XBox One Back Compatability Thread - 6/10/19 - RIP Back Compatibility. Final batch listed in post #2

If you would have told me that after all this time we'd be getting Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, and Skate 3 all in the same week....well, I'd believe you, but that would be really weird.

I'll be sad to see all the Skate 3 jokes go, though. It's sort of the Harambe of back compatible games. It's the answer to any question.

Wonder if they'll finally get the Dragon Age games on there? I have others I want too but if they add them or hell just Origins since 2 I barely tolerate I might just get rid of my 360 paperweight. I got so many things in my current setup connected it's just too annoying to keep setting it up on certain occasions.

Dead Space Ignition wasn't showing as available to download for my friend who got it as a promo for pre-ordering Dead Space 2 back in the day.

On the Black Friday sales page on the XBox, it shows MW3 and Oblivion as backwards compatible. Could be a mistake, but more likely an announcement that wasn't meant to go out yet.

EDIT - confirmed to be an error by Major Nelson. Even saying that, it seems like a pretty weird error to make, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them added eventually. May just be a Red Dead thing where it popped up before it was supposed to.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Black Friday sales page on the XBox, it shows MW3 and Oblivion as backwards compatible. Could be a mistake, but more likely an announcement that wasn't meant to go out yet.

EDIT - confirmed to be an error by Major Nelson. Even saying that, it seems like a pretty weird error to make, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them added eventually. May just be a Red Dead thing where it popped up before it was supposed to.
If Oblivion goes BC while it's on sale for cheap ($5) I will snatch it up and hope that my GOTY disc version lets me install the DLC!

Never expected to see Omega Five on BC! Bought it earlier this year at full price since it had never received a single discount and didn't want it randomly getting delisted on me lol. 

Burnout Paradise will be BC between now and 12/16, when it's a GWG.

Well, that's it. I'm satisfied. Plenty of other games I want, but that one was top of the list for me.

Pick up Oblivion in hopes it goes BC because Phil has delivered this month on "fan favorites"

Oblivion goes BC

d0027fb0f636498f1d0028d441b7c7ef7f2f9486265b94a441650379e7983686.jpg

I just picked up Oblivion GOTY from CD warehouse last week for $1.99.  It was a damaged clearance, but only because one disc had inner ring separation.  (nothing a little acetone can't repair)

Ok, this is awesome. Forgot you can uncap the framerate on 360 Bioshock. End result? Frequent 60 FPS performance, compared to playing on the 360 where it usually tops off uncapped at around 40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iew6LFO9_FE

Phil says "January is looking good for backwards compatibility"...last time he said a month was looking good, we got Oblivion, Skate 3, Mass Effect 2 & 3, Blue Dragon, and Burnout Paradise. Hope he's not exaggerating.

EDIT - According to official Twitter account, BC is done for the year (which is why there was nothing new on 12/22), will pick back up in January.

FYI, these two bunches of games were announced for BC today:

Strania, The Splatters, Scrap Metal and Ghostbusters

Dragon Age Origins, Battlefield: Bad Co. 2 & Battlefield 3

YES! I can't believe they added Ghostbusters. That is awesome! Microsoft has done so good with backward compatibility, man. Has to be way beyond anybody's expectations.

Mega Man 9, 10, and Beat'n Groovy are up.

EDIT - some news was found regarding Bad Company 2 being free on EA Access, but it was pulled. I guess it's not up now but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the future.

EDIT 2 - Both BFBC2 and BF3 are up on EA Access now.

rage should be downgraded to yellow rating. i've had audio issues creep up during every session and the game has crashed twice.
I set it to blue, but if you keep playing it and keep getting a crash let me know and I'll change it to yellow -or you can edit that post yourself, by the way.

Either way, I included that info in the post under the list with the expanded performance info.

GTA IV / Episodes From Liberty City have some frame pacing issues - definitely noticed it myself by people in my feed posting captures. Game looks a lot less smooth. They're aware of it and are working on it.

It might not be the spotlight but Poker Smash! Man I had many hours in that game while listening to podcasts, perfect game for that.

Posted this in the backlog thread but didn't see this one until just now...I want to go back and attempt some unfinished 100%'s for GTA IV's Ballad of Gay Tony and figured since I'm doing that might do another run of IV and Lost and Damned again too on Xbox. Does anyone happen to know how the BC works for it and Lost&Damned? I have IV downloading now but not sure how I'll get the two DLC episodes. Do you search the store and assuming you bought them ages ago under the gamertag do they come up for download or is there another way?

Posted this in the backlog thread but didn't see this one until just now...I want to go back and attempt some unfinished 100%'s for GTA IV's Ballad of Gay Tony and figured since I'm doing that might do another run of IV and Lost and Damned again too on Xbox. Does anyone happen to know how the BC works for it and Lost&Damned? I have IV downloading now but not sure how I'll get the two DLC episodes. Do you search the store and assuming you bought them ages ago under the gamertag do they come up for download or is there another way?
I'm assuming you're going to be playing GTA on Xbox One. If that's the case, just manage game and it'll be under your ready to install queue. No need to browse the store manually, it should be tied with your Microsoft account, you're all set to go.

I just downloaded Civ Rev onto my Xbox and don't forget to grab the free DLC, I had a few paid ones I had grabbed too, as well.

THEY fuckING DID IT. OG XBox games coming later this year. Finally, we can play XBox 1 games on the XBox One

bread's done
Back