in what the "new" arcade will have to offer.

This deal is so ridiculous that I want to buy it just because it is that good, but I just can't convince myself of any reason to pick this up.

[quote name='Setreal']This deal is so ridiculous that I want to buy it just because it is that good, but I just can't convince myself of any reason to pick this up.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I'm trying to figure out who has a bday coming up so i can buy it for them.

I would think so , its in this week's weekly ad, so I'd think the deal would be good through Saturday. I'm going first thing in the morning since I get payed tomorrow. Target's website says its still in stock.

question how do you know if some stores are offering a $50GC, is there a sign indicating $50GC?

Or does it automatically give you a $50gc when they scan the xbox at the register?

How much more quite & RRoD-free are the current models? I got an Elite from 2007 (well, not exactly after to 2 replacements...) that sounds like a jet engine & occasionally makes a loud buzzing noise from the disk drive at start up.

[quote name='henry00x']question how do you know if some stores are offering a $50GC, is there a sign indicating $50GC?

Or does it automatically give you a $50gc when they scan the xbox at the register?[/QUOTE]
I'm also wondering the same thing. It says YMMV, but it seems to be working for anyone. Would this count as a glitch? I don't want to look like an idiot scanning it and getting $130 or $150 with a $30 GC.

[quote name='koolmoj']My Target had a tag that had the $130 price and $50 gift card posted right next the systems.[/QUOTE]
Hoping it's the same way at mine. They could change this by morning.

Oh man, I hope this is still there tomorrow. I was planning on getting some RAM for my laptop, but this is impossible to pass up. Here's hoping I can get the bundle and the $50 card.

[quote name='koolmoj']My Target had a tag that had the $130 price and $50 gift card posted right next the systems.[/QUOTE]
Earlier yesterday, I had to get one of the clerks to run a price check before he caught on to the price drop, and they hadn't even put any Spring bundles on display.

[quote name='confoosious']looking at my receipt right now. the gift card number is on it.

slickdealers are assholes and you know better than to listen to them.[/QUOTE]
You are correct. Did you see the thread? In the beginning, the OP wasn't too detailed and basically everybody was shitting on him. Tons o thumbs down. Then when the deal was legit, tons of thumbs up and it made the front page. Haha, forum drama.

I bought one. Not quite sure why. I'll keep it as a backup system for now, but if I can use it as a gift, I will. Or maybe I'll donate it a hospital or something, fuck, it was just a cheap 360 and I wanted it.

[quote name='Jello1996']Getting closer... I'm still holding out for the inevitable $99.99 w/$50 gift card.[/QUOTE]

Unless you already have one, there is no reason to hold out for that long. It's a $30 buck difference on a console system. It's cheaper than a DS. Just do it! (360 is a great system, but it *will* die after 3 years. But by then, they will be even cheaper).

Hmmm...I didn't search the thread, but I don't believe anyone has mentioned this:

Why not go to Best Buy and have them price match Target? Typically, Best Buy will deduct the value of the gift card from the price, which would make the Xbox 360 only $80...which is cheaper than the trade-in value you'd get at GameStop. this would be especially nifty for RZ members, because if you bought 3 consoles, you could trade them in at GameStop and have the credit to purchase your Slim for about $50 cheaper overall, and also have $15 in RZ certificates heading your way ($10 for spending $150 on video game stuff and $5 for spending $250)

Was successful this morning, Arcade scans for $130 then cashier is prompted to scan gift card for $50. Best deal ive ever gotten on a console system.

I didnt even need it but was too good to pass up $135 w/ tax w/ $50 GC, thats a net of $85 for a new xbox. You wont find a better deal than this!

*you can even trade in the xbox at gamestop and get $100 trade in credit for new slim if you want!

I called several Targets in Seattle and they told me the bundle was $199 with $30 GC with no games included, do I have to make them scan the thing to get the most updated price?

[quote name='Phokis']Unless you already have one, there is no reason to hold out for that long. It's a $30 buck difference on a console system. It's cheaper than a DS. Just do it! (360 is a great system, but it *will* die after 3 years. But by then, they will be even cheaper).[/QUOTE]
Even the most recent model?

