Xbox Live Arcade explosion on eBay!

[quote name='sunfiredragon']Picked up 3 games at about 3PM today, a little worried since other users were reporting times of 2-5 hrs for responses.[/QUOTE]

People have to sleep SOMETIME..! :D

[quote name='Outinthedark']People have to sleep SOMETIME..! :D[/QUOTE]

This guy must sleep like a cat then, because I ordered Braid at 10:40 A.M. PST (the 22nd) and still haven't gotten anything back from him. Figured I'd give it a full 24 hrs. before I shoot off a message asking what's up. Who knows, maybe he's on vacation or something?

[quote name='ButchMcDick']This guy must sleep like a cat then, because I ordered Braid at 10:40 A.M. PST (the 22nd) and still haven't gotten anything back from him. Figured I'd give it a full 24 hrs. before I shoot off a message asking what's up. Who knows, maybe he's on vacation or something?[/QUOTE]

Summer semesters are also wrapping up...I waited 4 days...and it clearly states he has 3 to ship. Don't fret...other might be lucky to get a purchase in as soon as he is on but waiting a whopping 24 hours is nothing...:roll:

[quote name='Outinthedark']People have to sleep SOMETIME..! :D[/QUOTE]

Apparently you are correct sir, got mine this AM. I can confirm that all the codes worked (at least for me). Very happy with my purchases!

The guy that was selling the 4000 point cards for $30 (this guy) is no longer a registered ebay user.

I think he was taken down. Also, I was away for a while, and I just noticed that jamaican doesn't have any more games.

[quote name='RudyPants']I ordered Peggle last night and got my code first thing this morning. I'll definitely be grabbing Lode Runner from him soon.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I ordered Catan from him like 3 days ago and have yet to even receive a message from him. What is worse is that the listing was taken down, but my paypal payment has already cleared. I messaged him a couple nights ago about it as soon as I saw the listing taken down since it was no longer in my "won items" category. I had ordered something from him in the past with no problems which is why I am kind of shocked to not even hear what is going on with it.

[quote name='evophile']Ha ha I was eyeing that too. His 2 for deal makes it even better[/QUOTE]

Just remember the eBay coda:

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Since there have been other successful 4000 point sellers at that price range it gives me pause, though.

I'm too much of a chicken to try it myself though. That, and I don't use points much anyway. Mostly wanted them for delicious MvC2 down the road and a few other Arcade games.

Games include Braid, Lode Runner, Penny Arcade Episode 1, Porta
signature_Sign.jpg
:)

Yaya first post and all that... eBay has been pretty harsh on these sellers. I found a really nice seller a few days back, during the course of these days I've kept close email contact with him. He's had many auctions pulled and had a general nightmare with eBay, I guess it's the same for the other sellers mentioned here. What I'm trying to say is... most are probably legit, although it may seem too good to be true (watch out for the obvious scams though).

Anyway, my guy managed to get pretty good feedback while he was allowed to sell: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gamerbuddy
Now he's set up a website instead with really nice prices, so if anyone is looking for a place to purchase, I can vouch for www.gamerbuddy.us

[quote name='alextaro']Yaya first post and all that... eBay has been pretty harsh on these sellers. I found a really nice seller a few days back, during the course of these days I've kept close email contact with him. He's had many auctions pulled and had a general nightmare with eBay, I guess it's the same for the other sellers mentioned here. What I'm trying to say is... most are probably legit, although it may seem too good to be true (watch out for the obvious scams though).

Anyway, my guy managed to get pretty good feedback while he was allowed to sell: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gamerbuddy
Now he's set up a website instead with really nice prices, so if anyone is looking for a place to purchase, I can vouch for www.gamerbuddy.us[/QUOTE]

Hmm, his prices definitely beats the German guy. Temptiing...

[quote name='alextaro']Yaya first post and all that... eBay has been pretty harsh on these sellers. I found a really nice seller a few days back, during the course of these days I've kept close email contact with him. He's had many auctions pulled and had a general nightmare with eBay, I guess it's the same for the other sellers mentioned here. What I'm trying to say is... most are probably legit, although it may seem too good to be true (watch out for the obvious scams though).

