Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Man. I am not picking fights or anything but it's really odd that I seem to be the only one who thinks that a $100 difference isn't a big deal at all. I am by no means rich but, for a hobby that is expensive anyways, ,$100 seems like it's nothing.
I feel the same way, $500 is actually a really good deal if you look at it from the PC point of view but a little spendy for console gamers who are used to paying $300-400 for their gear. Also if you plan on getting the new PS4 camera (like I do), then it's really only a $40 difference; however, given the option, I probably wouldn't get the kinect camera until I saw a game that made me really want it.

I said this before... you can buy both systems for the same price as a PC video card (GTX Titan).  If you are buying a Ipad... it's about the same price as the consoles.

Ugh noticed the date changed on the XB1  pre-order to November 29th on Amazon. Great, the day after black friday :( That date seems pretty solid now...

Also when going to change my shipping speed it was on two day, standard or free. One day dissipated.

Game stop link is definitely OOS.

Ugh noticed the date changed on the XB1 pre-order to November 29th on Amazon. Great, the day after black friday :( That date seems pretty solid now...

Also when going to change my shipping speed it was on two day, standard or free. One day dissipated.

That actually is Black Friday. I can't imagine them releasing then. The launch will be crazy enough without throwing Black Friday madness into the mix.

Lol, I went to a gamestop and they were "sold out" in my entire area but PS4 pre orders were no problem.  I am guessing Gamestop was pushing Sony more but what BS.

Lol, I went to a gamestop and they were "sold out" in my entire area but PS4 pre orders were no problem. I am guessing Gamestop was pushing Sony more but what BS.
GameStop is allotted more ps4 pre sells then X1.... Most gamestops have 3 times as many ps4s they can pre sell....so just because you can still preorder a ps4 means nothing.

I said this before... you can buy both systems for the same price as a PC video card (GTX Titan). If you are buying a Ipad... it's about the same price as the consoles.
you mean the most expensive PC video card... and add the $60 per year for xbl and $50 for ps+ unless you never play online

I said this before... you can buy both systems for the same price as a PC video card (GTX Titan). If you are buying a Ipad... it's about the same price as the consoles.
you mean the most expensive PC video card... and add the $60 per year for xbl and $50 for ps+ unless you never play online
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-mDisplayPort-Graphics-04G-P4-2690-KR/dp/B007ZRO3U4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1371750280&sr=8-8&keywords=geforce

Nope.

Lol, I went to a gamestop and they were "sold out" in my entire area but PS4 pre orders were no problem. I am guessing Gamestop was pushing Sony more but what BS.
GameStop is allotted more ps4 pre sells then X1.... Most gamestops have 3 times as many ps4s they can pre sell....so just because you can still preorder a ps4 means nothing.
this. my local GS had both available, but only a few left of each. difference was, they were on their third batch of ps4 preorders (they sold out twice and got more each time. with teh x1, they still hadn't sold through all of them. he wouldn't (couldn't?) tell me numbers, but said they had "quite a few" more ps4 preorders than x1. all very non-scientific. :)

All GameStop's got a TON of new Xbox One's allotted to them, so everyone should be able to get one from there today.  I took $100 from my PS4 pre-order and got an Xbox One reserved at GameStop.  I'll make my final decision as to which one I get in the fall.

All GameStop's got a TON of new Xbox One's allotted to them, so everyone should be able to get one from there today. I took $100 from my PS4 pre-order and got an Xbox One reserved at GameStop. I'll make my final decision as to which one I get in the fall.
The dude at my local GS was also telling me they got a bunch more XBO preorders allotted also. Part of me suspects this was all part of MS' plan:

1. Make the preorder allotment small so that it sells out despite the bad press

2. Gaming sites report on XBO selling out preorders (saw an article on gamespot saying this yesterday morning)

3. Undo everything that made the console unattractive so that everyone wants it now.

4. Release a flood of preorders

5. Gamers, thinking that preorders are almost all gone, run out to snatch it up.

This is the scheme that crossed my mind, but after reading Microsoft's PR statements this past month I'm not sure they are smart enough to come up with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Day One Edition's on Amazon guaranteed for launch? I switched from PS4 to Xbox One yesterday after the news.
I ordered one a few days ago and it shows arriving on launch day...so I would think they still are. It has the option still listed for release date shipping on the product page.