[quote name='diishen']I called several Targets in Seattle and they told me the bundle was $199 with $30 GC with no games included, do I have to make them scan the thing to get the most updated price?[/QUOTE]

Scan the barcode, or enter the target DCPI number into their price check scanner, if they have one of the newer scanners. It should be $130.00. The customer service rep who answered the phone probably just read the original ad to you.

The deal is legit, I got it myself, but it's no longer the same as originally advertised.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that my Target in Louisiana also had the system for $130 with a $50 gift card. I wasn't sure if the deal would be the same this morning, but it was - I bought mine about an hour ago. The cashier looked confused about the price :applause:

Picked one up this morning. Had to ask them to bring one out from the back since they didn't have any out.

Any suggestions for the best route for picking up a cheap hard drive?

I'm going to check this out after work. Are they doing 50 instead of 30 to match wal-mart? Should I bring in a wal-mart flyer? What do people mean about the deal changing?

thanks

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I'm going to check this out after work. Are they doing 50 instead of 30 to match wal-mart? Should I bring in a wal-mart flyer? What do people mean about the deal changing?

thanks[/QUOTE]

the walmart flyer isn't gonna do you any good.

either it's 50 in your area or it's not.

Because the walmart flyer is not gonna have the price at $130.

[quote name='mailman27']Picked one up this morning. Had to ask them to bring one out from the back since they didn't have any out.

Any suggestions for the best route for picking up a cheap hard drive?[/QUOTE]

Remember that the new Xbox 360 upgrade will also let you use a flash drive up to 16gb. You might be good without one for a short while.

I just realized that the spring bundle should be included in this deal, whether Target knows about it or not. Their site lists the gift card inclusion on the page of it as well, and since they are the same price and have no headset, I see no reason why I should not just ask for one if they refuse it to me.

[quote name='confoosious']the walmart flyer isn't gonna do you any good.

either it's 50 in your area or it's not.

Because the walmart flyer is not gonna have the price at $130.[/QUOTE]

Okay, got it. $30 gift card is still a good enough deal for me to jump on it. :bouncy:

Gonna try to get a spring bundle as well.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']Okay, got it. $30 gift card is still a good enough deal for me to jump on it. :bouncy:

Gonna try to get a spring bundle as well.[/QUOTE]

ask for the spring bundle. if you're nice, they might have one in the back. the lady at my target went to the back to get the spring one she knew was there instead of the regular one.

Missed one by a few mins. Clerk was helping someone with the last one when I got there. There werent any in the back. Oh well, I kinda want a new one anyway if I can scrounge up another $150 of GS credit.

[quote name='confoosious']ask for the spring bundle. if you're nice, they might have one in the back. the lady at my target went to the back to get the spring one she knew was there instead of the regular one.[/QUOTE]
The only ones I saw were Spring Bundles and I got one for the $130 w/ $50 GC.

If you have a dead laptop around the house that you can yoink the hdd out of, pick up a cheap external 2.5" hdd case like this one at newegg for $13 shipped. (Also $13 @ Frys) It will probably say incompatible when you format it but it works anyway. Be sure and use both usb plugs for the extra power needed.

Smokin' deal.

I hate to take this thread off topic, but that is contrary to everything I've been reading about using a laptop drive; granted, the process is still pretty painless, but can you confirm that it "just works"?

Its the Spring 2010 bundle (latest one) -- comes with free Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie games

I was able to price match at Best Buy as usual. I'm a little surprised they don't have my picture up at my BBs....

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I hate to take this thread off topic, but that is contrary to everything I've been reading about using a laptop drive; granted, the process is still pretty painless, but can you confirm that it "just works"?[/QUOTE]
Works fine for me. Install time may be a little longer but read time seems on par with the reg hard drive. I actually have 2 of the Kingwin cases on 2 xboxes. One is silver and that one doesn't power down with the system for some reason but the black one does.

[quote name='crupp']I was able to price match at Best Buy as usual. I'm a little surprised they don't have my picture up at my BBs....[/QUOTE]

Dare I ask what city and state? I'm tempted to do this, just because it's a good deal, not because I need another 360... I'm perfectly content with my PS3 and Wii.

bread's done
Back