Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Walmart always turns into a hellhole on console releases. Best Buy is somewhat notorious for either randomly cancelling your order, putting you into backorder oblivion, or selling your order to someone else.

I have never had any problem with Amazon on an order I got in early, and despite the hate, Gamestop is pretty good and fulfilling pre-orders.

amazon and gamestop preorders for me...if I change my mind then no sweat..really waiting on sony atm..100 down and the rest to build up for all the games coming.. I love this site!

Was anyone able to do Best Buy in store pickup? Its showing as not available at all stores within 100 miles. surely they didn't sell out that fast.

Probably havent enabled Instore Pickup yet, that or they got too many too fast and stopped it. More than likely just havent added the option, its still a LONG time before release

Free year of Live + other bonuses with Day One Edition:

Microsoft Studios unveiled plans to launch the Xbox One console this November at their Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) press conference earlier this evening, and since have gone on to flesh out the details of their rumoured ‘Day One Edition.’ Gamers who purchase a launch system will not only receive special packaging, but other exclusive features including a twelve month Xbox Live Gold membership.

The Xbox One will launch in twenty one markets around the world in November 2013, and every Xbox One system sold will include the new Xbox One console – which features a 500GB hard drive, Blu-ray player and built-in Wi-Fi – the new Kinect, one Xbox One Wireless Controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold for new members. The Xbox One launch
xboxone_dayonepackage.jpg
bundle will be available for $499.99 in the U.S., £429 (GBP) in the U.K. and €499 (EUR) in European markets. To celebrate the launch of Xbox One, Microsoft is also introducing a limited-edition commemorative bundle to fans who reserve the system at major retailers, available in limited quantities, while supplies last, at no extra cost.

Reserving the commemorative bundle will guarantee that you’ll be able to purchase the new system on day one. Each commemorative bundle will include an Xbox One system that comes in premium black packaging with a limited edition Xbox One Day One wireless controller, as well as a unique commemorative Day One Achievement.

Gamers who reserve the following exclusive Xbox One Day One edition launch titles, available in limited quantities at major retailers while supplies last, will receive special bonus content:

“Ryse: Son of Rome.” Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.

“Forza Motorsport 5.” Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.

“Kinect Sports Rivals.” Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.

“Dead Rising 3.” Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.

For a limited time gamers can also get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play Killer Instinct: Round One, with the exclusive Shadow Jago character, on Xbox One. Players will also receive a commemorative Day One membership card.

Free year of Live + other bonuses with Day One Edition:

Microsoft Studios unveiled plans to launch the Xbox One console this November at their Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) press conference earlier this evening, and since have gone on to flesh out the details of their rumoured ‘Day One Edition.’ Gamers who purchase a launch system will not only receive special packaging, but other exclusive features including a twelve month Xbox Live Gold membership.

The Xbox One will launch in twenty one markets around the world in November 2013, and every Xbox One system sold will include the new Xbox One console – which features a 500GB hard drive, Blu-ray player and built-in Wi-Fi – the new Kinect, one Xbox One Wireless Controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold for new members. The Xbox One launch
xboxone_dayonepackage.jpg
bundle will be available for $499.99 in the U.S., £429 (GBP) in the U.K. and €499 (EUR) in European markets. To celebrate the launch of Xbox One, Microsoft is also introducing a limited-edition commemorative bundle to fans who reserve the system at major retailers, available in limited quantities, while supplies last, at no extra cost.
Reserving the commemorative bundle will guarantee that you’ll be able to purchase the new system on day one. Each commemorative bundle will include an Xbox One system that comes in premium black packaging with a limited edition Xbox One Day One wireless controller, as well as a unique commemorative Day One Achievement.
Gamers who reserve the following exclusive Xbox One Day One edition launch titles, available in limited quantities at major retailers while supplies last, will receive special bonus content:

“Ryse: Son of Rome.” Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
“Forza Motorsport 5.” Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
“Kinect Sports Rivals.” Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
“Dead Rising 3.” Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.

For a limited time gamers can also get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play Killer Instinct: Round One, with the exclusive Shadow Jago character, on Xbox One. Players will also receive a commemorative Day One membership card.

Waits for "I ordered on the first day and they sent me the standard not the day one edition!" inevitable fuckup by places like Target and Walmart.

Got an amazon prime trial while I was at it, hope there was any excruciating fine print... A PS4 is still very preferable in my mind, I'll have to preorder that one a couple times.

