Xbox Live Arcade explosion on eBay!

You know, for a site called cheapassgamer, a lot of people around here seem to want you to pay full price. If you feel this isn't legit, take the high road and buy straight from MS, but don't come around telling other people not to take advantage of deals please. We are, after all, CAGs.

[quote name='sunfiredragon']You know, for a site called cheapassgamer, a lot of people around here seem to want you to pay full price. If you feel this isn't legit, take the high road and buy straight from MS, but don't come around telling other people not to take advantage of deals please. We are, after all, CAGs.[/QUOTE]

exactly please navigate to retailassgamer.com in the future.

well i dont care who does what i jus thope these guys come back and we can get soem cheap live games again. :)
they might stop going to ebay and move someplace else id keep an eye on ioffer.com
there are alot of people dropping ebay and going there.....

Being fair, I don't think it was some high ground moral guy who reported it all. If you see the ridiculously sense of self entitlement posters here have if they didn't get their code within 24hours. Probably was one of them.

I love how people made assumptions about them and called them out as guilty criminals "just because" they thought so.

However, they technically broke ebays stupid new digital policy. The correct way to do it is to post a classified ad, and have them send money through paypal. Unfortunately this is not the most safe way of going about things unless you have good rep

[quote name='chimpian']well i dont care who does what i jus thope these guys come back and we can get soem cheap live games again. :)
they might stop going to ebay and move someplace else id keep an eye on ioffer.com
there are alot of people dropping ebay and going there.....[/QUOTE]

Is this site legit. I looked at a couple of pts for sale but it seems it's only for a new account.

Gee, I kind of feel like I've said this before, but...

Why does everyone assume that they stopped selling because they were reported? We have zero proof of it, including the fact that they are still registered and active EBay users. I just find this entire situation funny, as we have a whole gaggle of people ganging up on some 'moral boogeyman' that no one can identify or prove exists, yet are attacking people that are making accusations of credit card fraud and theft. Here's a pro-tip, guys: we have the same amount of proof for both the reporting and credit card fraud scenarios, which is zero.

So, what happened? I still maintain that however they were getting their codes, legally or otherwise (doesn't matter, frankly), their source simply dried up. There was a generator, or a loop-hole, or an excess of cheap points... no matter what it was, it stopped delivering. They listed way too many codes to have on hand, so they obviously knew they could sell without worrying about obtaining them, until the 'Monkey Island incident'. Jamaican even said it was "last come, first served", which is a ridiculous way to do business, unless you knew that you could get as many codes as you needed. You can't oversell something you have an unlimited supply of. That, of course, leads into the refunds. With the amount of Monkey Island codes they sold, these guys were sitting on a ton of money, which no Ebay reporting would have made them return. Trust me, if jamaican and akino could've kept that money and sent you a code, they would have, even it were outside of EBay. So, once again, for those that have trouble with reading comprehension... reporting did not cause this. Their cheap code source dried up, which is why they both stopped at almost literally the exact same time.

Now, hopefully someone actually reads this for once, so we don't have 5 more pages of people going 'oh, those awful moralists, they've ruined this deal!'. You don't always have someone to blame, guys. Shit happens.

[quote name='007']Gee, I kind of feel like I've said this before, but...

Why does everyone assume that they stopped selling because they were reported? We have zero proof of it, including the fact that they are still registered and active EBay users. I just find this entire situation funny, as we have a whole gaggle of people ganging up on some 'moral boogeyman' that no one can identify or prove exists, yet are attacking people that are making accusations of credit card fraud and theft. Here's a pro-tip, guys: we have the same amount of proof for both the reporting and credit card fraud scenarios, which is zero.

So, what happened? I still maintain that however they were getting their codes, legally or otherwise (doesn't matter, frankly), their source simply dried up. There was a generator, or a loop-hole, or an excess of cheap points... no matter what it was, it stopped delivering. They listed way too many codes to have on hand, so they obviously knew they could sell without worrying about obtaining them, until the 'Monkey Island incident'. Jamaican even said it was "last come, first served", which is a ridiculous way to do business, unless you knew that you could get as many codes as you needed. You can't oversell something you have an unlimited supply of. That, of course, leads into the refunds. With the amount of Monkey Island codes they sold, these guys were sitting on a ton of money, which no Ebay reporting would have made them return. Trust me, if jamaican and akino could've kept that money and sent you a code, they would have, even it were outside of EBay. So, once again, for those that have trouble with reading comprehension... reporting did not cause this. Their cheap code source dried up, which is why they both stopped at almost literally the exact same time.

Now, hopefully someone actually reads this for once, so we don't have 5 more pages of people going 'oh, those awful moralists, they've ruined this deal!'. You don't always have someone to blame, guys. Shit happens.[/QUOTE]
if they got reported for selling virtual goods, which they don't allow on ebay, they don't cancel your account. they would take your listings down.

[quote name='decrot']if they got reported for selling virtual goods, which they don't allow on ebay, they don't cancel your account. they would take your listings down.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but everything that occured around that time indicated that the auctions were taken down by akino and jamaican themselves. That is especially true in the case of jamaican, as he even stated both on his store and in private messages wtih members here that he took the auctions down (or set them to invisible) because of the volume of Monkey Island sales. That, of course, was the beginning of the end. So, while it's possible that EBay took the auctions down, it just doesn't seem to be the case. That always led into my other question which was... even if EBay took them down, why wouldn't they just re-list and specifically state or even go so far as to physically mail codes out? They were making a killing on these, so why stop, unless their profit margin was less than the price of a stamp?

I'm wondering why they just never wrote down the code and put it in the mail, and through the email. So that way they were covered.

Now here is a problem:

For a while now, jamaicanswif268 has not had any listings available. However, while searching for a discounted code for Castle Crashers, I found what seems to be active listings for both Castle Crashers as well as several other games.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220451015062&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I am wondering now if this is an error by eBay or that he still actively selling these games. I tried messaging him a few days ago, yet no response.

I really want to pick up Castle Crashers (auction ends in about 8 hours), yet I don't want the risk of relying on my money being returned to me if it is a clerical error.

Any thoughts?

[quote name='nnthomas']It's definitely an error... I wouldnt try it[/QUOTE]
They are all old listing... You can see they went up to jul 16.

look like jamacianswif is back....

weird though, when you look at his items for sale on ebay there are none, but when i looked at my completed sales, Tales of Monkey Island showed up as active, and at the bottom of the page are his other items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...475516&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1180wt_941

Here's the page of all the items, not an ebay page, but links to ebay listings.

http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstore2.aspx?id=1195090&styleid=12&siteid=0

Kind of weird... but he already has one positive feedback from this round.

Hey guys akino91783 just fixed my xbox 3 Red lights for only $60 and it only takes 3 days if you guys have the same problem just send him a message

bread's done
Back