Xbox Live Arcade explosion on eBay!

Um, at least he gave you guys the money back rather then take it and run? Looks like either his "supplier" ran out or ran out of ways obtaining the codes. I'm sure Akino will get his hands on some codes, but will probably charge $6 or $7 instead.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Um, at least he gave you guys the money back rather then take it and run? Looks like either his "supplier" ran out or ran out of ways obtaining the codes. I'm sure Akino will get his hands on some codes, but will probably charge $6 or $7 instead.[/QUOTE]

QFT

If you really want a game that bad, just buy cheap M$ points if they're still available instead of whining about it when you got a freaking refund! :lol:

Got my refund as well. I've got no ill will towards jamaicanswif, but I can be fairly certain this is the last time I'll order from him (*if* he does get back up and running). The 'starting to send out codes in reverse order' thing wasn't a big deal... until he ran out. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh, well.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Um, at least he gave you guys the money back rather then take it and run? Looks like either his "supplier" ran out or ran out of ways obtaining the codes. I'm sure Akino will get his hands on some codes, but will probably charge $6 or $7 instead.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's nice to have the money back, but we obviously wanted the game. Due to his last come, first served BS, those of us who jumped on the deal immediately got the shaft. That's enough reason for me to seriously consider whether or not to do business again.

So I bought GripShift and Star Trek DAC from Akino (the only two games he has listed that I wouldn't pay more then $6 for on XBLM if his store got taken down). I got the Star Trek code within a day (fastest code I have recieved from him) but I'm still waiting on GripShift.

From Akinos page.
The seller of this item is away until July 20, 2009. You may purchase this item, but there may be a delay in processing your order.

Easy for you to say

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Just got my Monkey Island code... so he delivered it to me in less then a day! Sweet![/QUOTE]

But seriously, I think we're upset because we ordered first and got the shaft.

I'm just going to buy it on the XBLM, but I probably won't bother to buy anything from Jamaican again.

What a chump thing to say...

I emailed em both to see if either get back to me about relisting. I'm probably going to leave Swif neg feedback to the extent of "To remove this negative feedback please send 1 Monky Island code...kthxbai"

That shipping last to first email is kind of bullshit...

I was really looking forward to playing this game too...

I have bought 5 games or so from akino before and on Jul 17 I bought bomberman. I was expecting a quick, same day delivery as usual but now its been over 48 hours and no e-mail ack or code from him. Expect long delivery times these days apparently. :/

From Akinos page.
The seller of this item is away until July 20, 2009. You may purchase this item, but there may be a delay in processing your order.

Monkey Island SE is a great but a bit on the short side. Just hope they release other future Monkey Island games in the future for $10 or less.

What the hell?

I just tried to sell some Xbox Live Gold memberships on eBay and they got pulled with one day left on them because I violated some goddamn policy they have against selling a digital product (a code) in the video games section. It's the same as what these guys are doing, so how do they get away with it?

I believe that is why they want people to put in the reviews that the codes were snail-mailed and not e-mailed.

I just ordered peggle for $6, looking forward to buying more games in the future from these guys - though I do hope they are not fradulent codes(I can't see how they aren't....).

[quote name='Vekou']What the hell?

I just tried to sell some Xbox Live Gold memberships on eBay and they got pulled with one day left on them because I violated some goddamn policy they have against selling a digital product (a code) in the video games section. It's the same as what these guys are doing, so how do they get away with it?[/QUOTE]

The best way to get around it is to not mention that you will e-mail your code in any way. Or that it's a digital product. You'll have to put that you can only snail-mail the code. Of course, you can always ask the buyer whether or not they want the code e-mailed (through a private e-mail address not eBay's ask-a-question), in which case, you can put free shipping or something like that.

[quote name='hufferstl']I believe that is why they want people to put in the reviews that the codes were snail-mailed and not e-mailed.

I just ordered peggle for $6, looking forward to buying more games in the future from these guys - though I do hope they are not fradulent codes(I can't see how they aren't....).[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they're legit - it's just not a very large profit margin. There have been auctions and sales over the past couple of months where you could get XBLA points for 60% of value (or less). Presumably, distributers up the supply chain have a way to get them for slightly cheaper, so Peggle at $6, while normally $10, cost the ebayer ~$5.50 in XBLA points (having bought them in bulk).

Got my $15 back. Same email response. I think his reason is a lie, but I don't care. I'm not mad, and neither should any of us be mad.

This whole deal was shady and rotten from the beginning and we knew it, so just be glad he didn't take your money and run.

[quote name='nwaugh']I'm pretty sure they're legit - it's just not a very large profit margin. There have been auctions and sales over the past couple of months where you could get XBLA points for 60% of value (or less). Presumably, distributers up the supply chain have a way to get them for slightly cheaper, so Peggle at $6, while normally $10, cost the ebayer ~$5.50 in XBLA points (having bought them in bulk).[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to trade points for a useable code as opposed to just using them to download the game? I have never seen any information on "gifting" games, so I assumed that there wasn't a way to use points for codes, just points for downloads.

