Xbox Games on Demand sale 75% off

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!
http://majornelson.com/2012/06/14/june-19-25-games-on-demand-sale/

June 19 – July 2 Games on Demand Sale

the sale has been extended!

These deals will be available in all Xbox LIVE regions where the title is available.

$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Alone in the Dark
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bolt
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bomberman Act: Zero
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
$3.99 (normally $13.99) 73% off Conan
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Dark Void
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off FaceBreaker
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Kameo
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Meet the Robinsons
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Open Season
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Perfect Dark Zero
$4.99 (normally $14.99) 73% off Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Rockstar Table Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off SEGA Superstars Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Surf’s Up
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Tornado Outbreak
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Virtua Tennis 2009
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Viva Pinata Party Animals

I think Prince of Persia and Conan are great at this price!

Last edited by a moderator:
not every og xbox game is backwards compatible and many of the bc ones have bugs/glitches when played on 360. theres a wiki page with the list.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']you can already do xbox originals on the 360......but yiu can also run the game disc in the system too seeing as 360s are backwards compatible[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']you can already do xbox originals on the 360......but yiu can also run the game disc in the system too seeing as 360s are backwards compatible[/QUOTE]

only very few games are bc not all

[quote name='killer9']only very few games are bc not all[/quote]

more then half are. So how is that very few?

[quote name='technicalstylez']not every og xbox game is backwards compatible and many of the bc ones have bugs/glitches when played on 360. theres a wiki page with the list.[/QUOTE]

I'd say about 90% of Xbox titles can be played on the 360. Only 2 of the 40or so I own aren't compatible.

Edit: ok so it looks like uts a little over half, but the list on the wikia isn't complete unless Kotor and Kotor 2 are no longer backwards compatible.

Strange choice of b/c titles at that. For example, Aquaman is b/c while The Warriors is not. Go figure.

Also, Conan is worth it at this price. Shameless yet decent God of War ripoff. With Conan.

[quote name='DarkPGR']Don't get me wrong, I like PS+ (have a subscription active right now), but I would rather own the games (as in pay once, keep them forever) than own them only for as long as I can afford the subscription.[/QUOTE]

If you pay for the game(s) you DO keep them even if you let your PS+ subscription lapse. What you don't keep are the games you didn't pay for in the first place. As an example, when Resident Evil 4 was released PS+ members got a discount on the purchase price. I paid for it at the discount price so even when I let my PS+ subscription lapse for a few weeks it didn't matter, I was still able to play it since I purchased it and owned it. I'm not sure what you're point is. The way you have it worded misrepresents the way the service actually works.

[quote name='nadohawk']You do know that the Xbox 360 has a smaller version of the Cell, right?[/QUOTE]

That is actually not true. Part of the Cell R&D went into creating the CPU that powers the Xbox 360 (which was made by IBM) but it is NOT entirely based on the Cell. It is a much easier to program, normal architecture.

[quote name='VinZuku']If you pay for the game(s) you DO keep them even if you let your PS+ subscription lapse. What you don't keep are the games you didn't pay for in the first place. As an example, when Resident Evil 4 was released PS+ members got a discount on the purchase price. I paid for it at the discount price so even when I let my PS+ subscription lapse for a few weeks it didn't matter, I was still able to play it since I purchased it and owned it. I'm not sure what you're point is. The way you have it worded misrepresents the way the service actually works.[/QUOTE]

I know, the point wasn't about the PS+ discounts (which 99% of the time are the exact same as Xbox LIVE Gold or even general Xbox LIVE Deals) but about the PS+ "free" games (which some people claimed to be a better deal than the Games on Demand sale, which it isn't).

[quote name='DarkPGR']That is actually not true. Part of the Cell R&D went into creating the CPU that powers the Xbox 360 (which was made by IBM) but it is NOT entirely based on the Cell. It is a much easier to program, normal architecture.

