Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I went into the store and gave a cashier the sku for the Xbox one as it isn't in the touchscreen kiosk yet (if it ever goes there) and they said they couldn't pull it up for me to put $25 down so I'm not sure how others reportedly were able to do that... unless they have a different preorder sku

thoughts?
Best Buy worked for me. I first went to Toys R Us and even though they could pull up the full system purchase with my SKU, they couldn't figure out how to get a preorder version up.

I wonder which stores by me would have a midnight launch, they're kinda fun to do with consoles and if I do get a One I'd like to do a midnight :p
If by fun, you mean constantly looking over your shoulder and trying to avoid being mugged. Then yes, yes they are
Heh, I've gone to a lot of midnight launches around here at Best Buy and GameStop, for both games and systems and have never had/seen anything bad happen. I know it does in certain places, but I should be good, it's just something me and my friends usually do together and hang out playing games afterward
i could never get away with something like that in my neighborhood(neighbord is not dangerous). Especially carrying a $500 console around at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pre-ordered from Amazon; waiting to see how the PS4 conference goes.  Whichever one gets the next Mass Effect game first gets my money.   ;)

I went by my local Gamestop around 4:30pm EST and they had sold out of preorders (only had 6).  There was no waitlist.  Also went by the electronics dept. at Target and the rep told me due to the Wii U fiasco they experienced, they weren't taking preorders yet.  He told me to check their website in late June/Early July.  It will say when to go in store to preorder (pick up a reserve card?).

So I just got back from Best Buy where I got one for my kids.  Basically for those that are having problems pre-ordering at Best Buy for $25, first you need to have a valid Reward Zone Account (the system won't take it without them) and then, as I learned from the manager on duty, they salesperson has to press F7 from their sales main menu then enter the SKU 9008207 to get the system to only charge you $25 for the pre-order.

Hope it helps you...

Preordered on amazon the minute the link went up today, but also just preordered another from bestbuy.com for instore pickup. I'm guessing it is because the official release date hasn't been announced yet, but I noticed that it said it would be availalbe for pickup 12/31. Did anyone else see a different date, such as 11/30 like on Amazon? Hoping I got a preorder in on time for the first batch on release day.

Forget the release dates on the websites, they're all placeholders until Microsoft announces the official release date.

I put a pre-order in for Amazon, Best Buy, and Toys r us, I figure one of them will get it to me on release day. I can aways cancel the others, but if the Xbox One turns out to be a hot christmas item I put them on ebay and have the 2 extras pay off all 3 that were charged to my my credit card befor the statment even comes in. :twisted:  :whee:

Ehhh, GameStop is only doing 10 orders so I don't think they would do a midnight since they didn't with the Wii U when they had a limited supply, might just do Amazon since I don't have to put any down but it would suck if they take too many orders and mine gets canceled.

How much did they charge your card for after ordering In Store pickup from Bestbuy.com? The full price or the same $25 deposit as actually doing it in store?

How much did they charge your card for after ordering In Store pickup from Bestbuy.com? The full price or the same $25 deposit as actually doing it in store?
They do a pre-authorization for full price every couple weeks and if it fails they cancel your order. If you don't want that issue, buy the Xbox in full with gift cards.

Preordered on amazon the minute the link went up today, but also just preordered another from bestbuy.com for instore pickup. I'm guessing it is because the official release date hasn't been announced yet, but I noticed that it said it would be availalbe for pickup 12/31. Did anyone else see a different date, such as 11/30 like on Amazon? Hoping I got a preorder in on time for the first batch on release day.
I thought pre-order off BestBuy.com - you had to pay in full?

Oh well, what the hell - preordered at Amazon.  Hey, I saved a whopping 3 cents off retail! ($499.96!)

I just unchecked using gift card credit so they didn't deduct all of my ($400 or so) Amazon gift card credit.  But if I do decide to get it there I would definitely want to use that credit so hopefully I can switch payment methods later.

Oh well, what the hell - preordered at Amazon. Hey, I saved a whopping 3 cents off retail! ($499.96!)

I just unchecked using gift card credit so they didn't deduct all of my ($400 or so) Amazon gift card credit. But if I do decide to get it there I would definitely want to use that credit so hopefully I can switch payment methods later.
You can, I do this all the time.

I pre-ordered on bestbuy.com and saw that a hold was placed on my card for the full amount. I have no idea if this will persist until the release date as usagi said, but I'd be upset if they deducted the full amount 5 months before the release date.

I pre-ordered on bestbuy.com and saw that a hold was placed on my card for the full amount. I have no idea if this will persist until the release date as usagi said, but I'd be upset if they deducted the full amount 5 months before the release date.
When I pre-ordered The Last Of Us months ago, they constantly put a hold on my credit card.

When I pre-ordered The Last Of Us months ago, they constantly put a hold on my credit card.
That never happened to me. Though I won't be annoyed by it, it would be kind of a reminder for me to consider cancellation right before release (although I have a spread sheet for that already).

Also, this thread confirms what I always knew: gamer outrage always means jack shit.
I'm preordering just in case things change between now and November. As I hear more about the DRM policies (which are still hazy at the moment) I might just cancel it sooner rather than later. I'd prefer to preorder at Gamestop but I'm just putting the Amazon preorder in as a placeholder in case I can't get one at GS. I will cancel the Amazon one for sure if I can preorder at GS tomorrow (when I go it to preorder the PS4). In any case, it doesn't do Microsoft any good if people place a bunch of preorders and then cancel/return at launch. That looks even worse than them not getting the preorders up front. Look at what happened with the Wii U for example. So if you want to express your rage, it works just as well for the gaming community to "take up" all the preorders and then dump them all back at launch ;).

