Xbox Live Compensation - Undertow Was Free 1/23-1/27

Maybe its a sign my 360 is on its last legs? I can't seem to get COD4 to load a map, and my friends list has everyone as online with no gamerpic.

I already bought undertow (Regretably) In mid december.
I changed my live ID a few weeks ago. Now they can't find my purchase of undertow in my account history, when it's clealy there. I already went through 3 hours and 6 people. I gave them all information about everything and still, nothing. Doesn't help when they can't speak english or comprehend it..Why they always get those people, I have no clue.
So now, I have to wait 5-10 days for a supervisor to call, and they'll probably say they can't do anything.

fuck microsoft. -_-

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Maybe its a sign my 360 is on its last legs? I can't seem to get COD4 to load a map, and my friends list has everyone as online with no gamerpic.[/quote]

My transfers have been shit as well. I'd assume it's our region, amongst many others, that are seeing issues with Live.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Maybe its a sign my 360 is on its last legs? I can't seem to get COD4 to load a map, and my friends list has everyone as online with no gamerpic.[/quote]

I been having some issues with COD4, about 20 Hosts dropped before i could even get into a damn game and it takes nearly 10 to 20 Min's to even find a damn game.

I'm really enjoying Undertow, just finished an epic 40min ranked match, target was 400, I think I got the last kill to win and the other team finished on 399, talk about tense.

Only annoying thing was I had my nerd points score sitting at 39999 and now it's crossed over the 40k (the 100 kills achievemint unlocked), still twas good fun.

the game is pretty sweet, a lot better than i expect so i don't know why everyone is hating on it. i wouldn't say it's worth 10 bucks but i can see it for 5 for sure. once you get the hang of things it's pretty much a dumb down version of battlefield mixed with a 2d shooter. i was getting confused at first with the whole changing character class, but it's easy once you know how they each handle.

I played a little bit of Undertow today. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either. I don't really see myself playing it more then a few times.

Single player sucks unless you can play coop on ultimate and multiplayer vs. is alright also. If you can't play multi, the game will be crap. Otherwise it's not bad at all.

Well I just got it and from 5 minutes of playing I didn't like it. I'm really freaking tired so maybe I'll enjoy it more when I'm more fresh. But it was still free so I'm not going to complain.

Also I hope any DLC for this game turns out to be free.

Tough to believe teh problems are still so rampant.

I donwloaded the game last night no problem in about the length of a long commercial break. It kind of sucks but I'm not complaining, I may give it a go co-op with a buddy when I'm bored sometime but other than that I can't see myself playing it much.

this is pretty pathetic. I'm trying to DL the DMC4 demo and getting disconnected from Live almost every 5 minutes :/
Undertow does not assuage my frustration, but thanks microsoft. :p

It took me about an hour to download undertow yesterday and before that I was trying to play COD4 with little luck. I definately think its the tri state area or the north east that is having the biggest problems with connection issues.

I've found that it really does make a big impact what time you try and connect, though.

I downloaded Undertow yesterday around 2pm, it took about 5 minutes. My friend downloaded it around 8 pm, and it took about 20 minutes.

On that note, too, I've been playing the hell out of TF2, and there's a definite disparity between afternoon/evening. I tried to play last night around 9pm, and I couldn't find a single non-laggy game. The last three afternoons have been perfect, though.

Oh, well, back on topic... I'm enjoying Undertow. I haven't really given it my full attention since I just bought some other stuff, but I really did like the hour or so I played. I was expecting less, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I called about the rebate Major Nelson said you could get if you already had it. There was no wait, points got credited instantly, and the guy on the phone knew exactly what I was talking about once I said "Undertow". I was afraid they wouldn't know what I was talking about and I'd have to provide a scavenger hunt of website URLs just to get to Major Nelson's buried comment about it.

Probably the most pain free and efficient experience I've had calling that number.

The only reason they gave us this crap free was how poorly it sold.. and now its free -_-V

Its terrible.. soooo boring. Not even worth the DL.

At least we coulda got Zuma or Bejeweled -_-V

I've never posted here, but after seeing all the unjustified Undertow hate I just had to chime in.

