Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

i just changed the shipping for the one i orderd for my cousin to my house in case the GS fails to come thru. he does not care regular or day 1 anyway

If anyone needs a trade up coupon for Black Flag or BF4 at Best Buy, let me know. I ended up with an extra for each and I don't think they are linked to your account.

Same here : /

To trade them in to the MS Store I thought you had to have bought the 360 versions from them just like at GS though?
when I called the store he said I can just come in and trade without a receipt from them. I am going to call thursday. ours just opened this past saturday

got my shipping/charge warning email from amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, thats the thing...I pre-ordered the first day they were available from Newegg. They threw up the web page to take the pre-orders and have not updated it since. Nothing to pay attention to, as the Day One edition did not exist at that time. I contacted them a week after Day One came into existence, and they were not sure which version I was getting. I contacted them a month after, and they told me they were not sure which versions they were getting. Two months later, they still werent sure. Three weeks ago, they told me to contact the manufacturer. Only a week ago, did they confirm it was a standard edition...much to late to cancel my order and get ANY edition on launch.

That being said, the silence was deafening and I should have cancelled and ordered from somewhere that advertised as Day One. I won't cancel now and will live with the concequences of no Day One edition and saving $30 on taxes.
thanks just cancelled the newegg order

I was digging through my spam folder and noticed an Amazon promo. I'm confused on it though, because it only works for BF4 (which I ordered from them). What are you guys doing with the extra copies?

Ended up cancelling my Day One from Amazon. Wish MS would have detailed Xbox Fitness before release a little more, since that was the main feature I was looking forward to using until the games I'm interested in are released late next year. 

I was digging through my spam folder and noticed an Amazon promo. I'm confused on it though, because it only works for BF4 (which I ordered from them). What are you guys doing with the extra copies?
It will only work for the game you purchased. I ordered COD and BF4 and got them today, after seeing the post about the promo I went in and placed an order for COD and BF4 again. $35 a piece, I plan on going to Walmart and exchanging for Lego Marvel and Madden.

They are giving you another copy?

Yeah, if anyone is canceling their Xbox One Day One Editions, just contact me. I'll give you the full price and an additional $50. My nephew has been hounding me for one since he found out about me getting the new system. :p

Likely going to try and trade or sell it for a game that I wasn't really intending to buy during launch week (Ryse, NFS Rivals or DR3). If Amazon was selling the disc version of Zoo Tycoon, I would have been all over it.. but alas, it's a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Yeah, if anyone is canceling their Xbox One Day One Editions, just contact me. I'll give you the full price and an additional $50. My nephew has been hounding me for one since he found out about me getting the new system. :p
Count me in as well. My fiance is the one hounding me, though. Doesn't have to be Day One, though.

EDIT: I'm not going to be able to midnight launch this time around. Fiance works Thursday overnight and someone has to watch the kids (me)

Yeah, it's very strange because as you said, when you log into MyBestBuy and look at the offer details, it definitely says "1250 Bonus Points on All Xbox One Games". The small print does say to check for the eligible titles.

But when you look at the offer page on Best Buy's main site, it says "Select Xbox One Titles...choose 3 titles from the games below".

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/xbox-one-offer-114308

My guess is that the promo was created when Best Buy figured LEGO had a street date beyond 11/23, which is when this promo ends.

As usual, clear as mud, Best Buy. :whee:
Of course they are LOL

There online ad states any Xbox one game

http://deals.bestbuy.com/#!/video+games

I also took a screen shot of this and the page that appears in mybestbuy offers which states the same thing. That way if I do have issue with not getting the $25 promo I will have something to show them and it shouldn't be a problem to get them to add the 1250 points if I don't automatically get them.

The link that you posted also states that the games must all be purchased on the same receipt which is no longer the case either.

I'm going in today to pick up some of my games today so I'll check out the physical add and see what it says.

