Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

It definitely was. I remember those days well -- staying up late, gathering hundreds of codes, dumping them into one of the "empty" slots and seeing my initials pop up once the drawing was over. Within a day or two, it wasn't as easy to pull it off :)

I'm guessing it'll never happen again...but it was one of the coolest online "transactions" of all-time!
Yep, that's what I did. I'm assuming you were aware of the referral e-mail thing going on at first too?

My recommendation if ordering from BBY.com, either use a GC (won't get double RZ points if your GCU member.) or stick the funds into a dusty PayPal account and pay with that.
Unless you have a reliable source, I believe you do not receive double RZ points on a console/hardware purchase as a GC or GCU member.

I remember you talking about double RZ points for a console purchase a few days ago, so I spoke with a BBY.com online chat representative to confirm that you do not get double points. She even confirmed this with her supervisor. This page, https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits, lists benefits as "Get 2x points on new game software, digital content and game accessories" but only "Get points on gaming consoles".

Yep, that's what I did. I'm assuming you were aware of the referral e-mail thing going on at first too?
Yeah, guilty as charged. That was one of those "if you don't act now, it'll be too late" type of situations. I think 24 hours afterwards it was much harder to pull off.

I was nervous because I was hoping someone else wasn't going to do the same thing and enter the drawing I had all my codes in...I think by the time "my" drawing came about, there were something like 750 codes in there and 450+ of them were mine. I also remember the morning well because I believe it was right when Katrina was coming ashore and every channel was running coverage on it.

Anyway....legendary stuff. I don't expect to be involved in something like that again.

Yeah, guilty as charged. That was one of those "if you don't act now, it'll be too late" type of situations. I think 24 hours afterwards it was much harder to pull off.

I was nervous because I was hoping someone else wasn't going to do the same thing and enter the drawing I had all my codes in...I think by the time "my" drawing came about, there were something like 750 codes in there and 450+ of them were mine. I also remember the morning well because I believe it was right when Katrina was coming ashore and every channel was running coverage on it.

Anyway....legendary stuff. I don't expect to be involved in something like that again.
Yep. Exact same day and times for me too. We probably won within a few minutes of each other.

I later won a second one about 3 weeks later for my friend and had it shipped to him. I got barely a thanks and I don't think he ever really played it. It was his first year at college and he changed and seemingly didn't want to be friends anymore.

Full amount goes into a rotation pending charge. Meaning it will appear for a while, then drop off, then appear again. If you happen to spend that money while it dropped off, then next time it pends it will cancel your preorder instantly for insufficient funds.

My recommendation if ordering from BBY.com, either use a GC (won't get double RZ points if your GCU member.) or stick the funds into a dusty PayPal account and pay with that.
So what I ended up doing was placing an order for store pickup using Paypal Bill Me Later service.

It shouldnt cause any issues and ofcourse get 6 months to pay with 0%.

It shows up as a pending charge. I suppose the only problem would be if it turns into a permanent charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up,  just called my local walmart about tommorrow in store pre order for xbox one,  and was told that they aren't for day one editions and that there for the system they will get sometime in mid december.   He sounded like he new what he was talkign about so id check with ur stores see what the consistent anwser is about the walmart orders.  Also stated that they will start taking the order from layaway at 8am.  I even asked if the stores were gonna get any on launch day and he said not till mid december.   If you call ur local walmarts post back what you hear.   Walmart i called is the biggest most popular walmart in my area.

Just a heads up, just called my local walmart about tommorrow in store pre order for xbox one, and was told that they aren't for day one editions and that there for the system they will get sometime in mid december. He sounded like he new what he was talkign about so id check with ur stores see what the consistent anwser is about the walmart orders. Also stated that they will start taking the order from layaway at 8am. I even asked if the stores were gonna get any on launch day and he said not till mid december. If you call ur local walmarts post back what you hear. Walmart i called is the biggest most popular walmart in my area.
How can such a large chain like Walmart not get any units for launch? Maybe for black friday?

How can such a large chain like Walmart not get any units for launch? Maybe for black friday?
Most likely the ones they get at launch are already designated for online preorders. I think this was already reported with a link to a joystiq article a day or two ago.

