Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Got one preordered at GameStop. Just the system and controller. The guy there made me laugh. He said they might be short on games, and I may want to preorder some games too. Then I reminded him of the " every title available digitally on release day" fact. $100 down, and 5 months to get my cash ready for the launch.

Anyone actually know how much PS4 preorder will be at GameStop?  Rumors of multiple versions so not sure if preorders will vary in pricing?  Hoping to put down the same $100 as I did for Xbox One.

I've seen a couple of people say things like, "I preordered on Amazon and also (insert retailer here) as a back-up." Is there a concern about not getting your preorder on time from amazon or not being on a first shipment?

Pre-orders for the Xbox One kicked off immediately after the Microsoft's E3 press conference on Monday. Demand for the next-gen console has apparently been brisk as Amazon revealed it has almost sold out of its allotment.
"What a day!We are thrilled by the unbelievable demand we saw for Xbox One. In the first six hours of pre-order availability, we've sold through most of our Xbox One inventory," a store representative wrote on the Amazon Video Games Facebook page. Not only that but the console quickly shot to to the top of Amazon video game sales chart.  
Part of the demand for Xbox One pre-orders is the Day 1 Commemorative Edition that comes with system that comes in premium black packaging with a limited edition Xbox One Day One wireless controller, as well as a unique commemorative Day One Achievement.
If Amazon happens to run out of Xbox Ones to pre-order, it also available to pre-order at Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart and the Microsoft Store.  The Xbox One is set to release some time this November at a $499.99 price. An exact release date has not been announced but those interested can guarantee a release before Thanksgiving..

Got one preordered at GameStop. Just the system and controller. The guy there made me laugh. He said they might be short on games, and I may want to preorder some games too. Then I reminded him of the " every title available digitally on release day" fact. $100 down, and 5 months to get my cash ready for the launch.
There used to be this guy at my GS who told every customer that came through the door that the "really" needed to preorder X game because that one was going to be "sold out everywhere"...and preordering now was the only way to guarantee a copy. Seriously, the guy would have told someone that the victoria justice game would be sold out. It was shameless.

I bit at Best Buy. Might cancel/not pick it up depending on how things look going forward. If I keep it, the NSA is going to get some very salacious footage.

Keeping my preorders for both consoles for the moment. I like to see what each side has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
STL GS locations sold out of XB1 Day One preorders in 5 hours (1:30-6:30 pm.) If you want to preorder in store then you better be there before open tomorrow morning. Many stores are opening an hour early at 9 am because of anticipated demand.

OT, but you can buy PSN credits and PSN+ time via cards so you don't have to put CC info into your PS3.
Yeah, I know. It was more of the principle though. Sony just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I'm considering The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls; only because they're Sony exclusives. Otherwise, multi platform titles are strictly Microsoft purchases for me.

STL GS locations sold out of XB1 Day One preorders in 5 hours (1:30-6:30 pm.) If you want to preorder in store then you better be there before open tomorrow morning. Many stores are opening an hour early at 9 am because of anticipated demand.
Any idea if this is for all stores? Or just some.

I placed a preorder yesterday and today it says it's backordered through the MS website.

The best buy website also says delivery for December 31.

Anyone else get shafted?

I was just checking on the amazon website and realized that they now have the day one edition as a separate item. Does anyone know how this will effect those of us who preordered early? Are we going to get screwed over and sent a normal edition.

I placed a preorder yesterday and today it says it's backordered through the MS website.

The best buy website also says delivery for December 31.

Anyone else get shafted?I
It's a placeholder, everybody knows it's coming out in Mid November before Black Friday. Plus. UPS does not deliver NYE. People would be waiting until January 2 at the earliest to get the system, if it can out that day.

When you preorder something from best buy them do a test charge every couple weeks to make sure the card is good. So does that mean I'll have $500 tied up on my debit card every few weeks too? I hope not.

When you preorder something from best buy them do a test charge every couple weeks to make sure the card is good. So does that mean I'll have $500 tied up on my debit card every few weeks too? I hope not.
Yes, that's exactly what they do. I specifically chose not do go the BestBuy.com route because of this, and went in store, dropped $25 instead. Maybe you can call the support line to have the card changed?

I got the full charge on my credit card. Hopefully, its just a pending transaction. Yeah, I wouldn't do it on a debit card.

Well amazon has the Xbone uo again, except its not the Day One Edition, just standard edition. Weird

I was just checking on the amazon website and realized that they now have the day one edition as a separate item. Does anyone know how this will effect those of us who preordered early? Are we going to get screwed over and sent a normal edition.
I was wondering the same thing. I'm sure they wouldn't screw over the people who ordered immediately. You'll notice your order doesn't say "Standard Edition" either.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm sure they wouldn't screw over the people who ordered immediately. You'll notice your order doesn't say "Standard Edition" either.
Looks like it'll have different skus. Reading the description it has premium packaging and a decal. Thankfully, I got one off Amazon. Its going be ridiculous now since the brick and motar stores are going to have them mixed it. FCFS, I guess.

Also the Standard Editions have a ship date of December 31 but the Day One Editions show December 4
It's showing a 12/4 date, but no designator. Just "Xbox One Console". No Day One or Standard Edition. That's the way it was posted at first on Amazon. They made the distinction later. I'm sure it's fine.

GS is a joke. I like how when Microsoft originally announced the Xbox One, GS wanted you to sign up when it became available for preorder and I have yet to receive my email. Now I check their website and they've got bundles listed for MSRP. What's the point of the bundle then, other than to charge you full price for the game? You can't buy just the system. I think when the Wii U came out last year, it seemed like every store was having a B2G1 sale. Hoping the same thing happens this year.

Yes, that's exactly what they do. I specifically chose not do go the BestBuy.com route because of this, and went in store, dropped $25 instead. Maybe you can call the support line to have the card changed?
yeah, I'll call and change it to a credit card, I don't need $900 in cash tied up for 7 months.

Amazon is sold out of the Day One Editions. Also, a way to tell which one you ordered is to move the selector between "standard" and "day one". Whichever has a yellow banner on top saying you purchased it is the version that you'll be receiving.

Question about newegg pre orders....  has anyone figured out how you add a extented warranty?   Im for sure not buying one of these systems without a 3 year warranty.

How did Amazon sell out of the Day One Editions that quickly? 

My question is, if you pre-order at Gamestop, when the time comes for you to pick it up, do you have to get it at the specific Gamestop you pre-ordered at?  I am assuming so since quantites are very limited for consoles.  I won't be able to get it at my local Gamestop. I'm hoping Amazon gets the Day One Editions back in stock.

How did Amazon sell out of the Day One Editions that quickly?

My question is, if you pre-order at Gamestop, when the time comes for you to pick it up, do you have to get it at the specific Gamestop you pre-ordered at? I am assuming so since quantites are very limited for consoles. I won't be able to get it at my local Gamestop. I'm hoping Amazon gets the Day One Editions back in stock.
Was extremely popular? It's the fastest preorder console on record with Amazon and a few other sites.

As to the Gamestop question, you have to pick it up at the store you ordered it from. Might want to check however, since all the Gamestop's around me are already full up on preorders. The only thing left you can preorder is the PS4 atm.

bread's done
Back