I know, the point wasn't about the PS+ discounts (which 99% of the time are the exact same as Xbox LIVE Gold or even general Xbox LIVE Deals) but about the PS+ "free" games (which some people claimed to be a better deal than the Games on Demand sale, which it isn't).[/QUOTE]

actually it is the games on demand sale is bad the titles all blow

[quote name='killer9']actually it is the games on demand sale is bad the titles all blow[/QUOTE]

Bionic Commando
Bomberman Act: Zero
Dark Void
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero
Prince of Persia
Rockstar Table Tennis
SEGA Superstars Tennis
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Viva Pinata Party Animals

For $5 or less, you can't go wrong with any of those titles, which is half of the list right there (Bold = own, Italic = Played). Wish I could say the same for the PS+ rentals, I mean, "Free" games or the deals on both XBL and PSN.

I'm picking up Conan and if you have kids who liked the movie, Cloud With A Chance of Meatballs is kinda fun too.

[quote name='confoosious']don't feed the troll.

I'm picking up Conan and if you have kids who liked the movie, Cloud With A Chance of Meatballs is kinda fun too.[/QUOTE]

WHats Conan all about? I read somewhere in this thread that it was God of War with Conan? That means is a beat em up, or an unnecesarily violent and gory game about killing your father? :p

ANd about Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, is it the typical terribad movie game that is little more than a bad adventure platformer with random objects collection and movie scenes or is it actually good?

[quote name='DarkPGR']WHats Conan all about? I read somewhere in this thread that it was God of War with Conan? That means is a beat em up, or an unnecesarily violent and gory game about killing your father? :p

ANd about Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, is it the typical terribad movie game that is little more than a bad adventure platformer with random objects collection and movie scenes or is it actually good?[/QUOTE]

For $4 the description of god of war clone with Conan sold me.

As for cloudy, no one is gonna mistake it for a good game but as far as kids games go, it could be worse. Just standard simple platformer.

[quote name='DarkPGR']I know, the point wasn't about the PS+ discounts (which 99% of the time are the exact same as Xbox LIVE Gold or even general Xbox LIVE Deals) but about the PS+ "free" games (which some people claimed to be a better deal than the Games on Demand sale, which it isn't).[/QUOTE]

It's all subjective anyway. Right now you could pay $39.99 for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine on Xbox's Games on Demand service or get it "free" as a PS+ subscriber. If you're not a PS+ subscriber you'd also be paying $39.99. If you want to play that game AND you're a PS+ subscriber then that's pretty awesome for you, right? If you wanted to play Conan and you were a Gold subscriber then that'd be awesome because you could pick it up for $4.99. You make it sound like one service is obviously better than the other when, in actuality, the person who loses out is whoever doesn't have both, right?

i personally prefer the upgradeable combat system in conan over god of war's.
it just feels so, barbaric.

i paid 60 for it -ps3- at launch and have no regrets. can't wait to play thru on 360, especially since most of it will be paid for with the ms points from once upon a monster and kinect sports.

don't play conan in front of kids though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIYmxO72XXU&feature=relmfu

[quote name='confoosious']For $4 the description of god of war clone with Conan sold me.

As for cloudy, no one is gonna mistake it for a good game but as far as kids games go, it could be worse. Just standard simple platformer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Yanksfan']It is a series that has stagnated over the years. Have you played a lot of VT, especially when it came out on the Dreamcast? If so, then you know what to expect here.

If you haven't, it is a fun and decent tennis game. Either way, the game itself is worth $5, but your appreciation of it will definitely vary based off of your mood for a tennis game right now and how much you have been exposed to the series.

It is repetitive, but in a manner, it is also kind of the point of the game. It definitely isn't for everyone (or probably most people), and if you were grated by the repetition in the demo, then likely this would be a bad purchase for you. There are numerous moves to unlock and I found a lot of satisfaction in mastering the combat system and swinging through herds of enemies completely destroying them.

The graphics don't bother me in the slightest, though they definitely are not top notch. The game was released over five years ago and it wasn't a powerhouse even then.[/QUOTE]

I played and loved Top Spin 2. Never got the other Top Spin games, course they aren't $5 either. So It's worth $5... might grab it out of all these games then. Thanks!

best buy had top spin 4 for 5 bucks over the holidays. u might wanna keep an eye on it. my copy is still sealed lol

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I played and loved Top Spin 2. Never got the other Top Spin games, course they aren't $5 either. So It's worth $5... might grab it out of all these games then. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Cool. Will be redeeming some Bing Rewards points and grabbing Conan then. Thanks!