I was initially attracted by the surface similarities to Bangai-o on Dreamcast (I bet nobody remembers that), but I think it's got the perfect combination of strategy and action. It's deceptively simple and you need to invest more than 5 minutes in it to make your judgment IMO; some of the online matches can get surprisingly intense.

So, what the fuck is wrong with you, haters? :p This is probably the best game on XBLA. I bought it day one and haven't regretted it once. I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea I guess, but I'm having a hard time accepting that it "sucks."

(Then again, I guess it'll keep all the whiny impatient people out of my games :X)

This game is ok. I can't say that I've ever played an underwater scuba shooter ever (well besides maybe a few stages in Crash Warped for PS1)

[quote name='halobender'] Bangai-o on Dreamcast (I bet nobody remembers that),[/QUOTE]

shit ninja i was playin that shit when u was sucking on your (appropriately-gendered parent)'s (appropriately-gendered erogenous bits)

Undertow infuriates me. It wants to be a fun game, but the character change, upgrades, and shooting system is just really unbalanced, and makes for an irritating experience. But, god damn, at least this isn't Ecco the Dolphin.

It's a fun game, IMO. But I realize that shooters aren't for the average Xbox 360 owner. I already bought it, so I did call up customer service and received 800 points. Now what to spend it on!:cool:

[quote name='mogamer']It's a fun game, IMO. But I realize that shooters aren't for the average Xbox 360 owner. I already bought it, so I did call up customer service and received 800 points. Now what to spend it on!:cool:[/quote]

Score!

I like the game and I still have to call to get my 800 pts back, but I hate that I can't stay connected to a multiplayer game of it. fucking irony.

Similar to Bangai-O? Uhhh, no offense, but how? Other than being a sidescroller where you fly around and shoot things, there is literally no other similarity... And that description could easily fit hundreds of other games.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']The only reason they gave us this crap free was how poorly it sold.. and now its free -_-V
[/QUOTE]

It sold poorly because it came out in the same month that all the AAA titles came out, not because it's a bad game.

[quote name='insertcleverthing']Similar to Bangai-O? Uhhh, no offense, but how? Other than being a sidescroller where you fly around and shoot things, there is literally no other similarity... And that description could easily fit hundreds of other games.[/quote]

Have you played Bangai-O? You're in a ship, you can boost, and shoot in 8 directions around you independently of your ship's movement. Yes, there are many sidescrolling shooters, but only a handful of them use this specific game mechanic.

Well at least that insult was appropriately gendered.

Does undertow suck? Its a matter of opinion, mine leans more towards yes than No but it does seem to be getting a hefty amount of hate in here. Like i said earlier, it looks like it coudl be somethign fun to play co-op with a friend when neither one of you has something better to do when you would like to just chat and chill.

I really doubt though, that there is anybody in here reading this who would rather have malfunctioning XBL AND undertow instead of a properly functioning online gaming community to begin with (which is what they paid for in the first place)!

[quote name='halobender']Have you played Bangai-O? You're in a ship, you can boost, and shoot in 8 directions around you independently of your ship's movement. Yes, there are many sidescrolling shooters, but only a handful of them use this specific game mechanic.[/quote]

Still seems like a stretch to lump them together. One is fast, crazy, and quirky and the other is about slowly taking over control points on a map. I suppose I understand the connection as far as the controls department is concerned albeit without the 400 heat-seeking missle launch button. So pretty...

Man screw this- I'm going to go hook up my Dreamcast now...

[quote name='insertcleverthing']Still seems like a stretch to lump them together. One is fast, crazy, and quirky and the other is about slowly taking over control points on a map. I suppose I understand the connection as far as the controls department is concerned albeit without the 400 heat-seeking missle launch button. So pretty...

Man screw this- I'm going to go hook up my Dreamcast now...[/quote]

Oh, yeah, I wasn't really lumping them together. The "surface similarities" as I said before were what initially attracted me to Undertow when I first saw previews for it. I wish Undertow had a berzerk-oshit missile launch button though. >:D

I guess I'm just sad that people aren't giving this game a chance, especially now that it's free. It's fine if someone doesn't like it, but saying it "sucks" after playing for 5 minutes and/or not even really touching multiplayer is really unfair.

