Xbox Live Arcade explosion on eBay!

Crap. Your360connection is down too. I wonder if they were all getting these codes from the same source, and MS shut it down.

[quote name='mxyzplik']I JUST got a code from akino. I ordered Peggle and Pinball FX a few days ago and he sent Peggle about 10 minutes ago and I have successfully redeemed the code. Here's hoping on the other game but between my delivery after he took his store down and others reporting refunds I'm just glad to see he's not taking the money and running.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get Pinball FX but I did get a refund. A bit of a bummer but as I said above, I'm happy that he didn't just run off with the money when faced with a bit of adversity. He's still on my favorite sellers list and I'll buy again if he ever relists stuff - top notch seller.

I bought Outrun for $6 on 7/21 and I still haven't received anything from him. No code, no e-mail or no refund. The store is completely gone and he's away until the 26th. Should I wait until then or should I start contacting him for a refund?

Looking at jamaicanswif268's eBay feedback as a buyer sure shows he was burning his money quick. In less than a month he has probably bought over $1000 in random stuff including 100 DVD+DL's for $165, Air Jordan's for $180, a portable basketball hoop for $200, and two Gears of War 2 Gold weapon codes for $50 a piece (a bit overpriced don't you think).

[quote name='Orgymang']Looking at jamaicanswif268's eBay feedback as a buyer sure shows he was burning his money quick. In less than a month he has probably bought over $1000 in random stuff including 100 DVD+DL's for $165, Air Jordan's for $180, a portable basketball hoop for $200, and two Gears of War 2 Gold weapon codes for $50 a piece (a bit overpriced don't you think).[/QUOTE]

Ouch! I would have sold him lancer for $45 easy!

EDIT: He also purchased about 3 or so new phones business must have been great. He also purchased Family Game Night from his mighty competitor akino ;)

[quote name='silva']Ouch! I would have sold him lancer for $45 easy!

EDIT: He also purchased about 3 or so new phones business must have been great. He also purchased Family Game Night from his mighty competitor akino ;)[/QUOTE]

I was looking at their purchases as well, and thinking about who the sellers were. Definitely looked like some kids/young people who ran into some 'found' money...and didn't think twice about how to spend it. Nonetheless, glad it lasted as long as it did.

Wow, this lasted much longer than I expected. I was actually the first person (besides the OP) to post in this thread!

Also, looks like everyone who had cheap MS points just recently stopped receiving them from their source. I knew of four different people who sold 4000 points for $30-$35, and they don't have them anymore.

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']Wow, this lasted much longer than I expected. I was actually the first person (besides the OP) to post in this thread!

Also, looks like everyone who had cheap MS points just recently stopped receiving them from their source. I knew of four different people who sold 4000 points for $30-$35, and they don't have them anymore.[/QUOTE]

yeah i'm glad i got a bunch of arcade games and 3x4000 point cards while this lasted. Should keep me good for a while :)

[quote name='dabebop']They even made mention that they will be away until the 28th of this month also.[/QUOTE]

DeathBringer = CAG Newbie

Guys dont be too hard on this douchebag .. LULZ! ^_^

Sure they might be alive on ebay, but the reason they refunded the money there paypal got LIMITED for selling digital goods.

You guys are the noobs.

[quote name='DeathBringer']Sure they might be alive on ebay, but the reason they refunded the money there paypal got LIMITED for selling digital goods.

You guys are the noobs.[/QUOTE]

Read the damn thread and you will find it is against Ebay rules to sell digital goods...just because they got a slap on the wrist does not mean they are gone for good.

[quote name='dabebop']They even made mention that they will be away until the 28th of this month also.[/QUOTE]

Where was this mentioned? Another poster said Akino would be back on the 26th. I wonder why it keeps getting pushed back.

I'm sitting on some points for two games I'm hoping I can get from one of them instead.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Some idiot had to report them probably. Some people are just like that. Life's losers.[/QUOTE]

That is what I'm thinking... probably someone we know that was too impatient to wait over 48 hours for a code they were "promised" personally within that time.

If they were reported, they'd likely be shut down or no longer registered on EBay. However, as they're (technically) still active and sent out refunds, it would appear that their source simply dried up (as has been stated MANY times in this thread). That's the only thing that seems a reasonable explanation for giving back that much money.

Why people are intent to think anything else, I have no idea. Honestly, you don't always have someone to blame for killing a deal. Relax.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Some idiot had to report them probably. Some people are just like that. Life's losers.[/QUOTE]

Good for them. These sellers were in obvious violation of ebay's policy, and it's amazing they lasted as long as they did. Why should these guys be able to blatantly violate policy?