(I just remembered I had points on Bing Rewards, plus Xbox LIVE Rewards, have enough for 2 free games :p)

Conan is a good game, beat it and traded it in years ago. I'll buy the games on demand version this week.

Maybe I'll snag a few of those movie tie-in games, I'm a cheevo junkie.

[quote name='nadohawk']You do know that the Xbox 360 has a smaller version of the Cell, right?[/QUOTE]

Define 'smaller'.

The PS3 has a big core that hands off orders to 6 dumbed down little cores.

The 360 has 3 'big' cores.

Next gen consoles will all model the 360 (x fully capable cores).

It's that part about 'hands off orders' that will make the PS3 impossible to emulate, along with the fact that the little cores are 'dumbed down' (can't look ahead, directly access system memory, etc), and finally the fact that those 'little cores' have idiot savant capabilities for certain types of calculations.

Maybe I'm wrong though. We'll find out soon enough.

[quote name='DarkPGR']Bionic Commando
Bomberman Act: Zero
Dark Void
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero
Prince of Persia
Rockstar Table Tennis
SEGA Superstars Tennis
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Viva Pinata Party Animals

For $5 or less, you can't go wrong with any of those titles, which is half of the list right there (Bold = own, Italic = Played). Wish I could say the same for the PS+ rentals, I mean, "Free" games or the deals on both XBL and PSN.[/QUOTE]

Did you just recommend Party Animals?... you realise that games not made by Rare? I've never played it, but it reminds me of something bad being simultaneously released with a dreamworks movie.

I kind of want to get Bomberman Act Zero just because I never got to experience how bad it was, and now that hudson is having financial troubles I feel obligated... Maybe I'll just wait for a deal on Bomberman Battlefest and pretend I never saw this though.

[quote name='irafreak']To me having the Game on the harddrive is a plus. I install all the games I'm currently playing anyway to save on load time. People talk about too lazy to change a disc. That's not the point. The point is I'm sick of having to keep all those lousy cases in a box in my closet. I'm sick of having all those discs in a wallet that occassionally my two year old gets into.

Now I can have the game without all the clutter and don't have to worry about trying to sell it for a few dollars (because I will clutter my house keeping those stupid cases at the thought of being able to sell the game sometime down the road)[/QUOTE]

Trying to sell it for a few dollars? Sure, it may be a few dollars if you only buy games here and there but for people that buy a lot of games....well, its more than just a few dollars. I sold my original Xbox game collection for $980.00 and If I were to sell my Xbox360 game collection right now I would easily get at least $1400.00. Its not a lot of money but its enough to make buying physical games over digital a no brainer in my book.

I may buy Kameo for 1) I got my points really cheap so 400 points to me would really be cheaper considering I got them cheaper and 2) I'd like to see more of these sales (specifically on Deathsmiles X2, Crysis, and RE 4. Or even some of the other titles marked down to compete with physical copies. I may jump on a few just because it would keep my physical collection from getting out of hand :p

I do prefer physical copies though but these sales can only help and not hurt.

[quote name='PenguinJim']I only buy good games, so I don't want to sell them.[/QUOTE]

Wow, your clearly a very special person.

The number of people in this thread that clearly have no understanding of what subjective opinion really means is nothing short of staggering. I think its all the chemicals rotting people's brains.

Me, I buy games I enjoy, period. I could honestly care less what other people think of them and I could care less what review scores they get. If I enjoy it, I buy it. I also have a wife and son that enjoy playing video games. Of course, they have their own opinions on games, just as I have mine. I could just see my son asking me to buy a particular game and having to tell him that I cant buy it because its not a "good game". That would fly over real well. I could just see pulling that crap with my wife as well, lol.

"Sorry, I cant let you get that game as some misc guy on some misc forum on the internet didn't deem it a good game"

My son would be pissed off and I would be sleeping on the couch. No, I think I will continue to let my wife and son make up their own minds in regards to what games they like and what games they don't like.

