Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

As we remain off-topic, here is a direct quote from Albert Penello:

FYI it's 11pm on a Sunday, so people aren't exactly quick to respond to work email. I wanted to check in before I shut-down for the evening. This is what I believe is going on:

We still have two more weeks before launch - the console is in a pre-release state. We are doing regular updates - I personally took one a few minutes before he posted. His build is now old. This is why we were saying we didn't want people on early - it's not done yet.

This behavior is only because we are in pre-release. When we launch, console will work exactly as you expect today on 360.

For sure this has nothing to do with requiring a connection. There is no "DRM removal" in the Day One update because none of the consoles were ever built with that stuff in it.

This also has nothing to do with COD. The Day One update just brings the SW up to date with the latest versions vs. what's on the box. But there is no 24 check in, that's for sure.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89376940&postcount=994
I'm confused, so is he saying... If you don't have the latest firmware update on X1, you lose access to offline play?

In a pre-launch and non-final code scenario, yes.  Thankfully none of us will be in that scenario so it's a non-issue.

I'm confused, so is he saying... If you don't have the latest firmware update on X1, you lose access to offline play?
...? I am wondering about your logic on that one... say you had access to offline play, you never go online. New update comes out, you don't update, how would you possibly LOSE the access? All they did was super brick his console temporarily, and they will be sending everyone they are doing it to a $100 giftcard to make up for the fact they don't want people using an unfinished product. What he was saying in the article was "You don't need any updates for offline play, that wasn't built in, so there is no need to remove something that was never there."

But look out pirates and modders, this essentially means that if they catch you playing pirated games, instead of just locking you out of live they can now lock down your xbox and cut off offline play on those pirated games as well :) I approve.

Last edited by a moderator:
"But look out pirates and modders, this essentially means that if they catch you playing pirated games, instead of just locking you out of live they can now lock down your xbox and cut off offline play on those pirated games as well :) I approve."
You approve of a company being able to disable a $500 machine without judge, jury, trial, or any form of peer review for any reason? If so, you're an idiot. Please go back to your pre-Magne Carte 12th century life.  This isn't about piracy.  It's about corporate control.

But look out pirates and modders, this essentially means that if they catch you playing pirated games, instead of just locking you out of live they can now lock down your xbox and cut off offline play on those pirated games as well :) I approve.
You do realize that this is nothing new. When they first started banning 360s, they locked out the whole console, online and off (by rendering the hard drive useless). After the shitstorm of legal notices, they changed it so that only online access was blocked. Unless they want to through that same mess again, offline access won't be lost with a ban. Guaranteed.

"But look out pirates and modders, this essentially means that if they catch you playing pirated games, instead of just locking you out of live they can now lock down your xbox and cut off offline play on those pirated games as well :) I approve."

You approve of a company being able to disable a $500 machine without judge, jury, trial, or any form of peer review for any reason? If so, you're an idiot. Please go back to your pre-Magne Carte 12th century life. This isn't about piracy. It's about corporate control.
You realize when you buy anything like a xbox or even ps4 it's not really 100 percent yours right ? If you read the rights you agree to or even the copyrights you will see they can do what ever they want to your product.

I'm still sketchy about the whole Xbox One shit that's still going on.
This is why Microsoft was quick to shutdown the videos, twitter of the dude that got his box early. We aren't supposed to be part of this process. Any information/situation he is dealing with will not apply to us. They are testing the console and preparing it for launch. They may know the IDs of the consoles that got sold and have some type of exclusion list that doesn't allow the console's access to anything online. Maybe they can brick it somehow. We could sit here all day and think of possibilities of what's going on. But it doesn't matter b/c he is not supposed to have the console.

While, we know nothing is confirmed yet, its also foolish to just brush it off as nothing.

So if you get banned from xbox live does that mean your $500 console is now 100% useless? Could this mean that they really didn't remove DRM fully?

Its a serious issue that hopefully is not true and just tied to this one console but seems bad if its true.

Are even getting an X1?

Amazing how people continue to derail a pre-order thread with stupid BS about some idiot who decided to spill the beans on a console 2 weeks prior to release because he was hell bent on getting his 15 minutes of e-fame.

His console got banned, temporarily. Quit making assumptions about his situation affecting the rest of us come launch day.

Amazing how people continue to derail a pre-order thread with stupid BS about some idiot who decided to spill the beans on a console 2 weeks prior to release because he was hell bent on getting his 15 minutes of e-fame.

His console got banned, temporarily. Quit making assumptions about his situation affecting the rest of us come launch day.

Exactly what I was thinking. Don't really understand what the point of their actions are...

Why are people canceling preorders? CAGs should be selling them on eBay for $100+ profit.
It looks like Ebay is only allowing you to sell one of each console if you have a regular plain seller account.

Trying to sell one for a friend but didn't allow me too.

That being said, my friend has an extra pre-order that he is trying to unload. Let me know if anyone on here wants one. Not expecting ebay type profits but at least something in return aside from the MSRP. (for CAG members that have been around and have good feedback of course). No guarantees but i'll pass along your offer.

