Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Sorry if I missed this being stated somewhere before, but anyone else's Amazon pre-order now state:

"DELIVERY ESTIMATE: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2013 BY 8:00PM"

for their Day One console? Pretty sure it always said Dec. 31 before.
Mine has said this for a few weeks, along with my play and charge and (now cancelled) headset pre-order. I think we will know a release date by this afternoon.

They have announced they are doing a special live broadcast from the Xbox booth in Germany at 11am central/12pm eastern.  This wasn't something announced beforehand and was revealed by Major Nelson like 12 hours ago.  It'll be streamed live on Xbox Live and available On Demand right after.  I have a feeling it's going to be a barrage of what they have to offer and then a release date.  They can't leave this place without a date while PS4 has theirs out there, it'd just be stupid.

There's a slight chance they would wait till PAX Prime in late August, but I don't think so.  I think PAX is where we will hear about the hinted at plans for a USA packed-in game like Europe is getting with FIFA.

I think you're right about them making a release date announcement today.  I'm really hoping for something on the possibility of a pack-in today, too. 

I hope they aren't planning a surprise early release date. I don't have my preorder paid off yet.

I would even take a free GOOD arcade game or 2.

If the production rumors are true, id be a little wary of them trying to push the system out just to beat sony to the market. Just release it when its ready.

I don't think the date will be coming from this live stream.  I think they'll be waiting till PAX and mix it with the USA's bundle announcement now that I'm seeing the quality of this stream.

If the production rumors are true, id be a little wary of them trying to push the system out just to beat sony to the market. Just release it when its ready.
It's probably why they are delaying the launch in a lot of countries and focusing mainly on the US and parts of europe.

Hell Sony isn't even releasing in Japan this year.

Both companies realize Japan has become more of a handheld market unless PS4 proves it wrong, which I doubt it will.

They've been saying the same thing since E3.  I wanted a date today but I'm glad the stream was lame enough from the start to dash any hope of hearing it today right away.

Pax is soon, I'm sure we will get a date then.
Yep, this is kinda what I figured the Gamescon video was going to be since it was just called "best of", it had a few cool little parts that made that looked neat like the kinect scanning and such, but PAX is probably where we will get more info, especially since it's a US based event.

They don't seem to confident or a release date would of already been made already. Stream was lame not even shown anywhere on the us dashboard only online or on twitch wasn't advertised very well and seems like it was just thrown together.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know about the microsoft store pre-orders.... is it release day shipping?

I haven't pre-ordered yet and seems to be no taxes from them (best bet it seems since I missed out on amazon)

They don't seem to confident or a release date would of already been made already. Stream was lame not even shown anywhere on the us dashboard only online or on twitch wasn't advertised very well and seems like it was just thrown together.
It was the biggest square on the US dashboard, although once you clicked it it wasn't able to be watched for the first 20 minutes of it. They didn't update the live stream tile within.

They don't seem confident? How can you say that? Do you really think Microsoft doesn't know the date already? They are just holding it for whatever extra things they want to announce along with it to an American audience.

They don't seem to confident or a release date would of already been made already.
OT-if I see one more person type would OF, or should OF, or could OF, I may just blow my brains out. Are they teaching this in school now???

Would've. As in would HAVE. If you don't understand why typing 'would of' makes you look like an ignoramus, there's no hope for you anyway.

Also-'too' confident. As in 'you are too confident in your poor grammar to see the errors right in front of your face.'

/rant

anyone know about the microsoft store pre-orders.... is it release day shipping?

I haven't pre-ordered yet and seems to be no taxes from them (best bet it seems since I missed out on amazon)
I have confirmed with Microsoft's online store on two different occasions that the "Day One" edition of the console WILL arrive at my front door on launch day.

If you have any doubts, try out the "Chat" functionality of the store - its pretty good.

I pre-ordered the console and a second controller (with plug-and-play charger). All confirmed for release day delivery.

Several games are supposedly arriving for release day, too. I just haven't pre-ordered any because I'm hoping for a better deal closer to launch.

[quote name="bbedwards" post="11004933" timestamp="1377191692"]
OT-if I see one more person type would OF, or should OF, or could OF, I may just blow my brains out. Are they teaching this in school now???

Would've. As in would HAVE. If you don't understand why typing 'would of' makes you look like an ignoramus, there's no hope for you anyway.

Also-'too' confident. As in 'you are too confident in your poor grammar to see it right in front of you.'

