XBox One Back Compatability Thread - 6/10/19 - RIP Back Compatibility. Final batch listed in post #2

I don't know if this has been mentioned... but I popped in the Sega Genesis Collection into my XBox One and it let me download the Arcade versions of Sonic 1,2,3 and Golden Axe. 

I don't know if this has been mentioned... but I popped in the Sega Genesis Collection into my XBox One and it let me download the Arcade versions of Sonic 1,2,3 and Golden Axe.
Man I would LOVE for PS2 to go BC...

EDIT - And the Shining games!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think of it/have time, try the new ones that just came out today (Altered Beast / Comix Zone). I think those are both on there...?

Awesome! Hadn't expected the Sega collection to be added honestly but that's a nice surprise, didn't have Golden Axe on its own previously, so another +1 to my BC library today! :D/

I'm figuring AB/CZ will get updated to work at some point as well, they always seem a few days behind getting the Namco Virtual Museum disc to work with BC.

Yea. I would have loved for the disc to play, but this is a nice surprise since I didn't have the xbl arcade versions of these games.

I really wonder if we're ever going to get quality titles added to this instead of this garbage no one cares about. Where's GTA IV? Dragon Age? Red Dead? The Arkhams? The Arkham ones still might get a current gen HD (not really HD but they gotta market it that way to say here's a playable AA/AC for current gen consoles) re-release but others such as those won't. I guess MS really is hellbent on making sure the populace doesn't ditch their old 360s collecting dust.

I really wonder if we're ever going to get quality titles added to this instead of this garbage no one cares about. Where's GTA IV? Dragon Age? Red Dead? The Arkhams? The Arkham ones still might get a current gen HD (not really HD but they gotta market it that way to say here's a playable AA/AC for current gen consoles) re-release but others such as those won't. I guess MS really is hellbent on making sure the populace doesn't ditch their old 360s collecting dust.
People say that the biggest roadblock to getting games into the BC program is the publisher's permission to do so, but I think in some cases they are having difficulty getting the emulator to run the game smoothly for some of the larger games, like all those you just mentioned and many others. I was shocked to see them get The Witcher 2 working with BC and also shocked to hear that Halo Wars runs well.

People say that the biggest roadblock to getting games into the BC program is the publisher's permission to do so, but I think in some cases they are having difficulty getting the emulator to run the game smoothly for some of the larger games, like all those you just mentioned and many others. I was shocked to see them get The Witcher 2 working with BC and also shocked to hear that Halo Wars runs well.
To add to this Red Dead is rumored to be a BC pre-order bonus for Red Dead 2 at E3 and the Batman Games have had their HD collection leak twice but Origins not coming as far as I know so there is hope for that.

Chance are if there's a sequel coming they will offer it as a bonus or the game is getting remastered like COD MW1 so they rather get the money that way.

Yeah, at this point games being preorder bonuses or whatever is going to be your most likely way to get stuff (almost) guaranteed. The original publisher has to do essentially no work on it, so there's nor reason for them not to do it.

Now if we could just get another fucking Burnout game so Revenge and Paradise could get in there. Not happening, I know.

I really wonder if we're ever going to get quality titles added to this instead of this garbage no one cares about. Where's GTA IV? Dragon Age? Red Dead? The Arkhams?
Rayman Origins ain't garbage. There were several good titles released over the last few months, not their fault if you don't like 'em.

GTA IV does not hold up, by the way. The 360 Arkham games got progressively worse.

And it's not up to MS, it's up to the publishers of the original games.

i'm not upset publishers are using BC titles as preorder bonuses because I already own the games I want to play. I just don't like that they wait to implement the BC for that game until they can bundle it as a perorder bonus.

Many a game of THEm was played with long lost CAG members 8-9 years ago, from Cheapy on down. Was pretty cool since you could fit like 8 people in a game. That and Uno were running shit around here for a while.