So i waited and waited and finally decided to get a pre-order, when i did it was too late and everywhere was sold out. Are you telling me that The pre-orders that people are trying to sell on ebay they are canceling all but one of their auctions for each system? If so does this mean there is going to be more on the shelves at launch? I am thinking of going to the Microsoft store and picking one up at Midnight. I don't think its going to be as packed as most like Best Buy or walmart.

So i waited and waited and finally decided to get a pre-order, when i did it was too late and everywhere was sold out. Are you telling me that The pre-orders that people are trying to sell on ebay they are canceling all but one of their auctions for each system? If so does this mean there is going to be more on the shelves at launch? I am thinking of going to the Microsoft store and picking one up at Midnight. I don't think its going to be as packed as most like Best Buy or walmart.
The only thing I noticed is that when I tried to sell one for a friend, it says I was only allowed to sell one in a 30 day period.

no promises of course, but both MS and Sony have said there will be consoles available. Maybe you'll get lucky!

Thanks for the responses guys, i think ill head to the MS store since its inside a nice warm and cozy mall, no lines outside for me!

I am wondering what to do as well. I have one preordered that I'll be getting through Amazon but I'd like to get one for my brother. I'd love any ideas as to the best bet for launch date pickup or online. I am guessing no more will be open for online preorder until after release.

So does anybody know if the "extra" consoles places like best buy, Walmart, target, meijer are getting if they would be day one editions? I'm not even sure if meijer took pre-orders. I know kmart didn't in store. If I can't get one at Walmart at the midnight launch then I'll be stopping at kmart the next morning...lucky me, I'm working midnights..so I'll be out at 6am.

I think your best bet from what I have read is going to a Microsoft store if you have one close by. I fortunately have 2 in the city that are both doing midnight launches and have said that there will be consoles available for purchase.

Will there be a B2G1 on XB1 games next week?
The only hope is if best buy or Amazon do it since the target ad has already been posted and they don't have it. Toys r us only has the buy 3 get a $50 gift card which is spending way too much cash for me, especially since I only really want 2 games

to be honest if someone really want's one of these things at launch go on launch morning to local non big giant retailers. Those stores good chance will only get hand full of systems but no one thinks about going to them for a system launch.

i know for a fact retail chain shopko is having both at launch the store i work at is getting six ps3's for launch day and 7 xbox one.

So...

I just bought a Xbox One....

$530.

From Dell. Free shipping - confirmed FIRST-COME FIRST SERVE.

WILL SHIP 11/22

NOTE: THE CS TOLD ME - IF YOU CHOOSE 2 DAY OR 1 DAY - IT WONT SHIP ANY FASTER! DONT PAY FOR IT!

I didn't do that - but its fine. I had the dell advantage plan. It gave me free overnight shipping (est $50). Just asked CS regarding doing that - they dont apply $75 towards it. That does not count.

P.S. no its not a DAY ONE edition. I don't frankly care for an edition that says DAY ONE on it. My xbox 360 was DAY ONE. It's collecting dust.

Thanks for the responses guys, i think ill head to the MS store since its inside a nice warm and cozy mall, no lines outside for me!
The microsoft store I visited on saturday said they were going to have free pizza and a DJ starting at 10, with xbox ones set up to play until 12. Now i'm sad I pre-ordered at gamestop :(

I didn't do that - but its fine. I had the dell advantage plan. It gave me free overnight shipping (est $50). Just asked CS regarding doing that - they dont apply $75 towards it. That does not count.

P.S. no its not a DAY ONE edition. I don't frankly care for an edition that says DAY ONE on it. My xbox 360 was DAY ONE. It's collecting dust.
plus you should get 5 percent back

IIRC it's just the controller that says Day One and it comes in a black box instead of green.

Good news guys, just snagged a Xbone pre-order from dell.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7237353&ACD=10635578-2914864-&AID=2914864

Does that giftcard thing really work? If so I will totally cancel my order and re-purchase.
here's the SD thread on it...

http://slickdeals.net/f/6414306-xbox-one-pre-order

you'll have to sift through the console war posts, but there's a few people in there saying they had to do the live chat to apply both gift cards to their order

dude, hire a fucking maid.

to be honest im not a fan of the sticker that says day one being on my controller. Maybe one day that thing will make some decent money. I'm thinking of selling my day one gamer point on ebay or something maybe can make some extra bucks on that.

There was a gunmen at my campus today and I got the hell out of there.  No way I am getting shot this close to launch.

to be honest im not a fan of the sticker that says day one being on my controller. Maybe one day that thing will make some decent money. I'm thinking of selling my day one gamer point on ebay or something maybe can make some extra bucks on that.
hey timbo, don't you work in retail or know someone that does? They're giving away 12 month xbox live memberships to people that do

http://slickdeals.net/f/6414096-free-12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-if-you-work-in-retail-ymmv?

bread's done
Back