Now he's set up a website instead with really nice prices, so if anyone is looking for a place to purchase, I can vouch for www.gamerbuddy.us[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Bookmarked for future point buying.

Ordered Castle Crashers as a test from Akino since I see mixed results from people on this thread. For some it took 24 hours or more before they got the code. I purchased around 7:30am PDT.

[quote name='alextaro']

YAYAYA, your 1st post .. you can vouch for the guy? Your a CAG NEWBIE whom just joined this month .. like hell we care who you vouche for. DAMN! hehe

Yeah, besides, I've had no troubles with the German seller, kurhn_de. Order 12,000 points from him with no worries. However, if you do order from any of these for points cards. Don't get more than 2 at a time since you have a daily with MS to redeem the codes.

When the new people came along (the classified German guy, the Chinese "distributor" and this new gamerbuddy) the point and month cards shot up on Amazon. This makes me suspicious... so I've cut back on spending on this stuff in general. If I do buy something, it'll be from Akino and Jamaicanswif.

Nice observation Guerilla. Now I've haven't been on the lookout for such a long time, but weren't the 13 month cards always $49.99 on Amazon?

And EnronLackey... Yeah, as a new member I might not be the best vouching member, but hey -- was just trying to help a buddy who supplied me with some nice goods and is now having trouble. Judging by his eBay feedback, he must've sold a few. I guess there has to be some veteran CAG out there who has purchased from him and can vouch?

Well I have talked back and forth with Akino about my Catan code and he said he was going to supply the code still. However, he has been late on doing that even after he gave me a specific time that he was going to do it in, I am honestly getting pretty annoyed about it at this point since the payment was made 5 days ago now.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Well I have talked back and forth with Akino about my Catan code and he said he was going to supply the code still. However, he has been late on doing that even after he gave me a specific time that he was going to do it in, I am honestly getting pretty annoyed about it at this point since the payment was made 5 days ago now.[/QUOTE]
That sucks. I wonder what the deal is? Guess I shouldn't complain that it took a day and a half for mine to show up.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Well I have talked back and forth with Akino about my Catan code and he said he was going to supply the code still. However, he has been late on doing that even after he gave me a specific time that he was going to do it in, I am honestly getting pretty annoyed about it at this point since the payment was made 5 days ago now.[/QUOTE]

Longest i've waited was 7 you will get your code in due time they both have sold almost a thousand codes in the last 2 months so im pretty sure they are busy but just message him 2 or 3 more times or request a freebie :)

At least you've gotten a response from him. I ordered Carcassone from him about five days ago too, I've sent him a few messages about it, but he hasn't responded to them. I'm willing to trust him, he's sent me a code for a game I ordered the same day with no problems, and he's pulled through for lots of CAGers, but it'd be nice if he at least gave me some kind of response.

[quote name='Guerrilla']When the new people came along (the classified German guy, the Chinese "distributor" and this new gamerbuddy) the point and month cards shot up on Amazon. This makes me suspicious... so I've cut back on spending on this stuff in general. If I do buy something, it'll be from Akino and Jamaicanswif.[/QUOTE]

It is highly dubious I can agree on that. However, there is no way to prove this with hard evidence. Truthfully, next time I buy from them I won't exceed 8000 points. I'm still pretty stingy on the points I've bough already.

[quote name='Not_Taken']At least you've gotten a response from him. I ordered Carcassone from him about five days ago too, I've sent him a few messages about it, but he hasn't responded to them. I'm willing to trust him, he's sent me a code for a game I ordered the same day with no problems, and he's pulled through for lots of CAGers, but it'd be nice if he at least gave me some kind of response.[/QUOTE]

He has sent me a code before with no problems as well which is why I am a little shocked about this. I should have received my code already from what he said in his last message (he said within 24 hours), yet he didn't send it again. Worthless responses if he doesn't follow through, I would have honestly rather just filed a dispute with paypal rather than getting my hopes up. It may have only been $6, but I won't put up with getting ripped off for any amount.

