Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit it never fails when i buy something it goes on sale the next week. Paid full price for Magic the Gathering not 2 days ago and i see its on the list half price in like 7 days lol damnit!

[quote name='SideSwipe999']Uno Rush (I have regular Uno, would anyone recommend having both?)
[/QUOTE]

Uno Rush is great. It's not Uno. It's a fast paced card game that people can pick up very quickly if they know how to play Uno. The strategy of the game is sorting your cards into runs while trying to trick people, since everyone's hand is face up.

People who are interested in Bomberman Live, just remember that Bomberman Live Battlefest (the sequel) comes out sometime this year and there won't be much reason to play part 1 after that.

I'm all over Crystal Defenders and mayyybe Vandal Hearts. I own most of the other games already though, heh.

Well, that saves me 400 points at least. :razz:

I'm looking at the following potentially:

Vandal Hearts (looks similar to FFT?)
N+
Banjo Tooie
Magic The Gathering (although the no building custom decks may cause me to not bite)
MvC2 (wonder about the online however, especially with MvC3 coming out next year)
Boinic Commando.

3360 or so in points if I bite on all of them. About half of my current stockpile.

um, what? I've been waiting for Banjo Kazooie to drop (sale) to $10 for a long time now. Why is Banjo Tooie first?

Unless I missed the BK sale...

There's just...so many...games to buy...

I'm pretty sure I'll be spending over 8000 Microsoft points this month. Not even joking. Already spent over 3000 and it's June 10...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'll be grabbing some games from that sale, definitely. I do want Bomberman Live, even though the sequel is coming out, tho...[/QUOTE]

What a better way to prepare for it? :]

I love how MS calls in an "Inventory Blowout" on digital items. Anyways awesome deals coming up, might have to get a few. Thanks.

The best news about this is that they FINALLY announced a release date for the Mass Effect 2 DLC. It's a shame that Major Nelson had to do it since Bioware has said nothing about it for several weeks now.

As for the Arcade games, I have all the summer ones from last year, but Vandal Hearts looks tempting for 800...

Man, I was really excited when I saw that new update, only to realize that I own nearly every single one of those games already. But then again there are very few arcade games that I do NOT own. Hahah, I just love 'em all so much!

Oh well, I never did pickup N+ because I have it on multiple other consoles, but perhaps I will now for the multiplayer.

For those on the border about some of these games let me just recommend my favorites from this list...
Basically every summer of arcade from last year, all of those were EXCELLENT.
Alien Hominid
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Braid
Castle Crashers
Castlevania SotN

Man, so many good games, I hope you all get a chance to pick most of these up because they are all super fun!

I'll probably get the few I don't have (I LOVE arcade games for some reason), but I'm most excited to play SotN again. Couldn't talk myself into $10 for something I still have the PS1 disc of, and the PSP version of, but for $5, I can't leave it.

The "E3 Inventory Blowout" has some fantastic deals, thanks OP! I will definitely be picking up several of these. Unless I really want an arcade game when it comes out, I wait now because I know it will eventually go on sale.

[quote name='NutManIV']um, what? I've been waiting for Banjo Kazooie to drop (sale) to $10 for a long time now. Why is Banjo Tooie first?

Unless I missed the BK sale...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm thinking the same thing... what kind of strangeness is this?

Definitely in for Banjo Tooie and Vandal Hearts next week. Maybe Crystal Defenders and Panzer General as well.

Good job with the sales, Microsoft.

[quote name='freshzen']Have you ever played THE before? Its honestly not even a good game, in my opinion. Its a bad bullet hell SHMUP.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the demo once i got used to the gimmick of clinging on to enemy ships and using them as defense, or offense. And I do like shmups anyway...Its just that $10 for 5 short levels and not much extra is asking a lot...

Grabbing Bionic Commando and Vandal Heart for sure. I missed BC:RA when it was 400 just prior BC release and couldn't bring myself to pay beyond that.

i must say i am conflicted about whether i should grab ports like banjo-tooie and castlevania or not...

but definitely getting Shadow Complex

any thoughts?

Castlevania: Yes, it's a great port, I only had a few minor problems with the d-pad. Some ultra fan can give you a better shake down

Braid: I haven't seen a correction yet.

Hmmm what to do what to do. I have over 6,000 points and a 1,600 point card unused.

