Xbox Banning Discussion

It's funny how out of sync everybody is at Microsoft. Support says it's okay yet XBLPET treats you like a criminal and says it's fraud.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/375263771230339072
Support plays dumb just say it is fraud and will be banned. They seem to be a evil ninja and hope they do it and more profit for them when they ban them. I was lied to 3 times they just want people banned to raise sales. Nice timing for these bans cause of the $50 promo on consoles. I just hope they look bad for this in a well known paper or something.

Oh i had a friend banned doing same thing he contacted support and they told him off and banned his main account right away. The idiot gave his main tag to them.

GTA5 no popups on the 360 the ps3 was bad... So i am buying a new console for gta5 alone. Now to get $179 E 4gb or $249 250gb s bundle. My 250gb was full before those free games so i need 320gb. I might go 4gb with 16gb usb just play gta5 w crew.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather deal with popups than with mass bannings then crawl back to the same people.
Well the ps3 was real bad playing on a new ps3 ac3 slim 500gb. I love hitting stuff that was not there. I hate ms but the 360 console is the best at most times. It came down to me loving the 360 ver and not the ps3. My brain tells me to bail but my heart loves the gta5 360 ver. To each there own but forget xbox one ps4 ftw!

Support plays dumb just say it is fraud and will be banned. They seem to be a evil ninja and hope they do it and more profit for them when they ban them. I was lied to 3 times they just want people banned to raise sales. Nice timing for these bans cause of the $50 promo on consoles. I just hope they look bad for this in a well known paper or something.

Oh i had a friend banned doing same thing he contacted support and they told him off and banned his main account right away. The idiot gave his main tag to them.

GTA5 no popups on the 360 the ps3 was bad... So i am buying a new console for gta5 alone. Now to get $179 E 4gb or $249 250gb s bundle. My 250gb was full before those free games so i need 320gb. I might go 4gb with 16gb usb just play gta5 w crew.
buy the 4gb arcade and get a 320 gb off ebay.

I Really just wish MS would remove the ability for this to even happen or send people 1 warning before a ban on console or account. Enjoy the gif.

itabux1WyOpCQ.gif

I Really just wish MS would remove the ability for this to even happen or send people 1 warning before a ban on console or account. Enjoy the gif.

itabux1WyOpCQ.gif
Ha! That's great. Still haven't been account/console banned.. must be a really long list or something.

at the risk of getting flamed on this thread here, can i honestly ask why does anyone think microsoft shouldn't ban them for going out of their way to make another fake foreign account to take advantage of these free games? if you think about it, it is a form of piracy. it's not an exploit if you had to go out of your way to make another account to take advantage. if they listed a game by mistake for free on the US XBL marketplace and all american accounts took advantage of it and they banned them then that's another story.

i've been console banned on my old phat xbox360 because I modded it to play pirated games - i never even played online on XBL on that console and when the hammer finally came for me I wasn't even mad that they console-banned me. i was just thankful they didn't account-ban me. what i did was wrong - so I suffered the consequences.

how can people think that they should be entitled to a second chance? i mean you do have a second chance - buy another xbox and make another account. if you're "threatening" to go ps4, i don't think they really give a shit because the people that took advantage of this exploit is probably 0.001% of their XBL subscribers. If anything they probably want to thin out the herd and get rid of the "Bad members" before a launch of XBone.

at the risk of getting flamed on this thread here, can i honestly ask why does anyone think microsoft shouldn't ban them for going out of their way to make another fake foreign account to take advantage of these free games? if you think about it, it is a form of piracy. it's not an exploit if you had to go out of your way to make another account to take advantage. if they listed a game by mistake for free on the US XBL marketplace and all american accounts took advantage of it and they banned them then that's another story.

i've been console banned on my old phat xbox360 because I modded it to play pirated games - i never even played online on XBL on that console and when the hammer finally came for me I wasn't even mad that they console-banned me. i was just thankful they didn't account-ban me. what i did was wrong - so I suffered the consequences.

