Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Very few games have had me so emotionally attached as Kingdom Hearts or FF7. Other games I just want the end boos because I hate him with a burning passion and can't wait f them up.

What parts? I only beat Halo Reach so far.
Well I certainly don't want to spoil anything for you in the coming games, but Reach actually has a few for me due to the events of that game.

There are others times where it doesn't actually involve people dying, but the scenes are just so epic or memorable and I am so pumped up to be there again. Halo 3 is my main game for nostalgic/epic-induced emotional outbursts. I don't like full-out cry on the treadmill though, but there's times where I am drenched in sweat, totally immersed in the universe I love so much, and the music is blaring and I have chills and get choked up.

One of my most slow-burn attachments to a character was Ezio from Assassin's Creed II and the two expansions to that game, and then the little movie that showed the events after the second expansion. I got very attached to him.

Assassin's Creed 1 is actually the reason I started running on the treadmill, even though I never actually played it on the treadmill. I had been playing AC a lot that December and running a lot in the game, and I also had a treadmill down here that wasn't being used. So after a couple weeks of playing AC and just seeing all that running, I decided to get myself running, since at that time I was 250-255 pounds. I've been down to 200 since then, even 198 or so, thanks to running. I now hover around 225, which would be perfect for me if that 25 pounds was more muscle than fat and flab, but I'm looking for Xbox Fitness to finally get me lifting. My legs and stuff are super strong, but I have little to no upper body muscle. I'm hoping that having easy access to P90X stuff and having it integrated with the Xbox brand is what will finally motivate me to do exercises involving the free-weights I have.

I know two brothers who were very overweight and both of them transformed their bodies and their personalities via P90X. Drastic changes in the span of a few months. Like over 100 pounds right before my eyes, at least. That's why I really want Xbox Fitness on the Xbox One to be all it could be because now Xbox could officially change the lives of people like it did for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I certainly don't want to spoil anything for you in the coming games, but Reach actually has a few for me due to the events of that game.

There are others times where it doesn't actually involve people dying, but the scenes are just so epic or memorable and I am so pumped up to be there again. Halo 3 is my main game for nostalgic/epic-induced emotional outbursts. I don't like full-out cry on the treadmill though, but there's times where I am drenched in sweat, totally immersed in the universe I love so much, and the music is blaring and I have chills and get choked up.

One of my most slow-burn attachments to a character was Ezio from Assassin's Creed II and the two expansions to that game, and then the little movie that showed the events after the second expansion. I got very attached to him.

Assassin's Creed 1 is actually the reason I started running on the treadmill, even though I never actually played it on the treadmill. I had been playing AC a lot that December and running a lot in the game, and I also had a treadmill down here that wasn't being used. So after a couple weeks of playing AC and just seeing all that running, I decided to get myself running, since at that time I was 250-255 pounds. I've been down to 200 since then, even 198 or so, thanks to running. I now hover around 225 would would be perfect for me if that 25 pounds was more muscle than fat and flab, but I'm looking for Xbox Fitness to finally get me lifting. My legs and stuff are super strong, but I have little to no upper body muscle. I'm hoping that having easy access to P90X stuff and having it integrated with the Xbox brand is what will finally motivate me to do exercises involving the free-weights I have.

I know two brothers who were very overweight and both of them transformed their bodies and their personalities via P90X. Drastic changes in the span of a few months. Like over 100 pounds right before my eyes, at least.
Always wanted to do P90x, but the DVD version is kinda pricey.

Always wanted to do P90x, but the DVD version is kinda pricey.
Well there's always ways around that, and I could have borrowed my friend's discs, but I just knew I wouldn't do it. If it's not biking outside, I need the Xbox there to keep me motivated. That's why Xbox Fitness is basically my dream come true and I will certainly be paying for it after the first free year if it's even half of what I'm imagining it is.

Everyone complains in 2 seconds when PS4 gets brought up but not NSA off topic lol. At PS4 is video game related
Can't all be about P90X.

Just saying if Xbox be gonna monitoring live chats to a certain extent, one never knows what the next step is from there. Something to think about is all.

So, good news, Xbox One is DLNA compatible, plays audio cd's, and can stream mp3's from your pc/phone. 

By the way, if you didn't watch the battlefield 4 matches I linked to at the top of the page, you should check em out. Awesome footage on xbox one.

iB1viGlozxCOe.gif

So, good news, Xbox One is DLNA compatible, plays audio cd's, and can stream mp3's from your pc/phone.

By the way, if you didn't watch the battlefield 4 matches I linked to at the top of the page, you should check em out. Awesome footage on xbox one.
That's good to hear cause Sony won't be doing it, although I think I saw somewhere they might go the DLNA route via a patch later.

That's good to hear cause Sony won't be doing it, although I think I saw somewhere they might go the DLNA route via a patch later.
They already said they will be patching in DLNA and MP3 support in the first post launch patch. Not the patch out on launch day.

Watched it for a second just to see how good it was, but damn the jaggies were pretty bad, and things like the trees looked bad also, like last gen trees plopped in a next gen game.

Can't all be about P90X.

Just saying if Xbox be gonna monitoring live chats to a certain extent, one never knows what the next step is from there. Something to think about is all.
At least P90X is on Xbox. LOL

They're already going to fix that on the next patch.

They already said they will be patching in DLNA and MP3 support in the first post launch patch. Not the patch out on launch day.
Actually thats just a rumor, it has not been confirmed by sony that this is actually happening so until it is actually confirmed I wouldnt go shouting out things that arent true.

