Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']Picked up Duke Nukem even though people told me the PS1 version is better because it has all the levels, it was more expensive though.[/QUOTE]

Someone tried to trick you. The PS1 version might have a few more levels but at ~12 FPS and no dual analog control option, it's a chore to play. The XBLA version is brilliant.

Originally Posted by tominater12
My 360 better get back from repair before this deal of the week ends.
You can also buy the games on the live website and just download them when you get your 360 back.

with all the games im gonna buy i could hold off on braid until it goes to 400...i agree that its not a deal now that 800 is its msrp...

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Someone should update that Puzzle Quest 2 is coming on the 23rd as well. That's been confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Any idea on a price for PQ2?

:pray:for 800 points.

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Someone should update that Puzzle Quest 2 is coming on the 23rd as well. That's been confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Where was it confirmed, as this is awesome news.

[quote name='destro4eva']Any idea on a price for PQ2?

:pray:for 800 points.[/QUOTE]

It will either be 1200 or 1600, so you should hope for 1200.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Where was it confirmed, as this is awesome news.
[/QUOTE]

I just googled Puzzle Quest 2 XBLA June 23 and got several news articles. Figured that means it's official :]

OK so how is braid on sale for 800? I thought it is at that price now permanently due to being a part of the GH Arcade line (or whatever they are calling it...) can someone clarify?

[quote name='abhinav']OK so how is braid on sale for 800? I thought it is at that price now permanently due to being a part of the GH Arcade line (or whatever they are calling it...) can someone clarify?[/QUOTE]

From the OP:

"Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has no been addressed yet) "

Thanks, but those don't equal confirmed. I'll wait till after E3 to add it since PQ2 will be at E3 and I'm sure a few days wait for a real confirmation won't kill you. You guys are free to continue discussing and speculating though.

And to whoever asked. Xbox.com lists it as 1200pts.

(As a side note, The DS game is out 22 June. And the publisher D3 says "soon after", so 23 June is likely. After the, "Doom II taking six month to come out 'soon' listing," I try to avoid putting "questionable" info out there.)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']From the OP:

"Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has no been addressed yet) "[/QUOTE]

Thanks for doing that. I missed a "t" there. I went back and made it nice and big and red

Last edited by a moderator:
Redjoey, I'd like to make a formal suggestion/request.

Considering this is quite possibly the most massive XBLA sale to date, and your thread is bloated deep and buried in the anals of CAG, would you consider taking your OP and creating a "DoTW part 2" thread, so it can begin fresh?

That would also prevent 17 1/2 more threads in the next two weeks from people who don't know this thread exists and making a new "Shadow Complex 560 points!" thread.

In for Shadow Complex and SoTN, with 60 points to spare.

In for a couple of games. Just picked up points the other day and was thinking to myself...what should I get?. Great timeing. May have to get some more points. Not much of a XBLA player so I haven't touched most of those games yet.

Maybe. What's to stop a new thread from failing back. It's up to us to to keep this thread up towards the front.

Let's discuss.

I do agree the thread is getting bloaty

Oh man, I just spent 800 points on Peggle and Worms 2. And now MvC2, Shadow Complex, And Symphony of the Night all half off! Maybe even Braid! I shouldn't be spending 20 right now but it's better than spending 40 in the future right?

[quote name='reddjoey']Maybe. What's to stop a new thread from failing back. It's up to us to to keep this thread up towards the front.

Let's discuss.

I do agree the thread is getting bloaty[/QUOTE]

I think, if anything, this thread should at least be stickied. The weekly ads get stickied, there should be no reason the "weekly ad" for XBLA deals shouldn't be stickied either.

It's a guarantee there is a deal every week (unlike the other services) and you do a really fantastic job of updating the OP.

[quote name='ElBlueGuey']Oh man, I just spent 800 points on Peggle and Worms 2. And now MvC2, Shadow Complex, And Symphony of the Night all half off! Maybe even Braid! I shouldn't be spending 20 right now but it's better than spending 40 in the future right?[/QUOTE]

Yes and well worth it, trust me. I've just waited for sales now for awhile instead of buying xbla games @ release date and it's worked fine now. Looking forward to E3 week in general but the sales help too.

If you do make a new thread please post a link to this thread in it.

[quote name='genfuyung']I was really surprised that I liked kingdom for keflings. It isnt my type of game at and I picked it up the last time it went on sale and played it for hours without even realizing how much time was passing.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Halo05']Someone tried to trick you. The PS1 version might have a few more levels but at ~12 FPS and no dual analog control option, it's a chore to play. The XBLA version is brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Great news. Haha I don't think he was trying to trick me, but that's funny. Happy with this version!

Not seeing this option on Live but is there any way to buy just 600 points for Shadow Complex? Seems kind of silly I have to buy $10 worth of points to get a $7 game.

[quote name='polo14player']serious sam?? worth 800 ms points? anybody buy it?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of the FPS genre. That being said, I played the trial and I really enjoyed Serious Sam. I'm not sure if I'll bite at 800, though. I have a feeling that, once the second part is released, we will see a lower price for the first one. I still have a day to make my mind up.

I agree that this thread should definitely either be stickied or remade as a Version II. That being said I really appreciate the work you do reddjoey on this thread, its one of my most visited ones on CAG this year!