Speaking of the Wii U, I hope Nintendo comes out the big winner here as I'm sure the PS3 will be $500 also and all of a sudden, the Wii U (with perhaps a further $50 price drop though I'm not even sure they need it at this point) is a decent buy for a lot of people.

Toopoor- I have an open preorder at Best Buy for a much cheaper item and I just checked and it seems like every month they cancel and then renew the hold. If you have the credit limit for it, it isn't a big problem but it would be more annoying on a $500 item for them to do that.

I agree with io, just because I have the order placed doesn't mean I'm keeping it. I just want to get one in before I can't in case I do decide to get one since I don't want to deal with running all over town to find one.

For those looking to get it from Best Buy, if you pre-order online, they charge you the full amount.  If you go into the store, they just charge you $25 (which goes towards the final purchase price).

Toopoor- I have an open preorder at Best Buy for a much cheaper item and I just checked and it seems like every month they cancel and then renew the hold. If you have the credit limit for it, it isn't a big problem but it would be more annoying on a $500 item for them to do that.
Oh, you guys are talking about BBY, sorry, I thought we are still on the subject of Amazon.

My mind is slow today.

That's why I hate doing pre-orders at BestBuy.com with credit card. It follows as below in an example:

Today - $500 pre-authorized charge

next week - previous is removed

couple weeks later - $500 pre-authorized charge

next week - previous is removed

repeat every couple weeks till the console comes out

That's why I try to pre-order in-store or pay in full with gift cards because issues happen with credit cards. You get denied once then your order is gone.

For those looking to get it from Best Buy, if you pre-order online, they charge you the full amount. If you go into the store, they just charge you $25 (which goes towards the final purchase price).
I can confirm that they've placed a hold for the full amount, but is there any verification that the money will actually be deducted before release? Multiple people have said that Best Buy keeps the hold in place until you actually pick up or cancel the order, but I'm not sure if the One is being treated differently.

For those looking to get it from Best Buy, if you pre-order online, they charge you the full amount. If you go into the store, they just charge you $25 (which goes towards the final purchase price).
I'm not sure if this has changed but in the past when I pre-order like say a game, and a few months later I decided to cancel it. I had trouble getting my money back cause the system was no longer giving the BB employee an option for a refund. The system treated the pre-order deposit like a purchase which is at max 60 days for silver members.

I pre ordered on Amazon. I seriously doubt i will buy it though. I only pre ordered because i didnt have to put any money down and i would rather have it and not need it than vice versa.
i am waiting to see what sony is going to do and either go with them or just skip this gen completely.
Also slight hope MS might become less restrictive

I pre-ordered one from Gamestop on my way home.  They did a lot today to get me back to being interested.  We'll see what Sony has to say.  Some of the exclusive games look ridiculously good.

Apparently the day one preorders have special packaging? After what happened with Amazon slapping a sticker on the retail box of the portal guns and shipping them like that with no other box, I'm starting to think I should have preordered at GS instead of Amazon lol. Hopefully they won't ship a console so carelessly.

Looks like GS cut off regular preorders online and decided to instead divide their allotment into a bunch of useless bundles. Amazon is now the standout best bet for online preorders unless you were going to buy that other stuff anyway.

i get the feeling people are preordering this while hoping that it gets sold out like it did with the x360 and PS3.  i really see no real value in spending $500 for something like the xbone even with their exclusives which i'm not sure if they will even have at launch

I got mine pre-ordered at GS just incase there's a shortage and the prices skyrocket on ebay/amazon. If not then I'll cancel, no way in hell I'm paying $500+ tax for a always online DRM setup box. And a big LOL to those who think M$ will change their stance at some point.

Not at all. 100% serious.

It is possible that someone is perma-deleting the non-preorder talk because it is not on topic with the thread.  But I don't know anything about that if so.

Got a preorder in with Amazon and one with Microsoft, just to be safe. I'm not entirely sure I'll keep either yet but I generally liked what they had on show today. Still want to see what exclusives Sony has up it's sleeves.

Pre-ordered through Amazon. My order status definitely says "Xbox One Console - Day One Edition".

Now to wait for the PS4.

I have no credit at Amazon. But when I try to checkout with the Xbone preorder it says it will charge my Amazon credit card the full amount

If they were perma-deleted then it was probably Cheapy.  I realized this a few minutes ago so that's why I added the other thread info to the OP.  If he doesn't want this talk here, then we don't have this talk here.  Please take any non-preorder specific discussion over to the other thread.  And that includes why you should or shouldn't preorder.  This thread is for the specific details of placing preorders.  So, for example, the discussion of credit card holds at Best Buy is OK, but the discussion of why CAGs are preordering despite the DRM is not.

This is not a "freedom of speech" issue so don't bring that up.  First of all, this is a private site not the public square.  And secondly, negative talk about the One is plentiful in the proper place on CAG.  The Deals forum is simply not the right place for it.

In for one add well I may end up backing out depending on how the ps4 turns out I'll be in for one or the other.

My order doesn't specify Day One edition, because I preordered before they changed the item title. I assume though all first shipments will be day one edition anyway.

bread's done
Back