How does Amazon handle Pre Orders on systems? If i locked a Pre order in should I assume I will be getting one launch day? I have never bought a system at launch from Amazon.

As with any launch, just preorder one. No reason not to, unless you are that forgetful to cancel it later on.

I wonder what limits retailers will put on preorders.

I really hope there aren't supply issues this time around, its always depressing seeing resellers hit as hard as they do this time of year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the bonus year of Xbox Live Gold. That should really be included with every console.

If it included a free Xbox One game of your choice with the console, that's all I would need to convince me. I hope Best Buy or Amazon offers that. It would be a great Black Friday deal

If you ordered from Amazon earlier you might want to order again. I noticed the Amazon listing has it has changed the wording to "Xbox One Console - Day One Edition", but when I ordered it didn't mention anything about the Day Edition in my order history. To be on the safe side it would be best to have your order listed as the Day Edition. Who knows, they might just send you the regular edition, if doesn't mention the "Day One Edition" on your order. You can cancel and order again.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVK0/

did a pre order with amazon earlier.

when i see the playstation conference later i will pre order that and decide later in the year which to get.

If you ordered from Amazon earlier you might want to order again. I noticed the Amazon listing has it has changed the wording to "Xbox One Console - Day One Edition", but when I ordered it didn't mention anything about the Day Edition in my order history. To be on the safe side it would be best to have your order listed as the Day Edition. Who knows, they might just send you the regular edition, if doesn't mention the "Day One Edition" on your order. You can cancel and order again.

Wouldnt allow me to purchase a second to fix this, but when I go to that page it says purchased on June 10, 2013.

i dont think you have to do that. generally they will update the title of your order a little later. like when i preordered project x zone it didnt say limited edition, they changed the title to include it and then later on it was changed on my order

I wouldn't cancel and re-order if I were you. Ordering day one within a few hours of the post going up should be more than enough proof. Much better than that risking getting pushed WAAAAY down the queue behind all the hoarders and flippers.

Thanks - reordered just in case. Though I'm sure it would've been ok.

Did you pre-order it again? When I go to my order page, it just says Xbox One Console. When I click on that link it brings me to

Xbox One Console - Day One Edition

I also went ahead and pre-ordered the Xbox One with Amazon.  Hopefully I will not regret it later :0 

Has anyone tried reserving in-store at Gamestop yet?  I'd prefer picking up in person at midnight launch versus waiting for the UPS guy to get here.  I read a post elsewhere stating Gamestops were planning on opening early Tuesday to take Xbox One and PS4 pre-orders, but couldn't find confirmation anywhere else. 

As with any launch, just preorder one. No reason not to, unless you are that forgetful to cancel it later on.

I wonder what limits retailers will put on preorders.

I really hope there aren't supply issues this time around, its always depressing seeing resellers hit as hard as they do this time of year.
My thought process. No risk type deal, especially with Amazon.

Yeah my GS called and told me it's $100 down in-store and they only have enough to cover the first ten preorders. I might be more inclined to do that then order from BB, Walmart, TRU, etc. who well at the very least put a pending hold at the time of order (and depending on the retailer ping your account weekly until the item ships)

Went into my local BestBuy and preordered in-store with a minimum of $25 down.  It wasn't in the system but I gave the girl the SKU and it came up.

Has anyone tried reserving in-store at Gamestop yet? I'd prefer picking up in person at midnight launch versus waiting for the UPS guy to get here. I read a post elsewhere stating Gamestops were planning on opening early Tuesday to take Xbox One and PS4 pre-orders, but couldn't find confirmation anywhere else.
Just got back from doing a pre-order in store. $100 down, the store I went to was limited to 8.

SKU #020385

If BB is only 25$ to pre-order, I might put one there as well. After my bs WiiU incident, I'm pretty inclined against buying any systems at Gamestop with their crappy warranty/coverage.

Does Amazon put a pending hold on the credit card? My Gamestop claims if i cancel the preorder i'll lose the $100. Is that true?

I will hold off on preordering until I see which retailer has a better deal. I hope Best Buy does something with its Reward Zone

Does Amazon put a pending hold on the credit card? My Gamestop claims if i cancel the preorder i'll lose the $100. Is that true?
no, it gets refunded back to you. not sure why he or she would say that.

and amazon only charges at time of shipping, no hold

lol @ losing the $100. That's illegal. They can't do that.

Employee should be fired for saying that. I'd report them to corporate.

bread's done
Back