Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if its been posted or not, but its been confirmed that Neo Geo Battle Coliseum is coming to XBLA this week. And its only 800 points

Looking to be an epic week/month for XBLA, i still havent even gotten Snoopy's game yet

[quote name='reddjoey']All sites have said that is for Japan only so far.

Xbox US sirte for it:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/n/neogeobattlecoliseumxbla/
-Site is not there
-not in xbox.com forums

Xbox JP site for it:
http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/n/neogeobattlecoliseumxbla/
-Site lists release date[/QUOTE]

Its on the SNK XBLA page. And seeing as the site had the exact date for Metal Slug XX before everyone else, 99% chance its right again.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/game/xbla/english/index.php

It had Metal Slugs date even before Xbox.com updated it, and Major Nelson didnt even have it posted until the day before

[quote name='kidrocklive']Would you say Serious Sam is better than Duke Nukem?[/QUOTE]

Like Rhett said, Serious Sam HD has more content than Duke 3D (excluding versus, since SS HD is co-op only). It's also much prettier, being full 3D with new textures and character models, whereas Duke 3D is visually just a straight port of the old PC game, with 3D environments and 2D characters. Both games have a great sense of humor and funny voice acting here and there. I've always liked Sam better, but Duke has plenty of fans too.

I picked up SS HD TFE and Peggle. I have been waiting for Sam to drop and so this was the perfect opportunity. Now if only they would finally release The Second Encounter.

I debated getting Duke, but I decided to pass; especially since I will most likely be picking up Earthworm Jim Wednesday too.

Thanks for keeping this all updated OP.

Picked up Duke Nukem 3D. Played the coop for a few hours and its very fun. I played the demo of serious sam and it was also good but i gotta think about it. Feel free to add me if you wanna coop some duke nukem.

GT: MyDronut

Never having played Duke 3D, I'm considering it. Not sure if I'm going to like it, but it's got some history to it. Probably I should play it, so maybe now's the time....

I'm so buying Serious Sam. Has been my long time favorite game. I even have original XBOX game (that is compatible with Xbox 360, BTW) but with easy download, upgraded graphics and achievement points all for 10 bucks - it's a great deal. To the guys who asked what is the difference between Duke and Sam, the major one is space. All Sam arenas are much larger and you are constantly on the move vs in Duke you go from one tight corridor to the next. Also number of enemies. Sam spawns dozens upon dozens of mob that go straight at you and you have to fight them off, while at the same time constantly watching your back (remember the huge arenas?). Weapons are plenty and vary great deal in both games and humor is off the wall.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Sorry if it's been asked, but does BF1943 still have lag problems?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about lag, but the last I heard, the online was dead.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I don't know about lag, but the last I heard, the online was dead.[/QUOTE]

Heard wrong. Games are always still full. And i personally have had really bad lag problems still with the game.

Also ill occasionally not be able to even join games on 1943 while my friend can.

BF1943 works perfectly fine for me. No lag, always quick to find a quick match and all. I am surprised people still even play this online and it being on sale again only adds more replay value since more people will be playing it now too...hopefully. I debated on serious sam hd and after playing the demo I said YES i'll buy it. Damn i'm an addict and have too many xbla games lol

I just bought Duke Nukem 3D. I am debating Worms 2 and Serious Sam. With Worms, the achievement list looks kinda annoying...use the rope 1000 times, yikes. I think SSHD is a pain too but I can't remember, but I'd like to hold out for 560 point price on that. I have a feeling if I download the demo I might just fold at 800 though.

Also need to save points for Splosion Man and possibly TMNT too.

The Worms 2 Achievements are mostly pretty easy. For example, you can get the rope Achievement by standing right under a low ledge and holding the button down with a turbo controller for a few minutes.

Caved on Peggle after getting addicted on the free Peggle Extreme on Steam.

Debating Duke 3D due to the enhancements but I already have a few versions of the game.

Picked up Peggle and Worms 2, even though I already have both on my PC or on a disc somewhere. I definitely like the changes/improvements they made to Peggle for the XBox version. Now I just need to get used to judging my shots off the targeting arrow instead of my mouse position.

Will I like Duke Nukem or Serious Sam if I've never played them before (I've always wanted to ever since they day they came out)?