SotN, 400/$5 yes please!
Marvel Vs Capcom 2, I have this for PSN....but for 560 ($7) it is tempting
Trials HD, another 560/$7, I keep hearing good things but the demo did nothing for me
Panzer General, 400/$5 is this game any good?
TMNT 1989 Arcade Classic, 240/$3 yes please again (now just bring the X-Men and Simpsons game to XBLA!)

All those would be 2,160 points...so about 1/3 of my total XBLA points...what to do what to do....

Any and all opinions are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']
Marvel Vs Capcom 2, I have this for PSN....but for 560 ($7) it is tempting
Trials HD, another 560/$7, I keep hearing good things but the demo did nothing for me

Any and all opinions are welcome.[/QUOTE]

I personally wouldn't bother with MvC2 on 360 unless you really want to utilize Xbox live with it. But then again, I hate fighters with the 360 pad.

I got trials when it was 800, I like it so far, very challenging. If you want to put some time into it, then go for it, if not then don't I guess.

[quote name='eugaet']You have a 16000MSP card and you're worrying about what to do? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

One too many zeros for the loss...my mistake I have a 1600 point card unused.

[quote name='pureheat101']I personally wouldn't bother with MvC2 on 360 unless you really want to utilize Xbox live with it. But then again, I hate fighters with the 360 pad.

I got trials when it was 800, I like it so far, very challenging. If you want to put some time into it, then go for it, if not then don't I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think MvC2 would be a waste. I rarely play it on the PS3/PSN. I mainly do local play with it so no big deal with that.

Now Trials HD I wasn't a huge fan of it, but I keep hearing such great things about it that is what is giving me the conflict.

Nobody's talking about Shadow Complex, I imagine that means we all already have it. (And if you don't, this will definitely be the time)

Already have a few games that will be on sale (MvC, Shadow Complex, M:tG, Braid, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars 2...), so there's not a whole lot to pick up for me. I'm thinking maybe Alien Hominid, SotN and N+. Also interested in opinions on Crystal Defenders and Vandal Hearts. I guess I should hit those demos when I get the chance. Bomberman maybe too. Glad I've got a stack of points cards lying around somewhere.

Trials is a definite for me.

I already have a good chunk of the sale items for previous sales. On the fence for Vandal Hearts (haven't been into RPGs recently), N+, and Banjo Tooie (never played it).

Just tried Panzer General out. The graphics are lack luster to say the least. It is rather slow paced, it's a card based RTS, but I enjoyed it, so I'll be picking it up for 400 points when it's on sale.

got a major question burning in my head all this time...

does xbox live work in asia (Bali)? say if I bring my xbox360 for summer vacation then connect it to local wi-fi?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Now Trials HD I wasn't a huge fan of it, but I keep hearing such great things about it that is what is giving me the conflict.[/QUOTE]Remember, just because the majority of other people like it, doesn't mean you will like it. If the demo didn't do it for you, then it didn't do it for you. Your own personal opinion is what really matters in the end, not other people's opinion.

Shadow Complex here I come!!!

Along with Earthworm Jim, (and maybe Portal and Alien Hominid) I'm gonna have some happy shooter fun time!

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Oh man if anyone has a 400 MSP they have available for sale/trade please PM me; I'm gonna need them![/QUOTE]

You know you can use paypal to buy points now

Does anyone know if Vandal Hearts is any good? I'm not so picky when it comes SRPGs(Record of Agarest, Operation Darkness) so I'm good for it if it handles alright.

The Konami brand screams "Buy Me" but that artstyle screams "Shovelware".

[quote name='VidPower']Remember, just because the majority of other people like it, doesn't mean you will like it. If the demo didn't do it for you, then it didn't do it for you. Your own personal opinion is what really matters in the end, not other people's opinion.[/QUOTE]
This x1000

Don't worry man, you're not alone!

I didn't like the demo either, and just because of word of mouth I won't get it.

I'm personally debating whether I should get Marvel Vs Capcom 2 or Splosion Man or Castlevania. I only have 600 points, and unless I can find a $20 somewhere to get 1600 points I can only get one.

You know you can use paypal to buy points now
I tried doing that once, but it still wanted a credit card.

Did the same thing when I tried to buy from D2D once too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back