Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I loved camping out for systems back in the day, I camped out for 360 because of a Gamestop snafu with my preorder, camped out for Wiis more times than I could guess (probably 4 or 5 times since they were so scarce for a while). I never had to camp out for the PS3 since I lucked up with my preorder, and Wii U I had every intention of camping out but got in on the Walmart store pick-up bug that allowed me to pick it up a day before release.

my guess is that these things are the ones over time people cancel order which i figured was the same case when amazon had ps4's left those were ones from people that over pre order process canceled.

my guess is that these things are the ones over time people cancel order which i figured was the same case when amazon had ps4's left those were ones from people that over pre order process canceled.
That actually sounds like a good guess since I've seen plenty of CAGs including myself who cancelled our preorders in the past month. I had two of each console preorder between Amazon and GS.

Quick question:
Why are people camping out for a One? Couldn't they have just preordered? Always kind of wondered this, since they started doing preorders on consoles.

People at my GS today said they expect way less people at midnight for X1 than they did at PS4 release because Microsoft only allowed them to take a low # 

Best Buy shipping won't send the Day One to your house?
It's probably cause Bestbuy.com won't have release date delivery. If he wanted to buy a console with no games he would probably buy a different console. ;)
In this example he mentioned dead rising 3 "day one" edition, which is currently sold out on the website (for bestbuy) and offers no option for in store pick up or ship to store. So in this case he doesn't have the OPTION.

Also to point out that bestbuy IS going to have release date/ if not a day or so early, delivery. Is that my AC4 that I placed the order on the 18th for, is arriving tomorrow, and that RYSE and Forza 5 were shipped today, and going by the same speed of AC4, should arrive some time around the 21st-22nd.

I normally am one to hold off on Assassin's creed games, but as it being a next gen title, along with that because of various mixing and matches of promos I am really getting it for $30, I can comfortably drop that for a launch title with the preorder DLC.

People at my GS today said they expect way less people at midnight for X1 than they did at PS4 release because Microsoft only allowed them to take a low #
I was told the same thing at my Gamestop, they said Sony gave them a higher # allotment, but they also told me they expect to have quite a few more than their initial preorder of X1's, so who knows.

I still think its worth it to pick up the day one editions of the games.  They are going to be very limited as to my store didnt get many besides the copies that people pre ordered.  I can already see a bunch of people not picking up games.  The cover art was actually pretty nice in my opinion.  Id take the shiny covers over the plain paper covers any day :p.  The do say day one on them and I know its a bummer that they didnt have those slip covers.  Im thinking they may have been a bonus for people who ordered of the MS store?

In this example he mentioned dead rising 3 "day one" edition, which is currently sold out on the website (for bestbuy) and offers no option for in store pick up or ship to store. So in this case he doesn't have the OPTION.

Also to point out that bestbuy IS going to have release date/ if not a day or so early, delivery. Is that my AC4 that I placed the order on the 18th for, is arriving tomorrow, and that RYSE and Forza 5 were shipped today, and going by the same speed of AC4, should arrive some time around the 21st-22nd.

I normally am one to hold off on Assassin's creed games, but as it being a next gen title, along with that because of various mixing and matches of promos I am really getting it for $30, I can comfortably drop that for a launch title with the preorder DLC.
I just dont trust an early arrival from BB. Standard shipping says like the 26th which doesnt work for me

I still think its worth it to pick up the day one editions of the games. They are going to be very limited as to my store didnt get many besides the copies that people pre ordered. I can already see a bunch of people not picking up games. The cover art was actually pretty nice in my opinion. Id take the shiny covers over the plain paper covers any day :p. The do say day one on them and I know its a bummer that they didnt have those slip covers. Im thinking they may have been a bonus for people who ordered of the MS store?
Yup, I tried pre-ordering the DR3/Ryse Day One editions a couple days ago, and they said pre-orders were shut off. So, I ordered Ryse from BB and DR3 from Amazon. I wanted all the Day One stuff.

