Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Deal

Dammit just went to Costco.com to order my son the $95 2-year Gold code and my order got cancelled saying "Quantity limits on item exceeded". I only every ordered one before and it says Limit 3 on the product page.  WTF!?

Oof, so I miscalculated and now have a few 3 month Ultimate cards that I can't enter yet, because I'm at my 3 year max limit.

Am I okay keeping the cards and entering them later when I can top it off? The codes won't expire or anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oof, so I miscalculated and now have a few 3 month Ultimate cards that I can't enter yet, because I'm at my 3 year max limit.

Am I okay keeping the cards and entering them later when I can top it off? The codes won't expire or anything?
You should be okay.

Hey so I’m new to this conversion trick, could someone help me out? I read through the thread and want to verify I understand.

I currently just pay $10/month for regular GamePass and don’t have Gold (single player games have my heart). I have the offer to upgrade for $1 on my dashboard to Ultimate. When I go through the prompts, it says “Joining XGPU will upgrade your remaining XBL, Xbox Game Pass, or EA Play memberships into XGPU at the current conversion ratio, up to 36 months.”

So if I buy three years of XBL, add it to my account, and do this deal, I’d get 3 years of XGPU for.. $36? $1/month? Seems too good to be true, which is why I’m asking for clarification.

Hey so I’m new to this conversion trick, could someone help me out? I read through the thread and want to verify I understand.

So if I buy three years of XBL, add it to my account, and do this deal, I’d get 3 years of XGPU for.. $36? $1/month? Seems too good to be true, which is why I’m asking for clarification.
Let's assume you have nothing to start. You buy 12 months gold for $60 and activate it. You see the offer on the xbox for $1. You pay $1 once, and your 12 gold months get converted to 12 months of Ultimate. $61 for a year of Ultimate.

You can only convert once I believe, and you can't have more than 3 years of Ultimate.

When I converted, I had a year of gold and a year of gamepass already which converted to 2 years of Ultimate. My son only had a couple of months of gold left with no gamepass, so we went out and bought 2 years of gold, added it to his account and then converted for a $1. He had 2 yrs.+ of Ultimate as a result.

Has anyone converted a child from their family account with ultimate game pass on it to their own account by removing them and then done the conversion ? I have my kids on my account now but we are getting a third Xbox for Xmas and I’ll need a second gamepass account. So was going to setup my oldest as an independent account.

Has anyone converted a child from their family account with ultimate game pass on it to their own account by removing them and then done the conversion ? I have my kids on my account now but we are getting a third Xbox for Xmas and I’ll need a second gamepass account. So was going to setup my oldest as an independent account.
I'm pretty shocked that you still have a family account. I thought they did away with Gold family accounts years ago. Maybe I don't understand your phrasing. If you just have kids' Microsoft accounts that are supervised under your adult Microsoft account (called family members) for game restrictions, etc., you don't need to remove them from that for the conversion or anything else. I have kids accounts under mine and I'm able to do anything with them that a normal account can do. I did the $1 gamepass conversion awhile ago for multiple kids accounts. I assume it still works the same.

Nah, they don't do take-backs so the method is to turn it off, add time and turn back on for the extra month ad naseum. Seems to only work for newer subs because I could never replicate that deal anymore on my account through various attempts while adding time nowadays. I'm solid for 3 years though thanks to the EA Play glitch that was fixed.
please confirm that i undersand this correctly:

if i turn off auto-renew, add a 3 month code, then turn auto-renew back on, i will get the bonus 4th month? ... then can i turn it back off immediately?

thanks,

garrett

Yes, turn it off first. When you redeem, the system should ask you if you want to turn it on and get another month for free and then turn it off again.

FYI - When I redeemed a code a year ago, I got the option for auto pay which I turned on and got another month. I turned it off and redeemed another code  right after but it didn't give the option for another free month so you may want to wait a day or so to redeem a second if you have it.

Yes, turn it off first. When you redeem, the system should ask you if you want to turn it on and get another month for free and then turn it off again.

