Xbox Live Arcade explosion on eBay!

What happened to jamacian? He no longer has any items. I guess I'm too late for Monkey Island. Also akino seems to have a lot less games now. I've seen him having as many as 42 and now its down to 33 (only ones I can remember being missing are Worms 2 and Flock).

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Bought Monkey Island this afternoon and got my code a few hours ago![/QUOTE]

Hrm...I picked mine up right before posting that it was available, and still no code. I guess jamaican doesn't work on a "first come, first served" basis? Plus, all the games have been taken down as well :cry: Here's to hoping it's just going to take a little more time.

[quote name='mang9432']got my monkey island code early this morning[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he's just getting back from being away and working through the backlog of ordered codes.

[quote name='dragonjud']He's always been slower than Akino at providing codes, and has taken as many as 3 days (for me at least), so I'm prepared to wait it out.[/QUOTE]

Not accurate. People here have gotten them in minutes and Akino has taken 3-4 days for me.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can anyone describe purchasing from JamaicanSwif? Does he email the code after payment or what?[/QUOTE]

He surely doesn't send it before you pay, I'm guessing. ;)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']He surely doesn't send it before you pay, I'm guessing. ;)[/QUOTE]

actually he sends it before you order.
you see he is a psychic who moonlights on ebay selling codes that he reads off the astral plain......

or coffeeedge is right and he sends them after you pay, whichever is more plausible i guess.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']He surely doesn't send it before you pay, I'm guessing. ;)[/QUOTE]

:roll: ;)

I'm referring more to the overall experience with him and how it works out for the buyer. I know that some people want positive feedback first before sending, some don't want feedback left at all, and on and on. If what I read above is correct though, this is all moot if all of his items are gone.

Ok, I feel bad posting this because I don't want people thinking I was being an ass to our Jamaican friend. I sent him an email asking him if he was still sending out codes within 3 days and got this:

Unless there's some type of rush or something, I do believe my auction says you will receive your item within THREE DAYS, this game has sold a lot which is why its being posted as invisible until Ive shipped all the orders..Its going in the order of descend...So which ever order is at the top being last is being shipped and so forth, you will MOREORLESS receive your code later on within the day..If i abide by rules I can wait within the 3days Ive promised eBay I will ship, but because I believe in good service i CHOOSE to send it promptly and fast....Thank You.,Aswell please quote this message on cheapassgamers.com in the thread so people can be aware of the RULES and whats GOING ON, and they can stop being worried...I am only human and i do have an outside life.

Yup, I feel like a complete jerk for bugging him. I find it funny that he assumed I was from CAG though (I did not mention that in my email to him).

[quote name='slugdub']Not accurate. People here have gotten them in minutes and Akino has taken 3-4 days for me.[/QUOTE]

These guys don't care, and they surely don't stick to a schedule. I've purchased from both, and Jamaican has always taken longer to deliver.

Also, others that ordered late in the day yesterday (at least one CAG) have gotten their codes. Yet, I ordered first thing in the morning, and here I sit waiting for my code.
I'm not saying that I care, but for you to just say that my description is not accurate is simply WRONG, 'cause you can't speak for everyone.

[quote name='Bruticis']Ok, I feel bad posting this because I don't want people thinking I was being an ass to our Jamaican friend. I sent him an email asking him if he was still sending out codes within 3 days and got this:

Unless there's some type of rush or something, I do believe my auction says you will receive your item within THREE DAYS, this game has sold a lot which is why its being posted as invisible until Ive shipped all the orders..Its going in the order of descend...So which ever order is at the top being last is being shipped and so forth, you will MOREORLESS receive your code later on within the day..If i abide by rules I can wait within the 3days Ive promised eBay I will ship, but because I believe in good service i CHOOSE to send it promptly and fast....Thank You.,Aswell please quote this message on cheapassgamers.com in the thread so people can be aware of the RULES and whats GOING ON, and they can stop being worried...I am only human and i do have an outside life.

Yup, I feel like a complete jerk for bugging him. I find it funny that he assumed I was from CAG though (I did not mention that in my email to him).[/QUOTE]

:applause: Thanks for the info. Last come, first served doesn't seem like the most awesome way to do it, (at least for the impatient buyers that we are) but I'm just happy to get my game on the cheap. Thanks for choosing to send the codes out earlier Jamaican, it IS appreciated (since you are apparently reading this).

