XBOX Live Marketplace Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='fart_bubble']could be cool

http://creators.xna.com/en-US/news/newfeatures_s14

Japan & Germany will be able to upload games. Prices on the games going down to 80, 240 & 400 price points. And finally a score system (though it goes by the developer rather than the games themselves)[/QUOTE]
That's really awesome, I'd love to see what indie developers from other countries come up with.

[quote name='yukine']That's really awesome, I'd love to see what indie developers from other countries come up with.[/QUOTE]

with Japan, I could see a lot of shmups hitting the service which would be pretty cool

well, we got the first 2 games from Japan in the community games section. On is called Crescendo Symphony which is a simple but quite fun shmup. And the second game is I think a date sim

[quote name='yukine']:lol:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll get it if it is cheap.[/QUOTE]

both are 240 points. Keep in mind that the what I think is a date sim is all in Japanese

I just meant the shmup, I have no interest in dating sims.

I don't check the community section very often, so keep me updated if anything good drops on there.

okay, apparently the second game isn't a dating sim but rather a visual novel

edit: I also wonder how sexy the game is as it has gotten a 3 out of 3 on it in the listing

I'm new to the whole "Live Marketplace" con. All I want is 320 microsoft points to buy a SFIV costume pack! But Apparently I can only buy in 500 point increments >:|.

Is there any way around this (promo codes? User trading?)?

[quote name='whatdoisay']I'm new to the whole "Live Marketplace" con. All I want is 320 microsoft points to buy a SFIV costume pack! But Apparently I can only buy in 500 point increments >:|.

Is there any way around this (promo codes? User trading?)?[/QUOTE]

Zune account tied to your gamertag. I think you can then buy in 400 point increments.

LOL. Famous last words.
You can pony up the extra $1 and forget about the extra points or you can hope than you end up like every other person who says they would never ever buy anything from the marketplace again but ends up buying hundreds if not thousands of points.

If the $1 or the principal is too great a price to pay, then trust me. Walk away NOW. Because you WILL be back again, and every single time you try to add more points, there will be more and more spillover.

I was pissed about the extra 80 points once. That was about 8,000 points ago. Good luck, mate.

[quote name='doubledown']Is XBOX Live down tonight? I cannot log in. I have the new dashboard if it matters.[/QUOTE]

I cant log in either. I kind of wish they notified the masses if there was going to be downtime.

Yeah, it's an unscheduled outage/crap-out of XBL. Probably to do with the new dashboard updates or something causing instability in their servers.

cool, looks like Raystorm will be making its way to the arcade
2epk5c6.jpg

b69bnt.jpg

and finally there are some screenshots of the Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure
2nbu9h0.jpg

2wc045g.jpg

[quote name='yukine']I never played RayStorm... any reason to get excited over its release on the XBLA?[/QUOTE]

though I personally thought Raycrisis was a better game in the series, Raystorm was a pretty good shmup in its own right. It plays a lot like Xevious 3D. Raystorm was a game that Working Designs brought over here under their Spaz line, so it should get more visibility on the XBLA. It didn't sell that well and then all at once it completely disappeared from the shelves pretty much all at once. Its not a hard game to find and its not an expensive game (you can get a used copy for $15-20) so if you have a PS2 or PS3 with BC, it might be a better route to play it. Though it came out in 97, the graphics still hold up.

Or you could track down a copy of it for the PC. You can pick it up for very cheap, mainly seen them go for about $5 plus shipping on evilBay

ugh... I said I would never buy anything for my avatar but I had to cave and buy the Adidas shell-toes... cause I wear them all the time.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']meh.[/QUOTE]

though Major didn't mention it, I'm hoping Gamerbytes is correct with Invincible Tiger is also getting released. Been wanting to play that since the trailer hit last year

Raystorm looks pretty sick. Reminds me of something I played on the GBA, but I can't put my finger on what. As long as it's not over priced, I'll probably buy it.

There's a Mass Effect N7 Armor Avatar Item on the Marketplace for 240 points. I don't know if anyone cares or not.

[quote name='KingBroly']There's a Mass Effect N7 Armor Avatar Item on the Marketplace for 240 points. I don't know if anyone cares or not.[/QUOTE]

Odd, I saw that for 320pts last night.

[quote name='Regian']Been thinking about getting NFS ProStreet off of Games on Demand, which went up today.

$19.99/1600 MS Points[/QUOTE]

but you can get it cheaper on ebay or pay the same price at pretty much any B&M store for a physical copy

[quote name='fart_bubble']but you can get it cheaper on ebay or pay the same price at pretty much any B&M store for a physical copy[/QUOTE]

This.

Although personally, I wouldn't really recommend it. But then again (for what it's worth), I'm also in the crowd who's pretty much avoided NFS since they went away from the cop chases which is in my opinion what made it great in the first place.

More point and click adventures coming exclusively to XBLA thanks to 2K:

Also exclusively from 2K this cool looking platformer:

Love the art style on both, can't wait to try them out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Never heard of them.[/QUOTE]

Defense Grid is a port of a PC tower defense game (sells for $19.99) with a bunch of extra content. Demo is a lot of fun.

Yo Ho Kablamo is the third game that won the 2007 Dream Build Play contest (other winners were The Dishwasher and Blazing Birds)

Wanted to point out a new Indie game out called "Hot Potato Online". Downloading that trial and won't be able to play until I get home later, might buy if I like

This is noteworthy because the description says that all proceeds of the game will go to Child's Play.

Game costs 400 MS Points

[quote name='Regian']Wanted to point out a new Indie game out called "Hot Potato Online". Downloading that trial and won't be able to play until I get home later, might buy if I like

This is noteworthy because the description says that all proceeds of the game will go to Child's Play.

Game costs 400 MS Points[/QUOTE]

yeah, the same people released a game earlier that was also going to donate all the proceeds to Child's Play

I just tried avatar golf, that game means someone has been listening :applause: great indy game for 400.

O and have you guys played Madballs in Babo Invasion yet? That game is AWESOME. The online aspect is crazy, for 800 it's a must.

I just started downloading the demo for the Command and Conquer game that was just released. The download is over two gigs. wth. Have there been any other releases that are this large? It's funny to think of the 50MB cap they used to have with stuff like this coming out.

Military Madness is an instant buy. Dunno about Bust A Move, would be nice if its the full game rather than the way Taito has been doing games lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back