I only buy good games, lol.

As for not selling them. I don't want to sell my games either. People sell things all the time that they don't want to sell. Its called life. Maybe your still living in mom's basement and have yet to step out in the real world or maybe its just that your one of the fortunate people out there that have never run into financial problems. The bottom line is that we are in one of the worst economic periods in this countries history. Over a million houses are in foreclosure at this very moment. Unemployment numbers are still through the roof. Sometimes people have to sell things that they enjoy, period. Having the ability to do so....well, it can make all the difference in the world when hard times come knocking. Whether or not you want to sell something is irrelevant. Whether or not you actually have the ability to sell something....well, that's a different story entirely.

[quote name='DarkPGR']
A good number of those games are easily worth the $20 price tag. Kameo, PDZ, Prince of Persia, to name a few, were easily worth their original $60 price tag. The MSRP is based not on greed, but on how much the game costs to develop, manufacture, ship and stock in retail as well as expected sales for it (they spend millions or even billions making the games you know? They need them to sell a couple of million units to even break even, something most games DON'T do).[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA! Absolute ridiculous NONSENSE BULLSH!T! None of those titles were ever worth the $60 MSRP that they were priced at. Infact. Prince of Persia tanked to $20 only a month or so after it came out. It's as big of a flop as Duke Nukem, Brink, or Inversion. All of these had a $60 MSRP, even though the reviews were abismal and industry publishers knew that they don't deserve that price! And don't pretend you know jack sh!t about how the video game industry works. The MSRP for standard version games are capped at $59.99 in accordance with industry standards for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC games (no matter how much in demand or highly anticipated that game is... like Diablo III for instance which could've been launched at a higher MSRP IF they went strictly by consumer demand). For Wii and PSP Vita games, it's typically $49.99, and for 3DS titles, the cap is $39.99. Now they can lower the MSRP of certain titles at launch if the preliminary research they did indicates that the price point should be a little lower than the cap.

Anyway, the ACTUAL production costs isn't as nearly as much as you think. If you had any idea of how businesses are run, you'd know this. You can declare many items as "expenses" when practically that's just not the case. Also, these costs are spread over many companies, including big name publishers who pay off the designers, developers, artists, and programmers for their work in creating these games, and thereby earn the rights to distribute the finished product. If losses are absorbed, it's ususally by these large publishers (who also make multi-millions if the game on the other hand is good), and to a smaller extent the suppliers and retailers that they distribute to (like when having to drop prices drastically because sales are stagnant due to the poor quality of the game).

Oh BTW, no game to date has cost even close to a BILLION dollars to make! HAHA!! :lol:

[quote name='Al_001']HAHAHA! Absolute ridiculous NONSENSE BULLSH!T! None of those titles were ever worth the $60 MSRP that they were priced at. Infact. Prince of Persia tanked to $20 only a month or so after it came out. It's as big of a flop as Duke Nukem, Brink, or Inversion. All of these had a $60 MSRP, even though the reviews were abismal and industry publishers knew that they don't deserve that price! And don't pretend you know jack sh!t about how the video game industry works. The MSRP for standard version games are capped at $59.99 in accordance with industry standards for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC games (no matter how much in demand or highly anticipated that game is... like Diablo III for instance which could've been launched at a higher MSRP IF they went strictly by consumer demand). For Wii and PSP Vita games, it's typically $49.99, and for 3DS titles, the cap is $39.99. Now they can lower the MSRP of certain titles at launch if the preliminary research they did indicates that the price point should be a little lower than the cap.

Anyway, the ACTUAL production costs isn't as nearly as much as you think. If you had any idea of how businesses are run, you'd know this. You can declare many items as "expenses" when practically that's just not the case. Also, these costs are spread over many companies, including big name publishers who pay off the designers, developers, artists, and programmers for their work in creating these games, and thereby earn the rights to distribute the finished product. If losses are absorbed, it's ususally by these large publishers (who also make multi-millions if the game on the other hand is good), and to a smaller extent the suppliers and retailers that they distribute to (like when having to drop prices drastically because sales are stagnant due to the poor quality of the game).

