XBox One Back Compatability Thread - 6/10/19 - RIP Back Compatibility. Final batch listed in post #2

Probably not. I was able to download it and play it a little bit the day it was leaked, but since then every time I tried to start the game it would ask if I own it (which I do). That just means that XBL locked the game down because it isn't ready for prime time.

Also, there is the chance that if you try to play any BC games before they are ready for GA your account could get flagged, so I backed off from downloading the games. before they are ready. :)
i get that alot with games like division what does that mean

Pac-Man does NOT prompt an install when you put in the Namco Virtual Museum compilation disc, but if it's anything like the last few Namco titles, will probably start working within a week or so!

what are the chances we get a Left for dead 1 & 2 remake double pack for xbox one for 39.99 like dead island 1 and 1.5

Decent update. Alan Wake, Castlevania SOTN, and Pac-Man are now on Major Nelson's list. Will check out SOTN tonight or tomorrow if it's working.
SOTN works - I got sucked right in for an hour last night.

At one point I was even streaming to my office PC - so I had a PS1 port running on a 360 emulator running on an XBone streaming to my PC. What a world... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in need of a physical copy of Halo Wars, check Gamestop. In store, it looks like all copies of the platinum hits version were converted to used. I just picked up a copy, complete with unpeeled DLC card for 9.xx after PUR. It was gutted, but looked like Gamestop "new".

Anyone in need of a physical copy of Halo Wars, check Gamestop. In store, it looks like all copies of the platinum hits version were converted to used. I just picked up a copy, complete with unpeeled DLC card for 9.xx after PUR. It was gutted, but looked like Gamestop "new".
May actually check for that, finished it long ago but liked it enough to get back into it. Thanks.

Alan Wake runs better then the 360 counterpart but has insane black crush. Your gonna need to turn the brightness/gamma way up to play it. Hope they are working on a patch! http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1198395

Castlevania SOTN works really well however. 

I haven't tried much of Halo Wars but I heard good things.

i think they should have a voting for what games should come out for each update

Updating wiki now, Pac-Man loads fine from the Namco Compilation.

I don't have either of the Konami Classics Discs, so I can't test if SOTN works from Vol. 1. Since mostly everything else has worked, I would hope so.

Dark Souls and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are supposedly BC now.  I own Dark Souls, but it's not showing up in my Ready to Install list.  :/

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/712670248609120256

Dark Souls and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are supposedly BC now. I own Dark Souls, but it's not showing up in my Ready to Install list. :/

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/712670248609120256
Both appeared fine for me. I planned on playing Dark Souls tonight until I realized 3 came out in Japan today...

I'm still hoping Beautiful Katamari will be added.  Yesterday was two Bandai Namco games, so hopefully BK is on it's way.

deadspace 1 and saints row 4 will be free free on April 1 and 16

Saints Row: The Third was already given to us via Games With Gold. I believe it was within the first 6 months or so of the program being active.

Soul Calibur II HD and KoF '98 Ultimate Match are now up.

Halo Wars is also now up for everyone, not just preview dashboard people.

Digging this constant stream at the end of the month :D/. Also glad more SNK titles showed up, kinda figured they some were coming since the Metal Slugs were available at launch. Hope the rest follow!

Dead Space is up. After a slow start in March, they're fucking killing it at the end of the month here. Guess they weren't kidding about just releasing stuff whenever it's ready.

Dead Space is up. After a slow start in March, they're fucking killing it at the end of the month here. Guess they weren't kidding about just releasing stuff whenever it's ready.
Dead Space is one of the new Games With Gold for April, so that's why it's available now.

Yo M$ is crazy they want 34.99 for saints row lV For 360

Last edited:
They're both WWE fans, too. Those guys are a big part of the reason wrestling fans are viewed in the popular stereotypical manner.

I think it was either GWG or ridiculously cheap during a sale a few years ago.  (Maybe both).  I didn't care for it, just a side-scrolling platformer with a gimmick or two.

On the other hand, Gunstar Heroes is still pretty fucking rad so I'll check that out tonight. I'm curious if it also has the slight input lag the "Vintage Collection" Sonic games had. Should be telling if it's something that's just specific to the Sonic 1/2/3 games, or if something gets goofy along the way when going from the 360's Genesis emulator to the XBone's 360 emulator.

New job keeps from dicking around on the internet as much as I did, so fallen a little behind.

Sonic The Fighters, Duke Nukem Manhattan Project, Garou Mark of the Wolves, Monaco, and Doom 3 BFG Edition are all up now. D3 is apparently only available on disc.

that would be nice if doom 1-3 came free with the new doom xbox one ver

bread's done
Back