All GameStop's got a TON of new Xbox One's allotted to them, so everyone should be able to get one from there today. I took $100 from my PS4 pre-order and got an Xbox One reserved at GameStop. I'll make my final decision as to which one I get in the fall.
The dude at my local GS was also telling me they got a bunch more XBO preorders allotted also. Part of me suspects this was all part of MS' plan:

2. Gaming sites report on XBO selling out preorders (saw an article on gamespot saying this yesterday morning)

3. Undo everything that made the console unattractive so that everyone wants it now.

4. Release a flood of preorders so that gamers

5. Gamers, thinking that preorders are almost all gone, run out to snatch it up.

This is the scheme that crossed my mind, but after reading Microsoft's PR statements this past month I'm not sure they are smart enough to come up with it.
This would be such an insanely brilliant scheme that I wouldn't believe that the top minds in the history of the planet could've come up with it let alone Microsoft's marketing team.

It didn't sell out. Gamestop just stopped taking pre orders. All other retailers still had day one edition up for pre order.

It didn't sell out. Gamestop just stopped taking pre orders. All other retailers still had day one edition for pre orders.
It actually did...

"GameStop has ceased taking pre-orders for Xbox One. Employees from a number of retail locations around the country tell Polygon that the company reached its launch-day allocation last weekend. The company says it is still taking orders via its online site.
Retail managers say senior managers sent out a nationwide email to store managers a few days ago telling them to cease taking pre-orders. Many had already stopped taking launch-date orders, because they had run out of individual store-level allocations."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/19/4445098/gamestop-hits-xbox-one-launch-cap-ceases-pre-orders

If anyone is familuar with Toys R Us could you clarify something......

I pre ordered xbox one in store when they opened today,   i asked if this was the launch day system and i was told yes.  However on my receipt it says.......... In store ETA 12/31/13

Is this normal for everyone elses in store toysrus pre orders or no?

4. Release a flood of preorders so that gamers

This would be such an insanely brilliant scheme that I wouldn't believe that the top minds in the history of the planet could've come up with it let alone Microsoft's marketing team.
am sure it all part of the hype, least too a point. most the resion X box is selling out or seem like they are is resellers, many trying get a day one edtion too resell. you can sell the system for $700-$1000 + even if you wanted a x box just buy another that not day one edtion.

if they are limted really "limted" you will now get the system for free + a game an year or two of x box gold even system still ends up been bad sell it again for a ps4,360,wii U or whatever you fancy am sure smart people will find a way too sell it even with drm.

Does GameStop offer any sort of warranty for the new systems that they sell? I can see my wife putting a lot of miles on the XB1 if I take advantage of its TV capabilities. I'd hate for it to shit the bed on me after one or two years. Thanks!

Ugh noticed the date changed on the XB1 pre-order to November 29th on Amazon. Great, the day after black friday :( That date seems pretty solid now...

Gamestop is back in stock, and the dates changed to November 27th now. Interesting (a Wednesday baby!)

Any stores have cheap day one ship? May as well go with Target if Amazon isn't going to offer that.
Amazon will eventually offer it but not until there is a release date confirmed. That may be the same for most places.

Edit: I just looked at my preorder on Amazon and i saw "Want to receive this the day it comes out?

Select Two-Day Shipping at checkout." :D

i ended up swapping my preorder from the PS4 to X1 at GameStop.  they were out of alotted X1 preorders yesterday, but opened up 15 more today.  just keep calling every day and they should get more

i ended up swapping my preorder from the PS4 to X1 at GameStop.  they were out of alotted X1 preorders yesterday, but opened up 15 more today.  just keep calling every day and they should get more

I pre-ordered at a ToysRUS store,  i asked if it was for the Day One Edition and they told me they hadnt heard of that but that id get one on the day it released my receipt shows a ETA 12/31/13 and says nothing about day one edition.   Has anyone else pre-ordered at a ToysRUs store?  If so does ur show up like this?

So anyone saving up microsoft points for day one digital downloads? I'm hoping our msp will work on the one. I actually was looking forward to the all digital library. How are preorder bonuses going to work. Will I be forced to buy a disc at a store if I want all the content. lol What a mess this is all going to be.
I am curious about this as well. I am sitting on about 10k points and wonder if I should unload them.