Oh BTW, no game to date has cost even close to a BILLION dollars to make! HAHA!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you haven't even PLAYED through those games yourself. I have, paid full price for most of them, and were well worth it. Even more worthy of the $60 than a lot of so-called "triple A" titles out there that get better reviews.[/I]

[quote name='DarkPGR']Sounds like you haven't even PLAYED through those games yourself. I have, paid full price for most of them, and were well worth it. Even more worthy of the $60 than a lot of so-called "triple A" titles out there that get better reviews.[/QUOTE]

LOL... I'm a gamer as well as a reseller, guy. So believe me, I'm INTIMATELY familiar with how good (or terrible) each and every one of those games are when they came out. And yes, I do have at least one copy of each and have played through them even though I don't think very highly of them. I also have a HUGE personal collection of games, systems, and accessories probably worth hundreds of thousands of dollars if not over a million, spanning throughout the last 25 years or so.

Look, I think it's cool that you want to support titles that are not touted as AAA material, but for me to join you in that regard, they TRULY have to be worth it. And absolutely NONE of those titles that we discussed here are worth the 60 bones!

Anyway, if you really did pay the full launch MSRP for them, the major corporations and retailers that distribute these games thank you for your patronage (as well as your naivety)! :)

[quote name='Al_001']LOL... I'm a gamer as well as a reseller, guy.

if you really did pay the full launch MSRP for them, the major corporations and retailers that distribute these games thank you for your patronage (as well as your naivety)! :)[/QUOTE]

If you were really a reseller, why are you going out of your way to mock some of your best customers? I would think you want more of these people for your business, not less.

[quote name='enforcer2003']If you were really a reseller, why are you going out of your way to mock some of your best customers? I would think you want more of these people for your business, not less.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I don't mean to "mock" anyone. Secondly, I have too much respect for fellow CAGs, because as a consumer I'm definitely a CAG as well. I sell on ebay, and I don't expect any true CAG to buy from me. After all, real CAGs are looking to get items on sale and other promotional methods the same way that I do. I just buy many more copies and sell them on ebay. Infact, I bet many CAGs here are probably resellers as well (although some wouldn't admit to it). It does take quite a bit of work though reselling games and consumer electronics. You may not think so, but once you get started you'll realize that running your own business is not as easy as you thought. However, once you get it down and figure things out, it can indeed be quite fruitful.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Wow, care to be more of a douche there Al?[/QUOTE]

By telling him that those particular games he paid $60 MSRP for were CLEARLY NOT worth it, as most everyone here already agrees? How does that make me a douche, exactly?

How can people make this so complicated? These are (mostly) lower tier and older games. They could be viewed in a different light back when they came out. Some people bought them... Now, stfu, honestly!

Re-read your paragraph of snarkiness to him and yes, it reads off as a huge paragraph of douche-nozzle. Sorry if you didn't mean it that way, but yes, it did.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Re-read your paragraph of snarkiness to him and yes, it reads off as a huge paragraph of douche-nozzle. Sorry if you didn't mean it that way, but yes, it did.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You should dial it down a notch Al, and remember that your opinion doesn't override other people's.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Re-read your paragraph of snarkiness to him and yes, it reads off as a huge paragraph of douche-nozzle. Sorry if you didn't mean it that way, but yes, it did.[/QUOTE]

Which paragraph of which post are you referring to exactly? BTW, calling someone "naive" when they're clearly acting like it (especially when others here have already pointed it out to him) is basically doing them a favor. Letting them continue with their naivety would be acting like a douche!

[quote name='eastx']Agreed. You should dial it down a notch Al, and remember that your opinion doesn't override other people's.[/QUOTE]

Read the post below yours! Also, if someone says 2 + 2 = 5, and I (AND EVERYONE ELSE HERE) say it's 4, then yes, "my opinion" (not really, because again... EVERYONE ELSE AGREES as well) does infact override that person.

