Xbox One CAG Game Night

Somehow, I was convinced to get Rocket League.
You won't regret it.

george-zimmer-300x225.jpg

The wife wasn't a fan, and that's the only match I played, a 1v1 exhibition with her last night. That was pretty disappointing. I'll get more time in with it tonight while she's working.

I hate 1v1.  You need at least 2v2, but 3v3 is my favorite, as long as the people on your team aren't ball hogs and know how to actually be a team.  It brings enough chaos and unpredictability to keep the pace of the game up.

That's my biggest gripe with the game - teammates who, no matter what, have to hit the ball even if you have a perfect shot set up. They'll come in and slam you out of the way or hit the ball away from the goal.  There should be an option to kick people like that from the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's playing the Division tonight??? Champ and I should be on around 9:30-10 eastern time

I'll be playing tonight about 10 EST. just beat the medical mission on hard with 2, idle for the first 2 parts level 4 players...and eventually no one until near the last boss when one of them decided to join in. I'm lvl 5 now.

Does anyone who has Destiny and hasn't done the friend referral want to do it tonight? I've played before using someone else's license but I just bought it myself so I should be eligible for it. I don't have a mic atm but from my understanding it's just a few quests so it shouldn't be hard.

Anyone want to get some Halo MCC going? Maybe we can get a Big Team Battle game going.

If we get enough people, we can control the vote of the map/game/gametype  O:)

what level are you?

(the division)
30/35, I think. But I'm more or less on a Division sabbatical pending more of the regulars hitting LVL 30. Nothing about the Division is so compelling that I'm going to play more of it with randoms, particularly since I'm at 980/1000.

I did purchase RE6 if anyone is interested in co-op sometime this weekend. Just message me - GT: StrangerStill79.

Or I could help out with Infinity Mode in PVZ:GW2 (hit 990/1000 last night!).

30/35, I think. But I'm more or less on a Division sabbatical pending more of the regulars hitting LVL 30. Nothing about the Division is so compelling that I'm going to play more of it with randoms, particularly since I'm at 980/1000.

I did purchase RE6 if anyone is interested in co-op sometime this weekend. Just message me - GT: StrangerStill79.

Or I could help out with Infinity Mode in PVZ:GW2 (hit 980/1000 last night!).
We are all 25/21 right now, so it shouldnt be too long til we can tackle the end game stuff with you. Big update coming in less than 2 weeks that should make things very interesting

Also got RE6 and havent had a chance to play it, so I could be down to play that tonight if you are around, we each have to do the tutorial solo first though

We are all 25/21 right now, so it shouldnt be too long til we can tackle the end game stuff with you. Big update coming in less than 2 weeks that should make things very interesting

Also got RE6 and havent had a chance to play it, so I could be down to play that tonight if you are around, we each have to do the tutorial solo first though
Ok, I see you're in the RE6 tutorial/prologue, so I'll tackle that in a bit and see if you're still playing :)

I'm looking forward to the Division update - after finishing every side mission/quest/collectible, I'm just sort of burnt out on the currently available stuff (DZ and daily missions on hard).

My apologies if i shouldnt be posting this here, but im not sure where else to ask.

I'm trying to do the co-op achievment (double trouble) for saints row gat outta hell. Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat and wanted to get play?

Thanks!

My apologies if i shouldnt be posting this here, but im not sure where else to ask.

I'm trying to do the co-op achievment (double trouble) for saints row gat outta hell. Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat and wanted to get play?

Thanks!
I wouldn't mind helping - but I haven't started the game yet (I have played/finished Saint's Row IV on 360 and bought the X1 re-master, but haven't started either on X1). Would that matter, i.e. do we need to be at the same basic point in the story/missions?

GT: StrangerStill79

*edit* Student was/is playing SRIV, but I'm not sure if it was the main game or GOOH.

I was playing SR4 but quit because only the host was getting achievements.

I can help with achievement if you need it though. Just haven't played any GOOH if that matters

Also big update in Division coming soon. And the wolf pack is closing in on 30 so we can do some of the endgame stuff with you guys, Stranger and Omen

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-23598-The-Division---Falcon-Lost-Incursion--Gear-Trading---Loads-More-Detailed.html

Link credit goes to Blinknot for giving me the heads up the other day

I was playing SR4 but quit because only the host was getting achievements.

I can help with achievement if you need it though. Just haven't played any GOOH if that matters

Also big update in Division coming soon. And the wolf pack is closing in on 30 so we can do some of the endgame stuff with you guys, Stranger and Omen

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-23598-The-Division---Falcon-Lost-Incursion--Gear-Trading---Loads-More-Detailed.html

Link credit goes to Blinknot for giving me the heads up the other day
That they're touting it as 'harder than challenge mode' and took the developers 2+ days to beat it (and then they made it harder still) doesn't fill me with a lot of hope. Maybe I'm just a wimp, but I don't think making enemies harder to defeat (spawning behind you, increased accuracy, bullet-sponging), in and of themselves, is a great strategy for end-game content (particularly for random match-making and, if I recall, no saving/checkpoints). For example, at the end of the game
when you fought the Bliss in the helicopter
, that felt like an appropriate increase in difficultly since
while unrealistic, he's in an attack chopper
. Maybe there's more of that, but that's not the case in challenge mode, which, btw, is no walk-in-the-park.