2013_Ford_Focus_ST_PreOrder_WM_1080.jpg

“Forza Motorsport 5” Day One Car Pack

This three-car pack features amazing cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10:

2010 Audi TT RS Coupe: Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi’s famed RS badge – a distinction that’s earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.

2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.

2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera: Like great sculpture, the Superleggera’s chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That’s where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it’s moving at top speed.

DeadRising.png

“Dead Rising 3” Day One Edition

“Dead Rising” Tribute Pack featuring exclusive game content and bonus attribute perks.

Classic Frank West outfit with Frank’s Zombie Slugger weapon, extra gory attacks and a custom skill move. Also includes attribute perks for increased melee damage and tougher survivors.

Official Chuck Greene outfit with Paddle Saw combo weapon that cuts through zombie hordes with increased damage and durability. Also includes attribute perks for vehicle and weapon durability.

“Ryse: Son of Rome” Day One Edition Exclusive Gladiator Mode Unlockables

The Day One Edition of "Ryse: Son of Rome" will give players access to an exclusive Gladiator Mode Co-Op Multiplayer Map and an exclusive Sword add-on. Owners of the Day One Edition will be able to invite friends who own the Standard Edition to join them on the exclusive map.

Legionnaire’s Trust Exclusive Sword: From the Brotherhood of Metalworkers high in the Swiss Alps comes this well-crafted, finely hammered blade that includes bonus in-game attributes.

Ruins: Placing gladiators among the columns of an abandoned temple, Ruins will pit players against hordes of Barbarians, attacking from around every corner. The arena changes dynamically during gameplay, adding new obstacles and objectives for the player to encounter and overcome.

Those are the bonuses for day one editions

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I tried pre-ordering the DR3/Ryse Day One editions a couple days ago, and they said pre-orders were shut off. So, I ordered Ryse from BB and DR3 from Amazon. I wanted all the Day One stuff.
will the games in store at bestbuy be the day one edition? or only for preorders? I want to buy at bestbuy to use the GCU but I don't want to cancel my amazon order until i'm sure..

Last edited by a moderator:
So...will the Xbox One Day One Edition's actually arrive - DAY ONE?

Would be stupid as shit if they didn't.
Well in some cases it is rather stupid to expect that EVERYTHING will be launch day delivery, just because something says "day one" means it is available, day one, as in the first run of the console.

That being said, people who preorder from X store and chose "Free but super cheap and slow super ultimate saver shipping" shouldn't expect that they will ship out the console a full week before it is released, just so they can get it launch day.

ive already got one preordered when they were first available..

anyone know if they would allow another purchase from tomorrow?

Yeah, idk. If the reviews for Ryse are decent I might grab it, assuming I can get the day one edition. At this point, it would be the only game I paid full price for :D

I'll wake up in the morning right before 8. But I'm 50/50 on whether not I want to be able to get a pre-order or not. On one hand I already have my PS4 and if I wait til Titanfall to get a Xbone like I decided on doing the launch games will be cheaper. But on the other hand the hype is taking over me and I want it now! lol

tl;dr blah blah first world problems blah blah

is the smart glass for x1 not out on ios yet? i looked to see if the 360 smart glass app on my iphone would update and it did not and it's still the one i have that is up in app store

is the smart glass for x1 not out on ios yet? i looked to see if the 360 smart glass app on my iphone would update and it did not and it's still the one i have that is up in app store
it is a separate app, just search for it in the app store.

