Xbox Live Rewards Gamer IQ Contest [MS Points Prizes]

[quote name='thereefernander']I went to enter thinking it was a new day and I took the same quiz with the same questions...is that bad at all?[/QUOTE]
It must not have taken your first time since it doesn't allow you to enter again, at least for me.

[quote name='mikehaggar99']New answers for today:
Dominic "Dom" Santiago
"Rule #1: You're no good to me dead."
Makin Day[/QUOTE]

thanks, 40/40 but no instant win.

[quote name='mikehaggar99']New answers for today:
Dominic "Dom" Santiago
"Rule #1: You're no good to me dead."
Makin Day[/QUOTE]

TY I think the answers don't reset till twelve or so. If I go early then it doesn't let me do it and then it skips my questions that day and I miss out on my chance altogether.

[quote name='DragonQuestLord']TY I think the answers don't reset till twelve or so. If I go early then it doesn't let me do it and then it skips my questions that day and I miss out on my chance altogether.[/QUOTE]
Don't fret; I'm sure your entries are still being counted. But, yeah, there appears to be a gap between when the new day is started (12am EDT) and the new set of questions are posted.

For those calling shenanigans, I won 800 MS Points yesterday (unfortunately though, I'm a new user so I can't post links/images, maybe someone can help with a workaround for proof?)

Some info: This was only my second time playing, and I've missed points both times I've played, so a high score doesn't seem to play too much of a factor in your winning.

[quote name='zants']For those calling shenanigans, I won 800 MS Points yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Good for you . . . still nothing here.

Interesting side note. I played this last night around 8:00 pm EST and again this morning 7:00 am EST, and the questions had not changed. It still allowed me to play in the instant winner game without getting a "only once per day" message.

And yeah... nothing won yet.

[quote name='crazyivan19']Interesting side note. I played this last night around 8:00 pm EST and again this morning 7:00 am EST, and the questions had not changed. It still allowed me to play in the instant winner game without getting a "only once per day" message.[/QUOTE]
That's two different days, so there was no reason to give you the "once per day" message.

[quote name='zants']For those calling shenanigans, I won 800 MS Points yesterday (unfortunately though, I'm a new user so I can't post links/images, maybe someone can help with a workaround for proof?)

Some info: This was only my second time playing, and I've missed points both times I've played, so a high score doesn't seem to play too much of a factor in your winning.[/QUOTE]
Well, congratulations! And, wow, only your second time playing!

Your score doesn't play ANY factor in your chances to win.

Answers:
1. Alters mass
2. 9
3. Knife
4. Private K. Pyle

It's amusing how people are quick to assume that no one's ever winning anything. It's not like winners are announced on a daily basis (but maybe for the 10k). Was there a previous Microsoft contest where points were really never given out or something, so now people are suspicious?
You also have to realize the odds of winning are already pretty crappy. Good to see one of us won something, though. :p

[quote name='Firvagor']Answers:
1. Alters mass
2. 9
3. Knife
4. Private K. Pyle
[/QUOTE]

thanks, 40/40 again but no instant win. I think i have 316 total points and the top player had 320. Wish i didnt take so long when i first started to play this, because i dont think ive gotten 1 wrong. The first two times i played i did it on my own. Ever since then i just get the answers from you cool guys. :D

[quote name='zants']For those calling shenanigans, I won 800 MS Points yesterday[/QUOTE]
3aUtz.png

Just completed my entry for today. I doubt that the new quiz has cycled in yet, so I guess these are yesterday's (4/10) answers:

Alter the mass of objects in the game
Knife
Private Pyle

I had never luck with contest and giveaway . . . Never win anything . . . Never :(
Still nothing today.

[quote name='Pazto']I had never luck with contest and giveaway . . . Never win anything . . . Never :(
Still nothing today.[/QUOTE]

always seems that way lol... i never have any lucky myself either. oh well. here's to hopin' the entries I do have work towards the big prize.

[quote name='Connor23']always seems that way lol... i never have any lucky myself either. oh well. here's to hopin' the entries I do have work towards the big prize.[/QUOTE]

LoL at least I'm not the only one who is unlucky :D

Q: What effect do Sputnik skulls have on gameplay in Halo 2?
A: Alter the mass of objects in the game

Q: How many levels can be found within Halo 3?
A: 9

Q: What is the melee weapon first seen in Call of Duty 3, but not usable until Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?
A: Knife

Q: Which is not one of the three different characters in the single-player campaign of Call of Duty: World at War?
A: Private K. Pyle

The problem is, it has to do with what time you do the trivia questions.

From their Official Rules:

Instant Win Game: Two hundred three (203) random, computer-generated winning times, one for each prize listed below, will be generated during the Competition Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.

So it appears that it doesn't matter how well you do. What matters is that you have to complete the quiz at the time you get a winning screen, of which there are only 203 and of which are random.

So it's not a scam. It's, as some people said earlier, a slim chance.

[quote name='alchemistlord']This seems like a pretty weird way of doing it.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:? Isn't that how all online instant win contests are done?

[quote name='knightsmith']what time do they change the questions? I just took the quiz from monday bc I 4got about it. (10:40am Est)[/QUOTE]
Each daily entry period begins/ends at 12 midnight EDT.
New quizzes are posted at 12 noon EDT.

April 12th quiz

Q: Who becomes the character in the final three missions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
A: John "Soap" MacTavish

Q: After Dimitri kills Amsel, what is the name of the river Reznov and Dimitri jump in to escape in Call of Duty: World at War?
A: Volga River

Q: Which of the following is NOT a piece of hidden content found within Halo 2?
A: Shamrocks

Q: What is the name of the six-part comic book mini-series based on a character in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
A: Modern Warfare 2: Ghost

[quote name='jrxone1']April 12th quiz

Q: Who becomes the character in the final three missions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
A: John "Soap" MacTavish

Q: After Dimitri kills Amsel, what is the name of the river Reznov and Dimitri jump in to escape in Call of Duty: World at War?
A: Volga River

Q: Which of the following is NOT a piece of hidden content found within Halo 2?
A: Shamrocks

Q: What is the name of the six-part comic book mini-series based on a character in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
A: Modern Warfare 2: Ghost[/QUOTE]

thanks, 40/40 no instant win.

no instant winner, thanks jrxone1

i thought this was a "gamer" quiz why are the only 2 franchises on the quiz halo and call of duty?

stupid scheduling of the games has thrown me one day behind. Now I have to make sure I do the games everyday before noon so that I don't miss out on "yesterdays" questions.

[quote name='jab1235']no instant winner, thanks jrxone1

i thought this was a "gamer" quiz why are the only 2 franchises on the quiz halo and call of duty?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Gears of War! Every "gamer" only plays those 3 franchises!

Answering them correctly just gives you an itsy bitsy higher chance of winning (hence the "you've earned 1 sweepstakes entry" after each correct answer).

Got one wrong? Refresh the page and do it over. (Just don't click to see the leaderboard before that)

It wasn't until today I realized I apparently missed a few days of quizzes. I'm not even at 300, and the days I participated I definitely didn't go incredibly slow.

I did the quiz this afternoon around 1 and i just checked back right now (10pm) and it let me take it again whats up with that?

bread's done
Back