XBox One Back Compatability Thread - 6/10/19 - RIP Back Compatibility. Final batch listed in post #2

Heads up, but the Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection doesn't work anymore for any of the BC titles.  Not sure if it's a glitch or an intentional " fuck You" from Sega, but I tweeted Nelson to see if he has any info in the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested in the reply.  I put that disc in yesterday morning and it loaded Golden Axe up right away for me, so I wonder when it happened.  

Also, Soul Calibur is an excellent play so far.  I played through with Cervantes and didn't notice any lag or issue.  

That's odd. I read on other forums that people were having the same issue, and that's what actually prompted me to check.

Strange.  Even after a hard reboot, I still get the "Do you own this game or app?" error.  When inserting the disc, it says disc isn't playable here.

Stuff definitely can get randomly goofy with BC. Over the last couple months I've seen games disappear off the list and then reappear when I check the next day or whatever. Assuming it's something where it's not seeing all your licenses after bootup (which may be why some of the Sega games are having conflicting reports). I've definitely had a couple of the Sonic games not show up on my list for some reason, then next time I check they are there. Same thing happened with Gears 1 this past weekend.

Phil said stuff is coming today. I don't think he would have mentioned it if there wasn't at least one big name in there, but not getting my hopes up.

Phil said stuff is coming today. I don't think he would have mentioned it if there wasn't at least one big name in there, but not getting my hopes up.
big-bucks-no-whammy-o.gif

"We're proud to announce BURNOUT....Crash"

"Happy to reveal that, starting today, BIO...nic Commando Rearmed 2 is backwards compatible"

Which one of you crazy fools actually asked for Sega Bass Fishing to be BC? 

Same bunch that wanted Drake and The 99 Dragons to be BC on the 360 from the OG Xbox. 

I saw Portal 2 and L4D were rumored, looks like that was accurate. Also a couple other randoms and Flashback. Nothing I own but a decent update.

Lot of stuff rumored for today, including New Vegas.

Edit - yep. Biggest single update to date.

...yet not a single game i own  :-({|=

i predict new vegas is going to run like  fuck

EDIT: I own Joe Danger and haven't played it much, so there's that.

This may have already been answered, but can I install THE DLC from new Vegas from the ultimate edition disk and it'll work?

does xbox one install BC 360 games to the hard drive like it does with x1 discs? all my BC 360 games are digital so i can't answer that question.

sorry, i meant does it install 360 BC discs
It's similar to the process for installing an Xbox One game to a console, except instead of copying the game from the disc it starts downloading the Games on Demand version of the game from the internet. It still requires the disc to be in the drive for license authentication to play though.

It's similar to the process for installing an Xbox One game to a console, except instead of copying the game from the disc it starts downloading the Games on Demand version of the game from the internet. It still requires the disc to be in the drive for license authentication to play though.
thanks. sad thing is i already knew that. i just forgot.

I'd assume we can say goodbye to the idea of the previously announced Bioshock 1/2/Infinite ever actually coming out, now that the remastered/collection has been leaked. fuckers. Enough remasters of games that don't need it.

I'd assume we can say goodbye to the idea of the previously announced Bioshock 1/2/Infinite ever actually coming out, now that the remastered/collection has been leaked. fuckers. Enough remasters of games that don't need it.
... can they do that? I guess they could. I noticed the coming soon section for BC has been gone for awhile. We are only missing Bioshock games, Skate and RDR right? RDR wasn't on the list, but you get my idea.

It's also been just about *one* year since Burnout Paradise was mentioned to MS for BC and I've seen 0 news for it.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/6/8900051/burnout-paradise-xbox-one-backward-compatible

I guess the one hope for the Bioshock games is if they offer them as a freebie when you buy the new collection, although depending on how much effort they put into the new game, that may make them look bad if the side-by-sides don't reveal much improvement.

Red Dead is finally out this Friday. Hoping this means Rockstar has finally got their shit together and is on board with BC. Red Dead is 7.50 during the sale this week by the way, one of the few decent deals they put up.

I'd love to see Ghostbusters: The Video Game go BC. Not sure how the license for that one would work since it was published by Atari...but Sanctum of Slime is BC, so maybe there's a chance?

The guy who is pretty much always right said these games should be up today, will update OP when they are live.

Sonic 4 Ep.1&2

Fret Nice

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

Crystal Defenders

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Capcom Arcade Cabinet

Pacman Museum

Couple new things up today. Nothing exciting, but glad to see they appear to be back to doing random releases rather than just Thursday.

Not that this should be that surprising, but it looks like (just like on regular XBox One games), some BC titles get a very small performance boost on the S.

Phil said on Twitter (no timetable for release) that Blue Dragon will eventually be BC.

bread's done
Back