Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going in the same boat as the people waiting to buy.

Glad I waited on ZA and it looks like next week I will be getting Monkey Island.

Anyone else find that their MSP went up by 400 points today?

I bought ZA over the weekend and just noticed that my points are back up to the pre-ZA purchase level. Maybe it's the 400MSP from the Block Party promo? I can't tell if I was given an extra month of Gold to go with it. Pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to get the Block Party promo rewards since I got TS, SM, and PD by redeeming codes.

I downloaded all the trials for Block Party, but the only game I actually bought was Perfect Dark.

Still, I got those mysterious 400 extra MS points too.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I downloaded all the trials for Block Party, but the only game I actually bought was Perfect Dark.

Still, I got those mysterious 400 extra MS points too.[/QUOTE]

I didn't download all of the trails and I didn't buy any of the games from that either but still got the 400 pts. For the longest time I thought maybe I just read it wrong and all but now it's not seeming like it lol.

To be fair, XX *is* the newest one, an improved version of the retail DS game, Metal Slug 7, I believe. I can sort of see a higher price tag when the game exists in retail. Metal Slug 3 is still $10 and it's a much older game with less content. XX adds online play and has 7's pretty fun mission mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zmonkay']lol, my memory could be faulty, but I'm pretty sure mine went up too :D (only bought PD)[/QUOTE]

Same here. And I know I didn't even download the trials of some of the other bloc party games.

[quote name='reddjoey']Today. Also, it was recently rated by the ESRB.

If you go to http://xbla.snkplaymoreusa.com/ it's now dated and that looks official enough for me.

FYI: MS has said they are going quiet till E3 so we are playing by ear till then.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the ESRB. I'm a bit bugged by the price. Anywho, I'll probably get this on day 1, to show support for the series. I'll probably also get part 3. I wish that they'd release the rest of the on XBLA. Of course, another way of looking at the price is that if I were to play it in the arcade, I'd probably burn through that much money in a hurry.

Did the PSP version have the option of unlimited credits? I liked how
the player was allowed to choose in the game R-Type Dimensions.

If they want to have an option to make the blood white, let them
add the option. Don't make me jump through hoops to make it red.
Also, since it was zombies doing the puking, have an option to make
the blood green.

I don't think Metal Slug XX has zombies, actually. I agree that censoring the US versions of Metal Slug is really lame and unnecessary though.

For $5? Absolutely worth it, if only to experience some classic gaming. To get some context, you know? You'll realize some of today's games could use stand to have a lot better writers.

Also, aside from that, the graphics are kinda perty, the puzzles are somewhat challenging, but not mind wrenching, and the story is very satisfying. Not bad for $5.

Now, would I pay $15? No.

[quote name='jab1235']is monkey island worth the 400 points? i've havn't played any of the games.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The game's writing stands up really well. The gameplay does show it's age (having to switch through they melting mugs was a pain) but is not a huge setback. You may feel it's short, but don't worry they tied an achievement to it

[quote name='wampa8jedi']No extra points for me...

But in good news, the new MTG expansion is out! Wohoo![/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. I immediately when to xbox.com and got it.

i have GTA4 & LatD on disc, should i pop 1200 points for TBoGT? or should i just get the combo disc instead (which doesn't need my GTA4 disc to play)...

decisions... decisions...

[quote name='basis']i have GTA4 & LatD on disc, should i pop 1200 points for TBoGT? or should i just get the combo disc instead (which doesn't need my GTA4 disc to play)...

decisions... decisions...[/QUOTE]

Check your nearest Target. I got the combo disc for $10 about 10 days ago. Alas, I had previously purchased the download of LatD but hey, $10 for the ballad is even better than $15!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']No extra points for me...

But in good news, the new MTG expansion is out! Wohoo![/QUOTE]

I've got MTG, but haven't taken it for a spin yet. Would I be better served to buy the expansion to have those cards available from the get-go, or wait and get it after I've played with the existing cards/decks. What about the 80-pt. add on decks?

[quote name='Tybee']I've got MTG, but haven't taken it for a spin yet. Would I be better served to buy the expansion to have those cards available from the get-go, or wait and get it after I've played with the existing cards/decks. What about the 80-pt. add on decks?[/QUOTE]

The 80pt decks just unlock decks that you would unlock for free through normal play.

[quote name='Draken Zero']Here's an odd question:

Would any of you recommend TBoGT to anyone who didnt like GTA4?[/QUOTE]

i found tbogt to be the most fun of all 3 gta4 tales, and the most action packed.

