Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Looks like amazon has the Day one edition in stock again? anyone know if they charge anythign now? also do they accept paypal?
Amazon doesn't take Paypal, and you aren't charged until it ships.
No paypal eh? guess i cant order there. =/ I just noticed they changed there extented warranty to only 2 year plan which i believe means only 2 years total including the 1 year from ms? I really like to order from newegg but they have no extended wraranty. Walmart has a nice warranty but i have no idea how you add it when checking out, if you manually add it, im pretty sure it will charge the warranty now and start its coverage now.

Day-one preorder are back at Amazon. Looks like people are canceling it...

I might be in the same boat soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like amazon has the Day one edition in stock again? anyone know if they charge anythign now? also do they accept paypal?
No paypal eh? guess i cant order there. =/ I just noticed they changed there extented warranty to only 2 year plan which i believe means only 2 years total including the 1 year from ms? I really like to order from newegg but they have no extended wraranty. Walmart has a nice warranty but i have no idea how you add it when checking out, if you manually add it, im pretty sure it will charge the warranty now and start its coverage now.
Why can't you order from them if they don't take PayPal?

You can withdraw PayPal to your bank account.....you can also get a free PayPal card that you can use.

More Day-Ones from Amazon. Just preordered one. Hopefully Gamestop by me gets more, but I'll keep the Amazon one just in case. Will these get release date delivery?

I've got a $45 reward cretificate at Best Buy that expires in August.  Can I apply it to this preorder even though it doesn't release till November?  Just don't want to waste a $45 certificate but I really don't thin I'm buying much before it would expire.

I've got a $45 reward cretificate at Best Buy that expires in August. Can I apply it to this preorder even though it doesn't release till November? Just don't want to waste a $45 certificate but I really don't thin I'm buying much before it would expire.
I believe those certificates are treated somewhat like cash, so I would think you can.

Just pre-ordered one at Amazon.  Hopefully, they get release date delivery sometime soon so I can change it to that.

You can withdraw PayPal to your bank account.....you can also get a free PayPal card that you can use.
Ive used th Paypal debit card before but its failed before. Dont really wanna chance using it and it not work when it releases >.<

Ive used th Paypal debit card before but its failed before. Dont really wanna chance using it and it not work when it releases >.<
I have been using my Paypal Debit card on Amazon since I got it years ago with no issues.

Ive used th Paypal debit card before but its failed before. Dont really wanna chance using it and it not work when it releases >.

So this is weird Xbox Day one edition is in stock again at Amazon.com   So I placed a preorder.  It says Dec 4 rather than Nov 30. 

Day One Editions are back in stock. I was not going to preorder the standard edition (since it has no release date guarantees), but ended up putting in the preorder for the Day One Edition. Not sure why they just did not upgrade some the standards. Very odd.

Is there a way to add Amazon credit to your payment method after an order is placed? I am sure I will be trading in a few games between now and release and would not mind just applying it to the order.

I've got a $45 reward cretificate at Best Buy that expires in August. Can I apply it to this preorder even though it doesn't release till November? Just don't want to waste a $45 certificate but I really don't thin I'm buying much before it would expire.
I believe those certificates are treated somewhat like cash, so I would think you can.
I just issues $485 in rewards certs this morning and it didnt seem to want to apply them to the preorder for whatever reason they dont seem to apply...idk if anyone else has been experiencing a similar issue...they dont expire till jan for me. (because silver prehaps?) also shows delivery date of like 12/31/13...is that a place holder or an actual date due to orders?

Thanks!

Looks like the Day One Edition is the only one available on Amazon right now. Guess they got an updated inventory count from Microsoft. Would be interesting to see if all "standard" edition preorders were automatically changed to Day One editions.

Is there a way to add Amazon credit to your payment method after an order is placed? I am sure I will be trading in a few games between now and release and would not mind just applying it to the order.
If you go to your order details, it will list any credits you have on your account and it will give you the ability to apply them to your order.