[quote name='2&2'] Why should these guys be able to blatantly violate policy?[/QUOTE]

Because we get good deals...and their policy is shit and should be updated...

[quote name='2&2']Good for them. These sellers were in obvious violation of ebay's policy, and it's amazing they lasted as long as they did. Why should these guys be able to blatantly violate policy?[/QUOTE]

They weren't hurting anyone, they were offering a great service, for a great price, and made lots of people happy. Just because they emailed the codes directly instead of putting them in a physical mailbox doesn't red flag "bad guy" to me. I don't even see what the problem is, honestly. Sour people (for whatever reason) always seem to spoil the fun of others. It's in their nature.

I can't invision a person getting a great XBLA game for half off and then saying, "You know what, this isn't right--this violates ebay policy so I guess I should report them."

[quote name='Kelegacy']
I can't invision a person getting a great XBLA game for half off and then saying, "You know what, this isn't right--this violates ebay policy so I guess I should report them."[/QUOTE]

Lmao apparently some doucher must have not gotten their Feeding Frenzy or Kingdom For Keflings in time and slapped the hammer down on our favorite ebay arcade sellers....congratulate yourself whomever they may be:applause:

[quote name='Kelegacy']They weren't hurting anyone, they were offering a great service, for a great price, and made lots of people happy. Just because they emailed the codes directly instead of putting them in a physical mailbox doesn't red flag "bad guy" to me. I don't even see what the problem is, honestly. Sour people (for whatever reason) always seem to spoil the fun of others. It's in their nature.

I can't invision a person getting a great XBLA game for half off and then saying, "You know what, this isn't right--this violates ebay policy so I guess I should report them."[/QUOTE]

Are you sure they weren't hurting anyone? do their sales even give any money to the developers of the game? If they don't it's essentially like we're paying for a pirated game. Microsoft doesn't get a cut, Developers don't get a cut, only these guys on ebay and their "distributors" get any money out of this. Oh and we save a few bucks. But these games are so inexpensive to start with I'd rather pay the few extra bucks to make sure I'm supporting the developers.

[quote name='Kelegacy']They weren't hurting anyone, they were offering a great service, for a great price, and made lots of people happy. Just because they emailed the codes directly instead of putting them in a physical mailbox doesn't red flag "bad guy" to me. I don't even see what the problem is, honestly. Sour people (for whatever reason) always seem to spoil the fun of others. It's in their nature.

It was 2&2 that ratted them out. Thanks a lot. :rofl:

Also, they were hurting someone. The evidence (or, rather, the deductions) points to illegally-acquired credit cards or some form of payment, which in turn were used to buy the codes full-price on Amazon.com and sold for cheaper to everyone else, but still turning out a profit. It was, in a sense, promoting criminal activity. But, now that they're gone, who knows where the money is going to know, or what is being purchased.. something is still going on, right?

[quote name='doodofdoods']Are you sure they weren't hurting anyone? do their sales even give any money to the developers of the game? If they don't it's essentially like we're paying for a pirated game. Microsoft doesn't get a cut, Developers don't get a cut, only these guys on ebay and their "distributors" get any money out of this. Oh and we save a few bucks. But these games are so inexpensive to start with I'd rather pay the few extra bucks to make sure I'm supporting the developers.[/QUOTE]
It was figured that the codes were still being purchased from Amazon.com's Xbox Live store for full-price, so royalties still went to Microsoft, the developer, publisher, and reseller (Amazon).

Are you sure they weren't hurting anyone? do their sales even give any money to the developers of the game? If they don't it's essentially like we're paying for a pirated game. Microsoft doesn't get a cut, Developers don't get a cut, only these guys on ebay and their "distributors" get any money out of this. Oh and we save a few bucks. But these games are so inexpensive to start with I'd rather pay the few extra bucks to make sure I'm supporting the developers.

You're assuming what they were doing was illegal or nearabouts. Microsoft points are fictitious. They aren't real currency. That's why there are so many deals on cards throughout the year, from $5 off to $20. I only buy cards when they are on sale, so I'm apparently hurting the developers by not paying full price?

I'm assuming they got a great deal on codes or cards and starting undercutting the competition (Microsoft, Amazon, etc). I don't see any harm in that at all. Like I said, MS's points are fictitious, so when I bought some of those great $30 4000pt cards and bought games with those points, developers still see the same result--it's a sold game. They still get their money regardless of how much I spent on the points or codes.