how can people think that they should be entitled to a second chance? i mean you do have a second chance - buy another xbox and make another account. if you're "threatening" to go ps4, i don't think they really give a shit because the people that took advantage of this exploit is probably 0.001% of their XBL subscribers. If anything they probably want to thin out the herd and get rid of the "Bad members" before a launch of XBone.
i was going to flame you but since you already said that i'll give up. just want to point out you are contradicting yourself as you declared it was not an exploit and then said it was an exploit later.

there is no "threatening" to go to ps4. many people already made the decision after seeing microsoft treated their most devoted gamers like crap, including this guy. xbox one is still going to be successful. i have no doubt of that. it's just that i want to stay away from this malicious company.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i think this kind of overkill is despicable, disgusting, and malicious. if you think creating a new account to buy something from the store which is labeled as free is the same thing as modding your console and playing pirated games. that's fine.

If you did not mention you were and most likely still a pirate i would read yet another attack on people that got banned. If ms high tier and other reps tells me i can do it and will not get you banned i have no clue i would get banned. I suggest reading posts before attacking people on here. Have some respect.

I bet PR from MS are on forums trolling and trying to make things look better for ms. If you think companies do not do this well google is awesome to learn new things.

So if I play the games I bought from Hungary offline, then I shouldn't have any problem's, right?

No... They're viewing that transaction as the bannable offense, not the playing of games as far as I can tell.
I Figured the purchase would be my problem, but just seeing if I tempt fate further by firing up any of those games even offline since whatever the last update they did made this easier for them to find these supposed problems.

They got caught saying wont get banned rofl
People should seriously complain about this. If you got enough people, chances are they can revert the ban. Seriously though, how many people got banned? They're likely to lose out on future hundreds of thousands of dollars on people who no longer wanna buy Xbox games.

People should seriously complain about this. If you got enough people, chances are they can revert the ban. Seriously though, how many people got banned? They're likely to lose out on future hundreds of thousands of dollars on people who no longer wanna buy Xbox games.
Yup this is best proof ms lied to us. I seen this tweet before doing it actually but lost link. The tweets are picking up.

I've been tweeting them even though I have no bans and I hope many other do as well. I also think if enough people complain and say hey look the official Xbox support account said it was fine they might reverse some bans. Wishful thinking probably but it can't hurt. They're seriously like talking to a brick wall though.

i love how support tries to act like because enforcement is a seperate division they have nothing to do with them,youd think they both work for seperate companies.

I've been tweeting them even though I have no bans and I hope many other do as well. I also think if enough people complain and say hey look the official Xbox support account said it was fine they might reverse some bans. Wishful thinking probably but it can't hurt. They're seriously like talking to a brick wall though.
If we keep going it might force there hand but at least they deserve bad pr.

Try to tweet big game sites, too, like IGN. They need to give attention to this nonsense.

Try to tweet big game sites, too, like IGN. They need to give attention to this nonsense.

Definitely this. Someone should jump on this. I'll start doing it as soon as I get on my computer cause I'm doing everything from my phone.

But yeah I'm still tweeting the hell out of there Twitter page right now. More people should jump on this right now though.

I posted this info to sites like xbox360achievements and trueachievements forums but seems like my post wasn't posted for some reason. I just posted my guess on how it might be easier for MS to find culprits of downloading the free games especially when users of those sites including this site have their gamer tags as their signatures. It's so easy for us to search online and find info on free content and it leads to these sites, MS can do the same thing and also find users that uses the same gaming profiles, as user names and sigs or what not. I'm just giving a heads up, people should be careful before they admit to downloading something especially if your gamer profiles are right there for everyone to see.

I haven't got bit by the ban bug yet. I'm pretty surprised especially when I made like 5+ different accounts from different regions to get all the free games except Sherlock. I did take extra precautions when I made the dummy emails and dummy accounts. I made sure the locations I entered really exist and the names I used were as real as it can get, no names like Bart Simpson or what not. I'm not sure what I did but I was able to share Angry Birds, but that might not be the culprit game. Looks like it were the Oman games huh. Speaking about Oman, I guarantee the free games were available on other regions like Andorra.