That's where I got mine. Free t-shirts, hats, crappy energy drink, Madden, Kameo and a 360 all for drinking Mountain Dew, which I did anyway. Only took me 9 caps to win.

It definitely was. I remember those days well -- staying up late, gathering hundreds of codes, dumping them into one of the "empty" slots and seeing my initials pop up once the drawing was over. Within a day or two, it wasn't as easy to pull it off :)

I'm guessing it'll never happen again...but it was one of the coolest online "transactions" of all-time!
That was my experience, too..... except for the winning part. I had so many people that I work with giving me codes it was crazy. They all drank Pepsi but weren't gamers. I poured hundreds and hundreds of codes into that, tried picking the most "empty" listings, but no luck. I started early enough that I thought I had a chance on the first one I did, but yeah, after a day or two all the drawings were loaded.

I got my day one locked in with Amazon, I trust them to get it to me since I have never had a problem with them in the past when it came to preordering anything. This is going to be a very expensive Nov, my total atm is up to 825 bones and I'm sure I will want to order more games.

I really hope the US gets a free game, I honestly don't even care what game it is. I don't think they would ever give us COD or BF4 so If I had to take a guess I would put my money on Deadrising 3 or Ryse. But hey, I'd be down for any game.

That was my experience, too..... except for the winning part. I had so many people that I work with giving me codes it was crazy. They all drank Pepsi but weren't gamers. I poured hundreds and hundreds of codes into that, tried picking the most "empty" listings, but no luck. I started early enough that I thought I had a chance on the first one I did, but yeah, after a day or two all the drawings were loaded.
Man that's bad luck. I would have been so sad. I was sick to my stomach and when I saw my initials I came up the stairs so fast my shirt sleeve caught on something and made a little hole even. I was running so fast I ran right into the wall before racing up the stairs too. I was screaming.

I got my day one locked in with Amazon, I trust them to get it to me since I have never had a problem with them in the past when it came to preordering anything. This is going to be a very expensive Nov, my total atm is up to 825 bones and I'm sure I will want to order more games.

I really hope the US gets a free game, I honestly don't even care what game it is. I don't think they would ever give us COD or BF4 so If I had to take a guess I would put my money on Deadrising 3 or Ryse. But hey, I'd be down for any game.
I'm pretty sure it's going to have to be an E-rated game so unfortunately I don't think any of the games you listed will be it. I'm not much of a football fan but if they do pack a game in for pre-ordering I would put my money on Madden. I'll probably sell the code as I haven't played a football game since the 2K series stopped making football games.

I preordered from amazon over a month ago . Can anybody tell me what the chances are I get it close to launch ? Seems like everybody is opening preorders up EXCEPT amazon . Don't care about day one edition just want it on day one

I preordered from amazon over a month ago . Can anybody tell me what the chances are I get it close to launch ? Seems like everybody is opening preorders up EXCEPT amazon . Don't care about day one edition just want it on day one
Uh...does your order show that it's a Day One console? Does it say November 27th? You could also call and ask them if you are expected to get it on release day. They wont yell at you, I promise.

It doesn't say day one and says I will receive jan 7-14 2014:/ hope that's not the case....
Ya snooze ya lose...but I'd call them. In the spirit of keeping customers happy they might "hook you up". If they say no ask to cancel and they might 180 and find an extra release day to make you happy. You always have the Microsoft store option (with tax)

Changed my order at the MS Store so its on a CC instead of a Debit Card (in case anything goes wrong). Does anyone know how long the warranty is for the Xbox One? I would assume 12 months from purchase? 

Changed my order at the MS Store so its on a CC instead of a Debit Card (in case anything goes wrong). Does anyone know how long the warranty is for the Xbox One? I would assume 12 months from purchase?
One year. If you purchase with an American Express card American Express will extend it by one year.

Ya snooze ya lose...but I'd call them. In the spirit of keeping customers happy they might "hook you up". If they say no ask to cancel and they might 180 and find an extra release day to make you happy. You always have the Microsoft store option (with tax)
yeah I built up $600 in GameStop credit and transferred it over to amazon thinking that would be the safest rout to get close to day one .. Jokes on me that GameStop opens there's back up a month later .. Oh we'll maybe the wii u will actually get used that month with zelda keeping me content till Xbox comes ... Thanks for the suggestions carrot cake kid

Also didnt realize you could preorder without paying it completely off otherwise I would have handled this completely different... My fault for not asking a question about this months ago

I went to my local Walmart early this morning. No surprise, no one knew what I was talking about. Went to a different Walmart, and they had displays up advertising the pre orders, and someone eventually took care of me. YMMV.