I have already spoken about the other deals, but I am looking forward to getting Puzzle Quest 2, though I still do not know which to get it for, this or the DS. Anyone have any idea if there will be any difference between the two? (And please not the obvious of one is a handheld, one controls differently and the prices.)

The 360 version will have better graphics, sound, and online play. Same old differences as the first Puzzle Quest.... And thus, I will again prefer it on 360.

Hmm, but I know others who will have it on the DS so the online really is not a huge deal. I have a feeling I will eventually get it for both, but I think I may stick with the DS version again if that is all that is different. Most likely the very instant the XBLA version goes on sale I will beat the game all over on it hahaha.

[quote name='eastx']The 360 version will have better graphics, sound, and online play. Same old differences as the first Puzzle Quest.... And thus, I will again prefer it on 360.[/QUOTE]

It will also be either $15 or $20 on the 360 vs. $30 MSRP on the DS.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Hmm, but I know others who will have it on the DS so the online really is not a huge deal. I have a feeling I will eventually get it for both, but I think I may stick with the DS version again if that is all that is different. Most likely the very instant the XBLA version goes on sale I will beat the game all over on it hahaha.[/QUOTE]

360 version also supports DLC, paving the way for an expansion, just like the original PQ. Unless you really want to battle your friends who are getting it on the DS or vastly prefer the portability of it, cheaper price + better graphics + online + possible expansion should make getting it on the 360 an easy choice. Though I guess if you plan to get both eventually, you might as well grab the DS version first since you'll have friends that will play it.

[quote name='LouTenit Dan']Some nice prices on there..But there is only 1 thing thats bugs Why can't I play games(XBL)that I BOUGHT OFFLINE??? I really hate this:bomb:[/QUOTE]
Indie games require a connection. Arcade games do not. Hell, you can play Battlefield offline if ya want. but it's so lonesome out there :cry:

that being said, That's a huge negative against buying indie games for me. I have spare points and a few indies in my line of sight. I bought IMADE AGAMEWITHZOMBIES and never bought another one when I realized I had to online enable the offline game. Bad form MS. :roll:

[quote name='LouTenit Dan']Some nice prices on there..But there is only 1 thing thats bugs Why can't I play games(XBL)that I BOUGHT OFFLINE??? I really hate this:bomb:[/QUOTE]

if you are NOT talking about indie games, you may have to transfer licenses here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

if you are on a different xbox from which you DL'd the games or DLC you have, then those licenses aren't on your current xbox, and usually can't be played offline. If you transfer your licenses to your current xbox, ALL games (excluding indie) and DLC will work offline. You can do this once a year.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I agree that this thread should definitely either be stickied or remade as a Version II. That being said I really appreciate the work you do reddjoey on this thread, its one of my most visited ones on CAG this year!

I have already spoken about the other deals, but I am looking forward to getting Puzzle Quest 2, though I still do not know which to get it for, this or the DS. Anyone have any idea if there will be any difference between the two? (And please not the obvious of one is a handheld, one controls differently and the prices.)[/QUOTE]

I "liked" puzzle quest 2 on facebook, and they stated that PQ2 DS is supposed to be almost identical to PQ2 XBLA

quoted:
Hello Puzzle Quest fans! How can such wholesome goodness from XBLA, be packed into a handheld? You get the same characters, story, sparking spells, and everything from the XBLA version! Check it out on the DS! http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1431657708083&ref=mf

[quote name='BrolyB593']I agree that this thread should definitely either be stickied or remade as a Version II. That being said I really appreciate the work you do reddjoey on this thread, its one of my most visited ones on CAG this year!

I have already spoken about the other deals, but I am looking forward to getting Puzzle Quest 2, though I still do not know which to get it for, this or the DS. Anyone have any idea if there will be any difference between the two? (And please not the obvious of one is a handheld, one controls differently and the prices.)[/QUOTE]

I "liked" puzzle quest 2 on facebook, and they stated that PQ2 DS is supposed to be almost identical to PQ2 XBLA

quoted:
Hello Puzzle Quest fans! How can such wholesome goodness from XBLA, be packed into a handheld? You get the same characters, story, sparking spells, and everything from the XBLA version! Check it out on the DS!

[quote name='MSUHitman']It will also be either $15 or $20 on the 360 vs. $30 MSRP on the DS.[/QUOTE]

Depending on the gamer, you could look at the resale value for the games though. Plus the portability is nice.

[quote name='emg28']I'm not a big fan of the FPS genre. That being said, I played the trial and I really enjoyed Serious Sam. I'm not sure if I'll bite at 800, though. I have a feeling that, once the second part is released, we will see a lower price for the first one. I still have a day to make my mind up.[/QUOTE]

I got Duke Nukem and Serious Sam during the sale myself, but I've played both originally on PC...

Serious Sam is a great "I just want to kill EVERYTHING!" shooter. Constant action, and constant gore. (and man, did they up the gore for HD!)

Plus, multiplayer coop... It's almost completely different when playing with even one other person. The game can get pretty crazy.

Though, if you aren't a real FPS player, then I recommend Worms 2 (bargain!) or Peggle. Both are excellent games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back