/rant[/quote]
Wow you don't have to be such a ass and try edit posts obviously you have too much time on your hands. So excuse me if typing a quick response about the stream doesn't suit your fancy. There's no hope for me, yah right! I'm in graduate school there's more things important then editing a post on a forum or reading over it to make sure it is grammatically correct for your liking. Hell I might get a degree over you as you sit here reading posts wasting your time reading and correcting people. I will use my time to write grammar correct responses for my comps and research papers not a web forum where I won't be known.

Remember as well. Gamescom is not a huge event like E3 or Tokyo Game Show. It has just started to get a bit bigger in recent years.

Microsoft and Nintendo both skipped Gamescom last year. Microsoft also skipped TGS as well last year.

Which is why im not sure why people thought some huge announcements were coming at Gamescom. I don't really recall anything huge in the past and its usually used to just address information for European markets.

Remember as well. Gamescom is not a huge event like E3 or Tokyo Game Show. It has just started to get a bit bigger in recent years.

Microsoft and Nintendo both skipped Gamescom last year. Microsoft also skipped TGS as well last year.

Which is why im not sure why people thought some huge announcements were coming at Gamescom. I don't really recall anything huge in the past and its usually used to just address information for European markets.
I didn't expect anything from it but after Sony gave their date, and then MS suddenly had a stream planned I figured they were going to throw out a date too. Now everyone sits here and knows when the PS4 is coming out and not the Xbox One. In an ADD society that is not going to help pre-order numbers. People want to know NOW.

Wow you don't have to be such a ass and try edit posts obviously you have too much time on your hands. So excuse me if typing a quick response about the stream doesn't suit your fancy. There's no hope for me, yah right! I'm in graduate school there's more things important then editing a post on a forum or reading over it to make sure it is grammatically correct for your liking. Hell I might get a degree over you as you sit here reading posts wasting your time reading and correcting people. I will use my time to write grammar correct responses for my comps and research papers not a web forum where I won't be known.
Graduate school? I'm guessing English isn't your major. If you have anything else to say pm me so we don't clutter the thread.

I really hope MS gives us an early Nov date, they should try and beat Sony to the punch even if it is a week or two. Nov 5th is COD ghosts which is the number 1 selling franchise on Xbox so the closer to that date the better imo.

As one who has actually been around for more console launches than some posters have had hot dinners (yeah, I'm that old), this is one of the better launch lineups I've ever seen.

Especially compared to the last generation.  Outside PGR3 and CoD2, the 360 didn't have much, and outside Motorstorm and Resistance, neither did the PS3.  Worse, both systems, especially the PS3, had enormous "dead zones" shortly after the launch window where there was no cool new software coming out - remember how pumped up PS3 owners were for Lair?  The reason so many were looking forward to that POS is because there wasn't anything else available.

The "dead zone" this year currently has stuff like Infamous, Titanfall, Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny, and The Division scheduled for release.

Forza 5 is reason alone for me, I'll admit.  But at $20 for the full game, Killer Instinct is looking like a no-brainer.  Dead Rising 3 looks like it will continue the mayhem of the first two games....yes, the graphics are not the best. but if you played the first two games, you realize this is a part of that series - sacrificing a little visual detail in favor of an overwhelming amount of on-screen action.  There have even been reports that Ryse is not in fact a series of inconvenient quick-time events.

Throw on the multiplats and you have a much better than average launch lineup.  Same is true with the PS4, at least, if the mustard hasn't fallen off the Killzone hot dog for you as it has for me.

There will be tax on purchases from the Microsoft Store, to my knowledge. It may be the case that if they do not have a retail outlet in a particular state that there won't be tax, but I am not sure of that - best to contact them directly to find out for sure.

And you will get release day delivery. Not release day shipment, release day delivery. The MS store had some great preorder specials last Fall. I ordered five games from them. All five arrived on launch day, with no additional shipping fees. That seems to be something they take seriously.

I really hope MS gives us an early Nov date, they should try and beat Sony to the punch even if it is a week or two. Nov 5th is COD ghosts which is the number 1 selling franchise on Xbox so the closer to that date the better imo.
If they could somehow manage to get it out on November 1 and have it in stores for the Ghosts release, that would be pretty huge for them.

They just need to bundle Ghost with every system in the U.S.