[quote name='hufferstl']Is there a way to trade points for a useable code as opposed to just using them to download the game? I have never seen any information on "gifting" games, so I assumed that there wasn't a way to use points for codes, just points for downloads.[/QUOTE]
Not that I'm aware of. The only place for us regular folk to get codes is Amazon and they don't take MS space bucks.

With jamaican 'running out of codes' and then removing all listings (which *still* aren't back up), and akino's extended vacation, this may be the beginning of the end. I would find it a strange coincidence that these two guys who are eBay friends and sell the exact same goods manage to disappear at right around the same time. If nothing else, it should be apparent that their 'source' is the same place.

That sounds all conspiracy theory and all, but it just all seems a bit weird. My guess is that akino's return will be the same day jamaican unhides all of his listings... but I'm not holding my breath for either. In terms of jamaican, something *obviously* happened, as he listed close to 800 Monkey Island codes (and, of course, hugely large numbers of everything else as well) and there's no way someone had that many codes on hand. However he was getting them, he obviously sold them based on the assumption that he could get as many as needed, and the 'source' dried up part way through. The only question is whether it was a legitimate source or not. I mean, honestly, what person would make things 'last come, first served' except someone who *knew* that getting as many codes as needed wouldn't be a problem?

Not to add fuel to the conspiracy fire, but don't forget that kurhn_de and xboxliveman are both no longer selling MS Point cards anymore either. Well, xboxliveman technically is, but at full retail price.

I just now got a refund from Akino, after having placed an order 5 days ago. Wish he'd done something sooner, but whatever, I'm fine with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='007']With jamaican 'running out of codes' and then removing all listings (which *still* aren't back up), and akino's extended vacation, this may be the beginning of the end. I would find it a strange coincidence that these two guys who are eBay friends and sell the exact same goods manage to disappear at right around the same time. If nothing else, it should be apparent that their 'source' is the same place.

That sounds all conspiracy theory and all, but it just all seems a bit weird. My guess is that akino's return will be the same day jamaican unhides all of his listings... but I'm not holding my breath for either. In terms of jamaican, something *obviously* happened, as he listed close to 800 Monkey Island codes (and, of course, hugely large numbers of everything else as well) and there's no way someone had that many codes on hand. However he was getting them, he obviously sold them based on the assumption that he could get as many as needed, and the 'source' dried up part way through. The only question is whether it was a legitimate source or not. I mean, honestly, what person would make things 'last come, first served' except someone who *knew* that getting as many codes as needed wouldn't be a problem?[/QUOTE]

ditto

[quote name='Knucinos']I just now got a refund from Akino, after having placed an order 5 days ago. Wish he'd done something sooner, but whatever, I'm fine with it.[/QUOTE]

What game did you get a refund for?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Deckard Cain: This does not bode well my friend![/QUOTE]

Stay a while and listen.

I was refunded today for a purchase (Bomberman) on the 17th. Friend made the same purchase minutes after me and has received no refund or email explaining the situation.

I JUST got a code from akino. I ordered Peggle and Pinball FX a few days ago and he sent Peggle about 10 minutes ago and I have successfully redeemed the code. Here's hoping on the other game but between my delivery after he took his store down and others reporting refunds I'm just glad to see he's not taking the money and running.

I said a few pages back that I bought Star Trek DAC and GripShift at the same time. I got the Star Trek DAC code a day later and just now recieved a refund for GripShift. I hope this is just temporary and these guys come back soon. All these summer arcade games are getting up there in price man.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn it...I was hoping one of them would get Splosion Man tomorrow...guess that's too much to ask for at this point.[/QUOTE]

e-mail amazon, then they can steal it for us.

I guess it is safe to say that the "explosion" is over. It seems very odd that both of them close their stores at about the same time.

[quote name='shafnitz']Not that I'm aware of. The only place for us regular folk to get codes is Amazon and they don't take MS space bucks.[/QUOTE]

Huh - I assumed there was. If they were getting the codes in some legit way, then, I don't know what it was.

Got this from Akino today:

Dear eBay customers,

I am writing to apologize for the confusion surrounding the recent transactions. Due to my partner and I technical difficulties I was unable to complete the shipping of your item. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience and I assure you that this will never happen in future transactions. In a result of failure to receive the item you requested, I will offer a full refund immediately. I pride myself on my customer appreciation and I will do everything in my power to see to it that this does not happen again.

That sucks... I should have bought the game last month. Ah well. I hope they come back, but if not it was fun while it lasted.

It was fun while it lasted. Lets keep the thread around incase any of these come back or we start having our games go to demo mode... lol.

bread's done
Back