If you go to your order details, it will list any credits you have on your account and it will give you the ability to apply them to your order.
Thanks. I am on my phone and it was not showing the option to add it so I thought I was missing something. Coincidentally, I just had a trade-in confirmed and I was able to add it to my preorder.

Thanks. I am on my phone and it was not showing the option to add it so I thought I was missing something. Coincidentally, I just had a trade-in confirmed and I was able to add it to my preorder.
Had the same question. Ended up contacting CS. Said you can apply it after.

Order Xbox One Day One through my Xbox360 dashboard. Cant get any easier..... Oh yea, and I got a achievement "xbox one preorder" !!

Ordered a One at gamestop now that they had more available. I'll keep my bestbuy preorder as well, will probably just cancel and get my $25 back there if the need hits me.

Got my pre order in at Amazon on Monday. I am really excited for the Xbox One and new games coming. I will most likely be getting a total of 3, not sure if I will pre order the other 2 or not.

Can't wait to get rid of disc and be able to share and play games with my kids without having to buy 3 copies of the game.

Went ahead and locked in a Day One at Amazon to go with the PS4 I pre-ordered yesterday. I do want both consoles but I'm not sure if I can afford to spend $900 in a short time frame. Have some saving to do or a decision to make over the next several months. :D

I got one at Amazon the other day.  After I saw the PS4 news, I thought about canceling for a moment, but decided I don't care.

I've got a PS4 preorder too.  

Yup u are good to go on the reward certificate because I just used 640 on my xbone and ps4 pre order.

Sorry :X Begone trolls!

Amazon has Day One Editions still in stock, but Standard Editions sold out. Probably a good idea to check your order and if you have a standard edition cancel it for the day one.

I pre-ordred mine from Best Buy as I always get the protection plan for launch hardware. It wound up saving my a*s with the 360. From all the nightmare posts I read on misc forums, most people had to send their 360 back to MS, on their own dime, and it took at least 6-8 weeks to get it back. I walked in to Best Buy with my broken console and walked out with a brand new one 5 minutes later, no questions asked. On top of that, I actually got a 100 dollar refund due to the price drop that had occured. All in all I got a new 360, 2 new games and another protection contract for my replacment console and it only cost me $15.00. I could'n't imagine buying a new console without the protection plan. It did wind up costing me an extra $30.00 in sales tax but oh well. Its just not tht big of a deal. Its worth the peace of mind!

Have decided to buy a 2nd console out of the gate for my cottage as I am up there just as much, if not more, than my home. I think I am going to go in store and pre-order it  for the $25.00 down. I wasn't aware of Best Buy's policy in regards to pre-ordering consoles.

I pre-ordred mine from Best Buy as I always get the protection plan for launch hardware. It wound up saving my a*s with the 360. From all the nightmare posts I read on misc forums, most people had to send their 360 back to MS, on their own dime, and it took at least 6-8 weeks to get it back. I walked in to Best Buy with my broken console and walked out with a brand new one 5 minutes later, no questions asked. On top of that, I actually got a 100 dollar refund due to the price drop that had occured. All in all I got a new 360, 2 new games and another protection contract for my replacment console and it only cost me $15.00. I could'n't imagine buying a new console without the protection plan. It did wind up costing me an extra $30.00 in sales tax but oh well. Its just not tht big of a deal. Its worth the peace of mind!

Have decided to buy a 2nd console out of the gate for my cottage as I am up there just as much, if not more, than my home. I think I am going to go in store and pre-order it for the $25.00 down. I wasn't aware of Best Buy's policy in regards to pre-ordering consoles.
Im not sure you know this but after the 360 problems they later changed there warranty program. You no longer get a new system off the shelf like that, instead you mail the console only to there 3rd party warranty center. They will send you a diffrent repaired refurbished console as a replacement. (one I got was in horrible shape) If after like 2-3 repair/replacment attempt you still have issues they then will give you a gift card to buy a new one. Its no where near as good as it use to be, also there warrantys are much more pricey now. Walmart actually has the best warranty, there plan work the exact same as best buys but for half the price. Sadly i dont think you can pre order at walmart stores, and there online warranty purchasing is pretty confusing.

i made my pre order on amazon, i live in colombia and gues what? my country is not supported for xbox one...i ask @CheapyD for a good VPN service...but this is just LAME!! wtf microsoft??

