Xbox Games on Demand sale 75% off

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!
http://majornelson.com/2012/06/14/june-19-25-games-on-demand-sale/

June 19 – July 2 Games on Demand Sale

the sale has been extended!

These deals will be available in all Xbox LIVE regions where the title is available.

$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Alone in the Dark
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bolt
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bomberman Act: Zero
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
$3.99 (normally $13.99) 73% off Conan
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Dark Void
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off FaceBreaker
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Kameo
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Meet the Robinsons
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Open Season
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Perfect Dark Zero
$4.99 (normally $14.99) 73% off Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Rockstar Table Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off SEGA Superstars Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Surf’s Up
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Tornado Outbreak
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Virtua Tennis 2009
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Viva Pinata Party Animals

I think Prince of Persia and Conan are great at this price!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irafreak']I'm thinking about getting surf's up for my 5 year old daughter. She enjoyed the demo. Does the actual game offer a lot more than the demo?

I'd consider Bolt for her but she couldn't beat the helicopter in the demo. Is the rest of the game on that scale of difficulty? Is there a lot of platforming (ie jumps)?

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, open season, and meet the robinsons look like they might me too much for her. Do these games have a lot of complicated jumps or puzzles? She can solve a lot of the puzzles in the MAW and beat the demo.

Also is tornado outbreak something she could get into fairly easily?

I'll grab POP for myself. :)[/QUOTE]I played a bit of Bolt before and I found the QTE's to be the most frustrating part. At 5, she may have some difficulties with these games. I am going to pick up some of these kids games even though my kids will probably need some time before they can play.

And to those who argue that resale is a factor in digital vs. physical media. I don't think that resell value will matter much with most of these titles.

[quote name='speedracer']So then, Kameo all around I take it?[/QUOTE]

you can't go wrong with it

[quote name='irafreak']I'm thinking about getting surf's up for my 5 year old daughter. She enjoyed the demo. Does the actual game offer a lot more than the demo?

I'd consider Bolt for her but she couldn't beat the helicopter in the demo. Is the rest of the game on that scale of difficulty? Is there a lot of platforming (ie jumps)?

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, open season, and meet the robinsons look like they might me too much for her. Do these games have a lot of complicated jumps or puzzles? She can solve a lot of the puzzles in the MAW and beat the demo.

I'll grab POP for myself. :)[/QUOTE]

If she watched the movies, she will more than likely enjoy all the movie-based games. For kids, it doesn't seem to be about finishing the game as much as it is playing as the character from the movie so I would say you will be good with any one of those you choose.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Here is a clear case of exactly what I was talking about. Someone that CLEARLY has no understanding of what subjective opinion means. And people wonder why gaming in general doesn't get the respect that other entertainment mediums get. The fact that many of the players act like total jackas*es has a lot to do with that fact.

You still don't get the point. Good according to whom? People don't go out and buy games they think are terrible games. So in that light, everyone who buys games only buys "good games" or in other words games they deem to be good. I guarantee that you have games that I think totally suck. Does that somehow turn them into "bad games"? And by the way you post doesn't anger me. It just blows me away how ignorant some people are in this forum. Go and learn what subjective opinion really means and maybe you will start to understand. A game you find to be good, other people may in fact find to be utter garbage and vice versa. The bottom line is that not accepting, and respecting that fact, that people have different opinions is a very clear sign of immaturity. A lot of people in here need to grow up.

I hope the U.S. recovers soon as well. There are a lot of good people out there that are going through really tough times.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to jump into the middle of this, but a game can be objectively bad, and you can still like it. Or, it could be good for it's genre, but you aren't really a fan of the genre, etc etc. Perfect Dark Zero is a good example. As far as FPS go, it is objectively bad. It has bad level design, the shooting is very loose, and not tight at all. It's objectively a 'bad' FPS. That doesn't mean, though, that many people, myself included, can't still like it. Get the difference?