I went to my local Walmart early this morning. No surprise, no one knew what I was talking about. Went to a different Walmart, and they had displays up advertising the pre orders, and someone eventually took care of me. YMMV.
Mine was the same way.....

Went in to electronic and heres how it went and what was said...

Me: yeah im here to pre order the xbox one

A: ugh we dont do pre orders in store you have to do it online

Me: I called ealier and pre orders in store I was told start today.

A: Ugh "the guy ask another salesman about it" and other guy says the same thing, then he ask another person and they show him the HUGE ad thats just 1ft away about in store pre orders starting today, they then direct me back to layawayish area.

Anyway when i got back there they had NO idea what i was talkign about, after some digging they get a manager who knows and she does the checkout, if you can call it that. She had to get out a yellow page that showed everything about it and tryed to sell me other pre orders for controllers. When it got to the part where she did the checkout it took forever, im talking nearly 30 mins. It was like she had never used the machine before. But i did get it ordered. When checking out i was asked if i wanted the warranty plan i asked if i could just get it later when i pick it up, she said i could so hopefully thats true because the warranty is the reason im getting it there.

The ad says launch day and even had a pic of the day one edition, I had called the day before about if it would be a launch day system and was told it wouldnt be, but 3 hours before i went to the store today i called again and was told it would be. So im guessing the person i asked a few days before was prob wrong and just misread the corprate ad.

Guess ill cancel my toys r us pre order soon and get my $20 back.

dont' ask to cancel.. they will cancel immediately and you will be out of luck

One year. If you purchase with an American Express card American Express will extend it by one year.
Any of the Visa Signature Cards, and most of the Chase cards extend it by a year as well. Nice to have a 2 year warranty, what happened last gen makes me consider just buying a 3 year warranty, but with the huge fan and all the vents on the XB1 I don't think there will be any hardware failures related to overheating. My fat PS3 only lasted about 3 years.

Anyone who pre ordered a xbox one in store at walmart,  did you have to use a pre order slip?  because when i ordered they used a corprate sheet and scanned a barcode off it.   I seen the slips and asked if i needed to get one the employee said no and that i can just go back to layaway and order it.  Hopefully my pre order is good.  Maybe the slips was just a item #?    for anyone who has ordered could you maybe post whats the first 3 and last 3 digits of the number beside the xbox on the receipt?

Anyone who pre ordered a xbox one in store at walmart, did you have to use a pre order slip? because when i ordered they used a corprate sheet and scanned a barcode off it. I seen the slips and asked if i needed to get one the employee said no and that i can just go back to layaway and order it. Hopefully my pre order is good. Maybe the slips was just a item #? for anyone who has ordered could you maybe post whats the first 3 and last 3 digits of the number beside the xbox on the receipt?

At my Walmart they scanned the corporate sheet too. The number on my receipt is: Xbox One HWR 088xxxxxx158

I really doubt they would give away a free game in the U.S. The preorders are selling out already, why would they just throw away free money when the incentive isnt needed?

The situation is completely different in Europe as far as preorders go.

At my Walmart they scanned the corporate sheet too. The number on my receipt is: Xbox One HWR 088xxxxxx158
ok i believe its the same as mine then because mine starts and ends with with 0885xxxx2158 im guessing when they run out the computer will stop letting them take orders

Mine was the same way.....

Went in to electronic and heres how it went and what was said...

Me: yeah im here to pre order the xbox one

A: ugh we dont do pre orders in store you have to do it online

Me: I called ealier and pre orders in store I was told start today.

A: Ugh "the guy ask another salesman about it" and other guy says the same thing, then he ask another person and they show him the HUGE ad thats just 1ft away about in store pre orders starting today, they then direct me back to layawayish area.

Anyway when i got back there they had NO idea what i was talkign about, after some digging they get a manager who knows and she does the checkout, if you can call it that. She had to get out a yellow page that showed everything about it and tryed to sell me other pre orders for controllers. When it got to the part where she did the checkout it took forever, im talking nearly 30 mins. It was like she had never used the machine before. But i did get it ordered. When checking out i was asked if i wanted the warranty plan i asked if i could just get it later when i pick it up, she said i could so hopefully thats true because the warranty is the reason im getting it there.