Undertow isn't very fun, Xbox Live is still fucked up, and there's no real XBLA release this week. Way to go, Microsoft.

On top of that, the free undertow was barely advertised, no apology on the XBL blade, and it's only for a few days? Bullshit.

Microsoft needs to make Xbox Live free, add dedicated servers, and fix their backwards DRM rules so I can play my Live Arcade Games offline. Assholes.

[quote name='halobender']I've never posted here, but after seeing all the unjustified Undertow hate I just had to chime in.

I was initially attracted by the surface similarities to Bangai-o on Dreamcast (I bet nobody remembers that), but I think it's got the perfect combination of strategy and action. It's deceptively simple and you need to invest more than 5 minutes in it to make your judgment IMO; some of the online matches can get surprisingly intense.

So, what the fuck is wrong with you, haters? :p This is probably the best game on XBLA. I bought it day one and haven't regretted it once. I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea I guess, but I'm having a hard time accepting that it "sucks."

(Then again, I guess it'll keep all the whiny impatient people out of my games :X)[/quote]
I agree with you, I don't understand the hate at all. One of the most full-featured games on the arcade!

Anywho, I loved Bangai-O. Oddly enough, it was that game that killed one of my old dreamcast (A controller or something must have shorted, as the game froze, and the system wouldn't recieve any controller input anymore.) I kinda had to laugh that the "MISSLE BLOOMS!" where exploding left and right when it happened.

I wonder how much people would complain if the Bangai-O ship was in this game... Man that'd be overpowered.

it's not that it's bad. I just don't think it's fun. And there was no new XBLA game this week because of it. Rez should have come out this week! I'll take a paid for rez over a free undertow anyday.

[quote name='Krohboy']What do you say when you call, the agents I talked to didn't know about it.[/quote]

Transfer me to an American?

Err no, just kidding, sort of. I grabbed Undertow today and didn't think it was fun in the least but whatever, seeing as I didn't expect ANY compensation for my lack of XBL during my only vacation time all year (thanks), a free game is a free game.

Okay im digging the Online Multiplayer, but one thing confuses me, In one of the games there is like this bomb one guy dropped that Killed everyone and got like a 100 kills after doing it like 5 times....WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

It's basically Robotron meets Battlefront (the FPS series). You move and shoot just like Robotron (or Geometry Wars). And you win a map just like battlefront - have to control given points, and have X number of troops per side, which counts down as they get killed.

It's not a bad idea, I think it's just hurt by the setting (underwater). The combination of sluggish movement and hard to see graphics (blue units on aqua-greenish blue water) make it not much fun to play, IMHO.

I'd much rather have had another month of Gold. I had a month card (plus my first free month) and I got very little use out of it.

[quote name='joe2187']Okay im digging the Online Multiplayer, but one thing confuses me, In one of the games there is like this bomb one guy dropped that Killed everyone and got like a 100 kills after doing it like 5 times....WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?[/quote]

Depth Charge, which is used via the LT button I assume? The amount of charges you have is designated by the little circles next to your health bar. I believe you can hold up to 5 or 6.

I don't mind the multiplayer...although I often disconnect before the game ends. (I think the host is leaving...). From both the games I played though I got first...however I only use the corsair and maaaaybe the destroyer (Or w/e the one with the fast rockets is called). For some reason in 1 on 1 battles I lose like 80% of the time if I'm using a gun like a marine or a dragoon...and its fully upgraded too. My dragoon has awful range...

But anyway, where exactly can I go to see my total kills/depth charge kills?

[quote name='Draekon']Depth Charge, which is used via the LT button I assume? The amount of charges you have is designated by the little circles next to your health bar. I believe you can hold up to 5 or 6.[/quote]

yeah i know those ones, this bomb is like a shockwave where the whole enemy team is obliterated in one shot, thats what i was talking about.

bread's done
Back