I agree, I was charged tax on my Microsoft store order only because they have a retail store within my state, But on my order they did not guarantee release day shipping, only UPS Ground which per their site is 2-6 business days

They just need to bundle Ghost with every system in the U.S.
That would be some goodwill to the gamers. Personally was hoping for a Kinect-less SKU. I know all I have been hearing is no way, no chance. And now after today I guess they really aren't going to release one without it. Kind of a bummer for me, and anyone else who wants to play X1 without the Kinect or buying the Kinect. After them saying now we don't have to use it anymore with X1, which to me is awesome. But it's just one step just short for me. I would rather save that $100 for another game or two like Ryse or Titanfall, and wait to see if anything good comes out for Kinect aside from Party/Kids games. Posibly wait until Illumiroom comes out, seems pretty cool. Hope you guys enjoy your X1 thoroughly, hopefully one day I will be joining ya'll...with a Kinect-less bunde. Wish I had a lot of disposable income! Edit : Also my prediction is week before PS4 or a week after for release.

My prediction is 11/19.  That is the 8 year anniversary of me getting my Xbox 360 from Every10Minutes.com, aka one of the best days of my life.

My prediction is 11/19. That is the 8 year anniversary of me getting my Xbox 360 from Every10Minutes.com, aka one of the best days of my life.
That's where I got mine. Free t-shirts, hats, crappy energy drink, Madden, Kameo and a 360 all for drinking Mountain Dew, which I did anyway. Only took me 9 caps to win.

So the real question is... What food / beverage company will be holding a contest to give these suckers away?
Every10Minutes.com was in full swing by this time last launch. I think if anything large-scale was going to happen it would already be happening, and especially would already be announced. I'm sure there will be something but it'll be one of those contests where you never actually know anybody online or offline who won. Every10Minutes was probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen transpire.

wish they would announce release day already.. hopefully its the same week a ps4.. im trying to plan to take off from work that friday..

earlier the better obviously so it would love a close to nov 5 launch with ghosts..also please pack in a digital game or something

Might consider midnight release at bb for xbox one.. but not enough of sony fan to do it for ps4. 

I know its prob been asked a million times but if you preorder on bb.com online for midnight pickup, how are the charges being handled?  Is there a deposit or full charge on your card? Would you be able to use GC at pickup or should I apply them at time of ordering?

Every10Minutes.com was in full swing by this time last launch. I think if anything large-scale was going to happen it would already be happening, and especially would already be announced. I'm sure there will be something but it'll be one of those contests where you never actually know anybody online or offline who won. Every10Minutes was probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen transpire.
It definitely was. I remember those days well -- staying up late, gathering hundreds of codes, dumping them into one of the "empty" slots and seeing my initials pop up once the drawing was over. Within a day or two, it wasn't as easy to pull it off :)

I'm guessing it'll never happen again...but it was one of the coolest online "transactions" of all-time!

wish they would announce release day already.. hopefully its the same week a ps4.. im trying to plan to take off from work that friday..

earlier the better obviously so it would love a close to nov 5 launch with ghosts..also please pack in a digital game or something

Might consider midnight release at bb for xbox one.. but not enough of sony fan to do it for ps4.

I know its prob been asked a million times but if you preorder on bb.com online for midnight pickup, how are the charges being handled? Is there a deposit or full charge on your card? Would you be able to use GC at pickup or should I apply them at time of ordering?
Full amount goes into a rotation pending charge. Meaning it will appear for a while, then drop off, then appear again. If you happen to spend that money while it dropped off, then next time it pends it will cancel your preorder instantly for insufficient funds.

My recommendation if ordering from BBY.com, either use a GC (won't get double RZ points if your GCU member.) or stick the funds into a dusty PayPal account and pay with that.

Full amount goes into a rotation pending charge. Meaning it will appear for a while, then drop off, then appear again. If you happen to spend that money while it dropped off, then next time it pends it will cancel your preorder instantly for insufficient funds.

My recommendation if ordering from BBY.com, either use a GC (won't get double RZ points if your GCU member.) or stick the funds into a dusty PayPal account and pay with that.
thanks appreciate it.

Paypal actually works well for me as I have some balance I can use... hate paying tax but w.e.

The reason i'm even considering it is i havent done anything midnight lauch release related in years.. (getting old and work).. but it would be fun. I have my Amazon preorder in for launch day but knowing UPS it wont come until the very end of day....i know.. im crazy like that sometimes.

I understand completely. I use GS for my preordering needs if I want it ASAP. You can believe me I will be at the midnight launch for the release of the PS4. Also haven't done a midnight launch in years.

The last one I have gone to was MW2, but mainly because I was working in an arcade in the mall right next to GS. We did late night opening just because of the crowd for the game. Did some serious business.

I don't even remember my last midnight release.. maybe.... Halo 3... trying to think...

heck don't even do that for movies anymore...

bread's done
Back