Anyway, I'm read that people found out they got banned is when they signed on their dummy accounts? I'm guessing when you signed on to those accounts that's like calling the MS moderators. Once I downloaded the free games, I deleted the profile only and never planned on signing back on. Actually I did sign back on a couple times to download more games I missed out, but quickly deleted the profile right after. And I don't know if this helped me dodge the ban bullet, but I have my main account saved on a USB flash not on my console.

If I get banned I'll make sure to ask on the official Xbox forum why, just for the hell of it. I will also ask if this ban will affect my profiles on the Xbox One. When they say yes, I'll tell them I'm going to cancel my Xbox One order because of it. I advise others to post the same, that if their ban affects their experience for the Xbox One, they will cancel their order. I know it might not do crap, but don't ever doubt the user base especially the Xbox user base especially when MS have been doing a 180. This should be a console ban not a profile ban in my opinion, fcuk that, I think it should have been just a suspension. Anyway, I hope they will continue to reverse the bans. Good luck to everyone. I know this gaming community just wanted to share deals and free stuff. Don't let this stop that, just take caution when posting. Thanks to the users who lists all the deals and freebies.

Definitely this. Someone should jump on this. I'll start doing it as soon as I get on my computer cause I'm doing everything from my phone.

But yeah I'm still tweeting the hell out of there Twitter page right now. More people should jump on this right now though.
Same :) This is are best chance to win the battle. Freedom of speech ftw!

get the old slim bundle, better quality

If I get banned I'll make sure to ask on the official Xbox forum why, just for the hell of it. I will also ask if this ban will affect my profiles on the Xbox One. When they say yes, I'll tell them I'm going to cancel my Xbox One order because of it. I advise others to post the same, that if their ban affects their experience for the Xbox One, they will cancel their order. I know it might not do crap, but don't ever doubt the user base especially the Xbox user base especially when MS have been doing a 180. This should be a console ban not a profile ban in my opinion, fcuk that, I think it should have been just a suspension. Anyway, I hope they will continue to reverse the bans. Good luck to everyone. I know this gaming community just wanted to share deals and free stuff. Don't let this stop that, just take caution when posting. Thanks to the users who lists all the deals and freebies.
you wont even be able to get that far,theyll just post a copy/paste response and lock the thread.

[quote name="DrKite" post="11102390" timestamp="1380608725"]
Same :) This is are best chance to win the battle. Freedom of speech ftw![/quote]I posted in a GFs thread asking people to jump in on this injustice. (Lol had to)

Its 3 AM here, so that could explain enough. People may have to be patient but I do believe at least the main accounts will get unbanned if enough people do this.

Yeah. 1/4 to 3 here. My main account wasn't banned, but my console is. And f*** if I should have to buy a new box. I can't afford that.

More facts about my MAIN ACCOUNT & CONSOLE BAN.

I was banned on Friday, 9/20.

My Account is stored on a USB flash drive and has been for months now.

My time stamp for the "marketplace theft" violation was in my e-mail BEFORE my alt. "offending" account was e-mailed and banned.

They went after my main account hours before the Rayman "foreign" account.

My account is also SILVER and has been since mid-July.  I have 14-day trial codes that I was using as needed.

My account is on a flash drive because I'm routinely switching between HDDs.

I use an old style phat Xbox that I purchased in 2012 -- refurbished (cowboom) ....  haha, I just realized I purchased the 2-year protection plan.  Hmmm.

Return that sucker :) I do not trust used someone might get it flagged then sell then randomly console ban for new owners right before xmas ban wave. It happens enough i bet...

Someone posted twitter link on katoku comments nice! Nevermind it was deleted lol

You key was stuck when you typed "are" instead of "our"? Riiiiiight. I like snickerdoodles by the way.
You spelled right wrong now can we be friends? I prefer walnuts cause i can crack those all day! rofl

Dang 13 members 51 guests lol

bread's done
Back