XBox One Back Compatability Thread - 6/10/19 - RIP Back Compatibility. Final batch listed in post #2

Confirmed that, just as with 360 games, you can put the disc in and install (aka download) it.

More surprising than that: CROSS GENERATION LAN. I know next to no one will actually do that, but holy shit is that awesome that they bothered to think of that. I almost want to do it just to connect an Xbox 1 to a 360 to an XBox One.

https://twitter.com/albertpenello/status/874058137036218369

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh...

Poker Smash got REMOVED from back compatibility. They sent me a message on XBL and gave me a code for Hexic 2 as a make-up. No reason was given.

This is kind of a disturbing precedent. I've had it since my days on the 360 so it's not a huge deal, but if I only had an X1 and bought it, I'd be pretty upset right now.

Uh...

Poker Smash got REMOVED from back compatibility. They sent me a message on XBL and gave me a code for Hexic 2 as a make-up. No reason was given.

This is kind of a disturbing precedent. I've had it since my days on the 360 so it's not a huge deal, but if I only had an X1 and bought it, I'd be pretty upset right now.
This was discussed in the XBL thread. Can't remember what it was, but they're giving something else as compensation if you bought it just in the time it's been backwards compatible.

Not going to start adding OG games to the master list yet, but they confirmed that Fuzion Frenzy will be back compatible. So that's two games so far.

All the 360 Halo games are coming to BC "soon." I'd honestly rather that they just fucking fix MCC so as not to split the playerbase even more than it probably already is, but obviously that's not going to happen at this point.

Kind of funny that playing the 360 version of CoD Ghosts on the X1 is the best way to play Ghosts on an XBox console, at least in terms of framerate performance. There's an increase over the 360 version and it holds more steady than the actual X1 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnztSP2ojoE

Hey, we actually got a fairly recent Street Fighter game today. Capcom really seemed to be dragging their ass on BC prior to this. But this is really all I wanted from them besides the first Bionic Commando Rearmed.

FYI - I'm sure everyone that is watching this thread has noticed tons of recent updates for BC games.  I'm not aware of official word about the reasoning, but they could be tweaking performance for each BC game to improve play on Xbox One / Xbox One S.  So for any game that doesn't currently have a green status, it might be worth testing again to see if it has improved in any way.

Fable Anniversary makes all the Fable games playable on Xbox One. I still need to go and get that remaster completed... some time.  :joystick:

Saw on Reddit that someone posted multiple OG games are now up for sale in the marketplace. Crimson Skies, Fusion Frenzy, Red Faction 2, Dead To Rights, and KOF Neowave.

This is what was posted:

I'm not getting too excited yet though, the pages that were linked to for Crimson Skies and Fuzion Frenzy are definitely the same ones that have been around forever since you could buy them to play on the 360.

Not sure about KOF, RF2, or Dead 2 Rights. Those were also all playable on the 360, but the pages look different so those could be recent additions, not sure if they sold them digitally prior to this.

If they were NOT available digitally prior to this, then yeah - they were specifically added for the X1 and that should mean OG BC will be active any day now.

Will the shooter BLACK (no, not black ops) come to BC?

It was one of my most favorite games ever because it was so hard, challenging and fun back then.

pi3yhf2qm6tz.jpg

Really fucking solid starting lineup.

bought dark souls digital but keeps asking for disc wtf? error code 0x800705b4  any ideas?

edit: it also gave a 2nd error code 0x803f8001 ... but couldnt figure it out even googling for those error codes.

now i set my xbox region from EU to US and it had another download of the game, so i hope that will work :)

wow and i thought sony was bad.

anything that can be done on getting errors 0x800705b4 and 0x803f8001 when launching a 360 game (download code) on x1?

Thanks chnandler_bong yeah I have checked the codes and tried everything, hard reset, delete storage, bluray storage, 360 storage, re-download, change region of my xbox, reset xbox (but keep games) re-download from different regions, always the same error. i am starting to think the code got revoked if there is such a thing on xbox?!

i got it from a legit marketplace thats quite popular and all the other games still work perfect. just not this its driving me nuts. How can a company as microsoft not just tell you exactly what the issue is.

OG BC TOMORROW.

Games on the MS online store now. Discs will also work if you still have them - online will not. System link will work, but likely not over 3rd party/online workaround apps like XLink Kai. All are enhanced with 1080p resolution, higher and/or smoother framerates, and faster loading times.

FWIW, correction from above - XLink Kai WILL work to play stuff online on the X1 via system link. I tried Crimson Skies and found zero players though. Halo 2 was the only game with any population of note.

Added a new indicator on the front page list (!!!) for XBox 360 games enhanced on XBox One. So far Halo 3, Skate 3, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge, and Assassin's Creed.

Just curious if anyone has played "Silent Hill: Downpour" via backwards capability on X One X? I am reading that some of these less popular games have less than stellar performance w/ BC. Would like to know before I put down $500.

Just curious if anyone has played "Silent Hill: Downpour" via backwards capability on X One X? I am reading that some of these less popular games have less than stellar performance w/ BC. Would like to know before I put down $500.
I wouldn't base the purchase of that console on how well games from the past generation play on it. First and foremost it plays :xb1: games and it does so VERY well. :)

I wouldn't base the purchase of that console on how well games from the past generation play on it. First and foremost it plays :xb1: games and it does so VERY well. :)
True but Backwards Compatibility is a *huge* selling point for the console. They are way ahead of PS4 in this aspect. Of course I want to play current titles in 4K but the chance to go back to 360 titles I never got around to is a big plus and factor for me. I am curious how 360 games perform on it.

New 360 X1X enhanced games today! Crackdown, Fable, Witcher 2, and Forza Horizon. Already tried Crackdown, definitely a noticeable improvement. Much better aliasing and everything runs good so far, I have tried to tax the system with blowing up a lot of stuff at once and haven't seen slowdown in the way I did when playing on the 360. There may still be some there since I couldn't get big chains of explosions going, but blowing up 3 or 4 cars at once was smooth compared to the 360.

Can also enable/disable the enhancements now for any X1X enhanced 360 title by using the start+select dashboard menu from within the 360 game.

EDIT - Crackdown gif that demonstrates change with enhancements

compareiqsnm.gif

BC team going above and beyond with the OG games this week.

Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Breakdown
Conker Live & Reloaded
Destroy All Humans!
Full Spectrum Warrior
Hunter The Reckoning
Jade Empire
Mercenaries Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Panzer Elite Action
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Star Wars Republic Commando
SSX 3
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Also 6 new X1X enhanced games

Darksiders

Gears of War 2
Portal 2 
Red Dead Redemption 
Sonic Generations

Star Wars - The Force Unleashed

Yup same here. I've been waiting to play RDR, and also definitely will go back and finish Force Awakens now.

It's funny, I kind of held back in the spring sale because something told me I'd want to save up my credit. Now I'll probably drop like 50 bucks on OG games.

Just a quick update, the OG games will be released on 4/17 and 4/26, so they won't work yet.

bread's done
Back