[quote name='Al_001']Read the post below yours! Also, if someone says 2 + 2 = 5, and I (AND EVERYONE ELSE HERE) say it's 4, then yes, "my opinion" (not really, because again... EVERYONE ELSE AGREES as well) does infact override that person.[/QUOTE]

Even a majority opinion doesn't override someone else's in this case because videogames (like all art) are completely subjective experiences. A dude could think Bomberman Act Zero is terrific, and even though he's in the minority, that's still his opinion, and perfectly justified if he actually enjoys it. An outlier can't expect everyone else to agree with his opinion, but nobody is wrong except for the person who thinks of his own opinion as fact or 'the correct' opinion.

It's even sillier to argue about a game's financial worth because not only do you have the subjective element of quality, but everyone has their own unique financial situation and buying habits. Thus you can never get anywhere telling someone they should not have paid $20 or $60 for a game or whatever. DarkPGR's examples of Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo actually have tons of content (especially for launch games), so I'm more inclined to side with him on those games having value or offering bang-for-the-buck. I found PDZ pretty disappointing, but there's no arguing it didn't offer tons of single-player, co-op, and versus multiplayer content,

[quote name='eastx']Even a majority opinion doesn't override someone else's in this case because videogames (like all art) are completely subjective experiences. A dude could think Bomberman Act Zero is terrific, and even though he's in the minority, that's still his opinion, and perfectly justified if he actually enjoys it. An outlier can't expect everyone else to agree with his opinion, but nobody is wrong except for the person who thinks of his own opinion as fact or 'the correct' opinion.

It's even sillier to argue about a game's financial worth because not only do you have the subjective element of quality, but everyone has their own unique financial situation and buying habits. Thus you can never get anywhere telling someone they should not have paid $20 or $60 for a game or whatever. DarkPGR's examples of Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo actually have tons of content (especially for launch games), so I'm more inclined to side with him on those games having value or offering bang-for-the-buck. I found PDZ pretty disappointing, but there's no arguing it didn't offer tons of single-player, co-op, and versus multiplayer content.[/QUOTE]

Nice try... but if no one is buying them at launch for the MSRP of $60, then they ARE CLEARLY NOT worth that price! And if soon thereafter they can be found in the clearance/bargain bin for $10 or less, then that's what Xbox LIVE should be offering them at ALL THE TIME (not just during a sale or promotional period). And that was the point that most of us were trying to make to DarkPGR.

Also, if you want to OVERPAY for what everyone else agrees to be a turd sandwich, I won't stop you if that is indeed what you want... but I'd feel like a douche if I at least didn't warn you that you were about to get what everyone else has already agreed to be a turd sandwich. That's all I was saying.:cool:

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Wow, your clearly a very special person.

The number of people in this thread that clearly have no understanding of what subjective opinion really means is nothing short of staggering. I think its all the chemicals rotting people's brains.

Me, I buy games I enjoy, period. I could honestly care less what other people think of them and I could care less what review scores they get. If I enjoy it, I buy it. I also have a wife and son that enjoy playing video games. Of course, they have their own opinions on games, just as I have mine. I could just see my son asking me to buy a particular game and having to tell him that I cant buy it because its not a "good game". That would fly over real well. I could just see pulling that crap with my wife as well, lol.

"Sorry, I cant let you get that game as some misc guy on some misc forum on the internet didn't deem it a good game"

My son would be pissed off and I would be sleeping on the couch. No, I think I will continue to let my wife and son make up their own minds in regards to what games they like and what games they don't like.

As for not selling them. I don't want to sell my games either. People sell things all the time that they don't want to sell. Its called life. Maybe your still living in mom's basement and have yet to step out in the real world or maybe its just that your one of the fortunate people out there that have never run into financial problems. The bottom line is that we are in one of the worst economic periods in this countries history. Over a million houses are in foreclosure at this very moment. Unemployment numbers are still through the roof. Sometimes people have to sell things that they enjoy, period. Having the ability to do so....well, it can make all the difference in the world when hard times come knocking. Whether or not you want to sell something is irrelevant. Whether or not you actually have the ability to sell something....well, that's a different story entirely.[/QUOTE]

This post made me lol cause it's so true. I've honestly enjoyed lots of games that got labeled as crap (Pirates vs Ninjas Dodgeball is still one of my most favorite arcade games ever). But whatever,I'll still be picking up 2-4 of these "shitty old" games once the sell hits.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Wow, your clearly a very special person.