Anybody know if Best Buy will sell Day One Xbox One's without Pre-orders or are those only for Pre-orders?
Confirmed. If your best buy has extra day one variety they have been instructed to hold those for black friday sale. (secret in store special, so look when you go in since it is not advertised)

Originally it was going to be all day ones sold at launch but as best buy got in another shipment, that are all the standard version in the green box, the descision was to hold back day ones for black friday surprise.

Anyone think if I still don't have my GS next gen trade up coupons for CoD and BF4 by Thursday night that I could just go with my receipt and everything showing I bought them there with my card and have them do an override?

Anyone think if I still don't have my GS next gen trade up coupons for CoD and BF4 by Thursday night that I could just go with my receipt and everything showing I bought them there with my card and have them do an override?
Yes, my manager told me not to worry and that he would just override it.

It will only work for the game you purchased. I ordered COD and BF4 and got them today, after seeing the post about the promo I went in and placed an order for COD and BF4 again. $35 a piece, I plan on going to Walmart and exchanging for Lego Marvel and Madden.
I've heard this many times.. but is it actually possible? What do you say when they ask for receipt?

Anyways. I much rather trade my 2k14 and BF4 for Madden if anyone is interested.

I've heard this many times.. but is it actually possible? What do you say when they ask for receipt?
I tell them my fiance bought these for me but I had already had them. You can return I believe 3 items a year to Walmart without a receipt. They'll give you the money on a gift card but I usually tell them I want to get another game.

Just got NFS in the mail for today for PS4, can't decide if I should try to exchange it for the X1 version because I would much rather play it on an Xbox controller.

What does PIN mean for killer instinct pin ultimate edition? I googled it and it seems like it comes with some actual pins.

This is sounding like the PS4 all over again; all these bad announcements a few days before launch. Now no Twitch and no USB music playback at launch. UGH!
It sucks, but at least uploading clips to SkyDrive should be ready. I'm a lot more excited about that than streaming.

Confirmed. If your best buy has extra day one variety they have been instructed to hold those for black friday sale. (secret in store special, so look when you go in since it is not advertised)

Originally it was going to be all day ones sold at launch but as best buy got in another shipment, that are all the standard version in the green box, the descision was to hold back day ones for black friday surprise.
The real question is when will they sell these. 6pm Thursday when the store opens or later? I don't wanna show up after dinner and be told sorry your shit out of luck we sold them already lol

my manager who is super nice said he may not be able to :/

i am going to ask when i get my number at 6. if not i will just go to ms store
Again, what do you plan on doing at the MS store...? You need to have proof that you purchased the 360 copies from there to get the trade up promo.

that kind of sucks with no twitch streaming that is a big blow for ms i think to start. i really want to play ryse after more video i seen today but i think it's not worth 60 bucks that's for sure i do have credit at bb that is enough for two games but ryse is not evne worth free. i think i will just try to rent ryse from gamefly or local game renting place.

This is sounding like the PS4 all over again; all these bad announcements a few days before launch. Now no Twitch and no USB music playback at launch. UGH!
The whole USB music thing isnt as bad since ive been streaming my library to my xbox from my pc for years and you can still do that so atleast theres a workaround but the twitch thing is pretty annoying to hear. Waiting this long to meantion this is pretty annoying also.

Just got NFS in the mail for today for PS4, can't decide if I should try to exchange it for the X1 version because I would much rather play it on an Xbox controller.
I read somewhere that it supports the vibration triggers, so that's got me leaning towards the X1 version.

no iv had mine ordered since day one but i changed the payment method last night cause i lost my card and was waiting for another one but its not gunna come in time so i routed the payment to my bank got an email saying everything was confirmed and good then woke up this morning to another email saying my payment method and orders have been canceled please reorder your items again if u still want them 

What does PIN mean for killer instinct pin ultimate edition? I googled it and it seems like it comes with some actual pins.
Yep. It's some Penny Arcade thing. Comes with pins and the full version of the season 1 game. I'm assuming the season 2 characters will need to be purchased by everyone that wants them regardless of how they purchased the initial release, but I don't think it's been explicitly said.

bread's done
Back