Did anyone get to choose release date deilivery? Also, was Dead Rising 3 ever available to pre-order from Amazon? Not seeing it at all now.
When I grabbed the last preorder at a gamestop today (evidently the last available in the buffalo NY area), the guy there said he was told there are unsure if dead rising 3 will be ready for launch. I am totally unsure if he is a reliable source or not. You can still preorder dead rising on gamestop.com including having it bundled.

right now I preordered from MS, amazon and the local GS. Will definitely keep the GS one so I can get it the release day along with COD ghosts. Unsure what to do with the other 2. A family member is thinking about taking it for cost. Or may try to resell who knows.

To answer your other question, amazon did not update their shipping times to include release date delivery. This can always be added later closer to the date by chat. Never cancel and reorder to get this added, they can do it by chat as long as you give them some time before it ships.

I was able to pre-order the Day One at Amazon today.  I already pre-ordered the PS4 two days ago, which for many reasons is my preferred console.  I did it just to keep my options open in case I actually like something I see hands on at PAX Prime.  Not sure I will keep the order.

But there's no way the Xbox One will be my main next gen console like 360 was... it will be an exclusives machine like my Wii U.

And with no renting, they'd BETTER have day 1 demos of EVERY retail game!

I agree with io, just because I have the order placed doesn't mean I'm keeping it. I just want to get one in before I can't in case I do decide to get one since I don't want to deal with running all over town to find one.
Exactly, it's as if people haven't been around for a console launch before.

If BB is only 25$ to pre-order, I might put one there as well. After my bs WiiU incident, I'm pretty inclined against buying any systems at Gamestop with their crappy warranty/coverage.
Toys R Us in-store is only $20 on each, but the stores WERE very limited. From what I understand, every store except times square only preordered 3 Ones and 5 PS4s, with TS being like 5 and 7. I preordered both there, despite already having one of each on amazon, because amazon has not failed to fuck up a gaming system release yet. I just don't trust them on this.

Pre-ordered on Amazon right after the Microsoft press conference at E3. I choose next day shipping, but I wish there was a release date shipping option. Wonder if there will be one? I've never ordered a console through Amazon before.

Did anyone get to choose release date deilivery? Also, was Dead Rising 3 ever available to pre-order from Amazon? Not seeing it at all now.
When I grabbed the last preorder at a gamestop today (evidently the last available in the buffalo NY area), the guy there said he was told there are unsure if dead rising 3 will be ready for launch. I am totally unsure if he is a reliable source or not. You can still preorder dead rising on gamestop.com including having it bundled.

right now I preordered from MS, amazon and the local GS. Will definitely keep the GS one so I can get it the release day along with COD ghosts. Unsure what to do with the other 2. A family member is thinking about taking it for cost. Or may try to resell who knows.

To answer your other question, amazon did not update their shipping times to include release date delivery. This can always be added later closer to the date by chat. Never cancel and reorder to get this added, they can do it by chat as long as you give them some time before it ships.

Yeahs that's what I'm doing, even though I didn't get a launch console, I'll just ask CS to hook me up :)

Thanks for the preorder info, OP. I'm debating a preorder but afraid I will not get it day one. So I may risk camping out somewhere and getting an Xbox One. Or maybe I'll do both. Damn OCD about getting one on the first day.

Seeing as how Best Buy changed their warranty polices so that you can't just walk in the store anymore and get a new console off the shelf, where is the best place to get warranty now? I pre-ordered both consoles via Amazon, but decided to not get their warranty just yet because I haven't read up on it. Help please.

Pre-ordered on Amazon right after the Microsoft press conference at E3. I choose next day shipping, but I wish there was a release date shipping option. Wonder if there will be one? I've never ordered a console through Amazon before.
There's no release date shipping option because the release date isnt known yet. After the announcement they will most likely automatically switch prime members over and email others to let them know they can do the same.

bread's done
Back