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Here is a clear case of exactly what I was talking about. Someone that CLEARLY has no understanding of what subjective opinion means. And people wonder why gaming in general doesn't get the respect that other entertainment mediums get. The fact that many of the players act like total jackas*es has a lot to do with that fact.[/QUOTE]

First of all, you OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T READ THE POST BELOW (OR ABOVE OR ANYWHERE SURROUNDING THAT POST), OTHERWISE YOU WOULD'VE KEPT YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Then again, anyone who thinks Nixon (as in former Pres. Richard Milhouse Nixon that is) was RIGHTEOUS, is probably out of their f**king mind anyway! :roll:

It's like I was telling DarkPGR and EastX, if you're going to buy a sh!tty game (I believe I used the term "turd sandwich") at the full launch MSRP of $60 just because YOU think it's good, I'm not gonna' stop you. But I would be a total ASSH0LE if I didn't at least WARN you that the rest of the world agrees the game is not worth that price, and a few weeks later you'd likely find it in the bargain bin or clarance section. Such was the case with many recent game releases such as Prince of Persia, Duke Nukem, Brink, Damnation, etc. I'm sure there are some gamers out there who might enjoy these titles, and at clearance prices of below $10, they're probably worth the pick-up. I have a copy of each of these titles, that I picked up mostly at Kmart for about $4 to $5.

Look, all I was telling those other two was that regardless of how you personally feel about any game, if you know that it's going to tank and there is a huge price drop coming soon, just pick it up later rather than shell out 60 big ones now to feed your habit!

SHUT UP ABOUT THE ARGUMENT, WHY WON'T ANYONE THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN

Aside from that, I really recommend Open Season. It's different from the movie (no dog and different voice for the main character) but it's pretty fun plus it teaches you about recycling and how to take care of your enviroment. Easiest 1000 gamerscore too by the way. They don't show you clips from the movie, just still images.

[quote name='irafreak']Well I tried to put this thread back on track but some people just won't let things go. :drool:[/QUOTE]

You tried your best. Some men just want to watch the thread burn. :hot::lol::hot:

By the way, may I recommend Kameo for your kid(s)? It's a great platformer, and one of Rare's last "real" games. Also, it has a basic co-op mode if that interests you, although I didn't really care for it.

Edit: It has a demo. I would definitely check it out. You may enjoy it also.

On the argument, I think everyone's entitled to their own opinion. If you want to subjectively say the games are bad, go ahead, you are free to do so. I just wonder why are you still looking at this thread if you think all these games are so awful they don't even deserve anyone's time for less than a Burger with Fries.

[quote name='Dark Rider']You tried your best. Some men just want to watch the thread burn. :hot::lol::hot:

By the way, may I recommend Kameo for your kid(s)? It's a great platformer, and one of Rare's last "real" games. Also, it has a basic co-op mode if that interests you, although I didn't really care for it.

Edit: It has a demo. I would definitely check it out. You may enjoy it also.[/QUOTE]

Back on topic.
I would say Kameo is a must play for anyone that considers himself a gamer. As you said, one of Rare's last Rare games (Kinect Sports is good, is just not classic Rare in there) that any true gamer should be able to enjoy. And for $5? well worth the admission price.

i'll be picking up bionic commando dark void and maybe table tennis. These are games that I am not willing to have a retail copy of in my collection.

Just downloaded bolt,cloudy,perfect dark, and conan still got 800 points left mite buy more trying to make it till the big release come out in oct.

I'll grab POP for myself. :)[/QUOTE]

Open Season shouldn't be a problem. Very simple and straight forward. Cloudy and Robinsons are a little tougher and have more platforming but your kid may like em...but id get Open Srason before those 2. Haven't played Bolt.

^ thanks for the heads up! i gave alone in the dark a chance years ago, but it bugged out on me. another chance it is!

EDIT: what the hell is up with PoP?! Nelsons's blog directs you to the cel shaded one :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Rockstar Table Tennis and Kameo. I finally convinced my wife to start playing coop games with me and I think she'll love Kameo.

For the people saying you can find these physical retail games for the same price or cheaper at Gamestop, I haven't seen half of these games their for years.