Friend told me that the Star Wars TFU games work. Wouldn't surprise me considering the date. Haven't seen anything official yet though.

Edit: they're listed now

I was looking at my shelf of games and it dawned on me that why isn't Lego Indiana Jones BC yet?  It just seems odd to have Lego Star Wars, Lego Pirates and Batman, but not Indy.

will we be getting Mafia 2 on the BW list for Mafia 3 comes out

Or sitting in a room bathed in red light while wearing a Kane mask?
Son of a bitch, did I do that? I know I occasionally did weird non-drug use/non-hey look at my dick stuff when on that old CAG video chat thing and/or XBL Vision-enabled games but it's all a blur now.

Son of a bitch, did I do that? I know I occasionally did weird non-drug use/non-hey look at my dick stuff when on that old CAG video chat thing and/or XBL Vision-enabled games but it's all a blur now.
I thought it was you who did it in an Uno game with a couple other CAGs, but I can't say with 100% certainty.

I also remember one Uno game in which an opponent went by the gamertag "TastesLikeBurntJew". He was working in the back of an ice cream shop while playing and showed/talked about it on camera.

Nah I definitely did that at some point (had forgotten I did the red light thing until you mentioned it). Didn't recall doing it in Uno but it's likely I did. The CAG video chat thing was where I mostly did it, I vaguely recall JimmieMac yelling for his wife to come over and "check this fuckin' guy out" or something.

Uno really was the ideal XBL game, at least for that time period. Everyone could get it for cheap, it didn't require much skill at all to play but was still fun, and you'd get the weirdness of video feeds of random humans thrown in to make it interesting enough to stick around.

UNOWATCH 2016 UPDATE: I messaged Phil Spencer on Twitter stressing how critical it was to get Uno up for BC with camera support. He responded in less than 5 minutes...unfortunately it was not to say "DONE, it's up now." But WE KNOW HE SAW IT AT LEAST.

UNOWATCH 2016 UPDATE: I messaged Phil Spencer on Twitter stressing how critical it was to get Uno up for BC with camera support. He responded in less than 5 minutes...unfortunately it was not to say "DONE, it's up now." But WE KNOW HE SAW IT AT LEAST.
And the response was...?

Nah I definitely did that at some point (had forgotten I did the red light thing until you mentioned it). Didn't recall doing it in Uno but it's likely I did. The CAG video chat thing was where I mostly did it, I vaguely recall JimmieMac yelling for his wife to come over and "check this fuckin' guy out" or something.

Uno really was the ideal XBL game, at least for that time period. Everyone could get it for cheap, it didn't require much skill at all to play but was still fun, and you'd get the weirdness of video feeds of random humans thrown in to make it interesting enough to stick around.
Haha, good ol' Jimmie Mac was always yelling back then. That was his default volume.

I did take part in the wrestling thread group chats on the original Xbox, but not sure about video chats on the 360 outside of games.

That wasn't my response, but it was similar enough. Not like he can really give me a spur of the moment "not happening" or even a "yes," for that matter.

Is there a compilation disk that contains Sonic and Knuckles?  I plugged in the same disk that got me Golden Axe and Sonic 1-3 but got nothing else from it.

It never supported the Kinect. It only supported the vision cam.
Are you sure? I thought they patched it at some point so it worked with Kinect.

I may be thinking of a different game, but I know there was at least one game that initially only had XBL Vision that later had Kinect support patched in.

Are you sure? I thought they patched it at some point so it worked with Kinect.

I may be thinking of a different game, but I know there was at least one game that initially only had XBL Vision that later had Kinect support patched in.
That's the disaster known as Totemball that was updated for Kinect. Originally, it used the camera and it was a mess. I never played the updated version.

I was looking at my shelf of games and it dawned on me that why isn't Lego Indiana Jones BC yet? It just seems odd to have Lego Star Wars, Lego Pirates and Batman, but not Indy.
I'm waiting on the Lego Harry Potter games for my son and myself to play.

bread's done
Back