Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Any word on in-store preorders for Best Buy and GameStop? Got one at Amazon but I wanna do it at all three just in case..
Just came back from pre-ordering at Best Buy...as always, the reps were clueless, told me "No", but once I showed them the SKU from the website they attempted and I got in. First pre-order at my store!

$25 pre-order deposit.

First at my Gamestop for the pre-order.  I put about $120 down.  Also have one-preordered at Amazon from earlier as a backup.  Might keep the Amazon one just in case they're in short supply.

Will probably be going back later tonight or early tomorrow for the PS4, then I can relax for a few months.

Just chatted with an Amazon rep to confirm. Even if your order doesnt say Day One, it still shows up as Day One on their end, it'll likely just change over later like others have said happened to different games that received upgrades

My order on amazon doesn't specifically say it is the Day One edition, I believe they just added in that bit later or maybe I had to select 1 day shipping for that?

My Gamestop is only taking 15 Xbox One preorders. The Gamestops around that one are only taking 10.
Interesting - I will probably miss out on this, then, since I won't be going there until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. Hopefully I can still get a PS4 preorder in at that time. I really don't think there is a need to preorder either of these, especially if you aren't in a hurry to get one ASAP - I can wait.

I got in on this through Amazon. Also went ahead and pre-ordered Madden 25 and NBA Live 2014 since I get free 2 day shipping and save on sales tax.

Does walmart charge when you order?  also i plan to get a warranty,  if you buy wlamart 3 year extra warranty does it start now and charge you now for that?  i ask because the warranty shows up as a seprate item.

Best Buy is being stupid! They want you to pay the entire amount now online or in store. I need to get 2 one for me and one for my husband, over $1,000 tied up for over 4 months is ridiculous! I talked to corporate and said others were getting to pre-order for $25 down in store and they said the others were lying! I can't go to the store until tomorrow and if I miss out on the Day One Console because of this, argh!

I went into the store and gave a cashier the sku for the Xbox one as it isn't in the touchscreen kiosk yet (if it ever goes there) and they said they couldn't pull it up for me to put $25 down so I'm not sure how others reportedly were able to do that... unless they have a different preorder sku

thoughts?

Best Buy is being stupid! They want you to pay the entire amount now online or in store. I need to get 2 one for me and one for my husband, over $1,000 tied up for over 4 months is ridiculous! I talked to corporate and said others were getting to pre-order for $25 down in store and they said the others were lying! I can't go to the store until tomorrow and if I miss out on the Day One Console because of this, argh!
Sorry to hear that

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy needs the money so that doesnt shock me. Also remember that a lot of people will pre-order now and as time goes on, the list will grow shorter. 

I would like to just go to a place and pick mine up on day one but we will see what options are there.

Sheesh, a bit of sticker shock when I went into GS to preorder. $100 to preorder? Crazy. Not even sure if I am gonna pick it up, but I wanted to secure it just because.

Just walked out of best buy in Philadelphia and Pre ordered Xbox one with 25 dollars down. On the receipt they used sku 9008207 and it says TBD Dummy 3 - XBX Hardware (SC 97 and then has the remaing balance.

Thanks to all the people  that let us know that it is possible to pre-order at Best Buy for $25, proving it's not an anomaly. Can't go to the store until tomorrow maybe I'll do an Amazon pre-order and cancel if I get one at Best Buy. That's too many rewards points to ignore. Best Buy corporate actually said it was because of a snafu with the Xbox 360 release, really from 8 years ago! I don't think they know anything at customer chat or at corporate.

I would be VERY wary of placing a Best Buy order and hoping to get a system at launch.  Their pre-order system has been proven to be unreliable and the company is rather incompetent when it comes to special editions, like the Day One package.  Best bet is GS firstly and Amazon as a backup.  I realize $100 down is a lot to front, but keep in mind this is to discourage the flippers and guarantee you get exactly what you want.  People love to hate GS, but from personal experience they have never fucked me over on a reserve.

Ever.

Are there any other brick and mortar locations besides GameStop offering pre-orders ?  For example, I can't go in to Toys R Us, or Best Buy or Target and just preorder there ?

Online is cool and all, but don't want to deal with shipping.

So the GameStop closest to me sold out a lot faster than I had expected.  It was definitely under an hour and I think I heard that had 22.  Got one preordered at the next closest though.  Probably just end up cancelling anyway as I'm nearly positive I'd rather have a PS4 and won't get much use out of the Xbox One.

I pre-ordered through Amazon because they don't charge tax. I might cancel and get a PS4 depending on price and games but I'm keeping my options open for now.

Does anybody know if Killer Instinct is a launch game? The voice in the trailer said coming 2013 to Xbox One but I don't see it for pre-order anywhere.

Funny that I can't even pre-order the console from Microsoft's own store because I was blocked for trying to use the code I got for signing up to be notified about the console.  I see that they still sent me the notification though despite not honoring their end of the bargain...

I wonder which stores by me would have a midnight launch, they're kinda fun to do with consoles and if I do get a One I'd like to do a midnight :p

I wonder which stores by me would have a midnight launch, they're kinda fun to do with consoles and if I do get a One I'd like to do a midnight :p
If by fun, you mean constantly looking over your shoulder and trying to avoid being mugged. Then yes, yes they are

I just did a pre-order through Amazon to be on the safe side. I will probably walk in on launch day and see whats available. Either way I will be getting one since I work in one of the retail stores. I hope it is not like the 360 launch. I went everywhere for that thing. I had to go upstate ny to find it.

Nice!  Titanfall aka Call of Duty: FutureMech looks great.  Titan's have the District 9 Mantis mag gun!

If by fun, you mean constantly looking over your shoulder and trying to avoid being mugged. Then yes, yes they are
Heh, I've gone to a lot of midnight launches around here at Best Buy and GameStop, for both games and systems and have never had/seen anything bad happen. I know it does in certain places, but I should be good, it's just something me and my friends usually do together and hang out playing games afterward

bread's done
Back