I just dont see how stores will get exact #s on Day One games. Consoles makes some sense but I feel like games will be out in the wild
Not sure. I grabbed the preorder cards for DR3 and Forza at Target and then went back to get Ryse but they had pulled all of them. You just gave me a great idea though. I'll buy DR3 and Forza, get the $10 in gift cards and pickup Ryse for $50 :D

Alright, downloading SmartGlass for Xbox One on my PC, hopefully it works fine on a laptop for now since I can't get my WP7 phone upgraded to a 8 until January :p

wow just posted in the ps4 thread but nba live is the biggest piece of junk ive ever played.. i literally turned it off and uninstalled because the cpu through the ball down low to bynum who was posted up and literally did not move for 10 secs....just stayed there frozen

So I was talking to both the manager and asst manager at my Gamestop today when picking up BF, ACIV, and Madden. Sounds like the people that got in on the 3rd wave of pre-orders for the Xbox One are not getting Day One Editions. They told me they only had enough Day One's to cover the first two waves. Well at my store at least. They didn't sound too pleased and are prepared for some pissed off customers. I know I am good for a Day One since I got in on the very first day. Sucks for those that waited too long though
This better not be me since I pre-ordered somewhat late, but it says day one on my receipt damn it! :(

I'll wake up in the morning right before 8. But I'm 50/50 on whether not I want to be able to get a pre-order or not. On one hand I already have my PS4 and if I wait til Titanfall to get a Xbone like I decided on doing the launch games will be cheaper. But on the other hand the hype is taking over me and I want it now! lol

tl;dr blah blah first world problems blah blah
I'm kinda in the same boat. I already have my PS4 and was going to wait until Titanfall to decide on getting an X1, but I'm kinda excited for it now and it would all be paid for in store credit. My preorder is a Day One edition also, so that is a factor.

wow just posted in the ps4 thread but nba live is the biggest piece of junk ive ever played.. i literally turned it off and uninstalled because the cpu through the ball down low to bynum who was posted up and literally did not move for 10 secs....just stayed there frozen
Nah, that sounds about right for Bynum,

you mean a game that was delayed two years and then not even being hyped by ea sports sucks? :bouncy: still puzzles me why ea even wasted money on that game my guess is its one and done for that game.

you mean a game that was delayed two years and then not even being hyped by ea sports sucks? :bouncy: still puzzles me why ea even wasted money on that game my guess is its one and done for that game.

Im smart enough to not drop $$ on the game... but people were defending it earlier and talking about how ultimate team would be its return to stardom.... cmon man!

Im smart enough to not drop $$ on the game... but people were defending it earlier and talking about how ultimate team would be its return to stardom.... cmon man!
i love u.t on other ea games but no way i was going to buy live. Heck when ea basketball games were good back in early 90's those games were better then this garbage.

Just got an email about my order:

Hello,

We're contacting you about pre-order #XXX for Xbox One Console - Day One Edition.

Before your order ships, please make sure your payment and shipping information is correct:

1. Go to https://amazon.com/openorders.
2. Find your order and check the expiration date on your payment method.
3. If your payment method expires before November 2013, click "Change Payment Method" on the right side of the order summary.
4. Either update the expiration date of the existing payment method and click "Retry payment method," or select a different payment method or enter a new credit card.
5. Verify the billing address and shipping address. If necessary, update either by clicking "Change" next to the address you wish to update, then select an existing address option, or click "Add US Address" or "Add International Address."

Updating payment information will not affect your estimated delivery date of November 22, 2013.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com

I guess they tried to charge me for it already?

Last chance for the ones interested in buying it from me! I won't have that much longer to change the delivery address, so if you want it on release day, let me know!

I feel like EA had to get some semblance of a basketball game out this year and count on a small fraction of early adopter blind buys. If you're not the review reading type, you'd be stoked to see a new NBA Live out, especially if you grew up on the series.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I already have my PS4 and was going to wait until Titanfall to decide on getting an X1, but I'm kinda excited for it now and it would all be paid for in store credit. My preorder is a Day One edition also, so that is a factor.
Yeah, ditto. I have $475 in amazon credit so its almost completely paid off if I do decide to get one. Plus I still have around 9200 msp which should convert somewhere around $120

But do i really need both consoles right now? Probably not. But do I want both of them? Yes

bread's done
Back