[quote name='wakawakawa']I've ordered 4000 codes from the Jamacian 3 different times and got the codes within 15-30 mins each time.[/QUOTE]

I seriously misunderstood this post the first time I read it.

Just noticed that as well...no Monkey Island code yet either. This concerns me but willing to wait til after the weekend.

He stated in the e-mail that he set everything to invisible until he gets this (apparently) massive quantity of orders out. Also, if you go to his store, it *does* say this: "Shipping large mass of orders, items will appear shortly...Sorry for the inconvience."

So, just chill, guys. No need to worry about the lack of items listed... if anything, I applaud him for cutting it off temporarily before the backlog became bigger and we started bitching *more*.

Wow...so that dude knows of us...interesting. I don't know about this decending order thing as others who ordered in the afternoon have gotten theirs before the morning buyers but it's all good...I'm in no rush.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't know about this decending order thing as others who ordered in the afternoon have gotten theirs before the morning buyers[/QUOTE]

Yea, no offense to the guy since we are getting like 40% to 50% off the retail cost of these games but that is a really stupid way to do it. What happens if by some chance he no longer has anymore codes left, the person who ordered the earliest loses out.

[quote name='RudyPants']Just got my code from Jamaicanwif for Monkey Island. It took a day, but it was worth it for $5.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to buy this today and it keeps giving me an error message when I click to checkout with PayPal. Anyone else have this problem? The item is in my Watch List and it says he has over 700 copies so I don't know what's wrong.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I've been trying to buy this today and it keeps giving me an error message when I click to checkout with PayPal. Anyone else have this problem? The item is in my Watch List and it says he has over 700 copies so I don't know what's wrong.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's available anymore. If you go here, you'll see there aren't any listing from him anymore: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/jamaicanswif268
Too bad because I was waiting for payday before buying and it's too late. Hopefully he comes back with more codes.

[quote name='shafnitz']I don't think it's available anymore. If you go here, you'll see there aren't any listing from him anymore: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/jamaicanswif268
Too bad because I was waiting for payday before buying and it's too late. Hopefully he comes back with more codes.[/QUOTE]

He's selling it he's just away until tomorrow, but the listing says I can still buy it and when I go to checkout with Paypal it gives me an error. I've been able to do this before and that's why I was wondering what was wrong. If you put an item in your Watch List it will show up there even if the seller goes away for awhile. Otherwise the item won't show up in their store.

And yeah, I've found at least 2 users who were selling XBLA games either for retail or at least double the price. I really hope no one is buying from them.

So I receive this message 48 hours after purchasing Worms 2..:

jamaicanswif268 has sent you a request to cancel the transaction for Worms 2: Armageddon
s.gif

Reason for request: The item is out of stock.

I have yet to receive my code as well. It's been 3 days, I am patient but it takes less than a minute to copy/paste a code into an email. I sent a request for an update and it said he is away until yesterday. We will see what happens

I guess my order for Monkey Island will most likely be canceled too as it has almost been 3 days. I wish he didn't send out items first to those who ordered things last.

"Sorry for the delay on your item, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition , My Supplier Has Gone into recall on item 320399475516, and im not sure as to when they will be getting more, so to save stress and agony Im refunding your payment so you will not sit there questioning as to where is your item...Sorry for the inconvience, I will send a upcoming email when i have the item in stock....Thank you, its been an experience...Have A Good Summer."

I told him how pissed off I am because I purchased mine when there were 103 codes left in stock this is horseshit.

[quote name='vlv723']I got my $5 back for Monkey Island. Blah, we'll see if he'll be in stock again.[/QUOTE]

'Bleh'...just got my refund as well. Hate the fact that he/she has no pattern as to how he/she fills the orders (those who ordered last got the item). That said, I don't care enough to make a big deal of it.

"Sorry for the delay on your item, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition , My Supplier Has Gone into recall on item 320399475516, and im not sure as to when they will be getting more, so to save stress and agony Im refunding your payment so you will not sit there questioning as to where is your item...Sorry for the inconvience, I will send a upcoming email when i have the item in stock....Thank you, its been an experience...Have A Good Summer."

I received the same response for Worms 2 but my message to him was based on the question "Will you be restocking in the near future?." I'm not really angry because these things happen but a bit disappointed that I waited a few days for this outcome. Oh well.

I'm just upset because I ordered at the very beginning and got shafted...next time i'm buying the last code available :)

bread's done
Back