Xbox Banning Discussion

A avanber alert?
oh-shit-o.gif

Its too late in the console generation to start over with a PS3 for me.

Maybe a PS4 sometime next year depending on how well PS+ is going by then. Yeah the games are just rentals as long as you pay your yearly fee, but this incident should tell us that digital games from Microsoft are just a different kind of rental.

Guess a new graphics card for my PC will be my black friday gaming purchase this year.

Also Solid Scarecrow, your sig is awesome. It might need another 0 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its too late in the console generation to start over with a PS3 for me.

Maybe a PS4 sometime next year depending on how well PS+ is going by then. Yeah the games are just rentals as long as you pay your yearly fee, but this incident should tell us that digital games from Microsoft are just a different kind of rental.

Guess a new graphics card for my PC will be my black friday gaming purchase this year.

Also Solid Scarecrow, your sig is awesome. It might need another 0 though.
If your tag isn't banned, I'd stick with the 360, not buy anything new, no more digital content, and ride it out until PS4 or until ps4 lowers in price.

wow sorry i sill got mine from back then. Batman returns driving ruled. Willy beamish!
Maybe mine lasted a little longer than 90 days... Willy Beamish is what killed mine. I made it to the factory and it kept freezing in the same spot. It stopped reading discs a few days later. I never beat the game... :(

But Night Trap... as aggravating as that game was, I played the crap out of it. (My parents were awesome back then :lol:)

But Night Trap... as aggravating as that game was, I played the crap out of it. (My parents were awesome back then :lol:)
As cheesy it was I have to agree. Plus correct me if I'm wrong wasn't it the first video game to ever be banned? Granted it was re-issued later but still.

On a lighter note, :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCPL3DJ72tM

So what exactly happened here? Why are people getting banned?
1) Making/using foreign accounts.

2) Downloading free foreign games.

3) Using the $1 for 1 month of xbox live deal.

4) Being on the same IP address as someone else who was banned.

5) Playing on the same console as someone else who was banned.

6) Playing one of the free foreign games.

7) Transferring accounts between regions.

8) Using BOTH the console and profile license for paid content at the same time while on different xbox 360s (while online).

So far, those are all the reasons I have seen for people getting banned.

The first page makes no sense. It just starts off with a quote and someone saying they got banned. I see people talking about switching regions and downloading things, but clearly part of the thread is missing.

Thank you eldergias

I always thought Xbox Live bans were based on arrogance. Clearly, many people want to change the color of their avatar's skin to something other than black, white or Asian. Instead of banning people for it, why not introduce that feature? Hell, charge for it if you want.

I remember an old story about Disneyland in which people were trampling over flowerbeds in a certain spot of the park. Someone mentioned to Walt that they had to build a fence. Instead, Disney built a path because people clearly saw that walking through it was quicker, and it made sense to him anyway.

The first page makes no sense. It just starts off with a quote and someone saying they got banned. I see people talking about switching regions and downloading things, but clearly part of the thread is missing.

Basically these games marked as free in other regions, people from the US and europe would create alternate accounts to get said games, are being banned instead of either M$ sucking it up and forgetting about it, or revoking licenses, they're banning consoles and/or accounts.

I remember an old story about Disneyland in which people were trampling over flowerbeds in a certain spot of the park. Someone mentioned to Walt that they had to build a fence. Instead, Disney built a path because people clearly saw that walking through it was quicker, and it made sense to him anyway.
So you're saying that if Walt Disney had owned MS he would build a path to free games?

1) Making/using foreign accounts.

2) Downloading free foreign games.

3) Using the $1 for 1 month of xbox live deal.

4) Being on the same IP address as someone else who was banned.

5) Playing on the same console as someone else who was banned.

6) Playing one of the free foreign games.

7) Transferring accounts between regions.

8) Using BOTH the console and profile license for paid content at the same time while on different xbox 360s (while online).