Picked up Worms 2 and Serious Sam. The 400 points for Worms weren't deducted from my balance, but the "Full Game" is in my download queue. No complaints here.

[quote name='J7.']Will I like Duke Nukem or Serious Sam if I've never played them before (I've always wanted to ever since they day they came out)?[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think Duke is a bit overrated, but it's not bad. If you've ever played Doom or Wolfenstien, it's pretty much similar to those in the way of gameplay.

For Serious Sam, I personally love it. Humor, and lots of chaos. With Sam though, you will be surrounded by LOTS of enemies. Actually, there is no word to describe it. But it is quite fun and there's not really anything (that I'm aware of) like it.

Yep, aside from MvC2 and Garou:MOTW, this has to be one of the best XBLA fighters up there. (For the price and value, not to mention better net-code).

Havent tried much of Earthworm Jim yet, heard some good and bad, though it does have an Avatar Award for something

[quote name='J7.']Will I like Duke Nukem or Serious Sam if I've never played them before (I've always wanted to ever since they day they came out)?[/QUOTE]

I'm personally biased towards Duke since I grew up playing it and other shooters like it (Doom, Quake, etc) and it's pure nostalgia for me. However, has a 'unique' (heh) story, and Duke himself has a bit of character. It's just fun, try the trial. The first and second levels are easily some of the best levels in the game.

Serious Sam is...srsly overwhelming at times, but it's another sorta mindless shooter type FPS. It has plenty of exploring to do, for secrets and powerups, but it is a relatively straightforward shooter. You're up against swarms of enemies, but it's not nearly as frustrating as it sounds. It also has some of that hilarious(ly) bad voice acting, which I imagine was on purpose. However, the game came out in the 90's, so that's a given.

Try both trials, they give a good idea of what to expect. Duke Nukem is considered freeware if I'm not mistaken, though, but it can sometimes be a pain to get running on newer computers. I can see it and SS being good games to load up if you've had a long day and just want to shoot stuff, though, heh.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yep, aside from MvC2 and Garou:MOTW, this has to be one of the best XBLA fighters up there. (For the price and value, not to mention better net-code).

Havent tried much of Earthworm Jim yet, heard some good and bad, though it does have an Avatar Award for something[/QUOTE]
Oh please tell me the avatar award is his suit.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yep, a Gamerpic, a T-Shirt, and his Space-Suit (Pretty awesome for the price, im probally gonna grab it later)[/QUOTE]
If I see a picture of the suit, and its as awesome as Id like to imagine, I'll buy it without a second thought.

Edit: Found a picture: http://www.themexbox.com/index.php?topic=1391.0

Now to find out how hard it is to actually get it.

Not that hard, i heard you just have to beat 1 of the 3 bonus levels, not sure how you get to them, but seeing as people have it already it cant be too hard.

Heck, i'v seen a few people who pretty much had 200/200g aside from the co-op achievements

[quote name='dgwillia006']Not that hard, i heard you just have to beat 1 of the 3 bonus levels, not sure how you get to them, but seeing as people have it already it cant be too hard.

Heck, i'v seen a few people who pretty much had 200/200g aside from the co-op achievements[/QUOTE]
Any idea how extensive the co-op is? Like splosion man length or is it just a few throwaway levels?

[quote name='genfuyung']Any idea how extensive the co-op is? Like splosion man length or is it just a few throwaway levels?[/QUOTE]

It didn't take more than like a few hours from start to finish. 15 full levels. I was the first person to finish / had the world record time on every coop level / #1 multiplayer score ^_^

Also, isn't Space Ark coming next week? I'd link the news story but apparently new posters aren't allowed to post links :p

Just google Space Ark XBLA June 16 or something.

[quote name='limelight022']Damn, was hoping Triggerheart Excelica was part of the shooter deals. Oh well.

Now I have Peggle!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Have you ever played THE before? Its honestly not even a good game, in my opinion. Its a bad bullet hell SHMUP.

[quote name='genfuyung']If I see a picture of the suit, and its as awesome as Id like to imagine, I'll buy it without a second thought.