Actually thats just a rumor, it has not been confirmed by sony that this is actually happening so until it is actually confirmed I wouldnt go shouting out things that arent true.
Yeah we should probably just run with the fact that it'll never be patched in so the Xbox One has at least 1 positive feature over it's vastly superior competition. :wall:

I'm the odd duck because I play with the kids and would like to play Zoo Tycoon and the Kinect Wave racing.

You're not the only one =) Zoo Tycoon is the only launch game I'm buying and I'm really glad that they will have the Kinect Sports demo to download. I was really bummed when they decided to delay it.

Didn't take long for PS4 discussion again...
Yeah apparently it's the only forbidden topic in this thread, college degrees, crying over games, NSA, gushing over features, ignoring xbone negatives, all of that is just fine, but talk about the console that shall not be named and you fanboys go running to the mods. You want this thread to stay on topic then it should be preorder talk only, otherwise shut dafuq up.

Yeah apparently it's the only forbidden topic in this thread, college degrees, crying over games, NSA, gushing over features, ignoring xbone negatives, all of that is just fine, but talk about the console that shall not be named and you fanboys go running to the mods. You want this thread to stay on topic then it should be preorder talk only, otherwise shut dafuq up.
It's about a sense of community and getting along while we wait. This is something the angry, bitter Sony trolls have no sense of, since they thrive on making inflammatory posts that only incite anger and negativity.

It's about a sense of community and getting along while we wait. This is something the angry, bitter Sony trolls have no sense of, since they thrive on making inflammatory posts that only incite anger and negativity.
It's not the fault of the "trolls" that the mere mention of Sony and the PS4 insight these feelings in you. You should be blaming Microsoft for that, if they were launching a proper console, these "trolls" would have no argument to stand on.

I hope a few of us become friends on XBL.  It'll be cool to have people on my friend's list from this thread, which is basically the only place I talk Xbox One with people.  I still have people on my friends list who I won the Every10Minutes.com contest with back before the Xbox 360 launch and that's always been cool.

:eek: just seen that the xbox one tour is in my city for next couple of days looks like i will get my hands on this thing on sunday. only thing is from what i hear you only get to play for like a min or two 

:eek: just seen that the xbox one tour is in my city for next couple of days looks like i will get my hands on this thing on sunday. only thing is from what i hear you only get to play for like a min or two
At the Test Drive I went to I could have easily played for 10-15 minutes, as others were. I only did for like 30 seconds though cause I didn't want to spoil my first real experience with it, but wanted just a little taste. :3

At the Test Drive I went to I could have easily played for 10-15 minutes, as others were. I only did for like 30 seconds though cause I didn't want to spoil my first real experience with it, but wanted just a little taste. :3
tumblr_m650qwKne51r7cs8z.gif

Did you get some free stuff at least?

For the Xbox 360 launch I avoided even SEEING the system or controller in real life until it arrived to my home.  I would avert my eyes when at a store with a kiosk (which is rare anyway, but I had a couple close calls).  I loved looking at pictures online, but didn't want to see it IRL.  When I went to the Test Drive I did take a couple pictures of the case, but I was so excited that I don't even remember looking at it with my own eyes when I was right next to it.

There was no free stuff given away at any of the Test Drive events, that was just for the Area One events that had all the games and stuff.  I was prepared for that cause I had asked that same question to others who had attended these and expected nothing.  That's why I got some good pictures and video out of it that I'll always treasure.

what games do they have at the test drive events. im hoping it's madden seeing they are here for packer/bears game monday but doudt it im sure it's like first party titles.

Killer Instinct, FIFA, and Forza.

I can't express how bad of a choice FIFA is.  Like...wtf.  Why not that basketball game with the crazy awesome graphics?  A soccer game isn't really a pick-up and play game or short-term game either.  Should've had Forza, Killer Instinct, and that level of DR3 that was played at E3.

Killer Instinct, FIFA, and Forza.

I can't express how bad of a choice FIFA is. Like...wtf. Why not that basketball game with the crazy awesome graphics? A soccer game isn't really a pick-up and play game or short-term game either. Should've had Forza, Killer Instinct, and that level of DR3 that was played at E3.
Whats wrong with FIFA?

2K has stated they will not do Demos of NBA 2K14.

I'm not saying FIFA is a bad game, it's just not the kind of game you have for a quick demo.  It doesn't show off something flashy and exciting, which is what should be the goal here when people are walking by the truck in a mall, parking lot, or college campus.

I'm not saying FIFA is a bad game, it's just not the kind of game you have for a quick demo. It doesn't show off something flashy and exciting, which is what should be the goal here when people are walking by the truck in a mall, parking lot, or college campus.
Fifa is as bad as PGA Tour, in terms of excitement.

Hey guys for those who preordered from Amazon is two day shipping $7.98? Just curious cause I chose the free shipping and my day one edition isn't scheduled to arive until Dec 2nd-3rd. If so ill probably just pay the $8 for release day shipping

Hey guys for those who preordered from Amazon is two day shipping $7.98? Just curious cause I chose the free shipping and my day one edition isn't scheduled to arive until Dec 2nd-3rd. If so ill probably just pay the $8 for release day shipping

There has been a glitch with the pre-order deals but I don't know if it could also be happening with other items.

Somebody tinkered with the shipping and it came out free.

As it should.

I have a guy in one of my classes who is looking to get a Xbox One right away but doesn't have it pre-ordered.  Thanks for the information.

As far as I know Gamestop still has their launch day preorders open as well (Standard Edition but is guaranteed at launch). Just needs a hundred down. Probably won't last much longer

bread's done
Back