FYI - When I redeemed a code a year ago, I got the option for auto pay which I turned on and got another month. I turned it off and redeemed another code right after but it didn't give the option for another free month so you may want to wait a day or so to redeem a second if you have it.
I think more likely they just caught on lol. I haven't really heard of people being able to use the trick anymore with any real frequency other than the first time, if that. MS has been exuberantly generous with their subs, but I think we're starting to see that shift towards maintaining vs attracting people.

Let's assume you have nothing to start. You buy 12 months gold for $60 and activate it. You see the offer on the xbox for $1. You pay $1 once, and your 12 gold months get converted to 12 months of Ulitmate. $61 for a year of Ultimate.

You can only convert once I believe, and you can't have more than 3 years of Ultimate.

When I converted, I had a year of gold and a year of gamepass already which converted to 2 years of Ultimate. My son only had a couple of months of gold left with no gamepass, so we went out and bought 2 years of gold, added it to his account and then converted for a $1. He had 2 yrs.+ of Ultimate as a result.
Thank you for this. That’s a phenomenal deal, and I will be doing that. I’ve been away from CAG for a bit, but these are the kinds of things that always bring me back to this site. Appreciate the help!

I'm pretty shocked that you still have a family account. I thought they did away with Gold family accounts years ago. Maybe I don't understand your phrasing. If you just have kids' Microsoft accounts that are supervised under your adult Microsoft account (called family members) for game restrictions, etc., you don't need to remove them from that for the conversion or anything else. I have kids accounts under mine and I'm able to do anything with them that a normal account can do. I did the $1 gamepass conversion awhile ago for multiple kids accounts. I assume it still works the same.
I meant my kids were in my microsoft family and could play on my gold membership, not the old school family plan where you paid extra for that.

I think more likely they just caught on lol. I haven't really heard of people being able to use the trick anymore with any real frequency other than the first time, if that. MS has been exuberantly generous with their subs, but I think we're starting to see that shift towards maintaining vs attracting people.

2 nights ago I was set to expire 6/9/2022. Can’t remember if auto renew was on or off. I entered code for 3 month card. It asked me if I wanted to do an extra month free by turning on auto renewal. I said yes and new expiration was 10/9/2022. I immediately put in a second three month code without turning anything on or off. It asked me again if I want a free month by turning auto renewal on. Said yes. Extended me to 2/9/2023.

Just got my son 3 years of Gold from Costco for $150 total.  ($95 for 2 years and $55 for 1 year).  It was kind of a hassle as my orders were getting auto-cancelled for the 2-year code.  It says "Limit 3" on the page but apparently my single order from a week or so back when I added to my own account meant they cancelled any subsequent orders.  I got it cleared up over a long phone call, but it looks like they special ordered the second one for me.  It took the rep about 25 mins of talking to other people to sort it out and reorder for me.  Fortunately, once they did that the code came quick.

In any case, got the 3 years on his account.  I just turned down the free month with auto-renewal when I redeemed the 1 year code.  Then I did the $1 upgrade to GPU, and he's now set till Nov. 25th, 2023. 

So, yeah, just to triple confirm, but the 1-for-1 deal on converting Gold membership is still happening.

FYI - When I redeemed a code a year ago, I got the option for auto pay which I turned on and got another month. I turned it off and redeemed another code right after but it didn't give the option for another free month so you may want to wait a day or so to redeem a second if you have it.
Thanks! I ordered one digital and one physical. added the code and it offered me the extra month. when i get the card, i'll wait a bit before adding it as i currently have until next November.

- garrett

Damn I was going to redeem some MIcrosoft reward points for target gift cards but they are taking forever to send it. I've always gotten these things instantly from them but it's been 2 hours now. By the time they do send it that GPU will probably be sold out at Target.

Hmmm... I feel like I should load up on the Target deal but I'd have to save the codes for a few months to use.  I don't like saving digital codes for 4-8 months like that. What would happen if they just didn't work?

I was able to PM this in-store tonight; wanted a physical card since receipts fade and I don't want to keep track of a picture of the receipt. That'll cap me at 3 years in another month so I'd say I'm good for a while.

Has anybody got their codes from Target yet? I ordered 3 GPU from Target yesterday and still haven't received the email yet.
Hmm, hope they didn't oversell... I normally get everything digital within one hour, and have yet to receive the single code I ordered. We shall see.

