Xbox Live Fall 2011 Dashboard Out Now - 12/06/11.

[quote name='joseraul']I have mixed feelings about the Netflix update to tie in with the new dashboard. While they finally added CC and 5.1[/QUOTE]
Yes! So happy to hear 5.1 support added. I hope it doesn't effect the stream speed

[quote name='porieux']Are you just talking about performance or the way the interface works?

I will be happy not to have that damn Xbox logo in the lower left corner burning into my plasma any more. That was really stupid of M$.[/QUOTE]

Performance wise while browsing.
The Xbox logo is gone.

[quote name='GUNNM']did they add the ability to watch a foreign film without the shitty american dub?[/QUOTE]

If you have a movie in mind, I can check.

[quote name='GUNNM']will MS fire you if you tell us?[/QUOTE]

I don't think volunteers can get fired :p

I sure hope they get the update out quick. The longer it takes them to roll this dashboard, the longer we have to wait for YouTube support which is supposed to be released later this month.

[quote name='Superstar']How do I get the update? It didnt prompt me for one[/QUOTE]It'll hit you as soon as you log into XBL, if it's out there for download.

[quote name='Mayday']If it bothers you just much why don't you just boot to disc and just use the blades which have remained the same. I do think people will get used to it, and I think it looks really cool. It matches the UI of Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7 what I use everyday so I like it alot.[/QUOTE]

Because most of the time I'd want to play games that are on my xbox HD. I'd still have to navigate through the mess of the dash to get to them. And I don't keep game disks in the tray at all times.

What blades have remained the same? There's nothing that I've seen that's still the same way as the old dash.

I'm still running Vista, with no intention of ever owning Windows 8 or a Windows phone, so pretty doubtful that I'll get used to this. It's just a terrible interface.

And now netflix on the xbox is completely ruined as well. Everything, even tv series have to be playing before you can select an episode? I can't see any way to select a specific episode without being forced to start playing the next unwatched episode. So gotta start playing an episode then while the episode is playing select the actual episode you want from the list. The netflix interface was bad before, this is just 10x worse now.

Ready to pack this up and tell MS I want a refund for my xbox.

No, MS always delays... I know this. Been following MS since day 1, for as long as I can remember.

My biggest complaint with MS was communication.

So, it's not coming out tonight?

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']No, MS always delays... I know this. Been following MS since day 1.

So, it's not coming out tonight?[/QUOTE]

@majornelson Larry Hryb
Sorry for the dash launch delay. Good news: first set of customers will be getting the Xbox LIVE update within the next few hours.

40 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Whatever that means

Bing can search the new netflix and hulu plus app. You can also turn off your 360 with voice commands now.

It looks like netflix is now getting added to quick play so I think you can just xbox quickplay netflix as soon as the mic thing is visible.

I wish voice commands would work with DVDs. Kinda feels ghetto not being able to pause/play w voice.

Performance doesn't seem to have been improved much, Quickplay screen takes an age to populate and I just exited an XBLA game and it took ages for the dash to re-appear.

Still, at least the bloody "Spotlight" blades are gone :)

EDIT - They also seem to have gotten rid of the useful screen that showed you how many points you had, the game marketplace layout is fucking terrible to.

Apparently the Netflix app lost the party watch option.

I read this in a user comment so it could possibly be false.

I had the same issue until I signed in on the dashboard. Apparently there are new terms of use and it wouldn't let me sign in until I used the tile on the dashboard. Using the guide button didn't work regardless if I was in-game or not.

[quote name='utgotye']I had the same issue until I signed in on the dashboard. Apparently there are new terms of use and it wouldn't let me sign in until I used the tile on the dashboard. Using the guide button didn't work regardless if I was in-game or not.[/QUOTE]

Dash isn't working for me either.

Edit - FINALLY got the terms to come up when I tried for like the 50th time. Once I got those accepted, I was able to connect fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah can't even connect I try to download but it disconnects me it'll work tomorrow not much we can do now[/QUOTE]
It didn't prompt me until I started up Forza 4. Before that, nothing. No prompt whatsoever.

[quote name='Scorch']Apparently the Netflix app lost the party watch option.

I read this in a user comment so it could possibly be false.[/QUOTE]

I read that in a Neogaf comment.

Took me several efforts to connect to Live for the updates. Connectivity has been spotty despite no problems with my internet. For now I switched over to the PS3 for tonight since I wanted to watch some Netflix in the first place.

EDIT: And system update on the PS3 side... just can't catch a break here.

Same but it kicked me off it looks pretty cool actually kinda like the old blade system everything is in a row none of that rotating non sense

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']I keep getting signed in and signed out WTF! wait I know WTF's up Xbox screwy update[/QUOTE]

I dont even bother playing xbox on update days because you keep getting signed in/out, good thing i have a ps3 as well lol

Geniuses; could have released the update this morning or tomorrow morning when there was minimal traffic, but no. Update keeps failing, presumably because everyone just got dc'd during peak usage and is now trying to re-connect.

"Some content available in the Service may be unavailable from time to time or may only be offered for a limited time due to contractual or other limitations. As such, you may not be able to re-download or re-stream certain content that you have purchased. We have no obligation to provide a re-download or replacement of any content previously purchased. To the extent we receive information from the content owners indicating the date their content will be unavailable, we will endeavor to share this information with you.".

"Your ability to access the Service and obtain certain content is restricted to your Territory. If you change your account to a different Territory, you may not be able to re-download or re-stream content that was available to you in your previous Territory. You may be required to purchase and pay for content in your new Territory even though you have already paid for that content in the previous Territory.".

These two parts are priceless. The first says "Hey I paid for Double Dragon but deleted it. Tough shit, we don't have it up on our servers anymore.". What happened to the cloud people? Hmmm?
I put up the second part because I think region rights are complete bullshit and hate it on Blu-ray's. Kinowelt's HD DVD of T2: Judgement Day versus the original Blu version of it are proof enough of why region rights are bs. Lions Gate halfassed that disc compared to the Kinowelt one but expected people's money in the US who were fans of it because they had the region rights to it in the U.S.

We have to now agree to binding arbitration and are unable to enter into class action lawsuits against MSFT. I wonder what would happen to the the remaining time I had with live and all the dlc I bought if I did not agree to the new terms.

Can you not share your Netflix streaming with other people? My friend has an account, so I go to "Yes" for already having an account, but it's asking for a user name and password.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Can you not share your Netflix streaming with other people? My friend has an account, so I go to "Yes" for already having an account, but it's asking for a user name and password.[/QUOTE]

word has it no

[quote name='Necrozilla']I got a status code error when it tried to update. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm having the same issue. I gave up and went back to playing Marvel, guess I just have to wait:roll:

bread's done
Back