Ridiculous price for Metal Slug XX even if it you factor in the retail versions of 7 & XX. I picked up the Anthology (1-6, X) for $10 shipped. More than enough Slug to tide me over for a long time. I suggest people buy that and pick up XX when you feel the urge to slug again, by that time it will have been on sale or the DS/PSP games will be $5. No reason to support XBLA at $15 for games that should be $5-10. Unless you want more games to be higher priced.

[quote name='Halo05']Check your nearest Target. I got the combo disc for $10 about 10 days ago. Alas, I had previously purchased the download of LatD but hey, $10 for the ballad is even better than $15![/QUOTE]
good to know. I'm tempted to buy for 1200 points, but I figure maybe I could just rent TBOGT (Already have Lost and Damned). Or pick it up on clearance at some point. Are there new multiplayer modes for TBOGT?

[quote name='J7.']Ridiculous price for Metal Slug XX even if it you factor in the retail versions of 7 & XX. I picked up the Anthology (1-6, X) for $10 shipped. More than enough Slug to tide me over for a long time. I suggest people buy that and pick up XX when you feel the urge to slug again, by that time it will have been on sale or the DS/PSP games will be $5. No reason to support XBLA at $15 for games that should be $5-10. Unless you want more games to be higher priced.[/QUOTE]
I sort of agree with you on the price. In all fairness 7 launched at $30, and even though the $15 price point is pretty steep for a DLC game, it's a far cry from new Metal Slug games costing $300 on the Neo Geo. I normally would hold on until a 1200 point game goes on sale for 800, but I don't recall any SNK XBLA games ever been on sale. :(

I'm an avid Metal Slug fan but I still tell everyone to avoid the Metal Slug Collection because of its input lag issues. The Neo Geo collection for the PS2 had the same spotty emulation for MS1. That being said, if less than responsive controls don't bother you then the Collection can't be beat for the price.

[quote name='Thrinn']I sort of agree with you on the price. In all fairness 7 launched at $30, and even though the $15 price point is pretty steep for a DLC game, it's a far cry from new Metal Slug games costing $300 on the Neo Geo. I normally would hold on until a 1200 point game goes on sale for 800, but I don't recall any SNK XBLA games ever been on sale. :(

I'm an avid Metal Slug fan but I still tell everyone to avoid the Metal Slug Collection because of its input lag issues. The Neo Geo collection for the PS2 had the same spotty emulation for MS1. That being said, if less than responsive controls don't bother you then the Collection can't be beat for the price.[/QUOTE]

Are people still buying the arcade versions? I guess that if you have a lot
of loose money, and really, really liked the games, you could do that.

Anywho, what they need to do is release all of the other Metal Slugs
on XBLA. I might go and buy XX on day 1, to encourage more new
ones, as well as old ones, to see the light of day.

Is this the first Metal Slug game to not see an arcade release?

[quote name='JDUB X']1200 point games kinda making me not care about live arcade anymore :([/QUOTE]

I'm not so much bugged about the prices as I am about how big the games are. I don't mind if a game is a couple of hundred megs, but a lot now are
between 1.5 and 2 gigs. I miss small games.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Is this the first Metal Slug game to not see an arcade release?[/QUOTE]There's a handful of handheld exclusive games (pardon the terrible pun), but this is the first console release that didn't hit arcades.

[quote name='JK-C']For $5? Absolutely worth it, if only to experience some classic gaming. To get some context, you know? You'll realize some of today's games could use stand to have a lot better writers.

Also, aside from that, the graphics are kinda perty, the puzzles are somewhat challenging, but not mind wrenching, and the story is very satisfying. Not bad for $5.

Now, would I pay $15? No.[/QUOTE]

I still long for the days when games had funny writing. These days, it's either Tim Schafer or nothing.

I pulled the trigger on Monkey Island, I also bought Zeno Clash a few days ago. It's a fun game, but 1200 is a little bit of a stretch price wise.

[quote name='Thrinn']I sort of agree with you on the price. In all fairness 7 launched at $30, and even though the $15 price point is pretty steep for a DLC game, it's a far cry from new Metal Slug games costing $300 on the Neo Geo. I normally would hold on until a 1200 point game goes on sale for 800, but I don't recall any SNK XBLA games ever been on sale. :(

I'm an avid Metal Slug fan but I still tell everyone to avoid the Metal Slug Collection because of its input lag issues. The Neo Geo collection for the PS2 had the same spotty emulation for MS1. That being said, if less than responsive controls don't bother you then the Collection can't be beat for the price.[/QUOTE]

I don't know of any input lag on the PS2 version and haven't read of any emulation issues on PS2. Just slowdown where the original arcade games also had slowdown, which makes it truly the same. The PS2 version also supports full arcade stick functionality. If anyone looks into getting the anthology, they should definitely choose the PS2 version, the Wii version's controls suck and the PSP has long load times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back