The ad says launch day and even had a pic of the day one edition, I had called the day before about if it would be a launch day system and was told it wouldnt be, but 3 hours before i went to the store today i called again and was told it would be. So im guessing the person i asked a few days before was prob wrong and just misread the corprate ad.

Guess ill cancel my toys r us pre order soon and get my $20 back.
Just curious, if you're getting it at Wal-Mart just because of the warranty then why didn't you just get the warranty right then when she offered it to you instead of gambling whether or not she knows what she's talking about regarding getting it at the time of pickup.

I really doubt they would give away a free game in the U.S. The preorders are selling out already, why would they just throw away free money when the incentive isnt needed?

The situation is completely different in Europe as far as preorders go.
Im with you about doubting they will add a free game (Peggle 2 would be great though!). I think it would depend on how bad PS4 is outselling the XBone. I dont have any clue, but if it was something like 2-1 then maybe MS would give us a free game.

Well, as far as preorders go, it is a 2-1 ratio. However, that doesn't determine actual sales, so we will just have to wait and see after the Holidays.

Just curious, if you're getting it at Wal-Mart just because of the warranty then why didn't you just get the warranty right then when she offered it to you instead of gambling whether or not she knows what she's talking about regarding getting it at the time of pickup.
Because I only had $70 on me and the coverage would start now, plus if for some reason they didnt let me get it then I can always use square trade, there warranty is only $20ish more then walmarts

So what I ended up doing was placing an order for store pickup using Paypal Bill Me Later service.

It shouldnt cause any issues and ofcourse get 6 months to pay with 0%.

It shows up as a pending charge. I suppose the only problem would be if it turns into a permanent charge.
Just a small update.

What I did notice is that it looks like It may have fully charged the full amount to my Bill Me Later service at Best Buy.com

Not really a biggy for me as I had available balance but I may need to cancel and redo order if I want to apply Gift cards or anything.

One night thing through was the $10 off and 6 months zero interest.

PS4s are outselling XB1s by 5 to 1? Wow.
LOL, no. What's happening is that Sony, as usual, is taking pre-orders they can't fill. They did the same thing with the PS2. The stores are the ones left holding the blame when all the customers come in pissed off that their system isn't in when they were allowed to pre-order it. Microsoft was responsible with the numbers and only allotted what was realistic.

I wonder if Sony will threaten GameStops, etc. to pull Xbox One advertising if they want the rest of their promised systems, like they did against the Dreamcast.

Sony has seen this strategy work before.

LOL, no. What's happening is that Sony, as usual, is taking pre-orders they can't fill. They did the same thing with the PS2. The stores are the ones left holding the blame when all the customers come in pissed off that their system isn't in when they were allowed to pre-order it. Microsoft was responsible with the numbers and only allotted what was realistic.

I wonder if Sony will threaten GameStops, etc. to pull Xbox One advertising if they want the rest of their promised systems, like they did against the Dreamcast.

Sony has seen this strategy work before.
The Xbox from what ive seen is actually out selling ps4 in pre orders now, at first is was sony by a landslide but changes a month later due to there policy changes. The xbox one only had 1 week of really bad press then it was reversed. I was there since launch of both ps3 and 360, and i could see sony lieing AGAIN to hype it up. I enjoy my PS3 been there since ps1 but i dont trust them when it comes to launches. Lies like this interview about KZ2 footage being realitime in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI15BGscFac all the way to there lauaghble and lacking PS4 UI that was shown at gamescon, has alot of my faith in sony in limbo. I plan to get a ps4 regardless because im no fanboy, i go where there are great games and both consoles will deliver but im not gonna be blinded by obvious stuff.

all the way to there lauaghble and lacking PS4 UI that was shown at gamescon, has alot of my faith in sony in limbo. I plan to get a ps4 regardless because im no fanboy, i go where there are great games and both consoles will deliver but im not gonna be blinded by obvious stuff.
I don't know what you were watching at Gamescom but Sony opening Presentation was center around the PS4 UI at the start of the show.

bread's done
Back