I'll still try it tho :)

I wouldn't mind helping - but I haven't started the game yet (I have played/finished Saint's Row IV on 360 and bought the X1 re-master, but haven't started either on X1). Would that matter, i.e. do we need to be at the same basic point in the story/missions?

GT: StrangerStill79

*edit* Student was/is playing SRIV, but I'm not sure if it was the main game or GOOH.
Added ya

I'll be playing Destiny most of the afternoon/evening - if anyone can assist with the Red Bull Quest (the 2nd Part where you run the WarMind Bunker in 18 minutes) or the non-matching Prison of Elders missions from House of Wolves or we can do strikes/crucible/lvl 41 Prison of Elders.  My main character is light LVL 314, so we probably couldn't do Nightfall or Challenge of Elders.

GT - StrangerStill79.  Send me a message (via XBOX) so I know you're not a random ;)

hey guys, long time cag member, long time gamer.   a dad that can only really play friday nights, and some saturday nights.  mostly right now i play UFC.  but i have Overwatch and Battleborn pre-ordered.  i also have Terarria, CastleCrashers, GTA5, NBA JAM, and Diablo 3.  my gamertag is King Slayer DK.  thanks guys.  

i also am about to get a PS Vita, soon as my amazon credit kicks in.

hey guys, long time cag member, long time gamer. a dad that can only really play friday nights, and some saturday nights. mostly right now i play UFC. but i have Overwatch and Battleborn pre-ordered. i also have Terarria, CastleCrashers, GTA5, NBA JAM, and Diablo 3. my gamertag is KingSlayer DK. thanks guys.

i also am about to get a PS Vita, soon as my amazon credit kicks in.
Tried adding you, but it's saying:

We could not find that person. Check the gamertag and try searching again.

Been a long time since we had an actual game night, but a few of us play regularly together.

Feel free to add your name to the op if you haven't too

Anyone here getting Overwatch? Been really enjoying the beta, but would only consider grabbing day 1 if I had some people to play with

Haven't tried the beta yet (plan to tomorrow), but if I like it I'll probably get it early. From the videos, I'd be somewhat surprised if it doesn't gel with me.

Anyone need to do Challenge of the Elders in Destiny tonight or this weekend?  Decent chance for an exotic, plus you get high-level chroma gear for meeting weekly point thresholds (typically takes 1 game for a weapon, 3 games for armor).  Recommended is Light LVL 320, but I'd say you need to be ~315.  My characters are 332/329/328.

Msg me if so:

GT - StrangerStill79

Anyone here getting Overwatch? Been really enjoying the beta, but would only consider grabbing day 1 if I had some people to play with
Any takers on Overwatch yet? Looks pretty fun, I didn't play the Beta.

Figure I should give it a shot since it's pretty cheap at BB, and can get it on Monday the 23rd.

Any takers on Overwatch yet? Looks pretty fun, I didn't play the Beta.

Figure I should give it a shot since it's pretty cheap at BB, and can get it on Monday the 23rd.
I played the beta, & I enjoyed it. It was quite fun. I could see people getting bored with it though. I may pick it at some point. I expect the price to drop fairly quickly.

I have OverWatch pre-ordered at Best Buy, and I know Darby does too. If it's something you're interested in its a pretty good deal at $48 with the $10 gift card too. I expect the game to be pretty popular and hold it's value for a while. Blizzard doesn't really put out duds, so I imagine they know they have something good on their hand, and they'll continue supporting it long-term (Diablo 2 still gets patches and is like 15 years old).

The game seriously rewards teamwork and coordination though so its important to play with people you can communicate with and that everyone plays a role.

Has anyone played the Nascar expansion for Forza 6?

Looks pretty good, has a bunch of tracks like Daytona.

Was a lot of fun playing Nascar multiplayer on Gran Turismo 5, back in the day.

Has anyone played the Nascar expansion for Forza 6?

Looks pretty good, has a bunch of tracks like Daytona.

Was a lot of fun playing Nascar multiplayer on Gran Turismo 5, back in the day.
Darby's got it, as far as we've talked about it he just said the Forza AI sucks for NASCAR. Brownwing(aka dark rider) Darby and myself actually played some FH2 last night. I used the paddle shifters on the elite for the first time and it was awesome.

Also thinking of doing an Overwatch game night Tuesday Night if people are interested. If we have enough people we can run our own custom games.

I just pre-ordered Overwatch, but probably won't be here until the weekend.  I'm not usually up late enough to play with you guys during the week anyway though :)

I am not picking up Overwatch until it drops cheaper. However, if it ends up in a Redox near me on Tuesday, I'll rent it for the game night. 

Overwatch installed pretty quick and I'll be on that in half an hour or so if anyone wants to do some rounds.

bread's done
Back