As for not selling them. I don't want to sell my games either. People sell things all the time that they don't want to sell. Its called life. Maybe your still living in mom's basement and have yet to step out in the real world or maybe its just that your one of the fortunate people out there that have never run into financial problems. The bottom line is that we are in one of the worst economic periods in this countries history. Over a million houses are in foreclosure at this very moment. Unemployment numbers are still through the roof. Sometimes people have to sell things that they enjoy, period. Having the ability to do so....well, it can make all the difference in the world when hard times come knocking. Whether or not you want to sell something is irrelevant. Whether or not you actually have the ability to sell something....well, that's a different story entirely.[/QUOTE]

Ummm.... I just... buy good games. And I don't want to sell them. I didn't think that statement would anger anybody so. :lol: I wasn't judging anyone else who finishes a game and efficiently sells it, nor anybody who thinks a game is good when I don't. I was just throwing into the thread what I do with my games, and why.

Brilliant how you go on to say that you do exactly the same thing as me (across several paragraphs). :applause: I hope whatever country you're from recovers soon. :)

[quote name='Al_001']Nice try... but if no one is buying them at launch for the MSRP of $60, then they ARE CLEARLY NOT worth that price! And if soon thereafter they can be found in the clearance/bargain bin for $10 or less, then that's what Xbox LIVE should be offering them at ALL THE TIME (not just during a sale or promotional period). And that was the point that most of us were trying to make to DarkPGR.

Also, if you want to OVERPAY for what everyone else agrees to be a turd sandwich, I won't stop you if that is indeed what you want... but I'd feel like a douche if I at least didn't warn you that you were about to get what everyone else has already agreed to be a turd sandwich. That's all I was saying.:cool:[/QUOTE]

If by nice try you mean mature, intelligent and well-reasoned argument, then my try was indeed very nice. My message seems to have completely soared over your head though; it's no wonder you're rubbing so many people the wrong way. All I can suggest is either thinking more or posting less. :cool:

[quote name='Al_001']Read the post below yours! Also, if someone says 2 + 2 = 5, and I (AND EVERYONE ELSE HERE) say it's 4, then yes, "my opinion" (not really, because again... EVERYONE ELSE AGREES as well) does infact override that person.[/QUOTE]

Here is a clear case of exactly what I was talking about. Someone that CLEARLY has no understanding of what subjective opinion means. And people wonder why gaming in general doesn't get the respect that other entertainment mediums get. The fact that many of the players act like total jackas*es has a lot to do with that fact.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Ummm.... I just... buy good games. And I don't want to sell them. I didn't think that statement would anger anybody so. :lol: I wasn't judging anyone else who finishes a game and efficiently sells it, nor anybody who thinks a game is good when I don't. I was just throwing into the thread what I do with my games, and why.

Brilliant how you go on to say that you do exactly the same thing as me (across several paragraphs). :applause: I hope whatever country you're from recovers soon. :)[/QUOTE]

You still don't get the point. Good according to whom? People don't go out and buy games they think are terrible games. So in that light, everyone who buys games only buys "good games" or in other words games they deem to be good. I guarantee that you have games that I think totally suck. Does that somehow turn them into "bad games"? And by the way you post doesn't anger me. It just blows me away how ignorant some people are in this forum. Go and learn what subjective opinion really means and maybe you will start to understand. A game you find to be good, other people may in fact find to be utter garbage and vice versa. The bottom line is that not accepting, and respecting that fact, that people have different opinions is a very clear sign of immaturity. A lot of people in here need to grow up.

I hope the U.S. recovers soon as well. There are a lot of good people out there that are going through really tough times.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']You still don't get the point. Good according to whom?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='PenguinJim']I wasn't judging... anybody who thinks a game is good when I don't.[/QUOTE]

How much clearer can I be? Of course they'd have to be good according to me. Why would I care if you or anyone else doesn't like a game that I like? Are you confusing me for someone else?

And surely everyone who pre-orders games will eventually pick up a bad game?

I must apologize for reading your English and assuming that you were not American, though. Sorry!