Edit: Found a picture: http://www.themexbox.com/index.php?topic=1391.0

Now to find out how hard it is to actually get it.[/QUOTE]

Last night I changed my avatar to a GAC suit (from Dead to Rights--it looks like a ghetto version of the COG suits from Gears). Anyway I saw somebody on my FL already had that Earthworm Jim suit...it didn't occur to me it was EWJ until now though.

Whoa, huge update from @majornelson:
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2010/06/10/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-june-10.aspx

Coming Soon to the Xbox LIVE Marketplace June 10

Here is a list of upcoming content scheduled for the Xbox LIVE Marketplace*
Please see the blog post I’ll make for each of these for pricing and/or regional availability.
Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:
This weeks Xbox LIVE Deal of the week is 5 different deals with savings of up to 50% off on previous Summer of Arcade titles:
Shadow Complex 1200 560 47%
Trials HD 1200 560 47%
Marvel vs Capcom 2 1200 560 47%
TMNT Turtles in Time HD 800 400 50%
Splosion Man 800 400 50%

You must be an Xbox LIVE Gold member to access this special DOTW pricing which will start Monday, June 14, 2010. Remember: You can upgrade your membership to Gold a variety of way.

Xbox LIVE Games on Demand:
June 15: LEGO Batman: The Video Game
June 15: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Xbox 360 Game Add-ons
June 15: Mass Effect 2 Overlord add-on, 560 points
June 17: adidas: Soccer Shop and Mass Effect 2
Plus, A Mass Effect 2 demo will be available on June 15th

You told us how much you loved our Inventory Blowout sale when we ran it in April, so we’re bringing it back to celebrate E3. You’ll find big discounts on top Arcade titles….don’t miss this one-week sale! June 16 – 22.
These prices will be available for All Xbox LIVE members starting Monday, June 14th
A Kingdom for Keflings 800 400 50%
Alien Hominid HD 800 400 50%
Banjo Tooie 1200 800 33%
Bionic Commando Rearmed 800 400 50%
Bomberman LIVE 800 400 50%
Braid 1200 800 33%
Castle Crashers 1200 800 33%
Castlevania Symphony of the Night 800 400 50%
Contra 400 240 40%
Crystal Defenders 800 400 50%
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 800 400 50%
Magic the Gathering 800 400 50%
N+ 800 400 50%
Panzer General 800 400 50%
Portal 1200 800 33%
TMNT: 1989 Arcade 400 240 40%
Uno Rush 800 400 50%
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment 1200 800 33%
Zombie Apocalypse 800 400 50%
I'm not going to be able to afford this...

I had no idea Marvel Vs Capcom 2 was going to be on sale!!! Definetely getting that over Splosion Man!! Hopefully I'll hunt down $20 so I can get some points and get Splosion Man and Trials as well though. EDIT: ALIEN HOMINID AND CASTLE CRASHERS TOO?! Dear god!! EDIT 2 : Oh my god and Shadow Complex??!! Make that TWO 1600 points cards!! And Castlevania.... this is awful too much stuff!!!

Holy...fuck...

I have 6k in points and was hoping to save some of them since I'm unemployed at the moment. I don't think I can pass on MvC AGAIN, plus some of those other titles.

I'm confused as to why Braid is on this list, its down to 800 permanently now, it's part of the Arcade Hits. Strange!

Definitely getting:

A Kingdom for Keflings (Friend keeps bugging me to get this)
Banjo Tooie (Never got to play, but loved Banjo Kazooie)
Bomberman Live (Somehow have never bought this before)

Possibles: (Need to check out the demos)

Crystal Defenders (No clue on this one)
Panzer General (Looks interesting, I wish Greed Corp was on sale)
Uno Rush (I have regular Uno, would anyone recommend having both?)
Vandal Hearts (Wasn't really a fan of the first VH on PS1 though)

I only have 760 MS Points as of now, that 4000 Card from Dell better get here soon!

Wow, so I won a shit tone of points in one of the more recent txt messaging contest and they have been disappearing fast. And I still haven't even bought a few of the thing I wanted to buy new yet...

Yeah. I wonder about Braid as well. Braid is still listed as 1200 points on Xbox.com, but 800 when you go to buy it. Perhaps that permanent price drop was just mistake? I'm sure it will be fixed soon and I'll adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back