I got 1600 points from Microsoft for that Private Cloud offer anyways so no biggie :D

[quote name='technicalstylez']bionic commando is still 19.99 and prince of persia isnt the cel shade/remake one, its Pop: forgotten sands. i am disappoint.[/QUOTE]

I thought forgotten sands was the better of the two fwiw.

[quote name='Javery']Is this the cell shaded Prince of Persia with the girl that saves you if you fall? If so, it is a steal for $4.[/QUOTE]

That's what Nelson's blog linked to, but it's still priced at $19.99 on the website. Instead, the 2010 movie tie-in (The Forgotten Sands) is priced at $5. It sucks, I was MUCH more interested in the cell-shaded game. I think I'm going to pass on PP:TFS.

Might bite on Kameo, but I'll need to think about it. Don't really NEED any more games, and it's not like I've had my eye on it for a while, but it might be fun for a pallet cleanser between some of my heavier games.

Disappointing that I had originally thought it was the cel shaded Prince of Persia. I already own Forgotten Sands but never played it, got it cheap somewhere.

I already played PoP:TFS and for $4 was very willing to try the '08 PoP. Guess it just wasn't in the cards... Nothing else I wanted this week.

[quote name='kitlerc']But I can understand mixing up the two PoP games, but why wasn't Bionic Commando marked down?[/QUOTE]

apparently Bionic Commando and Alone in the Dark are the same game. :D

I can't fucking believe they "removed" the two games I was going to buy (Bionic Commando, and Prince Of Persia), and replaced them with crappy game. I was happy to support a good sale, but not if they are going to lie to get interest.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']apparently Bionic Commando and Alone in the Dark are the same game. :D[/QUOTE]
Of course, those are just alternate titles for the same game right?

Sucks that Bionic Commando didn't get the sale for you guys that don't have it. I thought the game was badass (bought the retail version for $6 years ago). I was going to get PoP '08, but since it isn't on sale... I think the new PoP will take its place in my library.

I'm considering picking up PoP and Alone in the Dark with my spare 800 points.

I wish there was a little better selection. Also begining to wonder if the RE games will ever go on sale???

Aww, I was willing to double dip and get PoP 2008 for $4, but TFS isn't going to make me drop the cash. Will likely pick up Kameo however; traded that one in a long time ago and would like to give it another shot.

[quote name='topplehat']For what it's worth Prince of Persia: TFS was a really good game, I did not expect to enjoy it that much.[/QUOTE]
Personaly, I thought it was just ok, but it's worth the $5.

[quote name='Javery']TFS was actually pretty good too and well worth $4.[/QUOTE]
TFS was marked down to $5, not the $4 price that was promised to the '08 PoP

"Edit 3: Price Of Persia TFS is supposed to be $3.99 as noted above. You may see it as $4.99 right now, so please wait to purchase it as the price in the system is being corrected."
From Major Nelson. Wait!

I'm actually happy it's the newer PoP. I've already played and beaten the '08 game. I'll probably end up getting that and Conan. Even though I've read plenty about how broken it is, I'm intrigued by Alone in the Dark also. I've always wanted to play Kameo and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, but I'm afraid their age showing will make me regret the purchase.

i guess i'm disappointed that bionic commando was replaced. (was going to pick it up with dark void) I already had Price of the persia cel shaded on ps3. Hopefully MS will put more older GOD games on a huge sale, cause damn those prices are stupid. IE: Ninja Gaiden 2 for 44.99

If it is any consolation PoP FS has an easy 1000/1000 GS.

Thinking about getting Alone in the Dark but isn't it mechanically broken? I heard the PS3 one is the version to get.

Which of these three family-friendly (read: achievement-whoring) games is the most fun to play? Bolt, Open Season, or Surfs Up? Thanks for any good opinions.

update on Prince of Persia
Edit 3: Price Of Persia TFS is supposed to be $3.99 as noted above. You may see it as $4.99 right now, so please wait to purchase it as the price in the system is being corrected. Correction: is is staying at $4.99

bread's done
Back