So far, those are all the reasons I have seen for people getting banned.
Isn't the $1 for 1 month thing on Microsoft? Doesn't that automatically get offered to you when your XBL account runs out? That's what I've read

Question: Is changing the Xbox Locale against ToS and CoC? Earlier today BF4 was only accessible for people in the UK until around 12pm PST and EVERYONE from reddit to Battlefields main forum were letting people know about this loophole.

Question: Is changing the Xbox Locale against ToS and CoC? Earlier today BF4 was only accessible for people in the UK until around 12pm PST and EVERYONE from reddit to Battlefields main forum were letting people know about this loophole.
If you want to play by MS's definition: you are circumventing regional content locks for personal benefit. Considering that is the main reason they have given for banning people, then everyone who downloaded that game from another region should be banned, according to MS.

I think this thread began as posts moved out of other threads (free marketplace content, XBLA sales), which is why it starts in the middle of a discussion. Some posts might still be in those other threads, or were deleted before it started looking like this was a pretty widespread and targeted use of the banhammer.

Maybe mine lasted a little longer than 90 days... Willy Beamish is what killed mine. I made it to the factory and it kept freezing in the same spot. It stopped reading discs a few days later. I never beat the game... :(

Mine kept freezing nonstop on willy to. I switched games soon after that. Corey Haim in that rocked. That game was hard to find.

Yes pretty sure hate to see more new people screwed. I am shocked sites are posting this stuff still ms now bans for that stuff.

Funny MS planted so many land mines for people to step onto. Most are unmarked and some are even labeled as SAFE by support team. What a malicious company.

Yeah why i bought a new one since used are now unknown and can be banned hours or months later. Wish you luck.
Thanks man, I will most likely buy at a store though instead of online, so at least I could come back and say it's not functioning properly if it's already banned.

Looking through my download history on the website, some games I don't even remember buying on there from 2011. lol

Thanks man, I will most likely buy at a store though instead of online, so at least I could come back and say it's not functioning properly if it's already banned.
Get a warranty you could have it banned months later and regular return window closed. $179 4gb new with $50 promo creds on amazon. I went with the bundle and i feel like i killed my gamer soul buying it.

Get a warranty you could have it banned months later and regular return window closed. $179 4gb new with $50 promo creds on amazon. I went with the bundle and i feel like i killed my gamer soul buying it.

I wish I wasn't so poor right now. Best Buy and GameStop both have the $50 credit as well.

I just found this and thought it was slightly relevent so I am posting it here:

How do I change my account location?

You can move your Microsoft account from the region it’s associated with now to any other region up to one time every three months. However, after your Microsoft account transitions, the currency in your account will not move with you, so be sure to spend your currency before you change your account location!

This specifically says you can change your account region to any other account region.  It does not say you actually have to live there or any other requirement, it specifically says you are allowed to change regions.

Won't have quite that much to spend, I'll basically have enough just to get the cheapest machine gamestop has + gamestop warranty.

If you bought yours within the past year, even if it's banned from this ordeal, the warranty is still valid when it comes to the RROD. *hint hint* ;)

You can move your Microsoft account from the region it’s associated with now to any other region up to one time every three months. However, after your Microsoft account transitions, the currency in your account will not move with you, so be sure to spend your currency before you change your account location!

This specifically says you can change your account region to any other account region. It does not say you actually have to live there or any other requirement, it specifically says you are allowed to change regions.
That's what I did. I didn't even start out with another region account. I started out with a US and migrated.

This specifically says you can change your account region to any other account region. It does not say you actually have to live there or any other requirement, it specifically says you are allowed to change regions.
Yeah either ms is so disorganized or they try to confuse people and can ban them later for profit or not. The people not banned yet can be banned anytime still. They might do the end of week bans or just random waves. I say cross your fingers and play normally. I and others wish you luck.

I remember oct to end of dec was a normal time for the big ban waves to.

You know that app sales and specials those do no go in my download history. I bought a lot of stuff in it to.

Since they've banned my console last Thursday I really haven't been in the mood to play anymore so now I'm just watching anime .I've already watched Le chevalier d'on and Suzuka am currently about to start up gun x sword -_-

bread's done
Back