I pre ordered xbox one in store when they opened today, i asked if this was the launch day system and i was told yes. However on my receipt it says.......... In store ETA 12/31/13

Microsoft hasn't announced the official launch date yet, so that is a placeholder date.

The console will launch sometime in November. Once MS makes the date known, the stores can adjust accordingly.

I pre ordered xbox one in store when they opened today, i asked if this was the launch day system and i was told yes. However on my receipt it says.......... In store ETA 12/31/13

Microsoft hasn't announced the official launch date yet, so that is a placeholder date.

The console will launch sometime in November. Once MS makes the date known, the stores can adjust accordingly.
do all stores receipts say 12/31/13?

Yes,mine says ETA 12/31/13. I preordered at Bestbuy just in case TRU doesn't get Day one editions.

Yes,mine says ETA 12/31/13. I preordered at Bestbuy just in case TRU doesn't get Day one editions.
Does ur toys r us store not state Day One Edition? mine doesnt either. Have they ever had the day one edition advertised in store? Thanks for letting me know about the date. I pre ordered at toys r us mainly so i can buy the 3 year extended warranty they offer most store offer just 2 for the same price or more,

Does anyone else's amazon preorder say delivery of Dec 4?

I have prime and preordered as soon as they went live on Jun 10.

Mine says the exact same thing. I preordered as soon as they went live as well. Since Amazon hasn't changed the order to release day delivery yet, that is 2 business days from November 30.

Just got this in email, so check your email if you ordered from Amazon...

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Xbox One Console - Day One Edition"
    Estimated arrival date: November 27, 2013

Please visit Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) for the most up-to-date delivery information about this order. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account at no additional cost.

DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 by 8:00pm

Thought just occurred to me. How does preordering at Best Buy instore really work? My receipt says day one edition, but do they have a way to tell who preordered first?

Ubisoft is debatable. EA really didn't show much out side of mirrors edge 2. Also the family share plan was shown to just be a glorified demo.

I do find it "funny" thought about gamestop. now that the system can easily play preowned games....the "magically" have more for preorder.? gamestop was trying to make MS fail I think, now that they see they can capitolize on idiots paying $5 less for a used game now, they will push the system....smh
You find it shocking that a product directly undercutting GameStop's business practices was pushed less than a more competitive system? All GameStop was doing is protecting their business by ordering less units of the console, which nobody can blame them for.

Sony and GameStop partnering up against to try and kill off a competitor to a Playstation?  If I hadn't watched them do it to the Dreamcast I would never believe it.

Ubisoft is debatable. EA really didn't show much out side of mirrors edge 2. Also the family share plan was shown to just be a glorified demo.
No reason to get into the family plan in this thread, but multiple MS executives have debunked that rumor. (Five so far..)

Back to the topic at hand however...

If you werent impressed by Ubisoft or EA, what were you impressed by? Anything? Witcher 3?

I was impressed by The Division most, although that's only because we've known about Watch Dogs for awhile.

EA had PvZ Garden Warfare which looked amazing, Titanfall which won some best of show awards, and of course the announcement of Battlefront.

No reason to get into the family plan in this thread, but multiple MS executives have debunked that rumor. (Five so far..)

Back to the topic at hand however...

If you werent impressed by Ubisoft or EA, what were you impressed by? Anything? Witcher 3?

I was impressed by The Division most, although that's only because we've known about Watch Dogs for awhile.

EA had PvZ Garden Warfare which looked amazing, Titanfall which won some best of show awards, and of course the announcement of Battlefront.
I didn't say Ubisoft was bad. I said it was debatable which means we can debate between them and Sony and Microsoft.

I don't really care for sports or shooters so EA doesnt do much for me. they didnt show anything for Battlefront so cant really say how good it will or wont be.

Im actually not really happy with what they did with Planets vs Zombies since I really enjoyed it for being an RTS and being something different.

Ahh gotcha :)

Yeah I'm actually pretty happy about PvZ as well. Little scared about the possibilities of them milking us for DLC cash, but it looked extremely fun in a quirky charming sort of way.

i meant to say im not very happy with what they did, lol.

But I guess its just a spin off as Im sure Planets vs Zombies 2 is the more traditional style.

Ugh, heh :D

Yeah, part of the DLC milking thing I mentioned comes from PvZ 2. It being free and having "premium" plants and stuff.

bread's done
Back