It's not ebay, but there's folks selling 4000 pt codes here for $30 a pop through Paypal. My transaction was successful with this one, and it was fast and friendly.

24 hours after my purchase and nothing yet from Akino. I think I will wait until tomorrow before I email. He might be busy but for a code we shouldn't have to wait 5-7 days imho.

[quote name='Cephiros']24 hours after my purchase and nothing yet from Akino. I think I will wait until tomorrow before I email. He might be busy but for a code we shouldn't have to wait 5-7 days imho.[/QUOTE]

Right as I was posting to say that I purchased Peggle early yesterday afternoon and still haven't heard anything, an e-mail just popped up with the redemption code. :p

After sending him another message today since I waited another 2 days after he said he would send the code within 24 hours I finally have my code. I am sure he has a lot of confusion going on since it would seem that a few of his listings were removed by eBay, so he may take a while and need a few reminders to anyone that hasn't received their code(s) yet. He wasn't a bad person to deal with, it just took longer than I had expected and more work on my part than I should have had to do. Either way I would probably order from him again if he list any other games I would be interested in, my first order had 0 issues and this one was just waiting and messaging mostly.

Well, after my very first message to him which was very polite and not demanding. He was sent my code for Castle Crashers. He does say not to say anything about receiving a code in feedback but in his own store description he says sells codes.

Maybe he should change that so Ebay doesn't crack down on him. I will buy from him again in the future. There are a handful of games in his store I want.

You guys have just been messaging akino's ebay account, right? I've sent him several messages through there, and he has not responded to a single one.

[quote name='Not_Taken']You guys have just been messaging akino's ebay account, right? I've sent him several messages through there, and he has not responded to a single one.[/QUOTE]

I messaged his ebay account. He didn't respond to my first message at all and it took about 6 or so messages to finally get everything resolved. My guess is that he has a lot of these coming in due to ebay removing some of the listings and he is working them out as quick as he can. The listings that are still up are going to receive the code much earlier than anyone else since he should be able to see all of that still.

[quote name='Cephiros']Well, after my very first message to him which was very polite and not demanding. He was sent my code for Castle Crashers. He does say not to say anything about receiving a code in feedback but in his own store description he says sells codes.

Maybe he should change that so Ebay doesn't crack down on him. I will buy from him again in the future. There are a handful of games in his store I want.[/QUOTE]

I think he only wants you to avoid mentioning that he e-mailed the code - not that he sold you a code. If he typed it and sent it snail-mail or sent you a physical game-card with the code I think he'd be fine - I think it's the e-mailing that violates e-bays rules. I haven't read the rules but that's the gist I've got being on the buying side several times.

So, I've just now become aware of this stuff on ebay--I'm considering pulling the trigger on two 4000 pt cards from "Kurhn_de" for $61...is there any particular reason I shouldn't? It seems too good of a deal, but then again, lots of people on here claim that they are getting their codes. I just can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something obvious, like these codes only work in bizzarro world...

I bought 3 codes in one day a couple weeks ago from Kurhn_de and had no problems. Got the codes in less than 20 mins usually. MS only lets you put in 8k pts a day in though.

I think what has been speculated but not proven with hard evidence here at CAG is all these codes from very dubious means.

[quote name='vlv723']So has anyone tried this person yet? Saving $3 would be nice for buying 8000 pts...[/QUOTE]

Just sent in an order for two cards. Waiting for a response.

EDIT: Both worked perfectly! Took 29 minutes to get code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Yahtzee for 5.97 (I'm a sucker for the game ) with an Ebay 8% off coupon.

Didn't plan on buying anything expensive off ebay and the coupon expired on the 30th :p

Order from Akino once again .. this time 2 games: 1942: Joint Strike and Outrun Online .. got both code in 5 hours time .. extremely satisfied and will buy from him again

Picked up Assault Heroes 2 from Akino for $6. Don't know how he does it but it's cheaper than a subway sandwich. Gonna get Metal Slug 3 next. Remember to use bing.com and get 8% back...yep I'm cheap.

bread's done
Back