[quote name='dieresis']It was figured that the codes were still being purchased from Amazon.com's Xbox Live store for full-price, so royalties still went to Microsoft, the developer, publisher, and reseller (Amazon).[/QUOTE]

full price? If they can sell them for $5 and make a profit, that means they're getting them for less than half price. I doubt there's any legitimate way they could do that.

Last I checked these guys weren't banned from eBay and their accounts are still active. I'm gonna shoot him an e-mail and see what he (akino) says about the situation. Maybe he'll respond.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Last I checked these guys weren't banned from eBay and their accounts are still active. I'm gonna shoot him an e-mail and see what he (akino) says about the situation. Maybe he'll respond.[/QUOTE]

If he does, post it here. I'd like to know whats up. These guys were great.

I emailed him yesterday morning before Monsta Mack, asking him if he was going to be selling XBLA titles again soon and this is what he had to say:

"Dear linkinprime,

maybe i don't know yet thanks for your business

- akino91783"

I sent him an additional email, to see if I can get more info, I"ll keep you guys posted if he responds.

[quote name='doodofdoods']full price? If they can sell them for $5 and make a profit, that means they're getting them for less than half price. I doubt there's any legitimate way they could do that.[/QUOTE]
Their "sources" were using stolen credit cards and purchasing items off of Amazon with stolen money. The source isn't taking a loss, but the victim of the stolen credit card is. At least, this is what was deduced. Wasn't this already discussed a few pages back? Sheesh.

[quote name='dieresis']Their "sources" were using stolen credit cards and purchasing items off of Amazon with stolen money. The source isn't taking a loss, but the victim of the stolen credit card is. At least, this is what was deduced. Wasn't this already discussed a few pages back? Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh. From your post, I can deduce that you are an idiot, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. We have no clue if the method you describe is how they obtained the codes or not. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Sheesh.

[quote name='ddrlenz']Sucks...I was hoping to snag MvC2 from these guys. Sigh...[/QUOTE]

Me too I guess I'll just get it with my points and hope that they are back up when Turtles in Time comes out.
and if not I'll still have points thanks to these guys since I had 3100 before MvC2 download.

[quote name='dieresis']Their "sources" were using stolen credit cards and purchasing items off of Amazon with stolen money. The source isn't taking a loss, but the victim of the stolen credit card is. At least, this is what was deduced. Wasn't this already discussed a few pages back? Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

We don't know what they were doing and the victim doesn't take a hit. They get there money back with fraudulent activities. It's usually investigated and if Amazon says it was fraud the bank gives them there money back usually.

Source?
Proof?

[quote name='infamouz_don_carleon']anybody got any deals on 4000 MS Points???...that new COD:WAW Map Pack #3 is soon to drop and I want to get all 3 one time![/QUOTE]

Wait for the GOTY edition? :D

[quote name='lilboo']Source?
Proof?[/QUOTE]

Okay Perry Mason, you win. This guy just magically gets Live Points and Arcade Games at cheap enough prices to sell them this low because Microsoft likes him. Oh, and of course there's always the store-closed-down-and-sold-me-their-stock excuse. That's a cute one.

Pull your head out of the sand.

[quote name='yesiamaplant']
Pull your head out of the sand.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather just keep getting cheap xbla games and points...but maybe that's just me

FYI, Akino has posted a single game (connect 4) about 1.5 hrs ago. He may just be getting rid of a final code, who knows. Anyway it might be a good idea to keep checking back with him just to be safe.

[quote name='GibbGA']FYI, Akino has posted a single game (connect 4) about 1.5 hrs ago. He may just be getting rid of a final code, who knows. Anyway it might be a good idea to keep checking back with him just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this, C4 has always been one of those "if it goes on sale" titles that I wanted, so 6.50 is fine by me. :)

I guess hypocrites who keeps saying that these people used stolen blah blah blah are the ones who reported akino and all the others who were selling points at a cheap price.

So I thank you hypocrites who ruined it for everybody since most big box retail places don't sell points or games this low.

[quote name='vlv723']I guess hypocrites who keeps saying that these people used stolen blah blah blah are the ones who reported akino and all the others who were selling points at a cheap price.

So I thank you hypocrites who ruined it for everybody since most big box retail places don't sell points or games this low.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, THANK YOU!

Never underestimate the power of a group of idiots who think they know something.

bread's done
Back