[quote name='PenguinJim']How much clearer can I be? Of course they'd have to be good according to me. Why would I care if you or anyone else doesn't like a game that I like? Are you confusing me for someone else?

And surely everyone who pre-orders games will eventually pick up a bad game?

I must apologize for reading your English and assuming that you were not American, though. Sorry![/QUOTE]

The bottom line - I was talking about how being able to sell games is a significant reason to go physical over digital. Then you pop in with a "I only buy good games so I don't want to sell" comment, as if to suggest that people who do want to sell have bad games. Of course, I wasn't even talking about "good" or "bad" games. I was merely speaking to the fact that people who buy physical have the ability to sell their collection if need be. Actually, the more "good" games one has, in regards to general consensus, the more money one will get for their collection. The fact that you don't want to sell has nothing to do with anything. Again, I was talking about having the ability to sell ones game collection if need be. I hardly think we need everyone chiming in on whether or not they want to sell. Nobody cares and its completely irrelevant. You have the ability to sell, that's what matters. People who buy digital do not.

As for the rest of it, again go and learn what subjective opinion means and you will start to understand.

[quote name='tribalnoise']someone get a broom[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This thread has become a big stinking pile of arrogance, ignorance and immaturity.

I'm thinking about getting surf's up for my 5 year old daughter. She enjoyed the demo. Does the actual game offer a lot more than the demo?

I'd consider Bolt for her but she couldn't beat the helicopter in the demo. Is the rest of the game on that scale of difficulty? Is there a lot of platforming (ie jumps)?

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, open season, and meet the robinsons look like they might me too much for her. Do these games have a lot of complicated jumps or puzzles? She can solve a lot of the puzzles in the MAW and beat the demo.

Also is tornado outbreak something she could get into fairly easily?

I'll grab POP for myself. :)

[quote name='irafreak']I'm thinking about getting surf's up for my 5 year old daughter. She enjoyed the demo. Does the actual game offer a lot more than the demo?

I'd consider Bolt for her but she couldn't beat the helicopter in the demo. Is the rest of the game on that scale of difficulty? Is there a lot of platforming (ie jumps)?

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, open season, and meet the robinsons look like they might me too much for her. Do these games have a lot of complicated jumps or puzzles? She can solve a lot of the puzzles in the MAW and beat the demo.

Also is tornado outbreak something she could get into fairly easily?

I'll grab POP for myself. :)[/QUOTE]

I have no five year old, but have played all of these games. Honestly, I enjoyed Surf's Up the most. Outside of the time trial stuff you can get to from the menu (which for achievements I remember being a little annoying), the game is a fun play through. I think my comments at the time were like a platforming style SSX Tricky for kids. A fun, generally easy romp. Other adult friends of mine played it (ones who would seldom play these types of games) and liked it. If she got into the demo, she'd probably like the game as a whole.

Bolt was a definite number two. Lots of platforming, but once Bolt gets some of his powerups it's a little easier. Completed the story without issue (though some of the boss battles had to be replayed, etc.) but never 100%'d it. You get to play as various characters from the game, iirc. There is lots of platforming, but like most Disney/movie games, decent checkpoints. Not as friendly as some of the others with them though (It's no Up, that's for sure...)

Meet The Robinsons was the next one I remember enjoying. I never did get the one missing component to complete the game though (and trust me, it bothers me quite a bit). It's a fun plaformer with varying degrees of difficultly. Might be a little too annoying for a five year old. This one I remember being a little easier to play than Bolt. There are puzzles in this, but it is designed for kids.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs / Open Season are two relatively simple, 1000/1000 games and story modes. Both feature optional collectibles (which would be the most difficult part of both). Honestly, for mindless fun they were there. Both are platformers with limited peril (in that dying isn't a big deal). For a kid or an adult looking for a decent playthrough to complete a game, not a bad deal.

Tornado Outbreak is a different game. I'm not sure what it wants to be. The story is... meh. Since it's not tied to a property, this makes it a little less forgivable, especially if you're trying to get a kid into it. I didn't finish this one, but it was fine for what it was and I imagine I'll go back to try to complete it later.

bread's done
Back