Has anybody got their codes from Target yet? I ordered 3 GPU from Target yesterday and still haven't received the email yet.
I've gotten two so far (they came at the same time last night a few hours after I placed my order) and am still waiting on the third.

I bought the $100 / Apple Card’s from target with a $20 target gift card deal and it took almost 2 days until I got the codes.

Be patient, they’ll come.

Question: how long does the target link last for these cards? I would like to keep them and not use them for a while. How long do i have?

I ordered at Target shortly after it went live. Support told me they had a technical issue that delayed some digital gift card orders that has been resolved but they’re still working through the backlog of affected orders. Said codes should be sent for all orders by end of day Friday.

I may just buy 2 more physical cards from Best Buy and have them shipped.  Saves me the trip for store pickup and I feel better about storing cards in a drawer and using them 4-8 months later than a code in an email.  $8 extra for 2 codes and peace of mind I guess ;).  OR... I could be patient and assume we'll get deals on these things next year when I'll still have 2 years left on my sub and can top it off then.  BUT... I also figure at some point this will go up in price and/or there will be less deals (just like Gold is now).  Once MS gets everyone hooked the deals will become fewer and lesser.

But then maybe I'm overthinking things.

To those who got the "turn on auto-renewal" more than once for a free month, are you redeeming it on the Xbox app?

I only got it last night. my 2nd code just now and it didnt work

PSA: For those who have access to the Microsoft Company Store, they have the 12-month and 24-month Xbox Live Gold subs back in stock now for those who want to convert for cheap.

Uhhhh so funny thing, I ordered 3 last night and I've received 5 from the same order over the course of the day (with two codes on my order still not marked having been sent). Has this happened to anyone else?

So my subscription ends on December 6, 2020.  I have several 3 month codes to use.  Any reason to hold off until my sub ends before I use the codes?  Any chance for a $1 resub once it expires?

Uhhhh so funny thing, I ordered 3 last night and I've received 5 from the same order over the course of the day (with two codes on my order still not marked having been sent). Has this happened to anyone else?
Same. I ordered 2, got 4. Two of them gave the "free month for auto renew" thing, so I ended up with 14 months total for $40 plus tax. Happy Black Friday everyone!

Same. I ordered 2, got 4. Two of them gave the "free month for auto renew" thing, so I ended up with 14 months total for $40 plus tax. Happy Black Friday everyone!
Same. I ordered 3 andgot 6 so now I’m good until December 2022. I wonder if this still works....

And just got a sixth. The timing of how these are coming in makes me think someone is manually fulfilling these codes and they're definitely messing it up

Yeeeea me too ordered 3 received 6. Also, the order page on my account said only one had been sent.

FYI - Costco also has it for $20 (after adding to cart) if you’re a member there. I’m tempted to get more to go beyond 2027, but that seems excessive.

https://www.costco.com/xbox-game-pass-ultimate:whistle2:3-month-membership-digital-code.product.100524110.html
Wait. Does it stack more than 3 years? I thought it didn't.

I cannot find any info about this on the web - it's all about the 3 year max that you can *convert*. But I'm talking once i convert - can I then add more beyond 3 years?? Because if so I'll buy a few of these $20 deals and stack 'em on if I don't have to wait till have space under 3 years.

Wait. Does it stack more than 3 years? I thought it didn't.

I cannot find any info about this on the web - it's all about the 3 year max that you can *convert*. But I'm talking once i convert - can I then add more beyond 3 years?? Because if so I'll buy a few of these $20 deals and stack 'em on if I don't have to wait till have space under 3 years.
It doesn't stack more than 3 years. I think he's saying that he has enough to last him until 2027.

It doesn't stack more than 3 years. I think he's saying that he has enough to last him until 2027.
Ah, OK. Good to know. But wow that info is hard to find from any official source. I'm certainly not going to sit on emailed codes for years on end though ;).

Ordered one from Target only got one I might try and get a $20 physical one from GS a little later today but I doubt they will have any left by the time I venture out.

Yeah - same happened at Target with iTunes. Got $200 ordered $100. We have received two Xbox Ultimate so far with just one order.

bread's done
Back